UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Valbazen
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
wlewis323
UKC Forum Member

Valbazen

Could use a little help with information regarding wormers or just all medicine that dogs need. don’t want to harm them by giving too much or leave anything out they need. I’ve been giving ivermectin every month but wanted to try Valbazen every month with it or instead of ivermectin. heard it might treat more types of worms or is more benefical but not sure how much to give each dog because the bottle says 3 ml for a 100 pound sheep and 3 ml for. 75 pound goat. Any help with the dose of Valbazen would really help out... and any other info about valbazen or anything else I need to know about. Hopefully I’m giving the right dose of ivermectin as well... have always just done it how my dad has done it but I know he wasn’t very educated he probably went with what the first person probably recommended he talked too. He’s been doing it for years but he doesn’t have the money invested in his deer dogs like I do the coon dogs. Just want to feel like I’m doing it right.

someone with experience please school me on this lol

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-14-2019 11:39 AM
wlewis323 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wlewis323 Click here to Send wlewis323 a Private Message Click Here to Email wlewis323 Find more posts by wlewis323 Add wlewis323 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Valbazen....

I have used this for years......But only as needed for Worms. Not every Month.
I will give Ivomec on 1st of Month and Valbazen on 15th if needed.
I give 5cc 3 Days in a row to a 50 pound dog.
Good stuff....!!!
Tim

Quality, Dependable Coon Lights--Built by a Coonhunter for Coonhunters
==================================
** Superior Lights

** Sunspot Hunting Lights

** Zepp's--Quality Products

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

** They Twist it until they start believing it themselves**

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Competition Coonhunters and Politicians
** Win anyway you have to & tell everyone what they want to hear **

Old Post 11-14-2019 11:44 AM
Triple K Kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Triple K Kennel Click here to Send Triple K Kennel a Private Message Find more posts by Triple K Kennel Add Triple K Kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bearhunter747
UKC Forum Member

Triple K what worms will the Valbazen treat? Hooks ,whips, round and tapes?

Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid! (John Wayne)

Old Post 11-14-2019 12:22 PM
bearhunter747 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bearhunter747 Click here to Send bearhunter747 a Private Message Find more posts by bearhunter747 Add bearhunter747 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
groworg1
UKC Forum Member

ml and cc are the same measurement for those who don't know

Old Post 11-14-2019 01:40 PM
groworg1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for groworg1 Click here to Send groworg1 a Private Message Click Here to Email groworg1 Find more posts by groworg1 Add groworg1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

The best wormer that you can get is Droncil Plus or the generic Troncit Plus. You only have to give it as needed and it kills all worms. It is a combination of Prazaquantel and Pyrantel, hence the "Plus". Ivomec is really only good for heartworm and tick prevention.

Old Post 11-14-2019 02:10 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Toad Hill
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by bearhunter747
Triple K what worms will the Valbazen treat? Hooks ,whips, round and tapes?

They claim it will kill tape but it wont. Great wormer though . Using it 3 days in a row like one should, it isnt much cheaper than giving a generic drontal+ pill which is the best IMO

* GRNTCH PKC CH SMALL TOWN LONE SURVIVOR "LONER" DNA-VIP
(GRNTCH Cabin Creek Rowdy semen X GRNTCH CH Lonesome Dove Lori)
----- Chilled semen available, 463 million total sperm per collection sent - Quality Documented & Guaranteed as of 11-15-23 -----
-English Days 2020 - 3rd place Fri / High Scoring male & 1st place Sat night
-2021 UKC World TOP 100
-2022 TOC Qualified
-2022 UKC World Qualified
-2023 UKC World Qualified
-2023 PKC World Quarter Finalist TOP 105
- For more on Loner, Go listen to Episode #1 on The Coonhound Collective podcast on Spotify.

* GRNTCH CH LONESOME DOVE LORI ( 2018 UKC World top 25 ) World Qualified 3 years straight [ double bred , 2X WLD CH Eng Fem GRNTCH Backroads Rosie ]

* GRNTCH CH SMALL TOWN BINGO STAR DNA-VIP ( 2019 Winter Classic 2nd place ) [ HOF GRNTCH Wilcox Thunder Bingo X Dual Grand Tree Rockin' Nelly ]
(( Star is the Dam to 2021 Southern Eng Days High Scoring Male & Overall Winner ))

- Live breeding doesn't dictate the future success of a puppy any more than a frozen breeding does.

+ I am the Wretch the song refers to

Old Post 11-14-2019 02:36 PM
Toad Hill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Toad Hill Click here to Send Toad Hill a Private Message Find more posts by Toad Hill Add Toad Hill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wlewis323
UKC Forum Member

If I did ivermec at the end of last month and doing Valbazen 5ml for 3 days in a row now.. since neither treat tapeworms how soon and what could I use to treat them. Don’t want to overload him with meds but i want to get him right
Thanks

Old Post 11-15-2019 12:15 AM
wlewis323 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wlewis323 Click here to Send wlewis323 a Private Message Click Here to Email wlewis323 Find more posts by wlewis323 Add wlewis323 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Valbazen....

Anytime my dogs have had Tape Worms I give them the Valbazen 3 days in a row......Gets them Everytime...!!
Then I do a follow up with same doze 3 weeks from that time.
From what I can tell it gets All Worms except for a Heartworm Preventative.
Tim

Quality, Dependable Coon Lights--Built by a Coonhunter for Coonhunters
==================================
** Superior Lights

** Sunspot Hunting Lights

** Zepp's--Quality Products

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

** They Twist it until they start believing it themselves**

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Competition Coonhunters and Politicians
** Win anyway you have to & tell everyone what they want to hear **

Old Post 11-15-2019 12:26 AM
Triple K Kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Triple K Kennel Click here to Send Triple K Kennel a Private Message Find more posts by Triple K Kennel Add Triple K Kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wlewis323
UKC Forum Member

Thanks For the help Tim

Old Post 11-15-2019 12:34 AM
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

Previous threads concerning Valbazen had some posters say that it would cause infertility in dogs. I know I used it on a couple dogs before I heard that and it did a great job but haven’t used it since.

Ivomec dosage to get a little more ivomec than a heart guard tablet is dilute 1 cc of ivomec with 9 cc’s of polyglycol and give 1/10 of a cc per 10 pounds of body weight once a month. Most people give 1/10 per 10 pounds straight which is over 10 times the ivomec in heargaurd but that has worked for people for years although there is no way of knowing if that shaved any time off of those dogs life’s.

‘’

Old Post 11-15-2019 01:40 AM
ov_blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ov_blues Click here to Send ov_blues a Private Message Click Here to Email ov_blues Find more posts by ov_blues Add ov_blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oklared
UKC Forum Member

SAFEGARD FOR HORSE'S ( PANACURE)

HOME OF 2010 HIGH SCOREING REDBONE FEMALE, DUAL CH Y2KD, #7 REPRODUCING RED FEMALE
NT.Ch. WINNER AT REDBONE SEC. 2008
3RD PL. NT.CH. 2009 BATTLE OF BREEDS AT ADA OKLA.
4TH PLACE R.Q.E 2010
2ND PLACE OVERALL AT ZONE 4 AND DOUBLE CAST WINNER 2010
WENT TO 2010 WORLD HUNT
AMERICAN REDBONE ASSOCIATION HIGH SCOREING REDBONE FEMALE OF THE 2010 WORLD HUNT
OVERALL HI SCOREING DOG AT 2010 BBCHA BLUE TIC SECTIONAL
GR.NT.CH. AT 12 and A HALF
MADE-EM SEE RED

Old Post 11-15-2019 12:28 PM
oklared is offline Click Here to See the Profile for oklared Click here to Send oklared a Private Message Click Here to Email oklared Find more posts by oklared Add oklared to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wlewis323
UKC Forum Member

So Valbazen does or doesn’t cause infertility?

Old Post 11-16-2019 03:00 AM
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

Do a word search on here on Valbazen and you will be able to find several older threads about it. Wormers have been discussed on here many times over the past several years in many threads. You’ll be able to gather a lot more information real fast.

Old Post 11-16-2019 04:49 AM
ov_blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ov_blues Click here to Send ov_blues a Private Message Click Here to Email ov_blues Find more posts by ov_blues Add ov_blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jgarrett
UKC Forum Member

Valbazen dosage for dogs.

1cc per 20lbs of body weight 3 days in a row for dogs with worms.

1cc per 10lbs of body weight for 1 day for a monthly preventive.

Works well on hook, round and whips.

Old Post 11-16-2019 01:35 PM
Jgarrett is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jgarrett Click here to Send Jgarrett a Private Message Click Here to Email Jgarrett Find more posts by Jgarrett Add Jgarrett to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pat Bizich
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by ov_blues
Previous threads concerning Valbazen had some posters say that it would cause infertility in dogs. I know I used it on a couple dogs before I heard that and it did a great job but haven’t used it since.

‘’

[QUOTE]Hat creek mac
UKC Forum Member
I will share a horror story about Valbazen. I used it for several years. I had several beagles years ago. Wormed one of them that was bred by accident when I was worming all my dogs. This female had pups that were severely deformed. I went back and read the bottle. "do not give to bred ewes" which it is labeled as a cattle, sheep, and goat wormer. I have never used it since. The safeguard wormer works good for me. I like the liquid goat form....easier to get the correct dosage.

[QUOTE]

Residual Warnings
Because a withdrawal time in milk has not been established, do not use in female dairy cattle of breeding age. Do not use in lactating does.(substitute your female dogs here)
Precaution
Do not administer to female cattle during first 45 days of pregnancy or for 45 days after removal of bulls. (In other words possibly pregnant or bred animal) Do not administer to ewes or does during the first 30 days of pregnancy or for 30 days after removal of rams or bucks.( Again possibly pregnant or bred animal )

Albendazole(VALBAZEN ) may harm an unborn baby
You may need to have a negative pregnancy test before starting this treatment.
It may not be safe to breastfeed while using this medicine
(Substitute in your dog)
Albendazole can increase your risk of bleeding or infection. You will need frequent medical tests.
Your liver function may also need to be checked every 2 weeks.

Common side effects may include:
headache, neck stiffness, increased sensitivity to light, confusion;
fever;
nausea, vomiting, stomach pain;
abnormal liver function tests;
dizziness, spinning sensation; or
temporary hair loss.

Watch this video of a kid goat... pitiful
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...A&FORM=VIRE

Never been a fan of safeguard,Valbazen,Fenbendazole.

Think I will stick with PRAZIQUANTEL FOR TAPES
ONE AND DONE.

Gone but never forgotten:
NtChGrCh Dryfork Punkin
NtChGrCh Dryfork Little Blue Baby Doll
2009 Pa Show Dog Of The Year
GrCh Dryfork Little Black Book
Gr.Ch. Make My Day Sunny
Gone too soon RIP my baby girl
Gr.Ch. Black Dog Black Cherry
GrCh Dryfork Black Dog Raine
One of kind and would make a believer out of you when you thought there were no coon left
Home of:
2009,2013,2018 Pa. State
Show Handler Of The Year
CH. Power Pack Pepper
2018 Pa. Show Dog Of Year
Gr.Ch. Batman's Poison Ivy
2011&2013 WTDA Pa State Champion
2011&2013 Overall Hunt For The Cure
Ch. Jay's Greenridge Heidi
In memory of my best friend "Jay"

Last edited by Pat Bizich on 11-16-2019 at 04:49 PM

Old Post 11-16-2019 04:31 PM
Pat Bizich is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pat Bizich Click here to Send Pat Bizich a Private Message Find more posts by Pat Bizich Add Pat Bizich to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote