UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Treeing Walkers > bone pups? (how is your doing ?)
Pages (7): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Jill
UKC Forum Member

Kate

My female just turned 2 the end of October she is out of Bone & Storm. She is a Nite Champion with 1 win towards Grand.. So far I really like her she has a loud mouth and is a nice tree dog.

Home Of
PKC CH GR NT CH 'PR' Ryan's Hi-Tech Mini-Me (3x Maritime CH & CN State CH)
GR NT CH 'PR' Ryan's Hi-Tech Kate(2x Maritime CH)
PKC SCH GR NT CH 'PR' Harry's Stylish Swagger

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-02-2013 08:42 PM
Jill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jill Click here to Send Jill a Private Message Click Here to Email Jill Visit Jill's homepage! Find more posts by Jill Add Jill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Climb or Die
UKC Forum Member

nice looking female you have there jill. I don't believe I have seen an ugly bone pup yet. what is her hunting style and how is the storm female bred?

A MAN'S EGO IS A HEAVY LOAD FOR HIS DOG TO HAVE TO CARRY

Old Post 11-02-2013 08:47 PM
Climb or Die is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Climb or Die Click here to Send Climb or Die a Private Message Click Here to Email Climb or Die Find more posts by Climb or Die Add Climb or Die to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jill
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Climb or Die
nice looking female you have there jill. I don't believe I have seen an ugly bone pup yet. what is her hunting style and how is the storm female bred?

Thanks! Storm is a Grand Nite Silver Champion out of Trackman & a Rat female.. Kate runs a track with a loud bawl and has a big locate. She is a steady chop 90 bpm tree dog. She isn't a first strike dog but she opens good and I know how good the track is when she opens. She was one of the easiest pups to train. When I started hunting her last fall she didn't go as far as I'd like alone but now she goes til she gets struck! I bought her as a puppy from Arkansas and glad I did.. I'd definitely try another Bone pup in the future.

Home Of
PKC CH GR NT CH 'PR' Ryan's Hi-Tech Mini-Me (3x Maritime CH & CN State CH)
GR NT CH 'PR' Ryan's Hi-Tech Kate(2x Maritime CH)
PKC SCH GR NT CH 'PR' Harry's Stylish Swagger

Old Post 11-02-2013 09:02 PM
Jill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jill Click here to Send Jill a Private Message Click Here to Email Jill Visit Jill's homepage! Find more posts by Jill Add Jill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tardawg
UKC Forum Member

I bred my Dual Grand Champion Miss Pac Man female to Bone. She had seven pups 2 males and 5 females. All seven pups are running and treeing coon, they are under a year old. I think Bone is reproducing very well.

alankalal1959@gmail.com

Home of:
Gr. Ch. Gr. Nite Ch. 'PR' Kalal's MN Pyched Up Miss Pac Man

R.I.P.
Dual Grand Champion Kalal's Minnesota Anne
&
Dual Grand Champion Kalal's Minnesota Destiny in the Wind

Support the Treeing Walker Breeders & Fanciers Association.

Old Post 11-02-2013 11:50 PM
Tardawg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tardawg Click here to Send Tardawg a Private Message Click Here to Email Tardawg Find more posts by Tardawg Add Tardawg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chad west
UKC Forum Member

http://i1317.photobucket.com/albums...zps798d0ac3.jpgRepo on a coon the other nite.

Old Post 11-03-2013 06:28 PM
chad west is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chad west Click here to Send chad west a Private Message Find more posts by chad west Add chad west to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Climb or Die
UKC Forum Member

flo had her best night of hunting yet. first drop she went in behind the old dog hit a track and come treed with a coon curled up first fork. second dump she made a slick there was a large broke over tree that leaned up against another tree about ten foot up she tracked up the broke over tree and treed on the tree it was leaning against I think the coon just kind threw her for a loop I cut her off that tree towards the old dog who was treed she got in by him worked a track and split treed about 40 yards from him they both had a coon. last drop two dogs went straight out about 900 yards and worked a track an got treed she cut left handed about 500 yards and did her best job tracking yet. she opened quick and was working the track nice what really impressed me is when the track was getting tough she would shut up and drift that track on out . she took that track about 6 hundred yards and come treed with that huge screaming bawl locate and sat down and treed like a grown dog. she is really starting to hunt out and she is impressing me with her tracking ability. i'm really liking this pup and she is showing all the signs to be that elite dog I have been looking for. her is a picture of her treed from the first tree tonight.

URL=http://s156.photobucket.com/user/hntwitcurs/media/floagain015.jpg.html][/URL]

Old Post 11-04-2013 05:04 PM
Climb or Die is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Climb or Die Click here to Send Climb or Die a Private Message Click Here to Email Climb or Die Find more posts by Climb or Die Add Climb or Die to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Climb or Die
UKC Forum Member

common pup again tonight two slicks the first one was a broke over tree which I understand with a young pup it went up and came back down to the ground I sent her on she picked the track back up and worked out of there only to come up slick on some grapevines

Old Post 11-06-2013 03:57 AM
Climb or Die
UKC Forum Member

lastnight I turned flo my bone pup loose as I went in the pouring rain to get another dog that was treed .8 miles threw the country I was about 200 yrds from flo when she come treed I figured the older gentleman I hunt with would get her tied as she wasn't to far from the truck well I got back from pulling the other dog off the tree about 45 minutes later and she was still in there clicking them off well when I got the English dog back to the truck I ask pap does she have a coon in there he says I have no idea I thought you had tired her and then went to get woody. I says no I thought you tied her anyway I grabbed the gun cause if she had one and stayed treed for nearly and hour in the pouring rain she was getting it well she had the coon and she got it. needless to say I was very proud of that pup last night she treed two coons and a den in the pouring rain

Old Post 11-07-2013 08:02 PM
kenney Clark
UKC Forum Member

Outstanding Jay. Looking good. Hope she becomes everything your looking for. I am hearing nothing but good things from the entire Litter.

RIP - GR.NT.CH. , PKC CH. AKC NT.CH. SPIDERMAN SAM.

Contact Kenney Clark - 330-738-3019 CELL- 330-205 3299

Old Post 11-09-2013 02:20 PM
kenney Clark is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kenney Clark Click here to Send kenney Clark a Private Message Find more posts by kenney Clark Add kenney Clark to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Climb or Die
UKC Forum Member

it will be strictly one on one training for flo for a while. she has proven she can tree coon in style and needs to concentrate on doing it consistently every drop even though she will not cover or go to other dogs she gets distracted and gets a little tree happy I think its her competiveness. I think one on one with kill season in is just what the doctor ordered for her. i'll continue to check her progress by turning her with strange dogs once in great while but it just me and her for a while pics to update progress regularly

Old Post 11-10-2013 06:05 PM
AndyMiller
UKC Forum Member

bone

HI= I WUD BUY A BONE MALE OR FEMALE ==IF SOMEBODY KNOWS OF ONE == IT HAS TO GO HUNTN BYSELF === I HAD A FEMALE BUT HER FAULT WAS SHE DID NOT SHOOT IN THR LIKE I LIKE THEM ====LET ME KNOW I PAY GOOD FOR TH RIGHT KIND ===330-204-8844

Old Post 11-16-2013 05:30 PM
AndyMiller is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AndyMiller Click here to Send AndyMiller a Private Message Click Here to Email AndyMiller Find more posts by AndyMiller Add AndyMiller to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chad west
UKC Forum Member

Repo on anther coon he treed

'NITECH' WEST'S REPO COLLECTOR
    GRNITECH PKC CH WEST'S BIG JIM TREE JAMMER{RIP}

Old Post 11-16-2013 09:18 PM
chad west is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chad west Click here to Send chad west a Private Message Find more posts by chad west Add chad west to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chad west
UKC Forum Member

'NITECH' WEST'S REPO COLLECTOR
    GRNITECH PKC CH WEST'S BIG JIM TREE JAMMER{RIP}

Old Post 11-16-2013 09:45 PM
Brandon2490
New UKC Forum Member

i have a male dog out bone collecter he just turned a year old a guy had him and he had been on a chain from the time he was a pup i got him went huntin cut him with a finshed female i have he hunts good independent but i have yet to hear him open or tree anyone wanna tell me what to do been huntin 5 nights a week for the pasted 2 months!!!
be patient or call it a cull

Old Post 12-14-2013 06:05 PM
Brandon2490 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Brandon2490 Click here to Send Brandon2490 a Private Message Click Here to Email Brandon2490 Find more posts by Brandon2490 Add Brandon2490 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Climb or Die
UKC Forum Member

I would show some patience with him show him a caged coon get him fired up have some one hold him on a leash and let that coon go let him watch it run a way and when it get out of site turn him loose instinct should take over its a rough time of year to be trying to get one started

Old Post 12-15-2013 01:58 AM
Fisher13
UKC Forum Member

Climb,

From what you have said in this forum, she sounds a lot like Fred's and homers offspring, starts quiet and tree oriented, then will become more track focused and spend more time with her nose in the ground. She will become more accurate and should become naturally straight. She will be inconsistent for her first year of hunting but once she reaches full maturity she will look her best night in and out.
These traits all go back to Fred and queen, and beyond. I love my Fred dog, and will be picking up a bone pup here shortly hopefully. I'm glad to hear bone is throwing many of the same traits that I love in Fred's off spring. A lazy streak pry can be isolated to bones bottom side imo. The tightness in mouth can be traced back to Fred's offspring, but they are not all that way, but can often be a 3rd or 4th strike dog. However they generally those dogs are the most accurate in what I have heard.

How is her nose, I know mine is a little colder then I would prefer?
Do you see a lot of coon sense?
Tracking ability? I know this was a major weakness in some of Fred's offspring, tended to get hung up a little to much or had a tendency to be a little to tree oriented, or mess with tracks that were just way to old to be messing with. However I have found with hunting and maturity they tend to become more balanced.
How is heart and drive? I think this is my favorite trait from the skuna line lots of heart. I hope bone is continuing that trait as well.
Be patient by the time she turns 2 to 3 yrs old she should be unbeatable and have the consistency you desire. I have also heard of a lot of Fred dogs that are one man dogs and would often digress after being sold. Not sure if that was carried on down to bone.

Old Post 12-15-2013 07:16 PM
Fisher13 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Fisher13 Click here to Send Fisher13 a Private Message Find more posts by Fisher13 Add Fisher13 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rthompson
UKC Forum Member

love mine love mine!!!! good lookn loud independant best 8 mth old pup ive had ina while

Old Post 12-18-2013 03:44 AM
rthompson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rthompson Click here to Send rthompson a Private Message Click Here to Email rthompson Find more posts by rthompson Add rthompson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Climb or Die
UKC Forum Member

flo still has her nights of acting like a pup but has those times where she makes it look so dang easy it ain't funny. we had a warm up in the weather the other night. English dog strikes first she works the track with him and comes treed while he is still trailing around shw had the coon. next drop she actually covered the English dog on a big den. cut them off the den they run track and split treed her on a den the English dog on a slick cut them off there she strikes a track opens 4-5 times drifts in out about 500 yrds I am wondering what is going on cause she hasn't opend in a while then all I hear is that huge locate and her sitt down and tree just a hammering away she had another coon there didn't get a good shot on it so the fight was on she never backed down got chewed up a little but that just lit a fire under her she is a good kill dog for her age. anyway the English covered her there so I leashed him up and let her run as we walked out well she disappeared I wasn't even really paying attention and three hundred yards right hand I hear that big locate again and her sit down and tree never made a track bark well she had another shot it out and called it a night. some nights I would like to shoot her others you couldn't buy her.

Last edited by Climb or Die on 12-26-2013 at 03:23 AM

Old Post 12-26-2013 03:20 AM
Fisher13
UKC Forum Member

Glad to hear she is doing well for ya!
I was able to pick one up this past week, I'm anxious to get him started.

Old Post 12-26-2013 01:01 PM
Fisher13 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Fisher13 Click here to Send Fisher13 a Private Message Find more posts by Fisher13 Add Fisher13 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Climb or Die
UKC Forum Member

nice lookin pup fisher what kinda of female is he out of

Old Post 12-26-2013 07:49 PM
Climb or Die
UKC Forum Member

here are a couple random pics flo with a weeks catch and my future handler with his new coonhunting light santa left him under the tree

Old Post 12-26-2013 08:08 PM
Fisher13
UKC Forum Member

House x lone pine is the mother

Old Post 12-26-2013 08:20 PM
thomsgunner
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Climb or Die

here are a couple random pics flo with a weeks catch and my future handler with his new coonhunting light santa left him under the tree

what light is that in the photo ive been looking for a good light for my son

Old Post 12-27-2013 02:31 AM
thomsgunner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thomsgunner Click here to Send thomsgunner a Private Message Find more posts by thomsgunner Add thomsgunner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Climb or Die
UKC Forum Member

its the Dakota d-lux from taters hunting supply nice bright light easy to operate and super light

Old Post 12-27-2013 05:08 AM
Climb or Die
UKC Forum Member

not a bad night out the pups caught one on the ground made a slick, treed a den, treed a coon and had one track totally blow up but we hit some good tracks in spite of the cold

Old Post 12-27-2013 05:11 AM