UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Jump Outs
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pat Bizich
Banned

First guy I ever hunted with as partners could climb trees like a monkey. We were both green as could be . We reran 20 or more first summer we hunted together and about ruined a couple well papered young dogs.
When you don't have a pup trainer we were told by the "experts" that this was a quick way to get them on a lot of hot tracks and get them started .
One night he climbed this one smaller tree. Coon was out closer to the end of a branch. So he is up there shaking the heck out of this tree. It just would not let go. Any way he hollers down at me if it was starting to rain. I yelled back no. And he kept shaking. He yells again . You sure its not raining? Again I hollered back no. Matter of fact I can see the stars are out. He yells back well then this coon is pi**ing on my face.

Gone but never forgotten:
NtChGrCh Dryfork Punkin
NtChGrCh Dryfork Little Blue Baby Doll
2009 Pa Show Dog Of The Year
GrCh Dryfork Little Black Book
Gr.Ch. Make My Day Sunny
Gone too soon RIP my baby girl
Gr.Ch. Black Dog Black Cherry
GrCh Dryfork Black Dog Raine
One of kind and would make a believer out of you when you thought there were no coon left
Home of:
2009,2013,2018 Pa. State
Show Handler Of The Year
CH. Power Pack Pepper
2018 Pa. Show Dog Of Year
Gr.Ch. Batman's Poison Ivy
2011&2013 WTDA Pa State Champion
2011&2013 Overall Hunt For The Cure
Ch. Jay's Greenridge Heidi
In memory of my best friend "Jay"

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-27-2019 10:54 PM
Pat Bizich is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pat Bizich Click here to Send Pat Bizich a Private Message Find more posts by Pat Bizich Add Pat Bizich to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
toe cutter
UKC Forum Member

40 yrs or more ago I had dogs with neck problems.. I never shook any coons out,,, I use to climb the tree and shoot the coon out trying to get the dog to look up..

Old Post 11-28-2019 04:29 PM
toe cutter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for toe cutter Click here to Send toe cutter a Private Message Find more posts by toe cutter Add toe cutter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pigsit
UKC Forum Member

Re: Jump Outs

quote:
Originally posted by Preacher Tom
When I was a boy (a long time ago) we started all our pups by letting the old dogs tree a coon then tie them back and jump the coon out and let the young dogs run and (hopefully) retree it. Back then a natural part of coon hunting was tree climbing. Some said it would make dogs loose at the tree but I never saw it do so unless way overdone. Just wondering if any of these young guys climb trees and shake out coon?
Dogs back then were a lot less tree minded, need something to fire them up. How many fund raiser have you seen for some coon hunter that fell out of a tree and broke his back, now in a wheel chair.

Dual GRNTCH Wendy
GRNTCH Cola
GrNtCH Honky Tonk Rock and Roll
Dual GRCH Bumper
Dual CH June
Dual CH Jill

Old Post 11-28-2019 06:09 PM
pigsit is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pigsit Click here to Send pigsit a Private Message Click Here to Email pigsit Find more posts by pigsit Add pigsit to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ray&Luie
UKC Forum Member

Climbing trees

When I was in my early twenties I was pretty good at it but when I hit 30 everything wend down from there
Shock a lot of coons out before then though and had some fine races, with little walker dogs that could flat run a coon, to catch. Those where good times with Good friends that have mostly all passed on All night hunts with all night Coon Dogs

Ray Hudson

Old Post 06-05-2020 09:32 PM
Ray&Luie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ray&Luie Click here to Send Ray&Luie a Private Message Find more posts by Ray&Luie Add Ray&Luie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pigsit
UKC Forum Member

I can't recall all the fund raisers I've either been to or seen listed in the magazines over the years for coon hunters who fell out of trees. I hope folks finally figured out that's why they make .22"s.

Dual GRNTCH Wendy
GRNTCH Cola
GrNtCH Honky Tonk Rock and Roll
Dual GRCH Bumper
Dual CH June
Dual CH Jill

Old Post 06-06-2020 07:21 PM
pigsit is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pigsit Click here to Send pigsit a Private Message Click Here to Email pigsit Find more posts by pigsit Add pigsit to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

pigsit

Lol. I used to climb, but those days are long gone and as some posters have stated, you do not need to do as much these days to get a dog to tree. Back in my younger days dogs were not as tree minded as they are today. The only way I get coons out of trees these days is with a 22 rifle. Dave

Old Post 06-06-2020 09:33 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote