UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > How Many Coonhunters That Post On This Forum Have A Facebook Account?
How Many Coonhunters That Post On This Forum Have A Facebook Account?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes, I have a Facebook account in my name 254 54.86%
No, I don't have a Facebook account 209 45.14%
Total: 463 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
kyhunter50
UKC Forum Member

Facebook

Yeah I do there is more dogs and hunters on there than you can shake a stick at,lots of coonhunters and squirrel hunters.I spend a lot more time on facebook than I do on here.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-08-2015 09:37 PM
kyhunter50 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kyhunter50 Click here to Send kyhunter50 a Private Message Find more posts by kyhunter50 Add kyhunter50 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MATTY G
UKC Forum Member

Yes I do.

Old Post 05-08-2015 09:40 PM
MATTY G is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MATTY G Click here to Send MATTY G a Private Message Find more posts by MATTY G Add MATTY G to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hlandersjr
UKC Forum Member

I have face book. I might use it three time one week and not again for three or more weeks.
Half the time I get on face book to see something someone tells me about. By the time I check it out two or three days later it is so far down the line that if you don't want to search for hours you will not find it. If you do not get on face book daily three or more hours you will miss a lot. I do not have the time or desire to spend that much time reading mostly JUNK.
I hope this site does not change. I spent time on the B&T site. They made what they said at the B&T meeting was a great change to the web page(message board). It is face book now I can't find anything and will not be spending much time messing with it.

I say 80% have face book.

GRNITECH GRCH 'PR' NOLL'S BLACK BOTTOM ZIP -B&T (R.I.P)
GRNITECH GRCH 'PR' MOGAN RIDGE ACE'S EAZY WEEZY -B&T
GRNITECH GRCH 'PR' MOGAN RIDGE ZIPPIN HOSS -B&T
FCH NITECH GRCH 'PR' BILLY JOE BLUE -ENG-(R.I.P)
GRCH NITECH 'PR' MOGAN RIDGE ZIPLOCK -B&T
GRNITECH GRCH 'PR' MOGAN RIDGE BLACK MAX -B&T
GRNITECH GRCH 'PR' MOGANRIDGE ROUGHCREEK DOLLY -B&T
GRNITECH GRCH "PR" LOCKS IMAGE B&T (R.I.P)
GRCH GRNITECH 'PR' MOGANRIDGE ROUGHCREEK CANDY -B&T-(R.I.P.)
GRNITECH GRCH "PR" MOGAN RIDGE BRUTIS
GRCH GRNITECH "PR" MOGAN RIDGE JAZZ-A-BELL
GRNITECH GRCH "PR" EPPERSONS BOOMING CASH

Old Post 05-08-2015 11:19 PM
hlandersjr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hlandersjr Click here to Send hlandersjr a Private Message Click Here to Email hlandersjr Find more posts by hlandersjr Add hlandersjr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Slowpoke 2012
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by John D

Having said that I can see how Facebook is a good thing for folks to keep up with each other on a personal level. I just don't see the merits of an organization using it as their official site.

Real organizations and businesses still have real websites, imo.

PR. Missouri Hi-Dollar Slowpoke HTX

PR. Missouri Nite Hunt Hitman - R.I.P
08-08-2013 - 07-15-2015
Starved to death by a S.O.B named Austin Tibbits.

American Black and Tan Coon Hounds
----------------------------------------------------------

Nt.Ch. "PR." Wildside's BugEyed Betty (W)

Matthew Fann
816-565-1660

Old Post 05-09-2015 12:31 AM
Slowpoke 2012 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Slowpoke 2012 Click here to Send Slowpoke 2012 a Private Message Click Here to Email Slowpoke 2012 Find more posts by Slowpoke 2012 Add Slowpoke 2012 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
croatankid
UKC Forum Member

i have one but it doesn't mean much to me. There isn't much going on in my life. I visit other coon hunting related facebook pages and find most of it is very shallow. Not much discussion.

Old Post 05-09-2015 01:25 AM
croatankid is offline Click Here to See the Profile for croatankid Click here to Send croatankid a Private Message Click Here to Email croatankid Find more posts by croatankid Add croatankid to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jackson87
UKC Forum Member

Coondog74,where do you sell your dogs on Facebook?

Old Post 05-09-2015 03:43 AM
Jackson87 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jackson87 Click here to Send Jackson87 a Private Message Find more posts by Jackson87 Add Jackson87 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
buckeye_boys
UKC Forum Member

Have facebook ..and really like it

Southern ohio
Call or text-1-937-403-7322

B&R'S CLASSY SIDE
SIRE=PCH,NTCH G & E FIGHTIN SIDE
DAM=GRCH NTCH SILVER DOLLAR DAISY MAY
--------------------------------------------------
SINGING TAPP WHITEY
2018 UKC performance sire
2017 CHKC super stud
2018 PKC Ss sire
SIRE=GRNTCH DARKSHADOW TAPP TWISTER
DAM=NTCH RHOADS TRI-COUNTY ADA

---------------------------------------------------

Singing Tapp Whitey (semen)

Old Post 05-09-2015 04:41 AM
buckeye_boys is offline Click Here to See the Profile for buckeye_boys Click here to Send buckeye_boys a Private Message Click Here to Email buckeye_boys Find more posts by buckeye_boys Add buckeye_boys to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chris Snyder
UKC Forum Member

No Facebook

I believe it is for teenage girls, grandparents that want to keep up with their grandkids and single librarian females that are lonely and need, "friends" to share their kitty cat photos with.

Old Post 05-09-2015 05:54 AM
Chris Snyder is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chris Snyder Click here to Send Chris Snyder a Private Message Find more posts by Chris Snyder Add Chris Snyder to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AppalachianBlue
UKC Forum Member

fb?

I feel like I'm the only one in my generation that doesn't have one. I'm 28 and has never really seen a facebook page. I'm startin this kennel and my wife who's addicted to facebook runs our fb page. I'm in alot of pictures on it but I've never seen the page. I got my first email address 2 months ago.

Call or txt 443- 262-5663
www.facebook.com/appalachianblues
AppalachianBluesKennel@gmail.com

UKC WTDA Registered

Appalachian Blues Kennel
CH PR Walkin After Midnight
GRFCH GRCH NITECH PR Appalachian Blue Catfish HTX ( ACHA SC CHT TC )
- 2015 Qualified for World Show
- 2016 Performance Sire
- Final four Pink Hunt, 2nd place reg
- 2017 Performance Sire
NCH CH Pr Appalachian Blue Luna
GRFCH WCH Pr Appalachian Blue Raven

Mountain feist WTDA BNCH Meadow Mountain Joker

Chocolate Lab...Banjo. Waterfowl buddy.

Old Post 05-09-2015 08:53 AM
AppalachianBlue is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AppalachianBlue Click here to Send AppalachianBlue a Private Message Click Here to Email AppalachianBlue Find more posts by AppalachianBlue Add AppalachianBlue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blackflagginit
UKC Forum Member

Re: No Facebook

quote:
Originally posted by Chris Snyder
I believe it is for teenage girls, grandparents that want to keep up with their grandkids and single librarian females that are lonely and need, "friends" to share their kitty cat photos with.

don't forget the 30/40something divorced soccer moms out fishing for every "old flame" they ever dated, even once, since middle school :/

*billy jack

It is well that war is so terrible, otherwise we should grow too fond of it.

Robert E. Lee

Old Post 05-09-2015 04:03 PM
blackflagginit is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blackflagginit Click here to Send blackflagginit a Private Message Click Here to Email blackflagginit Find more posts by blackflagginit Add blackflagginit to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rmcmillan
UKC Forum Member

I DO NOT HAVE ONE. MY WIFE DOSE AND THERE IS ENOUGH CRAP ON THERE TO KEEP ME OFF IT. I DO NOT WANT IT OR NEED IT. I WILL STICK WITH THIS SITE.

Nt.Ch. Gr.Ch. Gr.WCh. Pr. McMillans Blue Crystal
Ntch. GrCh. Pr. McMillans Blue Magic
Gr.Nt.Ch. Pr. McMillans Blue Hawk
Nt. Ch. Pr. McMillans Blue Rage
all are gone now but will NEVER BE FORGOTTEN

CH. PR. MCMILLANS TREE ROCKIN BRANDY
CH. PR. MCMILLANS MIDNITES STINGIN SADIE

Old Post 05-11-2015 12:08 PM
rmcmillan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rmcmillan Click here to Send rmcmillan a Private Message Find more posts by rmcmillan Add rmcmillan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Todd K / UKC
Administrator

No...I was just curious because the Coonhound Forums on this site get a lot of traffic while our other forums do not. Seems like all of our all-breed, pointer and retriever people are more into Facebook than they are website forums. My assumption was the activity in this forum had to be because the majority of coonhunters were not on Facebook. But looks like I was wrong. Again. lol Interesting...thanks for your responses!

Old Post 05-11-2015 01:34 PM
Todd K / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Todd K / UKC Click here to Send Todd K / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Todd K / UKC Find more posts by Todd K / UKC Add Todd K / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
robert whitten
UKC Forum Member

lol the poll numbers should probably be a little higher , I know that some of you macho men most likely have one but don't want to admit it lol or you at least use your wife or girlfriends on a daily basis .

Old Post 05-11-2015 02:23 PM
robert whitten is offline Click Here to See the Profile for robert whitten Click here to Send robert whitten a Private Message Click Here to Email robert whitten Find more posts by robert whitten Add robert whitten to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Josh Michaelis
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Slowpoke 2012
Facebook won't replace a well run website.

Lol, it has

Old Post 05-11-2015 02:34 PM
Josh Michaelis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Josh Michaelis Click here to Send Josh Michaelis a Private Message Click Here to Email Josh Michaelis Find more posts by Josh Michaelis Add Josh Michaelis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
croatankid
UKC Forum Member

facebook might someday replace the forum but i don't see it happening now. they do absorb or satisfy some of our need to express ourselves but the forums allow us to get more involved in a subject for a longer period of time. the only thing i see on fb is the equivalant of tweets.

Old Post 05-12-2015 12:20 AM
croatankid is offline Click Here to See the Profile for croatankid Click here to Send croatankid a Private Message Click Here to Email croatankid Find more posts by croatankid Add croatankid to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HOBO
UKC Forum Member

This may have something to do with UKC posting on their facebook pg....

Ch.Swampmusic Lil Bit Sassy
Ch.Swampmusic Misty Shadow
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Boone
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Pride

But Looking To The Future...

Nt.Ch.Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Big Hoss

Dennis Robinson
Cell 540-295-3892

Old Post 09-23-2018 12:45 PM
HOBO is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HOBO Click here to Send HOBO a Private Message Click Here to Email HOBO Visit HOBO's homepage! Find more posts by HOBO Add HOBO to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oklared
UKC Forum Member

NO

HOME OF 2010 HIGH SCOREING REDBONE FEMALE, DUAL CH Y2KD, #7 REPRODUCING RED FEMALE
NT.Ch. WINNER AT REDBONE SEC. 2008
3RD PL. NT.CH. 2009 BATTLE OF BREEDS AT ADA OKLA.
4TH PLACE R.Q.E 2010
2ND PLACE OVERALL AT ZONE 4 AND DOUBLE CAST WINNER 2010
WENT TO 2010 WORLD HUNT
AMERICAN REDBONE ASSOCIATION HIGH SCOREING REDBONE FEMALE OF THE 2010 WORLD HUNT
OVERALL HI SCOREING DOG AT 2010 BBCHA BLUE TIC SECTIONAL
GR.NT.CH. AT 12 and A HALF
MADE-EM SEE RED

Old Post 09-23-2018 01:00 PM
oklared is offline Click Here to See the Profile for oklared Click here to Send oklared a Private Message Click Here to Email oklared Find more posts by oklared Add oklared to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chuck Allen
UKC Forum Member

I MIGHT BE A TRENDSETTER OR I JUST WALK TO THE BEAT OF MY OWN DRUM , BUT I UNFRIENDED EVERYONE IN 1987 , long before it was the fashionable thing to do.

When the law of the land becomes unjust outlaws will rise to take their place in history.

Old Post 09-23-2018 01:38 PM
Chuck Allen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chuck Allen Click here to Send Chuck Allen a Private Message Find more posts by Chuck Allen Add Chuck Allen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
toddwicks
UKC Forum Member

Facebook is a great thing for coonhunters. It is full of guys and gals that hunt. I thought everyone that coonhunts had one.

The UKC World Hunt Could Have been posted live video last night. Would have been way more Awesome than watching a written play by play on here. Just saying.

2011 RQE NEWPORT,TN 5 TH PLACE
2011 WORLD Qualifier
2011 BnT Days Cast Winner
2012 Cast Winner TN State
2012 3 rd Place Grnt,s BNT days
2012 World Qualifier Meigs Cnty RQE 4 rth place
2012 zones Virginia 4rth place
2012 TOP 100 WORLD HUNT
2013 4th high scoring dog fri night,TN State
2014 World Qualifier

Nt Ch Hammers Black Bear
2014 World Qualifier

Nt Ch Hammers Bigtime Drama
2014 World Qualifier

Old Post 09-23-2018 02:10 PM
toddwicks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for toddwicks Click here to Send toddwicks a Private Message Click Here to Email toddwicks Find more posts by toddwicks Add toddwicks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sleepy head
UKC Forum Member

If it wasn't for the hunting groups i would terminate my Facebook, might anyway, having a Google account probably worse than fb

Old Post 09-23-2018 02:19 PM
sleepy head is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sleepy head Click here to Send sleepy head a Private Message Find more posts by sleepy head Add sleepy head to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
robgregory
UKC Forum Member

I do not

Main reason being is that I have a tendency to speak my mind. And some people might not like or agree with what I have to say. And another reason is that I know, for a fact, that my employer has been known to go on Facebook at times to see what their employees are doing in their private lives. I do not believe that is right, but just the same,the more crap you stir, the worse it stinks. JMO!

Rob Gregory

home#- 540-925-4437
cell#-757-339-3454
Home of:
"PR"High Lonesome Hannah. Nt.Ch. Hardtime Miss Kitty's Cat

Old Post 09-23-2018 02:24 PM
robgregory is offline Click Here to See the Profile for robgregory Click here to Send robgregory a Private Message Find more posts by robgregory Add robgregory to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
roco7452
UKC Forum Member

Re: How Many Coonhunters That Post On This Forum Have A Facebook Account?

quote:
Originally posted by Todd K / UKC
First of all....what's your guess as to how many people that post on this site have an actual Facebook account in their name? I'm guessing less than half but I might be surprised.

Just so you know, I voted no. I don't have a Facebook account.

Facebook and Social media are here and you might as well get on board, the younger Hunters will participate more and we all know they are the future of Coon hunting.

Old Post 09-23-2018 02:42 PM
roco7452 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for roco7452 Click here to Send roco7452 a Private Message Click Here to Email roco7452 Find more posts by roco7452 Add roco7452 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
medicman_stark
UKC Forum Member

I do.

Old Post 09-23-2018 02:47 PM
medicman_stark is offline Click Here to See the Profile for medicman_stark Click here to Send medicman_stark a Private Message Click Here to Email medicman_stark Find more posts by medicman_stark Add medicman_stark to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
T Felderman
UKC Forum Member

Nope

Old Post 09-23-2018 03:34 PM
T Felderman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for T Felderman Click here to Send T Felderman a Private Message Find more posts by T Felderman Add T Felderman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

Fb

Nope

Old Post 09-23-2018 04:02 PM
Rolin Blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rolin Blues Click here to Send Rolin Blues a Private Message Find more posts by Rolin Blues Add Rolin Blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote