UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Red dogs just can't get no respect !!
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
4play
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by JiM
She won the 1st rd with 150-. She won the 2nd rd with 25-. She won the 3rd rd with 100-. She won the 4th with 25+. Apparently looked very good in the Final till she quit..

Ouch

Nitech Stylish Clover Shark Jill - RIP 'Ole Girl
{Great White Shark x Brush Creek Patch}

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-21-2019 07:42 PM
4play is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 4play Click here to Send 4play a Private Message Click Here to Email 4play Find more posts by 4play Add 4play to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Adamjohnson656
New UKC Forum Member

Sure sounds like alot of jealousy to me.....jmo though, lol!

Old Post 03-21-2019 10:53 PM
Adamjohnson656 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Adamjohnson656 Click here to Send Adamjohnson656 a Private Message Find more posts by Adamjohnson656 Add Adamjohnson656 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Adam

If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck and looks like a duck, it might just be a duck. Lol. Her scores were not great, but she beat every dog she hunted against. What do you call one that does that? WINNER! Now all these commenters are painting a one sided picture, if she was as bad as some would lead us to believe, why couldn't a better dog beat her? Dry hole excuses don't hold water, after all all they had to do was win their cast and advance just like she did. Congratulations James and Tammy. Dave

Old Post 03-21-2019 11:27 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Burchel Davis
UKC Forum Member

can’t believe ole blue walked off two trees, wonder where the dog catcher was?

Old Post 03-21-2019 11:43 PM
Burchel Davis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Burchel Davis Click here to Send Burchel Davis a Private Message Click Here to Email Burchel Davis Find more posts by Burchel Davis Add Burchel Davis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Adam Wingler
UKC Forum Member

I’ve hunted with Tammy a couple casts, she certainly didn’t finish a cast with minus and even won the first time by pulling a coon out her rear (so to speak) with maybe 10 minutes left.

One thing people don’t realize within the breed is redbones tend (not always!) to keep their nose cleaner than the wild tree gamblers of today. So in a cast where the minus points are piling on, they end up with the least by making less trees and taking less gambles.

Now of course I’ve seen walkers operate the same, but in these fast paced hunts, every handler wants some action and wants it quick. It was even debated by many of you a couple weeks ago on would you rather have that deep and lonely dog on one coon (that lost) or one that made numerous trees taking first or second, never going far yet ending up with a better score with the win.

Love it or hate how a dog wins...it wins...and it’s coonhunting. Far from the simplicity of the total # of baskets or least # of strokes in more commonly known sports. Now I say all that while ignoring comments in regards to cheating, I’m not addressing that in my above comments.

Old Post 03-21-2019 11:44 PM
Adam Wingler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Adam Wingler Click here to Send Adam Wingler a Private Message Click Here to Email Adam Wingler Find more posts by Adam Wingler Add Adam Wingler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Dave you been out of it a while a coondog can't tree coon where the are not any !! I been dry holed many times my dog opened it was a coon my dog treed it was a coon if my stuff wasn't right you didn't see me there. Now they got dogs I hunt with some that run and tree all night and I can't get a bark what they are doing I don't know you never see no coon. If they are all together they circle anything if they need to win if the leader of the cast gets by itself there better be a coon in plain sight or it's a minus. Ain't the same game me and you played they play plan B.

She won fair and square by the rules in place and I congradualate them on their win.

By the scores at the nationals last night some of the same dogs placed there with good scores !!

Tar

Old Post 03-21-2019 11:46 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote