UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Heard it But Didn't See It -Dog Fight
Judge hears an obvious dog fight but didn't see who started it. Which one applies?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Nothing can be done if the judge did not see the actual fight. 27 12.80%
Nothing can be done if the judge doesn't see who started the fight. 5 2.37%
The judge must, in some reasonable manner, decide who the aggressor is and scratch and report that dog. 6 2.84%
Scratch and report both dogs for fighting. 169 80.09%
Automatic cast vote determines how to score the situation. 4 1.90%
Total: 211 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Allen / UKC
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
Allen just for clarification does or does not the hunting judge still have the authority to go into a tree with his light out to catch a polished aggressor ( light broke ) at the tree.

Tar

It's the non-hunting judge that would have the authority to go in to the tree alone with his light out.

A hunting judge may go in as well, but he would need to take all handlers with him. Otherwise, it probably wouldn't work very well for obvious reasons.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-29-2018 04:45 PM
Allen / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Allen / UKC Click here to Send Allen / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Allen / UKC Find more posts by Allen / UKC Add Allen / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

That means that you take the whole bunch in they talk really loud , kick and rattle every bush old ouchy is an angel I just come from a time non hunting or hunting judges kept control of the cast. We have to be politicly correct now.

Tar

Old Post 06-29-2018 04:56 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Allen / UKC
Administrator

quote:
That means that you take the whole bunch in they talk really loud , kick and rattle every bush old ouchy is an angel I just come from a time non hunting or hunting judges kept control of the cast. We have to be politicly correct now.

Tar

I don't think UKC's position on this has changed any in the past couple decades.

Now I know what politically correct means. lol.

Old Post 06-29-2018 05:00 PM
Allen / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Allen / UKC Click here to Send Allen / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Allen / UKC Find more posts by Allen / UKC Add Allen / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Well if we were having enough problems on a cast that I was judging and I had to go into that tree by myself and I told them to take ole grouchy to the truck they never argued with me you see they already knew what I told them it was no surprise.

Tar

Old Post 06-29-2018 05:07 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Allen / UKC
Administrator

quote:
Well if we were having enough problems on a cast that I was judging and I had to go into that tree by myself and I told them to take ole grouchy to the truck they never argued with me you see they already knew what I told them it was no surprise.

Tar

That probably works great until the rest of the cast votes to overturn your call and that is added into the matter.

Old Post 06-29-2018 05:11 PM
yadkintar
Banned

They never did because I am as mean as Richard lambert 😡

Tar

Old Post 06-29-2018 05:16 PM
Allen / UKC
Administrator

quote:
They never did because I am as mean as Richard lambert 😡

Tar

Lambert looks it but he's about as mean as a wiggle worm. You must have never drawn him any of those times when you ran in with your light out cause he would be sure to question it. Then again, it's just in his nature to ask questions. lol.

Old Post 06-29-2018 05:34 PM
joey
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Allen / UKC
You're thinking is spot on. You need to somehow eliminate C from possibly being involved. If you can't, then you're left with not knowing who was, or could have been, involved.

Thanks I just wanted that clarified. From past experience people that read that will think that they can scratch the dogs without knowing where the other dogs are because they read it on the UKC board. Thats why my first comment was we needed more info before we could answer the question. Like Richard said he had a MOH up hold scratching all the dogs because they heard a dog fight. I do not want people thinking that is OK.

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Old Post 06-29-2018 05:36 PM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Bossman back in the day it usually wasn't a one dog fight and it was on like donkey kong and it took more than me to get them apart lol. Richard is classically trained you didn't know that lol.

But he's my buddy.

Tar

Old Post 06-29-2018 05:44 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

I guess that needs to be expained to all MOH's. But I am going to really be dangerous now that I know that MOH doesn't matter because I can ask for a panel anytime I don't like his ruling. And I now know that you aren't supposed to scratch any dogs for fighting whenever there might be more than 2 dogs anywhere near the tree.

Old Post 06-29-2018 05:59 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dogwhisper
UKC Forum Member

"According to UKC's position, face barking would definitely be a form of aggression and satisfy the first criteria. As for clearly interfering with each other as you noted; the intent of the rule does not support your logic. Instead, the face-barker is largely subjected to how any other dog reacts to it. If that other dog has no issue with treeing or is not bothered much by it, then by rule the dog is not being interfered with. If it does keep the other dog from treeing then criteria #2 has also been met and the face-barker would be scratched for fighting.".. ..

Sooooooooooo two dogs squared off at a tree face barking each other doesn't constitute "interfering with each other" ?
I'm not talking about another dog being face bark at , and not being bothered by the face barker to me that's a no brainer ,but 2 dogs squared off or shoulder/shoulder face barking each other at the tree .

Old Post 06-29-2018 06:09 PM
Dogwhisper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dogwhisper Click here to Send Dogwhisper a Private Message Find more posts by Dogwhisper Add Dogwhisper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kenneth Tavares
Banned

I disagree with this rule for several reasons. I feel UKC should revisit this rule.

1. I was hunting with my own dogs years ago. They had never fought before, I ran in there prepared to join the fight with my dog leash. Well, they were treeing like angels when I got there. 30 seconds later coyotes started yapping all around the tree. I would say they came in to the tree and that was the fight.

2. I’ve heard fights ran in and the dogs had a coon.

3. I have heard of several times where yard dogs came into a tree.

Yes, these are what if scenarios. But, innocent until proven guilty. If we are gonna start scoring on sound I heard that coon growling we should plus this tree. Oh wait, I hear my dog treeing that coon must be there we gotta plus it!

1/24/02---5/21/12
Manning, South Carolina
Ph. 803-840-2013
If you text this number you won’t get a response unless you include your name.

💰💰Click blue link to check us out on Facebook💰💰
👉🏼 Tavares' First Class Black & Tans 👈🏼

Tone it down guys, or they will delete another good topic...

Old Post 06-29-2018 06:21 PM
Kenneth Tavares is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kenneth Tavares Click here to Send Kenneth Tavares a Private Message Click Here to Email Kenneth Tavares Find more posts by Kenneth Tavares Add Kenneth Tavares to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lance Laymon
UKC Forum Member

I agree with Kenneth. I was on a cast one night. The dogs get treed. We are slowly walking in when the judge yells out there is a dog fight. He takes off running into the tree. When the rest of the cast gets there no dogs are fighting and I never heard the dogs make any noise that sounded like a fight to me. The judge wants to scratch the dogs at the tree. I can see where this would be a good opportunity for a judge and his buddy to scratch some other people in a cast.

Old Post 06-29-2018 06:47 PM
Lance Laymon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lance Laymon Click here to Send Lance Laymon a Private Message Find more posts by Lance Laymon Add Lance Laymon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Allen / UKC
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by Lance Laymon
I can see where this would be a good opportunity for a judge and his buddy to scratch some other people in a cast.

If that's the case is it a rules problem or a people problem? If you can't judge a cast based on the honor system and do so unbiased, using common sense, and good judgment, then leave that job to those who will.

Bottom line is; we can debate this and that for years, as it has already been done for years, and keep coming up with things and still never have perfect rules.

We can only control ourselves and that's a good place to start.

Old Post 06-29-2018 09:33 PM
Allen / UKC
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by Dogwhisper
"According to UKC's position, face barking would definitely be a form of aggression and satisfy the first criteria. As for clearly interfering with each other as you noted; the intent of the rule does not support your logic. Instead, the face-barker is largely subjected to how any other dog reacts to it. If that other dog has no issue with treeing or is not bothered much by it, then by rule the dog is not being interfered with. If it does keep the other dog from treeing then criteria #2 has also been met and the face-barker would be scratched for fighting.".. ..

Sooooooooooo two dogs squared off at a tree face barking each other doesn't constitute "interfering with each other" ?
I'm not talking about another dog being face bark at , and not being bothered by the face barker to me that's a no brainer ,but 2 dogs squared off or shoulder/shoulder face barking each other at the tree .

Not how I understand the rule and taught per UKC's definition of interfering.

Old Post 06-29-2018 09:41 PM
Dogwhisper
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Allen .

Old Post 06-29-2018 10:36 PM
Dogwhisper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dogwhisper Click here to Send Dogwhisper a Private Message Find more posts by Dogwhisper Add Dogwhisper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bowling41762
UKC Forum Member

Number 1 u can’t scratch a dog for fighting or agressive behavior unless you see it. If you could half of these guys Judging would be trying to scratch dogs anytime they through a different sounding bark.
Now here’s my opinion on this and I know a bunch of you old school guys are going to think I’m crazy but any serious hunter will agree. The dog that starts the fight is the dog that covered. If your dog trees and mine goes over there wanting to join in he started it plain and simple. If he would have found his own tree there would not have been a fight. So no matter who was the actual aggressor at the tree the covering dog started it in the first place by going in to the tree. Now that’s just my opinion I know that’s going to hurt the feelings of certain breed owners and some packed up walker dog owners but it’s a fact. If I walk into my neighbors house and start helping myself to his stuff I’m probably going to get hit. Now is my neighbors the aggressor for hitting me or is it me for going over there.

Home of
2011 UKC Ky State Champion
Ntch Bowlings hardwood izzy belle
Pr' Bowlings hickory nut Hannah
Pr' Extreme Smoking Harry

Old Post 07-09-2018 10:53 PM
bowling41762 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bowling41762 Click here to Send bowling41762 a Private Message Click Here to Email bowling41762 Find more posts by bowling41762 Add bowling41762 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by bowling41762
Number 1 u can’t scratch a dog for fighting or agressive behavior unless you see it. If you could half of these guys Judging would be trying to scratch dogs anytime they through a different sounding bark.
Now here’s my opinion on this and I know a bunch of you old school guys are going to think I’m crazy but any serious hunter will agree. The dog that starts the fight is the dog that covered. If your dog trees and mine goes over there wanting to join in he started it plain and simple. If he would have found his own tree there would not have been a fight. So no matter who was the actual aggressor at the tree the covering dog started it in the first place by going in to the tree. Now that’s just my opinion I know that’s going to hurt the feelings of certain breed owners and some packed up walker dog owners but it’s a fact. If I walk into my neighbors house and start helping myself to his stuff I’m probably going to get hit. Now is my neighbors the aggressor for hitting me or is it me for going over there.

I hope you meant this as a joke because I'm laughing at it.

Old Post 07-09-2018 10:58 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sox12
UKC Forum Member

what about when a you go into the tree handling the dogs and the judges dog nails you dog on the top of his head and wont scratch his dog and the other hunter in the cast says he didn't see anything,I know is supposed to be an honor rule but there is no honor in the hunts anymore.

CH Nt. Ch.PR Wandering Red & RR Bucksaw (GRCHGRNTCH Raged Ridge Rip X Grand Nite Raged Ridge Toadie )
GRNTCH.GRCh.PR Steffes' Whizz Bang[GRNTCH Big Walnut BooneXGRNTCH Raged Ridge Toadie]
GRCH.Wandering Red Pepper
GRCH.Wandering Red Honeys Sweety Pie

RIP
GR.NT.CH.GR.CH.PR Steffes wandering Red Tinkerbell {GRCHGRNTCH Raged Ridge RipsawXGRNTCH Ragged Ridge Toadie]

Old Post 07-09-2018 11:44 PM
sox12 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sox12 Click here to Send sox12 a Private Message Click Here to Email sox12 Find more posts by sox12 Add sox12 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wjoey
Banned

There is no such thing as a mean dog so may as well do away with the rule ROFLMAO just kidding but could not resist

UKC PREFORMANCE SIRE Nt ch pkc ch BAM BAM The only one out of WORLD CH BIG D X GRNT SKIPPERS UMFORGIVEN SAIGE she has 21 pups 4nt ch 5 grnt ch thats 42.85%
He is a coon dog!
Nt ch ch Insane Minnie MouseInsane cain x Malden Branch Mouse

HOME OF 2 TIME AQHA HORSE OF THE YEAR
World champion working cow horse snaffle bit
SMART LITTLE LEGEND
ETCHA CHAMPION
HCHA CHAMPION
Top 16 NCHA WORLD Champion
Home of GHSRA All Around Cowboy Champion Chris wilbanks

Jerico Rebel our Movie star horse hes been in three films now 35 years old
Just passed away February 4th 2016

MY OLD DOGS GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN
The one I will allways miss now deceased 01/09/2013
GR CH GRAND NT CH Handosme Trudy
SIRE PKC WLD CH GR NT WHATS UP DOC
DAM GR NT HUTCHINS SUGAR

GRCH GR NT CH COBBLER CREEK WENDY
GR NT STYLISH TUFF - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER
GR NT STYLISH TACK - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER

NT CH SOUTHERN STYLE - JP'S HIGH STYLE X HOUSES LADY

Old Post 07-10-2018 01:47 AM
wjoey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wjoey Click here to Send wjoey a Private Message Find more posts by wjoey Add wjoey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pamjohnson
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by bowling41762

oh i think you are serious but i am glad i dont have to hunt with ya.
that right there is how most feel about there mean junk dogs. IT'S JUSTIFIED

Old Post 07-10-2018 01:53 PM
pamjohnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pamjohnson Click here to Send pamjohnson a Private Message Click Here to Email pamjohnson Find more posts by pamjohnson Add pamjohnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote