UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Kennels
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
bluestorm
UKC Forum Member

Kennels

I'm looking to build a 2 dog elevated kennel over the summer. Do you guys have any recommendation on size, or what materials work better than others? I know a lot of you guys have elevated kennels, so I'd like to hear your input on how you did them, and if how you like it.

2018 Fred Lingo Memorial & BBOA Zone 4 Championship King of the Hunt
2018 6th place and overall high scoring bluetick, UKC Youth Nationals
2018 BBOA Zone 4 Hunt Dog of the Year
Double Cast Winner at the 2019 National Bluetick Days
2020 UKC world qualifier
CW at bluetick days RQE
Qualified for 2021 UKC world hunt

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-27-2017 02:42 AM
bluestorm is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bluestorm Click here to Send bluestorm a Private Message Click Here to Email bluestorm Find more posts by bluestorm Add bluestorm to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mnb&t
UKC Forum Member

i have a single above ground kennel around 4ft wide and over 8ft long with dog house attached behind. 2x2 boards with 2" spacing for floor.
keep whatever dog im hunting the most in this one.

built another on really old 4 wheel running gear that can move around. it has 2 pens with similar dimensions but used 2x4's with same spacing. i thinks thats easier on their feet and waste goes through plenty good and if need to is knocked through easy with a 2x2.

i usually only keep dogs that im hunting a lot in these types of kennels but dogs always seem healthy, happy, and clean. have even whelped pups in one side of running gear kennel with perfect luck.

really like the moveable kennel for all seasons can get in shade or behind wind break depending on weather condition. when going out of town on hunting trips have taken whole setup to my parents or friends place to take care of dogs that didnt make trip.

i will send pics to number in your sig. good luck!

Old Post 04-27-2017 07:43 AM
mnb&t is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mnb&t Click here to Send mnb&t a Private Message Find more posts by mnb&t Add mnb&t to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rudedog
UKC Forum Member

look up toe cutter thred on search you will find every thing on above ground kennels.i built mine to toe cutters spec. with a 150 feet of of dog yard for my dogs to run around in when not kenneled i will never go back to ground kennels

Old Post 04-27-2017 01:35 PM
rudedog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rudedog Click here to Send rudedog a Private Message Find more posts by rudedog Add rudedog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tony
New UKC Forum Member

http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthrea...eadid=928419755

I think this is the thread rudedog was talking about. looks like a nice set up. Above the picture there's another link with the specs and building materials.

Last edited by Tony on 04-27-2017 at 02:55 PM

Old Post 04-27-2017 02:50 PM
Tony is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tony Click here to Send Tony a Private Message Click Here to Email Tony Find more posts by Tony Add Tony to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Wes Coffman
UKC Forum Member

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000...kennel+flooring

I used this for my flooring. Works great!

Old Post 04-27-2017 02:56 PM
Wes Coffman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Wes Coffman Click here to Send Wes Coffman a Private Message Click Here to Email Wes Coffman Find more posts by Wes Coffman Add Wes Coffman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote