UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Blueticks: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Lake Huron Blueticks
Pages (18): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Jim Bartley
UKC Forum Member

That sounds like Thorton, but I won't say more... LOL...

Blueticks bred to run to catch and catch what they run!

"Believe in your greatness, honor your greatness, for the sake of ourselves and our children," Howard Glasser

“We are the free and unconquerable people of the United
States of America” - Eleanor Roosevelt, 12/7/1941

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-12-2012 04:35 PM
Jim Bartley is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jim Bartley Click here to Send Jim Bartley a Private Message Click Here to Email Jim Bartley Find more posts by Jim Bartley Add Jim Bartley to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
trackntreeman
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Jim Bartley
That sounds like Thorton, but I won't say more... LOL...
hahahaha , i seen your post and hes metioned your name so i had to pick on em .... great looking hounds good luck !!!!

@ Stud , 5 Gen . All Grand ,
Nite Ch Track Driver " Tank "
( 3 wins to GrNtCh )

Nite Ch Ch Bell Mtn. Megan
(2012 UKC WV Gov. Cup Champ)

Our Past Titled Hounds :

Gr Nite Ch Cord's Lil Rattler
Nite Ch Stylish Black Jack
Nite Ch Ch Wabash River Snap
Nite Ch Skipper's Stylish Hanna

Sponsered By :
Hillbilly Deluxe Dog Box's
(828) 925-4071
Eisenhut Dog Supply
(304) 984-1430
Mountainside gps/telemetry
Collar sales/repair
(540) 679-9628

(304) 549-1767 , Andy Rectenwald

Old Post 01-12-2012 10:38 PM
trackntreeman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for trackntreeman Click here to Send trackntreeman a Private Message Click Here to Email trackntreeman Find more posts by trackntreeman Add trackntreeman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curs12
UKC Forum Member

I remember reading an articule on vaugns blue tom in fullcry years ago its nice to see him in a pedigree

Old Post 01-13-2012 12:17 AM
curs12 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curs12 Click here to Send curs12 a Private Message Click Here to Email curs12 Find more posts by curs12 Add curs12 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jim Bartley
UKC Forum Member

I probably wrote the article on ol' Tom. He was a good one.

"Believe in your greatness, honor your greatness, for the sake of ourselves and our children," Howard Glasser

Old Post 01-13-2012 03:33 AM
Jim Bartley is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jim Bartley Click here to Send Jim Bartley a Private Message Click Here to Email Jim Bartley Find more posts by Jim Bartley Add Jim Bartley to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ranchhand
UKC Forum Member

Pups are here

Hey Jim, my pups came sunday only three pups. Two boys and a girl all are healthy and for a first time momma, she acts like a pro.

Old Post 01-13-2012 03:57 AM
ranchhand is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ranchhand Click here to Send ranchhand a Private Message Click Here to Email ranchhand Find more posts by ranchhand Add ranchhand to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jim Bartley
UKC Forum Member

Hey Jerry - Good to hear from you. I've had 3 pup litters before. Those Ormiston gyps should throw bigger litters, but she should do alright with them. Keep in touch!

Old Post 01-13-2012 05:20 AM
Jim Bartley
UKC Forum Member

Crow is coming home tomorrow. She was knotted plenty of times with Slew, so she should be full of pups. It's like an old friend used to say, "We screwed the dog all winter, now we have to sell the pups come spring." He didn't say that with breeding dogs in mind, but in this case, it's true. Brook is now in heat, but I'll wait on breeding her until later. I just wish Gertie was in heat, as she would be on her way north tomorrow to see Slew. Thanks to Mike and Amanda for all their help and hospitality... they are good friends to have!

Last edited by Jim Bartley on 02-08-2014 at 01:46 AM

Old Post 01-16-2012 02:03 AM
Scot Crandall
UKC Forum Member

pups

Good deal Jim, looking forward to them!!

Old Post 01-16-2012 02:49 PM
Scot Crandall is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Scot Crandall Click here to Send Scot Crandall a Private Message Find more posts by Scot Crandall Add Scot Crandall to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jim Bartley
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Scot! Here are a couple photos from today's round trip to the Island (736 miles round trip).

Mike Fairchld with Slew Foot. Slew was looking back at the stud pen to see if I brought him another girlfriend. Two weeks of breeding and he's still ready to go!

Crow sleeping on the way home. Slew Foot sure tires these gyps out! And to think Crow and Molly only spent a week each up on the Island with Slew! And he's still ready to go!!!!

Thanks Mike and Amanda!!! And the 2 Seedlings also!!!

Old Post 01-17-2012 02:48 AM
travelman01
UKC Forum Member

dogs

jim are there any littermates of trip or ben that can be bought

Old Post 01-17-2012 10:16 PM
travelman01 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for travelman01 Click here to Send travelman01 a Private Message Click Here to Email travelman01 Find more posts by travelman01 Add travelman01 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jim Bartley
UKC Forum Member

There's one that's a littermate to Ben. He's a tracking fool, but not a tree dog. He treed 2 splits last spring in heavy flooded creeks, but hasn't treed a coon since, only runs and runs and runs. Might switch him over to coyote and bear. He needs to be broke off deer at this time.

Old Post 01-18-2012 12:07 AM
travelman01
UKC Forum Member

dog

shucks thought i had a stud dog coming to tn.

Old Post 01-18-2012 01:59 AM
travelman01 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for travelman01 Click here to Send travelman01 a Private Message Click Here to Email travelman01 Find more posts by travelman01 Add travelman01 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jim Bartley
UKC Forum Member

Topper is an enigma for sure. I offered the boys the choice of two pups, and they choose Topper against my advice. The other pup was Ben. Go figure... If we get him switched over, he'll make a good bear hound as he has all the traits Ben does, except for treeing coon, but then Ben hasn't treed a coon in nearly 2 year either, but he isn't out to be a coon dog, just a game getting coyote and bear hound.

Old Post 01-18-2012 05:13 AM
jvaught
Banned

Re: Lake Huron Blueticks

quote:
Originally posted by Jim Bartley
As we stand on the cusp of a new year, a cross I've been waiting to see made the past 4 months might be coming soon. Karl Stacer's great start dog Molly is in heat and will be heading to Drummong Island this weekend for a date with Mike Fairchild's Slew Foot. Molly is a great cold nosed start dog on bear and coyotes. As a pup, she was a great tree dog on coon. Molly is off my old Nite Ch. Lake Huron Ormiston's Poorboy (Buzz Anderson's Buzz' Blue Buck x Gr. Nt. Ch. Ormiston's Texas Sheba) crossed on Lake Huron Scout (Joe Searles' Salamonie Blue Sam x Heff's Blue Yonder). This is a cross deep in the blood of Smokey River Diamond Jim and old Vaughn blood; all of which traces back to great cross Ed Meeks made back in the 1950s on his Warrior to Joe B. Redden's Fly, both hounds coming from Elbert Vaughn's Bluetick Farm. Molly on Slew Foot will be a great cross for anyone hunting big game or coon.

Here are some photos of old hounds I loved and hunted with in the past:

My old Nt. Ch. Lake Huron Ormiston's Poorboy

Heff's Blue Yonder (Rothwell's Blue Tom x Rothwell's Blue Misty). I owned her as Lake Huron Blue Yonder and sold her to Don Hoefferle in Wisconsin

Guy Ormiston helping old Sheba with feeding her newborn pups circa early January 1996. This is Poorboy's litter.

Sheba sure has that Hammer III. dog looks going on doesn't she...

Old Post 01-18-2012 10:56 AM
jvaught is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jvaught Click here to Send jvaught a Private Message Click Here to Email jvaught Find more posts by jvaught Add jvaught to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
travelman01
UKC Forum Member

topper

is topper built like the ben dog is how is he colored up

Old Post 01-19-2012 12:29 AM
Jim Bartley
UKC Forum Member

Topper is built like Ben, lighter in color some, not much. Yes Sheba looks like all those old hounds heavy in the old Vaughn blood doesn't she? Just like the early Hammer hounds did that were heavy Vaughn bred. That's when they were the best the old timers around southern Michigan used to tell me.

Last edited by Jim Bartley on 01-20-2012 at 04:26 PM

Old Post 01-19-2012 03:56 AM
Scot Crandall
UKC Forum Member

pm for ya Jim

Old Post 01-20-2012 02:36 AM
Scot Crandall is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Scot Crandall Click here to Send Scot Crandall a Private Message Find more posts by Scot Crandall Add Scot Crandall to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Scot Crandall
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Jim, I wont forget it. Bye the way how is old Rothwell.

Old Post 01-20-2012 01:45 PM
Jim Bartley
UKC Forum Member

Pat's not too well. He's been in a nursing home facility in Deckerville for nearly 3 years now. He has dementia and although I haven't been in to see him recently, I get word from his family that he is getting worse over time. His son lives in North Carolina now. Pat sold the hounds years ago to Jim Stigers in Ill., at least that what I was told.

Old Post 01-20-2012 04:25 PM
Scot Crandall
UKC Forum Member

Man I hate to see that old legend go, everytime I think of old Storm I think of him. Well I hope old Slew and crow can give me one that can replace that old dog, its a tall order but I think you may just have it Jim.

Old Post 01-20-2012 05:46 PM
bbaird
UKC Forum Member

Jim is the picture of Yonder in your front yard if so I may come up for A summer visit (2 or 3 months) if you have plenty of hunting areas

Old Post 01-21-2012 04:12 AM
bbaird is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bbaird Click here to Send bbaird a Private Message Find more posts by bbaird Add bbaird to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jim Bartley
UKC Forum Member

No Bill, that's at a road side park we call 4 mile. It's near were I grew up and I used to hunt the creek a 1/2 mile south of there until there was a family fight and I lost it. I do hunt close to the Lake, but not right on it anymore.

Come on up. It's a lot nicer up here in July and August then it is in Oklahoma, I know that for sure!

PS: Have you got me a photo of Mr. Charles pup yet?

Old Post 01-21-2012 04:22 AM
iamlegend
Banned

Fish bitin at Lake Huron? Tryin to plan a nice family vacation.

Old Post 01-21-2012 06:30 AM
iamlegend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for iamlegend Click here to Send iamlegend a Private Message Find more posts by iamlegend Add iamlegend to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
travelman01
UKC Forum Member

dog

jim what are you going to breed to kidd

Old Post 01-21-2012 11:22 PM
Jim Bartley
UKC Forum Member

iamlegend: I haven't fished out on the Lake for nearly 20 years. I do know the Salamon stocks are way, way down. They still take Lakers and Browns, as well as Steelies all depending on the time of year. Perch are hit and miss. Walleye seem to doing well in most parts of the Lake.

Travelman: Was planning on breeding Gertie to Kid, but it'll all depend on getting rid of these Slew x Crow pups. Matt's taking some of my potential customer... LOL.

Old Post 01-22-2012 05:42 PM