UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Stay or Leave (minus or scratch)
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Tim Green
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: just a thought!!!

quote:
Originally posted by nitehunter2004
I think That one cost around $500, still think that was a fence but not 100% sure.
Why do you ask? You know something I don’t? I do know The dog in question was sold a few days later.

I didn’t know you had a questionable dog during your visit....I was told barbed wire cut your dog that night. I had a young pup get cut pretty bad on a fence one night too

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-06-2019 06:32 PM
Tim Green is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tim Green Click here to Send Tim Green a Private Message Click Here to Email Tim Green Find more posts by Tim Green Add Tim Green to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Larry Atherton
UKC Forum Member

First off, I have hunted a fair amount hunts, I have probably seen about 6-7 cast where a dog got significantly hurt. Overall, I had more good cast than bad. That being said I hunted a walker male in the 1990s. A buddy was handling him for me. We thought there was a mean dog in the cast. My buddy convinced the judge to stop and watch the dogs tree. We watched the judges dog bite my dog several times. My buddy tried to get the judge to scratch his dog. I finally yelled at my buddy to withdraw my dog he was getting ate up. We were only about 12 feet away from the whole thing. My dog never stopped looking up or missed a beat treeing the whole time.

After we withdrew, I took my dog home and treated his wounds with penicillin and malox coated aspirin. I treated him several times, but I missed 1 bite in the middle of a black spot by his spine. Two weeks later, he seemed good so I took him to another hunt. He was actually dominating the cast and had 3 trees to himself with a coon. On his fourth tree as we walked into the tree I was ready to leash him. He suddenly stopped treeing and started walking away from the tree with his head hung just off the ground. I caught him and it was now obvious something wasn't right. In the morning I drove him 2 1/2 hours away to see Doc Kelly. The dog's left lung was collapsed from a bacteria infection. I asked Doc what was his chances. He replied I can't give you any. Well, thanks to Doc Kelly he did survive and most people would never guess he only had one lung. That crazy dog and I had many more memories.

What I can tell you is I was so mad at that dang stupid dog for letting another dog bite the crap out of him without sticking up for himself. Before that whole incident I would have been upset if he fought back or at a minimum back off the tree. Afterwards I can't say that.

Fortunately, I have not had that issue since.

Aim small miss small

Old Post 12-06-2019 06:52 PM
Larry Atherton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Larry Atherton Click here to Send Larry Atherton a Private Message Click Here to Email Larry Atherton Visit Larry Atherton's homepage! Find more posts by Larry Atherton Add Larry Atherton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: just a thought!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Tim Green
I didn’t know you had a questionable dog during your visit....I was told barbed wire cut your dog that night. I had a young pup get cut pretty bad on a fence one night too

My visit was great! lot of things get talked about an it’s always “I Was Told” but Not From Me.

Old Post 12-06-2019 07:16 PM
nitehunter2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nitehunter2004 Click here to Send nitehunter2004 a Private Message Find more posts by nitehunter2004 Add nitehunter2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: just a thought!!!

quote:
My visit was great! lot of things get talked about an it’s always “I Was Told” but Not From Me.

You got good ears to hear stuff 16 hours away lol.

Those lipper dogs never could handle a mean fence.

It took the crotch out of my overalls about three weeks ago lol.

Tar

Old Post 12-06-2019 11:38 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: just a thought!!!

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
You got good ears to hear stuff 16 hours away lol.

Those lipper dogs never could handle a mean fence.

It took the crotch out of my overalls about three weeks ago lol.

Tar

I’m sure you mean it only took 16 minutes!

Old Post 12-07-2019 12:12 AM
nitehunter2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nitehunter2004 Click here to Send nitehunter2004 a Private Message Find more posts by nitehunter2004 Add nitehunter2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pamjohnson
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
Therein lies part of the problem. Why did you not scratch the agressive dog? When you don't scratch them, you are allowing them to keep on entering hunts and causing problems. If a handler thinks that he can get away with it, he will keep on hunting the dog.
I understand. I wasn't the judge. Guess I was just to kind hearted to push it.

Old Post 12-07-2019 12:18 AM
pamjohnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pamjohnson Click here to Send pamjohnson a Private Message Click Here to Email pamjohnson Find more posts by pamjohnson Add pamjohnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: just a thought!!!

quote:
I’m sure you mean it only took 16 minutes!

I forgot about it till y’all said somthing by the way Ralph’s dog went to doggie heaven the next day would have went that night but your grandson was with us.

Tar

Old Post 12-07-2019 02:28 AM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: just a thought!!!

quote:
I forgot about it till y’all said somthing by the way Ralph’s dog went to doggie heaven the next day would have went that night but your grandson was with us.

Tar

He must have asked for forgiveness because he was gonna bust “hello” wide open! But she learned how to handle them mean fences.

Old Post 12-07-2019 02:39 AM
yadkintar
Banned

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: just a thought!!!

quote:
He must have asked for forgiveness because he was gonna bust “hello” wide open! But she learned how to handle them mean fences.

If you think that’s bad you should have been under that mean Mobil home with that mean shovel all this week with me !! I don’t even want a hound think I will get me a mean poodle and watch my mean flat screen tv.

All this mean talk y’all are doing has me scared to go out of the house and got me depressed. I am going to watch Christmas shows and get inebriated !!

Ole mean tar.

Old Post 12-07-2019 07:45 AM
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: just a thought!!!

quote:
If you think that’s bad you should have been under that mean Mobil home with that mean shovel all this week with me !! I don’t even want a hound think I will get me a mean poodle and watch my mean flat screen tv.

All this mean talk y’all are doing has me scared to go out of the house and got me depressed. I am going to watch Christmas shows and get inebriated !!

Ole mean tar.

Everyone got jokes till that vet bill comes knocking on your door, then a rule change campaign will be in full swing.

Old Post 12-07-2019 11:15 AM
yadkintar
Banned

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: just a thought!!!

quote:
Everyone got jokes till that vet bill comes knocking on your door, then a rule change campaign will be in full swing.

I haven’t been going to major hunts in a long time but at the local level I don’t see it around here. That female of Ralph’s was given to him free that’s the first time he took her and that’s the last time. We don’t make excuses we take them out of the picture.

Now as far as what’s coming tried to tell the brass they don’t believe me I wanted an answer the other day bossman called and told me no. So it’s trail by fire they will wish they listened.

That’s not gloom and doom that’s me careing enough to keep it from happening.

Tar

Old Post 12-07-2019 12:31 PM
Josh Michaelis
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: just a thought!!!

quote:

You realize that thousands of hunters hunt under this rule every year with no problems, and have for years. I have been thinking about all the casts I have been in, and to this day, I have only had one incident where a dog got hurt, and have never laid eyes one time on an absolute knockdown drag out brawl. Both of those times this rule didnt matter. Ive never seen a leashed dog get in a fight on a cast.

EVER

Old Post 12-07-2019 04:07 PM
Josh Michaelis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Josh Michaelis Click here to Send Josh Michaelis a Private Message Click Here to Email Josh Michaelis Find more posts by Josh Michaelis Add Josh Michaelis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: just a thought!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Josh Michaelis
You realize that thousands of hunters hunt under this rule every year with no problems, and have for years. I have been thinking about all the casts I have been in, and to this day, I have only had one incident where a dog got hurt, and have never laid eyes one time on an absolute knockdown drag out brawl. Both of those times this rule didnt matter. Ive never seen a leashed dog get in a fight on a cast.

EVER

I think that’s great, I don’t have a problem with the rules now Or next year, There is no rule that would have stopped any vet bills, Only the Owner/Handler/Friend could have prevented that!

Old Post 12-07-2019 05:01 PM
yadkintar
Banned

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: just a thought!!!

quote:
I think that’s great, I don’t have a problem with the rules now Or next year, There is no rule that would have stopped any vet bills, Only the Owner/Handler/Friend could have prevented that!

If you are insinuating your dog getting hurt down here was the result of anouther dog you are full of chit ! Ralph put his female on the leash after he Seen her face bark. our dogs were 900 yards deep and when yours heard them she was to dumb to ease through the fence and she run through it cutting her back and her chest and came to you then went to them. I don’t know what your smoken but it must be laced with some denial medicine.

I seen where your troll ain’t happy with her either.

Tar

Old Post 12-07-2019 11:00 PM
Hittman
UKC Forum Member

Lol your dog was cut by a fence. Not a dog. For one I dont own a mean dog and if I did there in doogie heaven. I was taught to cull at a young age.

Oklahoma is ruff hunting and old fences are everywhere. How long ago was this and were still pointing fingers lol.

Old Post 12-07-2019 11:12 PM
Hittman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hittman Click here to Send Hittman a Private Message Click Here to Email Hittman Find more posts by Hittman Add Hittman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: just a thought!!!

quote:
If you are insinuating your dog getting hurt down here was the result of anouther dog you are full of chit ! Ralph put his female on the leash after he Seen her face bark. our dogs were 900 yards deep and when yours heard them she was to dumb to ease through the fence and she run through it cutting her back and her chest and came to you then went to them. I don’t know what your smoken but it must be laced with some denial medicine.

I seen where your troll ain’t happy with her either.

Tar

No one pointing fingers, you guys blowed my 1st comment up an picked it apart like you always do!
I said No Rule Would Have Stoped me having a vet bill, only an Owner/Handler/Friend and You sir are Nether, so let the insults fly it’s sure better than getting phone calls from people telling me about your insults, You don’t intimidate me in the least.

Old Post 12-08-2019 12:23 AM
Hittman
UKC Forum Member

I have never insulted you or your dogs. And I dont comment on here at all or down grade anyone's dogs. Not my style. If I have something to say I'll say it to you.
Mr Osborne I respect you and respected you the night we went hunting. And If someone told you i sayed anything there full of *hit. I dont have many friends in coonhunting and iam fine with that. You forget that I have your # and have asked for your advice on some things. So why would I bash you sir. I wish you would tell me who told you I saying anything about you or your dogs. Because I would love to take it up with them in person.

And this Corey Hitt not my dad.

And my dog did not cut or jump on any dog. I dont own or hunt mean dogs. And never will.

That's all Iam going to say. You have a good night Mr Tim
And I wish you the best with your hunting and your dogs.

Last edited by Hittman on 12-08-2019 at 01:25 AM

Old Post 12-08-2019 01:13 AM
Hittman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hittman Click here to Send Hittman a Private Message Click Here to Email Hittman Find more posts by Hittman Add Hittman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Hittman
I have never insulted you or your dogs. And I dont comment on here at all or down grade anyone's dogs. Not my style. If I have something to say I'll say it to you.
Mr Osborne I respect you and respected you the night we went hunting. And If someone told you i sayed anything there full of *hit. I dont have many friends in coonhunting and iam fine with that. You forget that I have your # and have asked for your advice on some things. So why would I bash you sir. I wish you would tell me who told you I saying anything about you or your dogs. Because I would love to take it up with them in person.

And this Corey Hitt not my dad.

And my dog did not cut or jump on any dog. I dont own or hunt mean dogs. And never will.

That's all Iam going to say. You have a good night Mr Tim
And I wish you the best with your hunting and your dogs.

Corey I have never said one word about You Sir, I have Never said or posted one word about any dog cutting another and I did not quote you or reply to you!
Like I said before A Few People on here will quote and pick apart any post and make it about them. Yes I will help you anyway I can, you are welcome to call or come stay a week an we will Hunt, Eat and have a blast.

Old Post 12-08-2019 01:39 AM
Hittman
UKC Forum Member

Sounds good sir. I respect any hunter that has stud dogs and raises hounds. I hope to be there with yall some day. See you at big hunt soon. I'll buy you a cup of coffee.

Old Post 12-08-2019 01:43 AM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tim Osborne

I don't have a horse in this race, but it does seen like you are quick to put innocent folks in the bad mouth Tim Osborne group. I am just like Corey Hitt, I have never gave you any reason to put me in your conspiracy group that's out to get Tim Osborne, but you did. Nuff said. Dave

Last edited by Dave Richards on 12-08-2019 at 02:05 AM

Old Post 12-08-2019 02:02 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

Re: Tim Osborne

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Richards
I don't have a horse in this race, but it does seen like you are quick to put innocent folks in the bad mouth Tim Osborne group. I am just like Corey Hitt, I have never gave you any reason to put me in your conspiracy group that's out to get Tim Osborne, but you did. Nuff said. Dave

Your name has never came out of my mouth or my typing finger and I’m sorry you felt left out! But hey that’s typical for you to make it about yourself.

Old Post 12-08-2019 02:16 AM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tim Osborne

Lol. Shucks, guess I was just feeling lonely, everything's good my way. You have a nice day. Dave

Old Post 12-08-2019 02:27 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chuck Allen
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by shadinc
If it meant getting thrown out of school for the year and for life on your second offense I would tell him to walk away. If he could put a leash on and get away with it I would tell him to fight.

I would just as likely thump the hell out of the principle and the parents of the kid in question.

When the law of the land becomes unjust outlaws will rise to take their place in history.

Old Post 12-08-2019 03:10 AM
Chuck Allen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chuck Allen Click here to Send Chuck Allen a Private Message Find more posts by Chuck Allen Add Chuck Allen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Will Walker
UKC Forum Member

I like a dog that wont start a fight but will finish one if one jumps on him. I learned quick last year in a couple of the other guys hunts u better have one stay or u better stay home.

Old Post 12-10-2019 03:59 AM
Will Walker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Will Walker Click here to Send Will Walker a Private Message Click Here to Email Will Walker Find more posts by Will Walker Add Will Walker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pamjohnson
UKC Forum Member

Will walker
You are speaking the truth. Each competitor pushes the other just a little farther. Each dog pushes the other just a little farther.
I'm afraid the New rules are going to push it to far. Boy I do hope I am wrong.

Old Post 12-10-2019 02:44 PM
pamjohnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pamjohnson Click here to Send pamjohnson a Private Message Click Here to Email pamjohnson Find more posts by pamjohnson Add pamjohnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote