UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Treeing Walkers > Girls Hunt Too!
Pages (8): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Carl Fox
UKC Forum Member

Talking

LOL Brother Tom you know i would never break the law and shoot a coon out when season is not in.

For no more than Sam has been hunted he really did do a good job.

He has never been in the hill with anothe dog except Ronnies Lilly dog and that was back when he was six months old when we turned a cage coon lose one night and that is the only coon he has seen.

Thats a bunch of bull that a dog needs a coon every night or two. Sam goes with his head straight up winding and if there is a lay up in 50 or a 100 yards you can bet he will find it and lock up tight tree dog deluxe when he knows he has it.

TAKE YOUR KIDS HUNTING INSTEAD
OF HUNTING FOR YOUR KIDS!!!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-12-2014 04:17 PM
Carl Fox is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Carl Fox Click here to Send Carl Fox a Private Message Find more posts by Carl Fox Add Carl Fox to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
t fox
UKC Forum Member

TEAM DOOZE

I CANT WAIT TILL STROKE GETS BETTER SO WE CAN HUNT SOME, I HAVE NO WORRIES ABOUT SAM MAKING A COON TREEING MACHINE, I KNOW YOU IF ITS IN THEM YOU WILL GET IT OUT OF THEM.

GRNITE, CH, MEADOW CREEK JOE
GRNITE, CH, YADKIN RIVER MISSY

Old Post 05-12-2014 06:45 PM
t fox is offline Click Here to See the Profile for t fox Click here to Send t fox a Private Message Find more posts by t fox Add t fox to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ole hoss
UKC Forum Member

Carl you need to get you one of these box pups. Mine just turned a yr old. 1 first place win with 575 plus and $244 earned in pkc. Had 2 cast wins at the walker days last week. Still needs lots of work but not bad for a pup. I finnaly found one of his litter mates and i bought her. She was in georgia and she will be here friday. She hasnt been pushed like mine has. I hunted him hard all winter long and you can tell it too. Glad to hear ole sam is comeing on. Maybe we can get in a final four togather one night.

Old Post 05-13-2014 04:44 AM
ole hoss is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ole hoss Click here to Send ole hoss a Private Message Click Here to Email ole hoss Find more posts by ole hoss Add ole hoss to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ole hoss
UKC Forum Member

A good handler does make it easyier!! Id hunted in one hunt before i got this pup and didnt know the first thing about it. All the wins this pup got he won on his own. He just flat out dominated the cast. All i did was tell the judge when he opened and treed!! Walk in and shine the tree!! He is a nice pup but needs alot of work. Sometimes i feel as though hes movein backwards instead of forward. And carl i aint got to worry about gettin him eat up!! The other guy with his dog better worry about gettin his eat up!! Lol

Old Post 05-13-2014 05:23 PM
ole hoss is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ole hoss Click here to Send ole hoss a Private Message Click Here to Email ole hoss Find more posts by ole hoss Add ole hoss to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Carl Fox
UKC Forum Member

Insane Sam is a half brother to James Turpins new stud dog Insane Crank.

Both dogs are out of Stylish Clyde who is finally getting the recognition of being the full sister to work champion Insane Jane and a reproducer of coon dogs himself.

James always seems to be one step ahead of his competors way to go James be down when corn comes in and we will turn Sam and Crank lose and have us a little corn field music.

Old Post 05-18-2014 05:19 PM
Carl Fox is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Carl Fox Click here to Send Carl Fox a Private Message Find more posts by Carl Fox Add Carl Fox to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ole hoss
UKC Forum Member

i always rather show mine in the woods carl!! some like that show thing to though. well carl all that huntin dads pup didnt pay off cause now hes saleing him. kind of pissed me off but i knew it all along. i got his litter mate female but she aint as far long but shes mine so ill hunt her till i get her right. it amazes me the things he does sometimes. he did buy the female for me. but she was cheap. i know if my son hunted my dog through a winter like we had and won money on him and put a first place win on him id keep the dog or give it to him if i decided i didnt want to hunt any more. $$$$ goes to the head sometimes i guess. lesson learned on this end though.

Old Post 05-27-2014 08:28 PM
ole hoss
UKC Forum Member

i just got a new pup also. its a female out of box and it just turned 3 months old. its runnin loose on a farm and im gonna pick it up in 2 months. keith let me have it cause i started a big male pup for him. still huntin him and hes doing good. is sam a spring or fall pup?

Old Post 05-27-2014 09:06 PM
Bolden1
UKC Forum Member

Carl or tommy

If u all see anyone looking for a young dog to hunt this summer I got one. She's never been hunted but bred the best. She's off all grand ride and Harry's First Lady. All grand female and great looking. Would work with anybody on her but they can come get her and see if they like her before they pay. Especially a young kid looking to get into hunting. Thanks.

Tim 6067949261

2005 ukc Wldntch Grntch Bolden & Turpins
Insane jane. Handler/past owner
2005 over all setwd over all winner nt.ch
Bentley high dollar Lucy
2006 akc national pup champion Drop Dead
Fred ( Handler/ past owner)
2008 Ukc Ky State Champion Grntch High X
Pectations ( Handler / past owner)
2009 akc Ky State Champion Grntch
Hardwood X Press ( handler/ trainer)

Gr.Nt.Ch Big D & Joplins Super Sally

Old Post 05-28-2014 04:05 PM
Bolden1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bolden1 Click here to Send Bolden1 a Private Message Find more posts by Bolden1 Add Bolden1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
randall smith
UKC Forum Member

UKC June 14th Three Forks Coon Club

Cats Cove Kennels
Ntch,Grch. Timber Cruizin' Carlie
'PR'NTCH,Ch. Swampmusic Bear HTX ( Wtda Ntch,Ch)
Mad Cats Thunder Bella ( MTN Cur){Wtda Sqch,Tree Ch,Ch. World show ch.}

Old Post 05-28-2014 10:29 PM
randall smith is offline Click Here to See the Profile for randall smith Click here to Send randall smith a Private Message Click Here to Email randall smith Find more posts by randall smith Add randall smith to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
randall smith
UKC Forum Member

That's ok Carl. we also have an acha hunt june 27th

Cats Cove Kennels

Old Post 05-29-2014 10:27 PM
randall smith is offline Click Here to See the Profile for randall smith Click here to Send randall smith a Private Message Click Here to Email randall smith Find more posts by randall smith Add randall smith to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
randall smith
UKC Forum Member

we are making profit on them as long as these guys will keep showing up we will try and keep having them.

Cats Cove Kennels

Old Post 05-30-2014 08:28 PM
InsaneSam
UKC Forum Member

Smile

InsaneSam will be one year old tomorrow. I hope he is finally done growing.

Old Post 06-19-2014 01:43 PM
InsaneSam is offline Click Here to See the Profile for InsaneSam Click here to Send InsaneSam a Private Message Find more posts by InsaneSam Add InsaneSam to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
InsaneSam
UKC Forum Member

poor feller is going to get a treatment with the shock collar for his birthday. *worst birthday ever* LOL

Old Post 06-19-2014 03:27 PM
InsaneSam is offline Click Here to See the Profile for InsaneSam Click here to Send InsaneSam a Private Message Find more posts by InsaneSam Add InsaneSam to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ole hoss
UKC Forum Member

i gotta have a handle on my dogs carl!! were i hunt theirs a lot of rivers, creeks and swamps that you cant get across so they got to learn to come when i call. i got a lil lockbox gyp down here thats just a real plesure to hunt. smartest lil dog i ever led. i introduce mine early to the ecollor. best tool ever made if you use it right!!! worse tool ever made if you dont. lol

Old Post 06-19-2014 06:19 PM
ole hoss
UKC Forum Member

you got that right!!! ive had them that you had to run down!! that was when i was younger. i cant do that any longer. now i just hollor dead and it dont matter if their a half mile deep and treed lookin one in his eyes they will drop off and be at my feet. a dog with a good handle is fun to cut loose. that one that dont want to listen dont get hunted much here. man ive set and waited till day light many mornings waitin for a dumb dog to come in before i learnt to put a handle on one. its the easyiest thing to teach and you got it right. 50 ft rope and a shock collor. tone!! then light stimulation and he will learn quick when he hears that beap to get to you fast!!

Old Post 06-19-2014 06:46 PM
InsaneSam
UKC Forum Member

I am excited I can't wait to get Sam in the hill tonight! I have a feeling he is going to do well with this cooler weather we are going to be having coons should be moving around tonight

Old Post 07-04-2014 01:15 PM
ole hoss
UKC Forum Member

well? how did ole sam do?

Old Post 07-05-2014 08:26 AM
ole hoss
UKC Forum Member

My pup is the same way carl. Kind of hard headed when it comes to calling him in. Most of the time you find him under ole ricky though. I didnt go last night. Took the night off to spend with the family and enjoy the fellowship and fire works. Been hunting hard and seen day light every morning this week. Getting ready to leave out and go up to keiths and pick up my 4 month old female out of box this morning.
You dont have to sand bag!!! Just tell them your hunting sam alone. Ive got buddys i hunt with all the time and we all want to cut ares alone. We just drive around cuttin dogs through the country and then go rounding them up!!!!

Old Post 07-05-2014 01:59 PM
InsaneSam
UKC Forum Member

Thumbs up

Yep I've already put in for the day off for when we go to Autumn Oaks. Maybe we will pick up a playmate for Sam LOL. I hope he is ready to get down to serious business tonight though.

Old Post 07-11-2014 07:26 PM
ole hoss
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by InsaneSam
Yep I've already put in for the day off for when we go to Autumn Oaks. Maybe we will pick up a playmate for Sam LOL. I hope he is ready to get down to serious business tonight though.

Are you hunting sam at autuom oaks?

Old Post 07-12-2014 10:04 PM
InsaneSam
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by ole hoss
Are you hunting sam at autuom oaks?

We feel like he's too young and not been hunted with enough other dogs yet.

Old Post 07-13-2014 12:28 PM
ole hoss
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by InsaneSam
We feel like he's too young and not been hunted with enough other dogs yet.

Sometimes its best to wait until they have some age on them. I myself take mine when i feel he can win. These young dogs go through spurts. Look good today and bad tomorrow. I think sam and my pup are the same age or close to it. Mine is 14 months old. His birth date is 5-7-13.

Old Post 07-13-2014 08:45 PM
Carl Fox
UKC Forum Member

Talking

Sams birthday is 6-20-13 and you are right seems young dogs never do the same two nights in a row.

Aneisa and i have been training Sam alone and we have him to the point now that we pretty well know what he is going to do by himself but now we need to start hunting him with strange dogs.

He will have to be broke from all the play i am sure.

He will have to be broke from chasing all the females i am sure.

Sam is a tree hugger tree dog with other dogs tree jacking and maybe face barking will he pick up their habbits or will he even tree with another dog theses are only a few things we got to find out.

Then people wonder how i get from two to three thousand dollars for a young dog ready for the hunts.

Sam belongs to Aneisa and i don't think money could buy him Sam probably has a home for life her hope is a future gr.nt.ch. stud dog but he may be two years old before he is entered in his first hunt if we come up with the right handler and sam proves out to be the dog i think he can be.
This is one reason i am looking for the right little female that i will sale or use to raise pups from when i retire in a couple of years when i get her right for the training part is the part i love not the hunts and arguments and slick handling that goes on nothing like me and my pup out on a good dark damp night and that pup running his or her first track or barking up their first tree.
Could not give me a world champion if i did not train it.

Last edited by Carl Fox on 07-14-2014 at 04:49 PM

Old Post 07-14-2014 04:47 PM
ole hoss
UKC Forum Member

a man never knows what his pup will do when turned a loose with another dog. but if your gonna hunt them in the hunts you have to find out cause people take some dandys to these hunts now days. tree jackers, tree chewers, aligators, face barkers, and most of the ones ive seen do these things are all me too dogs!!! so when ole sam gets in their treed by his self he wont be lonely long he will have lots of company!!! i know my pup picked up some bad habits from me throwing him in with the wolves at a young age for no reason but me just wanting to go to town. didnt take me long to see a few first place wins and a couple hundred dollors wasnt enough for me to keep pushing him. since then ive fixed a few of the problems. but they took longer to fix than it did for him to pick them up!! ive learned to hunt mine with independent dogs and you dont have alot of these problems. mine has to be a loner! i cant stand a dog to come across the world to back a dog. i just about got him by his self 100% of the time unless something comes to him. raiseing and training a pup takes more paitence than i thought. i figured it would be easy when i got this one cause he was a natural. then the problems started and i about lost my cool with him. every win he got he got it honest. i never was in a hunt until i got him. strike and tree him and that was it.

Old Post 07-14-2014 07:31 PM
InsaneSam
UKC Forum Member

Thumbs up

What does everyone think about this picture of Sam?

Old Post 07-24-2014 03:10 PM