UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Off Topic > What the he!! is going on...
Pages (6): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
pigsit
UKC Forum Member

Re: inconvenience

quote:
Originally posted by Mark A Warnecke
The loss of millions of jobs is temporary layoffs due to lack of components from overseas and spreading the virus, yea the dow s--ks for most of us the past couple weeks, hunts are cancelled, bars, resturants ,and schools closed and I still have 1 sock to wipe with if needed. The bright side for this father of 4 teenagers is there's no hustle and bustle with the kids going from sporting events dance clas s and work, they can actually be kids at home and enjoy their siblings which on NORMAL days is very limited. It could be better but it could be a he-- of alot worse! I hope our political parties can come together as one party AMERICAN instead of US and THEM and do whatever it takes to get the nation through this. Tonight the boys and I are gonna walk across the field and cut ole Buck loose.....NO scorecard! MAW
Great post, thanks for sharing, sometimes we forget we're Americans and need to share to get through this.

Dual GRNTCH Wendy
GRNTCH Cola
GrNtCH Honky Tonk Rock and Roll
Dual GRCH Bumper
Dual CH June
Dual CH Jill

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-23-2020 06:37 PM
pigsit is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pigsit Click here to Send pigsit a Private Message Click Here to Email pigsit Find more posts by pigsit Add pigsit to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

The death rate from Covid 19 in the USA is now 1.3%. I thought that the "experts" were saying that it would be 5%? I wonder what happened? Maybe they were just trying to scare us into staying home.
1.3% of 1 million people is 13,000 people. Now that is a terrible number of deaths but didn't the flu kill 14,000 people last year.

Last edited by Richard Lambert on 03-23-2020 at 08:34 PM

Old Post 03-23-2020 08:28 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sleepy head
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
The death rate from Covid 19 in the USA is now 1.3%. I thought that the "experts" were saying that it would be 5%? I wonder what happened? Maybe they were just trying to scare us into staying home.
1.3% of 1 million people is 13,000 people. Now that is a terrible number of deaths but didn't the flu kill 14,000 people last year.

You should of added that for the flu to kill that many people it took 35 to 60 million people catching it. At 1.3 percent, 60 percent of Americans getting the Wahun virus would mean 2,700,000 dead. Hope like hell that doesn't

Old Post 03-23-2020 09:42 PM
sleepy head is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sleepy head Click here to Send sleepy head a Private Message Find more posts by sleepy head Add sleepy head to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Trueblood85
UKC Forum Member

quote:

I hope your joking and I feel like you got to be. Comparing last year's deaths to the deaths in a month seems like a foolish comparison. Then considering the amount of people that didn't get or spread it because they "scared" us, makes these remarks even more absurd.
Hopefully you were just messing around and picking at the senseless spring breakers mentality but sadly some actually feel that way. Probably feel a little different when they accidentally spread it to their grandparents though.

Old Post 03-23-2020 10:25 PM
Trueblood85 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Trueblood85 Click here to Send Trueblood85 a Private Message Find more posts by Trueblood85 Add Trueblood85 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

I know that it is getting serious now. Our Mayor just closed all of the massage parlors and tattoo shops.
Since the government has closed all of the schools but kept the liquor stores open, I guess that getting drunk is essential but getting an education is not.

Old Post 03-23-2020 11:35 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

quote:
I know that it is getting serious now. Our Mayor just closed all of the massage parlors and tattoo shops.
Since the government has closed all of the schools but kept the liquor stores open, I guess that getting drunk is essential but getting an education is not.

Or maybe, protecting children is more important than protecting drunks.

Old Post 03-24-2020 12:13 AM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Joseph L.
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by shadinc
Or maybe, protecting children is more important than protecting drunks.

Bingo!

Joe levan

Old Post 03-24-2020 01:54 AM
Joseph L. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Joseph L. Click here to Send Joseph L. a Private Message Click Here to Email Joseph L. Find more posts by Joseph L. Add Joseph L. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rick St.Clair
UKC Forum Member

Irregardless what's going on, for sure the responses on this post has proven you can't stop ignorant people!!

Old Post 03-24-2020 04:01 AM
Rick St.Clair is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rick St.Clair Click here to Send Rick St.Clair a Private Message Click Here to Email Rick St.Clair Find more posts by Rick St.Clair Add Rick St.Clair to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
breezyoaks
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Rick St.Clair
Irregardless what's going on, for sure the responses on this post has proven you can't stop ignorant people!!

U hit the nail on the head !

Patrick Barrett

Old Post 03-24-2020 04:11 AM
breezyoaks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for breezyoaks Click here to Send breezyoaks a Private Message Click Here to Email breezyoaks Find more posts by breezyoaks Add breezyoaks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Only 1 child under 15 has died from Covid 19 in the whole world.

Old Post 03-24-2020 02:14 PM
larry geesling
UKC Forum Member

10-4 on the ignorant people.mr Conkey great response never met you but always heard good things about you and your post is what I would expect. been hunting for over 50 years and never been a shame of being called a coon hunter until I have read some of these post that's on this thread.

Old Post 03-24-2020 08:01 PM
larry geesling is offline Click Here to See the Profile for larry geesling Click here to Send larry geesling a Private Message Click Here to Email larry geesling Find more posts by larry geesling Add larry geesling to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
larry geesling
UKC Forum Member

10-4 on the ignorant people.mr Conkey great response never met you but always heard good things about you and your post is what I would expect. been hunting for over 50 years and never been a shame of being called a coon hunter until I have read some of these post that's on this thread.

Old Post 03-24-2020 08:01 PM
larry geesling is offline Click Here to See the Profile for larry geesling Click here to Send larry geesling a Private Message Click Here to Email larry geesling Find more posts by larry geesling Add larry geesling to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J Gearing
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Only 1 child under 15 has died from Covid 19 in the whole world.

We all need to listen more. But sir you definitely need to speak less.

Old Post 03-24-2020 10:45 PM
J Gearing is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J Gearing Click here to Send J Gearing a Private Message Click Here to Email J Gearing Find more posts by J Gearing Add J Gearing to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mark V.
UKC Forum Member

I am sure not on the side of Government control. But I do feel we are facing something that we have never experienced in anyones lifetime. I think instead of flexing our muscle and throwing caution to the wind. It is time to be smart, plan for the care of your family and have compassion for others. A lot of people are scared, confused and just not sure of the future. I don't think any young person or anyone out there wants to be the person that shows they don't care and then bring the virus home to their family or friends. Then have half of them die. Just because we think someone wants to control us, and we are going to show them. They do want to control us, but because to many don't act rational. Watch the numbers of infected and the numbers dying. The are increasing at alarming rates. Everyone should do what they are comfortable with. No one should make another feel guilty for being over cautious and protecting their families.
Next Sunday we will see what the numbers are. I feel they will be staggering. I also feel the financial collapse of our country we are witnessing will be something to remember for many lifetimes. The only thing that can bring stability to this is a vaccine for partial prevention along with medicine to help people live through it. That is the bottom line of what our government is trying to do. Slow down the spread until those things are found.
On a coon hunting note. Next Sunday night our Club reopens the running of dogs that has been closed because of Spring Gobbler Season. I think a few Coon Hunts is the medicine I need right now to clear my mind. It has worked for me for over 50 years. It should work for me now. God Bless

__________________AMEN !!!!

Old Post 03-27-2020 11:31 AM
Mark V. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mark V. Click here to Send Mark V. a Private Message Click Here to Email Mark V. Find more posts by Mark V. Add Mark V. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Re: .

quote:
Originally posted by Bruce m. Conkey
I am sure not on the side of Government control. But I do feel we are facing something that we have never experienced in anyones lifetime. I think instead of flexing our muscle and throwing caution to the wind. It is time to be smart, plan for the care of your family and have compassion for others. A lot of people are scared, confused and just not sure of the future. I don't think any young person or anyone out there wants to be the person that shows they don't care and then bring the virus home to their family or friends. Then have half of them die. Just because we think someone wants to control us, and we are going to show them. They do want to control us, but because to many don't act rational. Watch the numbers of infected and the numbers dying. The are increasing at alarming rates. Everyone should do what they are comfortable with. No one should make another feel guilty for being over cautious and protecting their families.
Next Sunday we will see what the numbers are. I feel they will be staggering. I also feel the financial collapse of our country we are witnessing will be something to remember for many lifetimes. The only thing that can bring stability to this is a vaccine for partial prevention along with medicine to help people live through it. That is the bottom line of what our government is trying to do. Slow down the spread until those things are found.
On a coon hunting note. Next Sunday night our Club reopens the running of dogs that has been closed because of Spring Gobbler Season. I think a few Coon Hunts is the medicine I need right now to clear my mind. It has worked for me for over 50 years. It should work for me now. God Bless

Great Post/Reply Bruce....!!!
Almost a year later and no end in sight other than hopes that these Vaccines will work & slow the spread.
Who would have thought that this could even happen. I sure miss the Normal days we were used to.
Tim

Quality, Dependable Coon Lights--Built by a Coonhunter for Coonhunters
==================================
** Superior Lights

** Sunspot Hunting Lights

** Zepp's--Quality Products

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

** They Twist it until they start believing it themselves**

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Competition Coonhunters and Politicians
** Win anyway you have to & tell everyone what they want to hear **

Old Post 01-24-2021 02:56 PM
Triple K Kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Triple K Kennel Click here to Send Triple K Kennel a Private Message Find more posts by Triple K Kennel Add Triple K Kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tripple river
UKC Forum Member

The corona is real but overplayed. Someone close to me has been involved with several corona deaths and they tell me had it been the flu or anything else only 1 in 5 would have been called a flu death. 1 person had been tested for corona 4 times and was always negative; still called a corona death. Doctors want it to be labeled COVID.its a lot easier for all of us to be on the same page if we could trust the information we get from media.I still believe the Kung flu is real and dangerous but mostly for people that are immunocompromised.

Old Post 01-24-2021 10:17 PM
tripple river is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tripple river Click here to Send tripple river a Private Message Click Here to Email tripple river Find more posts by tripple river Add tripple river to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kler Kry
UKC Forum Member

Food For Thought

Goggle; U S Death Rate 1950-2021 YTD
2021 Deaths 8977 Growth Rate 1.090%
2020 Deaths 8880 1.120%
2019 Deaths 8782 1.120%

Old Post 01-25-2021 12:01 AM
Kler Kry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kler Kry Click here to Send Kler Kry a Private Message Click Here to Email Kler Kry Find more posts by Kler Kry Add Kler Kry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Covid

My hunting partner caught Covid around Thanksgiving and is lucky to be alive today. He had to be hospitalized several times and is just now able to eat without getting sick. He is still to weak to do anything and can barely walk to his mailbox and back to the house. DO NOT ever think Covid is NOT a serious disease. Dave

Old Post 01-25-2021 02:04 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Re: Covid

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Richards
My hunting partner caught Covid around Thanksgiving and is lucky to be alive today. He had to be hospitalized several times and is just now able to eat without getting sick. He is still to weak to do anything and can barely walk to his mailbox and back to the house. DO NOT ever think Covid is NOT a serious disease. Dave

You are Correct Dave......Very Serious.
My Brother-in-law in Illinois got it over 3 weeks ago and he is still in the Hospital. He starts Therapy tomorrow and might get home in a week. He is only in his early 50's and was healthy as could be.
Anyone that thinks its not real or a Serious Illness needs their head checked for a another type of Illness......😉
Tim

** Superior Lights

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

Old Post 01-25-2021 02:09 AM
Triple K Kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Triple K Kennel Click here to Send Triple K Kennel a Private Message Find more posts by Triple K Kennel Add Triple K Kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

COVID is real...I have seen people die who weren’t immune compromised...

I have a brother-in-law in the hospital right now who’s grandson brought it to home from school...

I also have another brother-in-law who tested positive 3 times without having any symptoms...

From what I have seen there are better treatments and there are folks who have recovered from COVID who are now donating their plasma and this seems to help recovery with those that are in the hospital fighting the Covid...

I mentioned before Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years holidays that there would be a jump up in COVID infections due to the holiday get togethers which creates the opportunity for a higher than usual infection rate and something we must consider is the exponential growth due to the high numbers of infection...which adds to exponential growth...

In May of 2020 we were averaging 25,000 new Covid cases daily...This December and January we have averaged as low as 100,000 and as high as 300,000 Covid infections but the average appears to be over 225,000...the trend is coming down...in the last 10 days it has dropped from 300,000 to 186,000...I don’t call that coming out of the woods by a long shot...it could jump up quickly if we get relaxed...

Right now we are in a bad place...the snow ball started out small and is now pretty large and the decline could get steeper and it won’t take much to gain speed...it all depends on what we do...

Just because the trend turned down a little is not a good reason to ease up...just look at the average base numbers of last May and of those from today and it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out that going back to normal with today’s daily infection rate that it would be disastrous to many and our economy...the death rate will go up because many wouldn’t be treated because there wouldn’t be enough medical staff to care for everyone because the numbers would sky rocket needing medical treatment...

It is a double edged sword...we will probably go into a recession like we haven’t seen in a long while...which includes many more businesses going bankrupt and many more losing jobs...

Last edited by Reuben on 01-26-2021 at 01:22 AM

Old Post 01-25-2021 02:43 AM
Reuben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reuben Click here to Send Reuben a Private Message Click Here to Email Reuben Find more posts by Reuben Add Reuben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
breezyoaks
UKC Forum Member

Reuben

Joe Biden will bring on the recession all by himself....covid or no covid. !
Covid is real, I agree.....but the numbers can't be when ya have a proven fact that the PCR test has up to 70 percent false positives.
Although there is no question that the virus is very serious in some people.

God bless america

Patrick Barrett

Last edited by breezyoaks on 01-25-2021 at 04:03 AM

Old Post 01-25-2021 04:00 AM
breezyoaks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for breezyoaks Click here to Send breezyoaks a Private Message Click Here to Email breezyoaks Find more posts by breezyoaks Add breezyoaks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lonster
New UKC Forum Member

COVID is real, I’m sitting here with it as I type this. I’m 52 and in good physical condition. I had a headache for a day, coughed for a day and for the past 6 days have absolutely no sense of smell or taste. Hopefully I’m almost over it.

My brother, 49 years-old and in good physical condition had it 3 weeks ago. He ran a high fever, head aches, coughing, loss of smell/taste and ended up with pneumonia and was almost hospitalized.

A friend of mine, my age, had it back in April or May, almost died.

It certainly affects each person differently AND once you have it you can get it again after three months!

I’m afraid that we may never see “normal” again. The plexiglass barriers will never come down.

Old Post 01-26-2021 05:37 AM
Lonster is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lonster Click here to Send Lonster a Private Message Click Here to Email Lonster Find more posts by Lonster Add Lonster to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jay Chadwick
UKC Forum Member

I've had hangovers worse than the rona....just sayin

Old Post 01-27-2021 05:12 AM
Jay Chadwick is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jay Chadwick Click here to Send Jay Chadwick a Private Message Click Here to Email Jay Chadwick Find more posts by Jay Chadwick Add Jay Chadwick to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Jay Chadwick
I've had hangovers worse than the rona....just sayin

Bullcrap, If you have actually had Covid and got over it that easy, consider yourself extremely lucky. Just do not imply that others will be as fortunate as you were. Tell that story to ALL of the families that have lost loved one's to this awful disease. Follow that up by telling ALL of the other victims that have suffered severe side effects such as strokes, etc. that its nothing more than a hangover. Count your blessings, but take this issue for what it actually is and that for some it's fatal, for others it's disabling and for some it's something they get over. Dave

Old Post 01-27-2021 05:52 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Covid....

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Richards
Bullcrap, If you have actually had Covid and got over it that easy, consider yourself extremely lucky. Just do not imply that others will be as fortunate as you were. Tell that story to ALL of the families that have lost loved one's to this awful disease. Follow that up by telling ALL of the other victims that have suffered severe side effects such as strokes, etc. that its nothing more than a hangover. Count your blessings, but take this issue for what it actually is and that for some it's fatal, for others it's disabling and for some it's something they get over. Dave

I agree totally Dave.
I know of some people that have had it with almost No Symptoms. Then there are others that have been Hospitalized & on Ventilator or even died with it.
Goes to show how people think, or should I say Dont Think....🙄
Its a Very Serious Virus.
Tim

** Superior Lights

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

Old Post 01-27-2021 06:22 PM