UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Babbling Genetic or Trained
Babbling genetic or trained
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Genetic 26 60.47%
Trained 17 39.53%
Total: 43 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Jgarrett
UKC Forum Member

Babbling Genetic or Trained

Do you think that most of the babblers you draw are that way genetically or is it a result of their training?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-02-2018 09:33 PM
Jgarrett is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Jgarrett Click here to Send Jgarrett a Private Message Click Here to Email Jgarrett Find more posts by Jgarrett Add Jgarrett to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
elvis
UKC Forum Member

I think its a lack of training.

Old Post 02-02-2018 09:57 PM
elvis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for elvis Click here to Send elvis a Private Message Find more posts by elvis Add elvis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by elvis
I think its a lack of training.

Oh my goodness.... Does anyone know how to train one to babble?

Old Post 02-02-2018 10:29 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Billy George
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
Oh my goodness.... Does anyone know how to train one to babble?

No but you dam sure train one not to..... jmo.. lol..

PR B and B's Smokin' Willie

"PR"B and B's Coon Doctor
( Gr.Nite Ch.Bee Creek Dr.Max xGr.Nite Ch. Moonshine Maggie)

Past Home of:

Nite Ch. "PR"B and B's Smokin' Misty (2007-2018)

Nite Ch B&B's Black Hoss (1992-2003)

Nite Ch.Gr.Ch. Shaker Hill Mr. Grubbs (2003-2011)

Old Post 02-02-2018 11:12 PM
Billy George is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Billy George Click here to Send Billy George a Private Message Click Here to Email Billy George Visit Billy George's homepage! Find more posts by Billy George Add Billy George to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cory Highfill
UKC Forum Member

I hate em.
I think making one babble is as easy as hunting it when it's too small/young to keep up. Or holding it back for a minute when dogs racehorse off the leash. Some are born barking idiots, some are made that way accidentally by idiot trainers, and some are made that way intentionally to achieve a first strike.

Old Post 02-02-2018 11:16 PM
Cory Highfill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cory Highfill Click here to Send Cory Highfill a Private Message Click Here to Email Cory Highfill Find more posts by Cory Highfill Add Cory Highfill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bob Hennessey
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Cory Highfill
I hate em.
I think making one babble is as easy as hunting it when it's too small/young to keep up. Or holding it back for a minute when dogs racehorse off the leash. Some are born barking idiots, some are made that way accidentally by idiot trainers, and some are made that way intentionally to achieve a first strike.

BINGO

You can't fix STUPID!

Old Post 02-03-2018 12:10 AM
Bob Hennessey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bob Hennessey Click here to Send Bob Hennessey a Private Message Find more posts by Bob Hennessey Add Bob Hennessey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ringtail
UKC Forum Member

quote:
I hate em.

Cory hit the nail on the head.... Although I don't believe all the trainers who unintentionally teach one to babble are idiot trainers (some are idiots, but I wouldn't say all).

"TREE MY DOG" - NO BETTER FEELING

NAADP Charter Member....... appointed by King Dave himself........

Old Post 02-03-2018 01:32 AM
ringtail is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ringtail Click here to Send ringtail a Private Message Click Here to Email ringtail Find more posts by ringtail Add ringtail to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jgarrett
UKC Forum Member

quote:
I hate em.

Cory you are spot on with my line of thinking.

Someone told me about a guy that was hunting a coon treeing son of a gun that was an honest strike dog and one of the big winning handlers told him that if he could make that dog a strike dog in two weeks.

Old Post 02-03-2018 07:22 PM
Jgarrett is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Jgarrett Click here to Send Jgarrett a Private Message Click Here to Email Jgarrett Find more posts by Jgarrett Add Jgarrett to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote