UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Blueticks: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Mayberry Blue Diamond Jim
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Craig Edwards
UKC Forum Member

Mayberry Blue Diamond Jim

Jim is doing good, and is being hunted just about every night. I plan on putting him in a few hunts this fall. This pic was made at Bluetick Days. He treed, alone, the only two coons that were seen on his cast.

I would like to breed him to a couple of nice females. I would breed to the right kind of female for a pup.

Home of Mayberry Blueticks
Jhn. 3:30, "He must increase, but I must decrease."

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-24-2014 02:55 AM
Craig Edwards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Craig Edwards Click here to Send Craig Edwards a Private Message Visit Craig Edwards's homepage! Find more posts by Craig Edwards Add Craig Edwards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Craig Edwards
UKC Forum Member

.............................................Carpenters Blue Smokey
.................................Nt.Ch. Rhodes Tom-Dulley
.............................................Carpenters Blue Lue
.....................Mayberry Blue Bawling Andy
............................................Mayberry Blue Andy (Cody)
.................................Mayberry Blue Nippet
........................................... Mayberry Blue Darling
...........Mayberry Blue Diamond Jim
.............................................Nt. Ch. JB's Chief
.................................Smokey Ri. Chief's Blu Trapper
.............................................Hunting Creek Blue Kari
.....................Smokey River Blue Dot
............................................ Handy's BluTack
.................................Smokey River Bell
...................................... ......S. R. JB's Chief Sadie

Tom Dulley was double Diamond Jim bred and Handy's Blu Tack was double Diamond Jim. Great grandson on top, and grandson on bottom.

Jim has a good "Bluetick" head, and Bluetick mouth. He has fire in his bones, and is ready to go......all the time.

Old Post 08-24-2014 02:59 AM
Craig Edwards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Craig Edwards Click here to Send Craig Edwards a Private Message Visit Craig Edwards's homepage! Find more posts by Craig Edwards Add Craig Edwards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Craig Edwards
UKC Forum Member

This is Bawling Andy, Jim's sire. He was the best young dog I ever owned. He died at age two from kidney failure.

Old Post 08-24-2014 03:14 AM
Craig Edwards
UKC Forum Member

This is Nippet, Jim's grandmother. She was probably my second all time favorite. Was a natural from a pup on. I never knew of a pup out of Nippet that would not tree.

Old Post 08-24-2014 01:56 PM
Craig Edwards
UKC Forum Member

This is the old Andy; I called him Cody.
I am posting these pictures to show you some of the hounds in Jim's pedigree. Jim is not a fluke, or an accident. He comes from a long line of reproducers, and is a good reflection on his ancestry.

Jim has never lost a cast.......course, he's only been in one. hahaha!!!!

Jim would/could help your kennel if you needed to put some go power, track, nose, or tree in your females. You don't want to unsnap the leash unless you are ready to go hunting. He is definitely not afraid of the dark.

Old Post 08-24-2014 02:04 PM
Craig Edwards
UKC Forum Member

<>

Old Post 08-25-2014 07:02 PM
Darren barkman
UKC Forum Member

Sharp

Looking male Craig

Old Post 09-02-2014 02:40 AM
Darren barkman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Darren barkman Click here to Send Darren barkman a Private Message Click Here to Email Darren barkman Find more posts by Darren barkman Add Darren barkman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Craig Edwards
UKC Forum Member

Re: Sharp

quote:
Originally posted by Darren barkman
Looking male Craig

Thank you !!!

Old Post 09-02-2014 08:44 PM
Craig Edwards
UKC Forum Member

I believe Jim will produce go hunting pups, with bluetick heads, bawl mouths, with a fearless determination. Most of the time Jim will be by himself. He's not a perfect hound, but has a lot to offer if you prefer Smokey River Bloodlines.

Old Post 09-02-2014 08:50 PM
Racket Ridge
UKC Forum Member

Jim

He's a sharp hound Craig, good luck with him, take care.
RockyCundiff

Old Post 09-03-2014 02:45 AM
Racket Ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Racket Ridge Click here to Send Racket Ridge a Private Message Click Here to Email Racket Ridge Find more posts by Racket Ridge Add Racket Ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Darren barkman
UKC Forum Member

Picures

Do u have anymore pictures of Jim ?

Old Post 09-04-2014 02:59 AM
Darren barkman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Darren barkman Click here to Send Darren barkman a Private Message Click Here to Email Darren barkman Find more posts by Darren barkman Add Darren barkman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Craig Edwards
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Rocky!! Good to hear from you.

I don't have any more pictures right now. He's in Va. being hunted, getting ready to put him in a few hunts.

I wish I could have got Jim sooner. He has a lot of heart and desire!!! It's too bad that he's never been bred, so I do not know what he will reproduce. But, I know what his ancestors have done, and he should be a good link in the chain. If you need more go, desire, and nose in your hounds, you ought to take a good look at Jim. I'm not even thinking money. I would like to get him bred to a few GOOD females. I feel confident he will do his part, and then some, in the breeders pen.

Old Post 09-04-2014 05:11 AM
kengregory
UKC Forum Member

good-lookin hound Mr. Edwards..... the chief stuff crosses good on our stuff....Good luck with him!

Old Post 09-04-2014 11:32 AM
kengregory is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kengregory Click here to Send kengregory a Private Message Find more posts by kengregory Add kengregory to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Craig Edwards
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by kengregory
good-lookin hound Mr. Edwards..... the chief stuff crosses good on our stuff....Good luck with him!

Thanks Ken. Really appreciate it!!

Old Post 09-04-2014 09:06 PM
Darren barkman
UKC Forum Member

Jim

What's his age Craig n what would u say is his strengths n weaknesses thanks Darren

Old Post 09-06-2014 02:41 PM
Craig Edwards
UKC Forum Member

I think Jim will be a better than average reproducer because of the dogs that are behind him. I mean his sire, dam, grandparents, great grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins. I also believe, with the right female, the magic everyone hopes for, could happen. I think he is capable of producing something really special, if crossed with the right female, and the right kind of people get his pups.

Based on what I've seen from him, and his ancestors, his pups should have plenty of hunt in them, nose, bawl on track, chop on tree, desire and determination, should look like hounds, intelligence, and they should start early. They should do very well on coon and bear.

If I did not believe it, I would not ask anyone to give him a chance. I'm not charging a stud fee b/c I have a strong feeling that Jim could maintain and improve the quality of hounds produced in most kennels. It's not about the money to me.

Last edited by Craig Edwards on 09-10-2014 at 02:37 AM

Old Post 09-10-2014 02:33 AM
Craig Edwards
UKC Forum Member

There's a few guys who are planning on breeding their good females to Jim. I'll keep everyone posted. If you like Smokey River breeding, and have a female worthy of raising pups from, you ought to take a look at Jim.

Old Post 09-12-2014 05:01 AM
Craig Edwards
UKC Forum Member

Even though my phone is not ringing off the hook, there's been a few, real bluetickers, who have expressed an interest in breeding to Jim.

One question I've been asked is, "Is he performanced?" He is not right now, but will be in Jan. of next year.

Another question I've been asked is about his accuracy. That is one of his strongest points. He has the ability to trail the track to it's final end.

If you like Smokey River, and need more tracking and trailing in your dogs, or need more "Hound" in your dogs, or need more go or independence in your dogs, you might want to look at Jim. Right now he doesn't have any titles, but if you don't tell his puppies, they'll never know!!!

Thanks for taking the time to stop by!!!

Old Post 09-25-2014 02:37 PM
Craig Edwards
UKC Forum Member

Re: Jim

quote:
Originally posted by Darren barkman
What's his age Craig n what would u say is his strengths n weaknesses thanks Darren

I've been giving this question a lot of thought, and want to answer it as honestly, and accurately as I possibly can.

1. STRENGTHS: Goes hunting, is not ill, bawl track mouth, chop on the tree; independent; really good track dog...finishing the track to where the game is. He will go past slick treed dogs, and tree the coon. He has lots of drive and heart; Looks like a hound ought to look.

2. Weaknesses; Since he is accurate, he is not a one bark tree dog. When he has it, he comes down with authority, and is there to stay. You can tell the difference between checking, and treeing. This is may not be not real good if you're keeping score with a pencil. But here in these mountains, after walking a good distance, and keeping score with a 22, I like it!!!

Last edited by Craig Edwards on 09-25-2014 at 02:58 PM

Old Post 09-25-2014 02:56 PM
Craig Edwards
UKC Forum Member

Some interest has been shown in Jim, even though my phone has not been ringing off the hook. There are a few guys wanting to breed to Jim: 1. They like his looks 2. They like his breeding 3. They trust me.

Jim will do his part in putting go, desire, accuracy, and tracking and trailing into his pups. He is not a really big dog, but believe me when I say, he is all hound!!!

If you have the right kind of female, and want to raise the right kind of pups, there is NO STUD FEE ON JIM...providing your female is a coon dog. He should outcross well on most bloodlines. Give me a call anytime. Thanks for your time.

Old Post 10-04-2014 01:38 PM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Pictures

Mr. Edwards I just wanted to let you know that I received the pictures yesterday. They are good pictures and I thank you very much for sending them to me.

Old Post 10-15-2014 04:03 PM
Misty river is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Misty river Click here to Send Misty river a Private Message Click Here to Email Misty river Find more posts by Misty river Add Misty river to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Craig Edwards
UKC Forum Member

Re: Pictures

quote:
Originally posted by Misty river
Mr. Edwards I just wanted to let you know that I received the pictures yesterday. They are good pictures and I thank you very much for sending them to me.

I was happy to do it. As far as I know, they are the only existing pictures of Smokey River Blue Spud.

Old Post 10-20-2014 05:31 AM
Craig Edwards
UKC Forum Member

Here's Diamond Jim treed!!! He was in some kind of thicket. I needed a blood transfusion after I got to him. lol!!

Diamond Jim has more go, heart, and desire than any dog I've owned in a long time, and maybe more than any dog I've ever owned. Gets gone quick, but he leaves with his nose on the ground. He hunts, even when on a leash. He doesn't walk on water, but he will get across !!! If nothing happens, should be having some pups before too much longer. He needs to be bred. Should throw some really good big game hounds. He has the desire, go power, stay power, nose and brains, it takes to make a good bear dog. His ancestors did too!!!

Old Post 11-06-2014 11:19 PM
Craig Edwards
UKC Forum Member

Thanks for the calls, and interest in Jim. I appreciate your interest.

I would not say the things about Jim I've said if they were not true. He is not a miracle hound by any means, but he is a really nice hound, from a long line of good reproducers.

I have a female I will be breeding to Jim that is Bullet II on the top side, and Tramp on the bottom. All Smokey River.

I acquired another female this week to breed to Jim. She is half Vaughn, and 1//4 Smokey River, and 1/4 Utchman. She is a good looking female with a real good nose. Opens as soon as she smells game.

Several people have contacted me about breeding to Jim. Don't let the low stud fee (no stud fee) fool you. It's not about money. I love Blueticks, and I know Jim has something to offer. The Lord has always provided for me, and if I can help anyone put some "Good" in their kennel....I will.

Old Post 11-08-2014 04:32 AM
Craig Edwards
UKC Forum Member

I've had several phone calls about Jim from owners of good females. Looks like Jim is about to get busy. Jim reminds me of some of the hounds I used to hunt........on steroids!! haha!! He is wound tight!!!!!

Old Post 11-13-2014 02:09 AM