UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Pleasure hobby or severe addiction?
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
2ol2hunt
UKC Forum Member

Pleasure hobby or severe addiction?

After coon hunting for 40 years in these mountains and ending up with 2 bad knees and 2 bad hips and bad back, I always said. If I could invent a pill or shot to erase coonhunting from a person's mind I would be a millionaire!!! WHAT Y'ALL THINK?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-29-2020 12:28 PM
2ol2hunt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 2ol2hunt Click here to Send 2ol2hunt a Private Message Click Here to Email 2ol2hunt Find more posts by 2ol2hunt Add 2ol2hunt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Got to where it’s more fun to talk on this board than actually coon hunt.

Tar

Old Post 03-29-2020 01:14 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
2ol2hunt
UKC Forum Member

After hundreds if not thousands of coons treed I still look for tracks in every mudhole and every time I pass by a big stand of timber my first thought is"man I'd love to drop a dog in here!" It'sa SICKNESS !!

Old Post 03-29-2020 02:14 PM
2ol2hunt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 2ol2hunt Click here to Send 2ol2hunt a Private Message Click Here to Email 2ol2hunt Find more posts by 2ol2hunt Add 2ol2hunt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

When I dream about it I always win the world hunt , no slick trees the coon is always there,and I don’t have no pain and no matter how far I walk I am never tired.

Tar

Old Post 03-29-2020 02:21 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

Tar you need a new dog

Old Post 03-29-2020 02:58 PM
Donnie Stevens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Stevens Click here to Send Donnie Stevens a Private Message Find more posts by Donnie Stevens Add Donnie Stevens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

I wouldn't take the pill or the shot. I'm like the drug addict that refuses rehab. And now I have a 9 month old female like nothing I've ever seen in 60 years. So the addiction is only getting worse.

Old Post 03-29-2020 02:58 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Donnie Stevens
Tar you need a new dog

How would it be any different than the 1000 before it ! I got a new motor on my boat now that trips my trigger !

Tar

Old Post 03-29-2020 03:14 PM
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

Apparently you've ended a new dog for a long time lol

Old Post 03-29-2020 03:16 PM
Donnie Stevens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Stevens Click here to Send Donnie Stevens a Private Message Find more posts by Donnie Stevens Add Donnie Stevens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Donnie I got one he just ain’t old enough to go yet. He sounds just like my favorite dog that is his double grandpa. We will see until then they are catfish to conquer !!

Tar

Old Post 03-29-2020 03:26 PM
FLYbyNIGHT
UKC Forum Member

A COON HUNTER IS NOT A NORMAL RUN OF THE MILL PERSON..

ALOT OF HUNTERS DONT WANT NOTHIN DO WITH THE WOODS AFTER DARK..I THINK THATS WHEN ITS THE BEST...ESPECIALLY RUNNIN HOUNDS...NOTHIN SOUNDS BETTER THEN A RACE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT ....THEM LONG DRAWN OUT LOCATES ECHOE THROUGH THE TALL TIMBER AND SWAMP BOTTOMS....GIVES ME CHILLS

AND YOU GOTTO BE ADDICTED... WHEN ITS 2 IN THE AM....UR TIRED AND YOUR DOG FINALLY HOOKED A TREE BUT THE CLOSEST YOU CAN GET TO HIM IS. A HALF MILE IN A BAD AS S SWAMP BOTTOM ITS HOT AND MUGGY.SKEETERS TICKS AND SNAKES ARE BAD..AND HES ACROSS THE MAIN RUN AND THE ONLY WAY IS TO GET TO HIM IS TO CROSS THAT BLOW DOWN TREE ACROSS THE MAIN RUN THAT YOU ALWAYS SEEM TO LOSE YOUR BALANCE AND TAKE A SWIM... THEN YOU GET TO HIM AND HES BLOWIN THE TOP OUT ..CHOPPIN EVERY BREATH AND YOU SEE THE FUR IN THE TOP OF THAT OLD CYPRESS...
THE WALK OUT DONT SEEM BAD AT ALL AFTER THAT...
THEN THE MEMORIES OF LAST NIGHTS HUNT GET YOU THROUGH THE WORK DAY...

ITS THE BEST ADDICTION THERE IS

Old Post 03-29-2020 03:27 PM
FLYbyNIGHT is offline Click Here to See the Profile for FLYbyNIGHT Click here to Send FLYbyNIGHT a Private Message Find more posts by FLYbyNIGHT Add FLYbyNIGHT to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
2ol2hunt
UKC Forum Member

When you are driving at night and you stop on the side of the road and get out just hoping to hear a dog trailing, then you know you need the pill or the shot !!!! Lol

Old Post 03-29-2020 03:34 PM
2nd Mac
UKC Forum Member

It’s an addiction that no one can cure.

Old Post 03-29-2020 03:40 PM
2nd Mac is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 2nd Mac Click here to Send 2nd Mac a Private Message Find more posts by 2nd Mac Add 2nd Mac to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BrokeBackKennel
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar

Tar

You do talk on here a lot !

Broke Back Kennels video productions

Old Post 03-29-2020 03:52 PM
BrokeBackKennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BrokeBackKennel Click here to Send BrokeBackKennel a Private Message Click Here to Email BrokeBackKennel Find more posts by BrokeBackKennel Add BrokeBackKennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by BrokeBackKennel
You do talk on here a lot !

And look who’s talking mr call me at bedtime !!

Tar

Old Post 03-29-2020 03:55 PM
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Donnie I got one he just ain’t old enough to go yet. He sounds just like my favorite dog that is his double grandpa.

Tar

Have you considered the possibility that's why they're no different then the last 1000

Old Post 03-29-2020 04:05 PM
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Donnie Stevens
Have you considered the possibility that's why they're no different then the last 1000

After all the above average ones I have hunted with I will know it when I see it and I ain’t seen it in a long time.

Tar

Old Post 03-29-2020 04:28 PM
croatankid
UKC Forum Member

No matter where I'm traveling I wonder about hunting coons in the woods I see along the way. As I leave to go hunting I always wonder what all the other men are doing in their houses at night. I kinda feel sorry for them, just watching tv.

Old Post 03-29-2020 05:57 PM
croatankid is offline Click Here to See the Profile for croatankid Click here to Send croatankid a Private Message Click Here to Email croatankid Find more posts by croatankid Add croatankid to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Skankhunt42
UKC Forum Member

quote:

Tar

To bad a few of Y'all baffoons ruined this Board.

Old Post 03-29-2020 05:58 PM
Skankhunt42 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Skankhunt42 Click here to Send Skankhunt42 a Private Message Find more posts by Skankhunt42 Add Skankhunt42 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Clovis A Nailor
UKC Forum Member

I wished I had all the money I've blown on dogs I'm sure it would be a significant amount. Instead I just keep blowing it on dogs no sense stopping now. My wife said if I kept coon hunting she was going to leave I sure miss her, I'm lying I don't miss her at all.

Old Post 03-29-2020 07:16 PM
Clovis A Nailor is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Clovis A Nailor Click here to Send Clovis A Nailor a Private Message Click Here to Email Clovis A Nailor Find more posts by Clovis A Nailor Add Clovis A Nailor to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pigsit
UKC Forum Member

I had a good friend that we were friends for sixty years, he used to hunt some with me. We had coffee together one morning and he told me he and his wife ran into my wife at the grocery store. I guess he asked my wife, if I was hunting much, she said, "No he was home one night last week'".

Dual GRNTCH Wendy
GRNTCH Cola
GrNtCH Honky Tonk Rock and Roll
Dual GRCH Bumper
Dual CH June
Dual CH Jill

Old Post 03-29-2020 08:25 PM
pigsit is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pigsit Click here to Send pigsit a Private Message Click Here to Email pigsit Find more posts by pigsit Add pigsit to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
2ol2hunt
UKC Forum Member

I can't stand to hear a dog bark around the house but at night when they strike it's just like a shot of dope and when they locate and change over to a good steady chop all is right with the world for a few minutes!!

Old Post 03-29-2020 08:28 PM
Clovis A Nailor
UKC Forum Member

With all the money I've spent over the years just to hear a dog bark I despise a dog that barks in the dog pen or my truck. Years ago before I had a shock collar I would wear a set of brakes out on a truck given them some brake therapy for a truck barking dog. These anti locking brakes just don't give the same effect as them old trucks did.

Old Post 03-30-2020 04:48 PM
Clovis A Nailor is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Clovis A Nailor Click here to Send Clovis A Nailor a Private Message Click Here to Email Clovis A Nailor Find more posts by Clovis A Nailor Add Clovis A Nailor to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Clovis A Nailor
With all the money I've spent over the years just to hear a dog bark I despise a dog that barks in the dog pen or my truck. Years ago before I had a shock collar I would wear a set of brakes out on a truck given them some brake therapy for a truck barking dog. These anti locking brakes just don't give the same effect as them old trucks did.
Now that's funny. I never thought of anti-lock brakes as being a deterrent to dog training. But I'm still hunting in my 1983 Toyota.

Old Post 03-30-2020 04:57 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Clovis A Nailor
UKC Forum Member

These modern trucks are the ruin of dog training anti locking breaks you can't slam a barking dog up side the dog box, got a big gap at the tailgate good for breaking a dogs foot and even a 2 wheel drive the tailgate is way up in the air good breaking a dogs leg. And no good place to mount a cb and with all the electronic stuff don't think you want to put a big fat 400 linear in there.

Old Post 03-30-2020 05:28 PM
BigContry
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by shadinc
Now that's funny. I never thought of anti-lock brakes as being a deterrent to dog training. But I'm still hunting in my 1983 Toyota.

Post a picture of Ole Blue with that makeshift boat/4wheeler trailer.

Old Post 03-30-2020 06:00 PM
BigContry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BigContry Click here to Send BigContry a Private Message Click Here to Email BigContry Find more posts by BigContry Add BigContry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote