UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Treeing Walkers > Springcreek Rock ?
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
elkrauskopf
UKC Forum Member

Talked to Tim today . Guess I'll have a Fred grandpup this summer.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-25-2013 03:12 AM
elkrauskopf is offline Click Here to See the Profile for elkrauskopf Click here to Send elkrauskopf a Private Message Click Here to Email elkrauskopf Find more posts by elkrauskopf Add elkrauskopf to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

good deal

buddy...that willl put THE spring creek rock in your pups 4th gen with a live breeding. other than that mess going on with the insane pups that is the closest you can get.

Grand Champion Stevenson's "Johnny Jet,"

Palms 18:39........You armed me with strength for battle; you made my adversaries bow at my feet!
Two questions sum up life....
Why am I here ? And Where am I headed.

Old Post 04-25-2013 06:59 AM
cripple creek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cripple creek Click here to Send cripple creek a Private Message Click Here to Email cripple creek Find more posts by cripple creek Add cripple creek to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
iivydriff
UKC Forum Member

Nice lookin hound

Old Post 04-26-2013 11:51 PM
iivydriff is offline Click Here to See the Profile for iivydriff Click here to Send iivydriff a Private Message Click Here to Email iivydriff Find more posts by iivydriff Add iivydriff to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ky Show Girl
UKC Forum Member

thanks Cripple Creek you are going to have to come over
& introduce your self.pops said he thought he seen you at wc?

Old Post 04-27-2013 12:20 AM
Ky Show Girl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ky Show Girl Click here to Send Ky Show Girl a Private Message Find more posts by Ky Show Girl Add Ky Show Girl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

I was there.....I watched some of both

shows....fri and sdr. He might have. I will be there next year good lord willing and I have something cooking I hope to compete with in the show and hunt next jan.
I will make sure I let folks know where I am going to be next year. I missed several folks that I had hoped to see. It was amazing of the folks that were there at the same time I was and we didnt hook up.
that is one good looking hound you have.

Palms 18:39........You armed me with strength for battle; you made my adversaries bow at my feet!

Old Post 04-27-2013 01:44 AM
cripple creek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cripple creek Click here to Send cripple creek a Private Message Click Here to Email cripple creek Find more posts by cripple creek Add cripple creek to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

hey elk.....

post a pic of your new pup when you get it. would like to see it.

I hunted with Stinson's bobby when he was one year old. I mean 12 months old when I went to breed to Radar and I tell you what...I knew I had made the right decision after we turned him loose and a two year old dog Called Banjo that was out of Radar. They went hunting so fast it was unbelievable. Billy opened up the dog box and they shot out of that box like they were on fire....they struck about a half mile away and burned a track over a few hills and exploded on a tree with such force and sound that it blew my mind. You could not hear each other talk when we were under the tree with those two dogs. We turned them loose from that tree and saw the same thing repeated......another half mile race and bam...treed again. I had a headache and my ears rang for about two hours after that hunt.
If Radar were still alive I would breed everything I have to him till they all passed away.
That cross I made on Radar was a freak show to see at 5 months old.

Man, I love them Rock dogs.......specially old bobby....

Old Post 04-27-2013 01:53 AM
elkrauskopf
UKC Forum Member

And as far as I can find Ive pretty much got all the bobby blood left. I hope I am wrong. Been searching 5 years and found 2 other crosses on him.

Old Post 04-27-2013 02:23 AM
elkrauskopf is offline Click Here to See the Profile for elkrauskopf Click here to Send elkrauskopf a Private Message Click Here to Email elkrauskopf Find more posts by elkrauskopf Add elkrauskopf to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

yea he wasnt bred much that I know

of. glad you are keeping it alive.
post some more pics and pedigrees of your dogs. You sure have some nice ones.

Old Post 04-27-2013 02:36 AM
HistoryNutt
UKC Forum Member

STINSON'S BOBBY.

quote:
Originally posted by cripple creek
post a pic of your new pup when you get it. would like to see it.

I hunted with Stinson's bobby when he was one year old. I mean 12 months old when I went to breed to Radar and I tell you what...I knew I had made the right decision after we turned him loose and a two year old dog Called Banjo that was out of Radar. They went hunting so fast it was unbelievable. Billy opened up the dog box and they shot out of that box like they were on fire....they struck about a half mile away and burned a track over a few hills and exploded on a tree with such force and sound that it blew my mind. You could not hear each other talk when we were under the tree with those two dogs. We turned them loose from that tree and saw the same thing repeated......another half mile race and bam...treed again. I had a headache and my ears rang for about two hours after that hunt.
If Radar were still alive I would breed everything I have to him till they all passed away.
That cross I made on Radar was a freak show to see at 5 months old.

Man, I love them Rock dogs.......specially old bobby....

CRIPPLE CREEK This one is for you, finally found it.

DUAL GRAND CHAMPION SPRING CREEK RADAR

CHAMPION NITE CHAMPION STINSON'S BOBBY

http://www.finleyriverchief.com

Sites I like to visit that have a lot of information:

A Lot Of Old Pictures And Ads

http://finleyriverchief.forumotion.net

Register On The Above Forum To See A Lot More Old Pictures And Ads.
There are more that you can't access unless registered.

Old Post 04-27-2013 03:07 AM
HistoryNutt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HistoryNutt Click here to Send HistoryNutt a Private Message Click Here to Email HistoryNutt Visit HistoryNutt's homepage! Find more posts by HistoryNutt Add HistoryNutt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

man nutt....you are the bomb

thanks for the walk thru history.....
I went up and spent the afternoon with Billy Stinson two summers ago and talked hounds. He had three of my bred dogs up there all littermates because they went back to the cross I made on Radar. He has about quit hunting. He is getting on up there. still a hoot. He played the guitar and sang and we talked till we were worn out. He has the gift of gab.....he reminds me of Jerry Clower a lot. He can tell tails. He was fortunate to own a hall of fame walker dog. Not many of us ever have that opportunity.

Old Post 04-27-2013 03:12 AM
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

I tell you this as well.

radar was the best looking hound standing in the pen that I ever saw before or since. I have been trying to recreate Radar ever since I set eyes on him. Cat footed and built like a sleek formula 1 race car. had a flat head and dark black eyes and rich rich red head and black where he was black. man to go back in time.

Got a cross Im working on that might produce close to what I am looking for. Nice looking female and one beautiful male.
We will see in a few weeks. Both have giant mouths and looks to spare.

Old Post 04-27-2013 03:19 AM
Ky Show Girl
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by elkrauskopf
And as far as I can find Ive pretty much got all the bobby blood left. I hope I am wrong. Been searching 5 years and found 2 other crosses on him.

i would say you are right.there was 143 pups out of kentucky
river rock 1 litter produced buck creek drum,1Kentucky river rowdy and the rest were pretty much out of Billie joe.Luke,Magic,bullet,ace.

Old Post 04-27-2013 06:02 AM
Ky Show Girl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ky Show Girl Click here to Send Ky Show Girl a Private Message Find more posts by Ky Show Girl Add Ky Show Girl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
iivydriff
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Ky Show Girl
i would say you are right.there was 143 pups out of kentucky
river rock 1 litter produced buck creek drum,1Kentucky river rowdy and the rest were pretty much out of Billie joe.Luke,Magic,bullet,ace.

Wasnt Kentucky River Boomer out of Rowdy? I spectated a cast at Autums oaks years ago spring creek Fred drew out with Boomer I had to see it.

Old Post 04-27-2013 01:36 PM
iivydriff is offline Click Here to See the Profile for iivydriff Click here to Send iivydriff a Private Message Click Here to Email iivydriff Find more posts by iivydriff Add iivydriff to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Doug Bowers
UKC Forum Member

Yes Boomer was out of Rowdy

Cripple Creek what is that cross you made.

we have 3 straws off of OAK RUN RADAR. going to use it on our ROWDY female one day. will breed to ROOSTER FIRST. Then OAK RUN RADR
That would be grand pups to RADAR

PKC SCH UKC DUAL GRAND TOUCAN SAM SEMEN

Also home to;ACHA LWSCH 'PR' Kentucky River Mundar ~ Sire is Kentucky River Rowdy (frozen Semen) BMOB 2013 Winter Classic
House's Lipper Hope x Kentucky River Rowdy
Broken Road's LITTLE TEXAS
LIPPERS STYLISH ROOSTER AT STUD
LIPPERS LITTLE TEXAS AT STUD.

"The WILL of God will never take you where the GRACE of God can not protect you

Old Post 04-27-2013 04:13 PM
Doug Bowers is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Doug Bowers Click here to Send Doug Bowers a Private Message Click Here to Email Doug Bowers Find more posts by Doug Bowers Add Doug Bowers to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Melanie H.
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Doug Bowers
Yes Boomer was out of Rowdy

Cripple Creek what is that cross you made.

we have 3 straws off of OAK RUN RADAR. going to use it on our ROWDY female one day. will breed to ROOSTER FIRST. Then OAK RUN RADR
That would be grand pups to RADAR

And I want to stand in line NOW for a pup off your Rowdy female and Oak Run Radar A lot of the big game guys out here have Spring Creek dogs linebred out here... But they stopped papering them 3 generations ago...

You've only got 3 choices in life, give in, give up, or give it all you got.

Old Post 04-27-2013 06:02 PM
Melanie H. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Melanie H. Click here to Send Melanie H. a Private Message Click Here to Email Melanie H. Visit Melanie H.'s homepage! Find more posts by Melanie H. Add Melanie H. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HistoryNutt
UKC Forum Member

OAK RUN RADAR

NITE CHAMPION OAK RUN RADAR

Old Post 04-27-2013 06:15 PM
HistoryNutt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HistoryNutt Click here to Send HistoryNutt a Private Message Click Here to Email HistoryNutt Visit HistoryNutt's homepage! Find more posts by HistoryNutt Add HistoryNutt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

It was a cross I made way back

on Radar. and that is where the dogs came from behind Mud run Milo, NKC lil world ch. Stetson, my dogs I hunt now and about 7 or 8 coonhunters around here that have that cross doubled and tripled up within about 60 miles of me in every direction.

Yea...I would like to get in on that oak run radar cross as well. I am a Radar freak. When you hunt as many of the Radar dogs I did when he was alive and saw what they did as young baby pups. it will ruin you. I am talking about coon treeing pups. they didnt know what a slick tree was. Plus they could run a track like they were tied to it.

Radar was bred well on his moms side as well. finley river Dan breeding

Old Post 04-27-2013 08:31 PM
Doug Bowers
UKC Forum Member

Soubds like you got a good thing going.
I sent you a pm

Also home to;ACHA LWSCH 'PR' Kentucky River Mundar ~ Sire is Kentucky River Rowdy (frozen Semen) BMOB 2013 Winter Classic

Old Post 04-27-2013 08:47 PM
Doug Bowers is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Doug Bowers Click here to Send Doug Bowers a Private Message Click Here to Email Doug Bowers Find more posts by Doug Bowers Add Doug Bowers to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Doug Bowers
UKC Forum Member

whats your close up female on radar. ped

Old Post 04-27-2013 08:49 PM
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

shes not close up...if you were asking

me doug. radar is like twice in the 6th and once in the 7th or vice versa

I just got a male dog that has Ky River rowdy like 4 or 5 times back in the 5th gen. I havent gotten his papers yet. supposed to pick them up tonight. I will post them some time in the next few days. of course rowdy was a grandson to radar so we will see how he turns out reproducing wise. He is a beautiful hound build wise and head and legs and feet. Kind of coffee colored head. I dont like that too much, but bred to a red headed dog should correct that. His daddy is the luck jack dog owned by bobby cody. Jack is one of the finest colored and built hounds you will ever see. this dog is by jack and a maverick female. maverick was by jack, so it is a grand daughter back to her grandfather cross. that is my favorite line breeding way to cross hounds. In my opinion,.
I have had great success with that. I am breeding a female to him that goes back to spring creek rock ten times, but again it is back in the 7th gen. it is so hard to get it up close unless you can get it like you are doing with the oak run radar semen. man so glad somebody was wise enough to save that stuff.

Old Post 04-27-2013 09:11 PM
elkrauskopf
UKC Forum Member

It was a shame when I talked to Billy 2 years ago , he still had a grandson to Bobby that was 11 and I had a granddaughter that was 12 but by the time she came back in heat she got bit buy a snake on the tree and I just had the vet put her down. As always most of my dogs are not titled but I'll show on the bench or in the woods my I am going to breed a female to my buddy's dog out of my old female just have not decided which one.

Male:

********** GRCH 'PR' JW'S COMANCHE HANK
******** 'PR' J.W.'S COMANCHE LOT
********** 'PR' COMANCHE BERTA
****** CH 'PR' J.W.'S COMANCHE COCHISE
********** NITECH GRCH 'PR' STINSON'S COMANCHE BOB
******** GRCH 'PR' WALNUT CREEK BOBS MOLLIE
********** GRCH 'PR' WALNUT CREEK LITTLE TAMMY'S KATHY
'PR' J.W.'S COMANCHE PEPPER
********** NITECH GRCH 'PR' COMANCHE TIMBER
******** GRCH 'PR' COMANCHE FALCON
********** GRCH 'PR' COMANCHE'S DEE
****** 'PR' COMANCHE BERTA
********** CH GRNITECH 'PR' STINSON'S BOBBY
******** 'PR' COMANCHE KATE

Grandmother x Grandson. Goes to Bobby 4 times. Hank was a grandson. Berta x 2 grandaughter Bob was out of him . Kate daughter. Old Dee was a grandaughter to Johnson's Danny Boy and Moffett's Deamon. Cochise is a half brother to my nitech gus dog .

Female #1
********** GRNITECH 'PR' FLETCHER'S STYLISH JAKE
******** CH 'PR' TINK'S WILL SACKIT
********** CH 'PR' VALLEY CREEK MOE
****** CH NITECH 'PR' COMANCHE'S FLAG CREEK GUS
******** GRCH 'PR' WALNUT CREEK BOBS MOLLIE
********** GRCH 'PR' WALNUT CREEK TAMMY'S KATHY
'PR' COMANCHE MILLIE
********** GRCH 'PR' JW'S COMANCHE HANK
******** 'PR' J.W.'S COMANCHE LOT
********** 'PR' COMANCHE BERTA
****** 'PR' J.W.'S COMANCHE GRACE
******** CH 'PR' SCALLON'S TREEING WINDY
********** 'PR' SCALLON'S TREEING SEIKO
millie goes to Bobby 5 times and Seiko was a grandaughter to Rock out of a Buffalo River Tanner daughter.

Female # 2
****** GRCH 'PR' JW'S COMANCHE HANK
********** GRCH GRNITECH 'PR' WILSON'S JOBO BILLY
******** GRCH 'PR' COMANCHE BILLIE JEAN
********** GRCH 'PR' COMANCHE MARIE LABEAU
CH 'PR' J.W.'S COMANCHE JULIE
****** 'PR' COMANCHE BERTA
********** CH GRNITECH 'PR' STINSON'S BOBBY
******** 'PR' COMANCHE KATE
Billy was out of Bobby. Julie X Pepper would be pretty tight but that is the way I am leaning. Hank is still one of the loudest dogs I've ever been to the woods with.

Julie is in heat I just don't know if I will breed her now or next time.

If I could find some more Bobby blood this would be easier.

Old Post 04-27-2013 10:10 PM
Ky Show Girl
UKC Forum Member

Old Post 04-27-2013 10:12 PM
Chase Strebeck
UKC Forum Member

cripple creek elkrausko

In y'alls opinion, why do you think more people have not keep this blood going? I really don't know much about these dogs that are being talked about cause they are way before my time. I can only go on what I have heard and read. Seems to me like Spring Creek Rock and these other dogs you are talking about are some awesome dogs. I like reading what y'all have to say about them. I'm just curious though why there is not more of it out there a litte more close up. Is it cause that was a long time ago? Are there alot of them out there and we just don't here about them? I know there are alot of dogs that will go back to these hounds, but it's way back there. I'm just interested I'd guess you could say.

I had an Uncle that kept the same line of Catahoula Cur going for around 60 years. He passed away a few years back. Me and my sister and a cousin of mine are trying to keep the line going. We are having a little trouble finding some of the same line to breed to. We are making a couple crosses though that will keep us going for a little while longer. I was wondering if maybe the same happened with the Spring Creek dogs. They might have just kind of faded out wiithout a lot of people keeping them going. I'd love to hear what y'all have to say.

Old Post 04-28-2013 02:38 AM
Chase Strebeck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chase Strebeck Click here to Send Chase Strebeck a Private Message Click Here to Email Chase Strebeck Find more posts by Chase Strebeck Add Chase Strebeck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

Well in my opinion, its like anything

t.vs, smart phones, lap tops etc. the next big thing moves in and the old passes on.
There are pockets of breeders around the country that still have them for themselves, but with Rock and Radar and the rest of the Rock studs having died out and along came Lipper, Nailor, SAckett Jr. and Rat Attack and now we are on to Mojo, Bone collector, and this list goes on.

Since these dogs have been dead so long and so few folks were doing semen collection back then, it is hard to keep a lot of it still going.

There is some spring creek rock semen still out there owned by mr mckinney up north somewhere and he has some pups on the ground now that are several months old. as you can see by this thread, there are some grand sons and great grandsons still showing up that were collected as the practice got more user friendly and affordable.

As you can see also by this thread, like me there are some die hard Rock blood fans still across the country.

Both Rock and Radar were close bred to finley river dogs and there are still some of those around. They have most of the traits that most of us desire now which is good track dogs that are accurate.

that is hard to find today.

there was a lot of hot nosed slick treeing hounds that were highly bred to over the last 15 years and it has set back our breed. Many hunters love for the rapid, slobber slinging tree dog that barks a 130 barks a min has blinded many to balance.

there are many, many hunters making crosses instead of the real true long time breeders that dont have a clue how to breed balance to balance and also line dogs up genetically and thus you have the problem we have today.

I have talked with several hunters over the past several years that hunted with some of the major slick treeing studs that got bred to a lot and I will not name who they are. but these hunters told me some of these dogs could tree a coon in a phone booth.
You can read into that what you want.

I know of the hunts I have been to over the last 7 or 8 years these dogs today have not shown me real solid coon treeing performance. There are some across the country, but there are 10 worthless ones to one solid broke, stay put, go hunting, track and trail and tree and have the meat coondogs.

all of this is just my opinion. That and a buck will get you a cup of coffee.

I have been breeding the same stock of dogs for over thirty years. I try to produce a good solid, balanced hound that is fun to pleasure hunt and if you want to, you can take it to a hunt and win.

Old Post 04-28-2013 03:41 AM
HistoryNutt
UKC Forum Member

Old Post 04-28-2013 03:48 AM