UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > English: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Hooper Ridge English
Pages (18): « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Rocketman55
UKC Forum Member

Hioper Ridge Tree Slamin Sam

Big Ole shout out to Hooper Ridge Tree Slammin Sam and his owner, Mike Biggins of Millfield Ohio for picking up their 1st place win last night at the Trimble Twp Coonhunters club in Glouster, Ohio.

Sam scored 400+ and no minus, winning high scoring dog of the hunt. Congrats to you both. Great Job.

Sam is double Rocket bred and acts a good bit like him. He is getting better every night.

Glouster, Ohio 45732
Home To:
Gr.Nt.Ch. Hooper Ridge Hang'em High Holly
Gr.Nt.Ch. Hooper Ridge Rockets Top Gun.
Gr.Nt.Ch.Hooper Ridge Rocket
Gr.Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Dolly
Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Queen
Nt.Ch Raw Dawg Rowdy
PR Tree Banging Buddy
HOOPER RIDGE ENGLISH-POUND FOR POUND THEY ARE ONE TOUGH HOUND!!!!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-26-2014 07:28 PM
Rocketman55 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rocketman55 Click here to Send Rocketman55 a Private Message Click Here to Email Rocketman55 Find more posts by Rocketman55 Add Rocketman55 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
biggins80
UKC Forum Member

Dave it not for u none of this would have possible my friend thanks again finally lady luck on r side no copperheads to throw a bump in the road this time

Old Post 07-27-2014 04:35 AM
biggins80 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for biggins80 Click here to Send biggins80 a Private Message Click Here to Email biggins80 Visit biggins80's homepage! Find more posts by biggins80 Add biggins80 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Doug Robinson
UKC Forum Member

Dave

quote:
Originally posted by Rocketman55
Well got my bad new today. Doc says I have a torn ACL and a torn Meniscus. Said the recovery time is somewhere from 31/2 to 5 months before he will let me go to the woods with a brace. Surgery is scheduled for Aug 12th. That is going to put me right up against opening night to somewhere toward christmas before I will be back in the timber.

I hope Ole Holly comes in heat so I will have not have to fret about taking her hunting on those cool fall nights.

To all you young hunters, enjoy each night like it is your last, as you just never know when your going to be put up on the shelf for a while, LOL

I guess maybe me and this ole computer will have to do till the knee gets good enough to go.

Good Hunting to all!!!

Man hate to hear about your knee I feel your pain. If you want the month before seson send Holly up I have a safe haven for dogs, 6X12 kennels inside a 1/2 acre fenced in area in the woods I will hunt Holly with Bluspeck and get her in shape for ya! Just an offer wont cost ya nothin meet ya half way...something to think about. Good luck with your surgury!

Past Home of:
GRNITECH FCH GRCH ROBINSON'S SILVERTONE BLUSPECK HTX DNA-P
GRNITECH GRCH PKC CH ROBINSON'S RED LINDSAY
NITECH GRFCH GRWCH GRCH ROBINSON'S CROOKTAIL KATE
GRNITECH GRCH ROBINSON'S CIDERHOUSE LULU
NITECH GRCH GRFCH GRWCH RED RIDGE'S SUPER SHOCK Z HTX2
NITECH GRCH ROBINSON'S OATKA VALLEY ANNIE (BLUSPECK DAUGHTER)
NITECH GRCH ROBINSON'S JJ THUNDER SUE

Current
CH PR ROBINSON'S OATKA VALLEY JUNEBUG - (GRNITECH PKC CH RIVER BOTTOM'S CRACKER JACK X NITECH GRCH ROBINSON'S OATKA VALLEY ANNIE)

Old Post 07-28-2014 02:32 AM
Doug Robinson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Doug Robinson Click here to Send Doug Robinson a Private Message Click Here to Email Doug Robinson Find more posts by Doug Robinson Add Doug Robinson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
seth isch
UKC Forum Member

David

Hope u have a quick recovery!! Sounds like Doug has a good offer for ya!! Take care... Seth

覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
GRNTCH RED RUBY HARDTIME JAKE
GRNTCH PKC CH BIG HOLLOW AWESOME LEXUS
GRNTCH HARDTIME HADDIE
CH PR HIGH VOLTAGE ROCKSY

Old Post 07-28-2014 03:50 AM
seth isch is offline Click Here to See the Profile for seth isch Click here to Send seth isch a Private Message Click Here to Email seth isch Find more posts by seth isch Add seth isch to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rocketman55
UKC Forum Member

Doug, thank you so very much for such a kind gesture. If Holly comes in heat (Here very soon I hope) my plan is to breed her. But if she doesn't cooperate, I may get back with you a little closer to fall and take you up on that most generous offer. Thanks again, friends like you are few and far between, God Bless!!!!

Seth, I sure appreciate your good wishes. I wish you the very best of luck at the Oaks, from what I seen at English Days, you have as good of a shot as anybody at winning this one. You sure have a kennel full of fine hounds.

Take acre my friend, and again Thanks so much!!

Glouster, Ohio 45732
Home To:
Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Queen
Nt.Ch Raw Dawg Rowdy
PR Tree Banging Buddy

Old Post 07-28-2014 03:51 PM
Rocketman55 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rocketman55 Click here to Send Rocketman55 a Private Message Click Here to Email Rocketman55 Find more posts by Rocketman55 Add Rocketman55 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shelbabiggs
UKC Forum Member

DAVE YOU WON'T STAY OUT OF THE WOODS WHEN SEANSON COMES IN. YOU TAKE CARE OL BUDDY BE EASY ON THAT LEG WHEN THEY GETTER DONE .
FRANK & SHELBA THE LAST OF MY HOOPER RIDGE BLOOD IS IN VA. I'D SAY YOU WILL SEE OUR BREEDING IN THE MOUNTIANS THEY WILL BE TOUGH

Old Post 07-31-2014 02:33 AM
shelbabiggs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shelbabiggs Click here to Send shelbabiggs a Private Message Click Here to Email shelbabiggs Find more posts by shelbabiggs Add shelbabiggs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rocketman55
UKC Forum Member

Hello Frank, thank You for the sound advice. Man this will be the toughest fall of my life as i have never missed a coon hunting season in over 40 years.

I hope you are right and I get out there some. My good friend from the point pleasant area, (Nick Meige) plans to come up some and take me and Holly to the timber. Friends like him are a real blessing !!

Sounds like your LE pups are coming along just fine. I was sure you would like pups from him. Doug has a dandy hound there and is reproducing some fine pups.

God Bless buddy, surgery is scheduled for a week from today. I will be glad to get it behind me and get on the road to recovery. after all, I still have not yet won the world hunt, LOL.

Doesn't hurt to dream does it??? LOL Good hunting to you my friend!!

Glouster, Ohio 45732
Home To:
Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Queen
Nt.Ch Raw Dawg Rowdy
PR Tree Banging Buddy

Old Post 08-06-2014 03:36 AM
shelbabiggs
UKC Forum Member

DAVE YOU HAVE THAT DREAM AND IT WILL COME TRUE . I DREAM OF WINNING THE SS I MAY NOT DO IT BUT IT WILL BE ON OF MY ENGLISH LOL. MY BUDDY IS GONE TO HUNT RAMBO FOR ME SO I CAN HUNT THE FEMAIL, I CAN BARELY HUNT ONE DOG. I SEE YOUR YOUNG DOGS ARE DOING GOOD TAKE CARE OL BUDDY FRANK

Old Post 08-06-2014 05:53 PM
shelbabiggs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shelbabiggs Click here to Send shelbabiggs a Private Message Click Here to Email shelbabiggs Find more posts by shelbabiggs Add shelbabiggs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Doug Robinson
UKC Forum Member

DAVE

Good luck on the surgery I know you will be in the woods this fall. If there is anything I can do for you let me know! Take care my friend!

Ole Bluspeck has been looking good and Paul and I are working two nice 10 mos old pups off him and Mainstreet Jacki that are runnin and treeing. Paul calls one Tree Doctor he has a big ole bawl that makes your hair stand up on the back of your head LOL! Heading to Pa. and breeding a Bluspeck daughter this weekend so hope to have pups this fall. Dave I am even buying a new camera!! Good luck and keep us posted.

Past Home of:
GRNITECH FCH GRCH ROBINSON'S SILVERTONE BLUSPECK HTX DNA-P
GRNITECH GRCH PKC CH ROBINSON'S RED LINDSAY
NITECH GRFCH GRWCH GRCH ROBINSON'S CROOKTAIL KATE
GRNITECH GRCH ROBINSON'S CIDERHOUSE LULU
NITECH GRCH GRFCH GRWCH RED RIDGE'S SUPER SHOCK Z HTX2
NITECH GRCH ROBINSON'S OATKA VALLEY ANNIE (BLUSPECK DAUGHTER)
NITECH GRCH ROBINSON'S JJ THUNDER SUE

Current
CH PR ROBINSON'S OATKA VALLEY JUNEBUG - (GRNITECH PKC CH RIVER BOTTOM'S CRACKER JACK X NITECH GRCH ROBINSON'S OATKA VALLEY ANNIE)

Last edited by Doug Robinson on 08-07-2014 at 12:31 PM

Old Post 08-07-2014 12:26 PM
Doug Robinson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Doug Robinson Click here to Send Doug Robinson a Private Message Click Here to Email Doug Robinson Find more posts by Doug Robinson Add Doug Robinson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rocketman55
UKC Forum Member

Thanks so much Doug for the well wishes. I sure do appreciate your generosity. Sounds like you and Paul are going to have a blast this fall with those young dogs.

Man I already love those pics you post, so I'm guessing with this new camera it will be (almost) as if I'm at the tree with you. God Bless my friend, Hope your daughter is doing well these days. and thank you so very much for thinking of me.

Give ole BlueSpeck a big ole hug for me and I'll see him at the tree, (with those new pics) your going to be taking. LOL.

Talk to ya soon!!!

Glouster, Ohio 45732
Home To:
Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Queen
Nt.Ch Raw Dawg Rowdy
PR Tree Banging Buddy

Old Post 08-09-2014 08:24 PM
Rocketman55
UKC Forum Member

You never think

When you are young and pounding that good young hound you never give it a second thought that your coonhunting bug can be cut short for what ever reason it may be, in the blink of an eye.

To my wife Debbie I THANK YOU for feeding Ole Holly every day and never complaining one time about how she tries to push past you when you get to the kennel door.

It has now been 12 days since my knee surgery and just in the past two days, has the pain let up enough that I can now tell I'm on the mends.

I have decided to bring in a new puppy to my kennel, that can grow and mature while I'm on the mends waiting for Ole Doc to turn me loose in the woods again. When I get him home I will work to post a few pics of this new addition.

Thank You Mr Mark Looney and Big River Dan for giving me an opportunity to own this new puppy. The puppy is directly off Dan, and is also double loaded with Kenny Thrashers bloodline on its bottom side. It is a honor to own a pup from this mans personal bloodline.

I had the opportunity to draw Mark and Big River Dan at last years Autumn Oaks and not only did I like the way Dan preformed, (quick off the strap, quick to open, fast on the ground, Never knew what pressure was) But also really liked the sportsmanship exhibited by Mr. Mark Looney. A winning hound gets your attention, BUT the way a handler presents himself on a cast speaks volumes as to how that dog did its winning. Mr. Mark Looney is a 1st class man with a 1st class hound and I'm honored to give some of his blood the chance to three these S.E. Ohio coons. Thank You Mark for hauling him all this way for me. I cannot wait to get him home. Good Luck to ALL my friends at the Oaks, but especially so to my ENGLISH friends LOL.

Come on guys, don't get mad at me now. Anybody that knows me knows I have never owned anything but an English Hound, and that is now over 40 years ago. But I still have Plott, Walker, Bluetick and Redbone friends that I would like to see do well too, LOL!!

Glouster, Ohio 45732
Home To:
Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Queen
Nt.Ch Raw Dawg Rowdy
PR Tree Banging Buddy

Last edited by Rocketman55 on 08-25-2014 at 04:36 AM

Old Post 08-25-2014 04:32 AM
Rocketman55
UKC Forum Member

BIG THANK YOU

Thank You Mr. Mark Looney. You sure did send me a very nice pup. When I get up and about I will post some pics of this new addition to these hills of Hooper Ridge.

I am naming him Thrasher as he is loaded with Mr. Kenny Thrasher's bloodlines, and Mark was kind enough to give me an opportunity to own a piece of Mark & Kenny's efforts.

Mark You are always welcome to stop in for some fun hunting when you get up this way. If Ole Thrasher has half the tools of his daddy, we are going to have a blast both pleasure and competition hunting this guy.

Again Thanks my friend!!

Glouster, Ohio 45732
Home To:
Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Queen
Nt.Ch Raw Dawg Rowdy
PR Tree Banging Buddy

Old Post 08-31-2014 05:23 PM
Rocketman55
UKC Forum Member

Congrats Mike Biggins

Would like to send a big ole CONGRATS to Mike Biggins and is fine hound Hooper Ridge Tree Slamin Sam.

Mike and Sam picked up another 1st place win and high scoring dog of the hunt at Pomeroy, Ohio Last night.

That finished Sam to a night Champion with two 1st and a second place win. Way to go guys.

Sam is a typical Hooper Ridge hound, Top notch Strike, track and tree dog. Proud of you guys for bringing home the bacon.

Now go get that grand night degree!!

Glouster, Ohio 45732
Home To:
Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Queen
Nt.Ch Raw Dawg Rowdy
PR Tree Banging Buddy

Old Post 09-07-2014 03:20 AM
Rocketman55
UKC Forum Member

Oh what a feeling

OMG Holly & I finally went back to the woods last night thanks to my nephew Mike Biggins and his father in law, Dave McCune. We hunted Holly and Sam. Had a den tree, a big leafy/viney maple and finally seen my first coon in a tree since June, from one of those red hot cornfield races.

Ole Sam dropped the hammer on me and holly on that deal, and looked good doing it. I sure had a great time being back out under a dark night sky with temps in the 50's

Loved it and thanks again guys!!

Glouster, Ohio 45732
Home To:
Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Queen
Nt.Ch Raw Dawg Rowdy
PR Tree Banging Buddy

Old Post 09-19-2014 09:22 PM
hardtymes
UKC Forum Member

Hey Dave hows the hobbling doing getiting any better !!

COONHUNTER =since 1969 RETIRED>2010
<>OVER THE HILL TRAINER! !! 606-286-4690

Old Post 09-20-2014 02:07 PM
hardtymes is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hardtymes Click here to Send hardtymes a Private Message Visit hardtymes's homepage! Find more posts by hardtymes Add hardtymes to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rocketman55
UKC Forum Member

Hobbling, LOL, you got that right Dave. That ole knee is starting to come alive though, thank Goodness! Doc says I should give up my last crutch in an another week and start walking solo.

I just might make a few trees by coon season after all, LOL.

Hope all is well with you right now, Do you have a young one you are looking forward to getting after when kill season comes in??

Glouster, Ohio 45732
Home To:
Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Queen
Nt.Ch Raw Dawg Rowdy
PR Tree Banging Buddy

Old Post 09-20-2014 06:40 PM
hardtymes
UKC Forum Member

Yea one of them jessie lee dogs cross on a little taco !!

COONHUNTER =since 1969 RETIRED>2010
<>OVER THE HILL TRAINER! !! 606-286-4690

Old Post 09-22-2014 03:22 AM
hardtymes is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hardtymes Click here to Send hardtymes a Private Message Visit hardtymes's homepage! Find more posts by hardtymes Add hardtymes to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rocketman55
UKC Forum Member

Oh Yea, I bet you will have a blast this season. Thats about as good as it gets. See ya on the flip side my friend!!

Hope you have a great kill season on your young dog

Glouster, Ohio 45732
Home To:
Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Queen
Nt.Ch Raw Dawg Rowdy
PR Tree Banging Buddy

Old Post 09-23-2014 02:43 AM
Rocketman55
UKC Forum Member

BTT

Glouster, Ohio 45732
Home To:
Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Queen
Nt.Ch Raw Dawg Rowdy
PR Tree Banging Buddy

Old Post 10-07-2014 02:12 AM
shelbabiggs
UKC Forum Member

I'LL BET YOUR IN THE WOODS FIRST NIGHT OF SEASON TAKE CARE OF THAT KNEE OL BUDDY FRANK
SHELBY'S MOONSHINE SNOWBALL
SHELBY'S DIAL EM UP DIXIE
SHELBY'S WILD RAMBO

Old Post 10-07-2014 02:38 AM
Rocketman55
UKC Forum Member

LOL Thanks Frank for the vote of confidence. I sure hope you are right. That Ole knee is coming along, but it sure seems like a slow process on the cool damp nights.

Your pups to of Doug's LE dog are looking good. Looks like your going to have a blast this season with them.

Good Hunting my friend!!!

Glouster, Ohio 45732
Home To:
Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Queen
Nt.Ch Raw Dawg Rowdy
PR Tree Banging Buddy

Old Post 10-08-2014 04:10 AM
shelbabiggs
UKC Forum Member

PUPS ARE PRETTY NICE TREE THEIR OWN COON LITTLE FEMALE I THINK IS GONNA BE THE ONE HARD 2 HUNT 2 PUPS WENT FROM DROUGHT 2 RAIN WIND LAST 3 NIGHTS SHOULD BE HUNTING NOW CAN'T SEE 30 FT IN THE FOG
BE CAREFUL WITH THAT KNEE YOU DON'T NEED ANY SETBACKS FRANK

Old Post 10-08-2014 06:19 AM
bloody creek
UKC Forum Member

Dave, I hope the knee is improving for you.. Hunting season is here... I think we need to start a thread for Hall Of Fame knee replacements, you and Wilcox can be the first inductees. What do you think...Ha. Good Luck with the recovery.

Old Post 10-08-2014 12:12 PM
bloody creek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bloody creek Click here to Send bloody creek a Private Message Click Here to Email bloody creek Find more posts by bloody creek Add bloody creek to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rocketman55
UKC Forum Member

Hello Travis, Thanks for the shout my friend, Larry should certainly be a candidate for the Wounded Knee Hall of Fame but not sure I belong there, LOL. Maybe I could get honorable mention or something like that though Ha! Ha!

Hope You have a great hunting season. We still have a month to go before ours come in so I just might make some easy trees!!

Again Thanks for the shout, talk to you a little later on!!

Glouster, Ohio 45732
Home To:
Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Queen
Nt.Ch Raw Dawg Rowdy
PR Tree Banging Buddy

Old Post 10-09-2014 02:33 AM
Rocketman55
UKC Forum Member

Hunting

Well I got to go to my first UKC hunt since English Days. My Nephew picked me up and took me with him.

We drew a nice fella, I cannot remember his name but I drew him earlier this past spring as well at one of our local hunts. This guy told me his little walker female placed ay Autumn Oaks, in the Nt. Ch division. She won our cast Friday night by getting one by herself and a piece of another. She did a nice job

Anyway the wind was blowing so hard I didn't hear much dog work but had a great time.

I hope to post a pic of my new prospect in the next couple days. I cannot wait for him to get big enough.

If I can help anybody in any way please feel free to give me a shout. Good Hunting to all!!

Glouster, Ohio 45732
Home To:
Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Queen
Nt.Ch Raw Dawg Rowdy
PR Tree Banging Buddy

Old Post 10-21-2014 04:33 AM