UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > How many are self isolating?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

How many are self isolating?

If so, what are you doing with your time? I am spending my time mowing and clearing 10 acres of land. I have 6 acres with the house and dog yard and 10 acres lightly wooded with a bunch of palmetto bushes. Trying to get that cleaned up. Going to Church on Sundays and Wednesday nights. Think we had 6 people there last night and we kept our distance. When we start hugging again I will have to get use to them old ladies perfumes once more.
Yesterday I was out mowing and I saw my wife headed my way in her car. I knew something was wrong. Well I had let my 4 hounds out to play in a clear 4 acres I have fenced for them. Well they escaped. One went down the road and a guy was moving. He had his front door open and the dog went in and laid down. Two went down the road and visited another neighbor. One went the other direction and by the time i had collected the other three decided to come back home. This Sunday our 9 days of keeping the dogs out of the woods for spring turkey season ends. I will be doing some hunting and probably boring you guys with pictures. Hope they are coon pictures and not possums. I see all these guys with them live feed videos on FB. Always wanted to try that but I don't have any spare hands for a camera when I am hunting.
Anyway we are living in some trying times. I wish everyone well and Pray for this to pass quickly and we get back to normal. Whatever normal is for a coon hunter.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-26-2020 01:08 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cory Highfill
UKC Forum Member

I was self isolating when self isolating wasn't cool.
Everyone thought I was antisocial, turns out I'm a trendsetter!

Old Post 03-26-2020 01:34 PM
Cory Highfill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cory Highfill Click here to Send Cory Highfill a Private Message Click Here to Email Cory Highfill Find more posts by Cory Highfill Add Cory Highfill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Roy Grant
UKC Forum Member

Linda and I doing as asked, but will it be extended? I don't think 2 weeks will be enough. Bruce, you made laugh this morning. I can really relate to the perfume. When I got home from church, did not know if I smelled like a funeral home or house ill repute.

Old Post 03-26-2020 02:30 PM
Roy Grant is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Roy Grant Click here to Send Roy Grant a Private Message Click Here to Email Roy Grant Find more posts by Roy Grant Add Roy Grant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cotton 1927
UKC Forum Member

We're trying our best I consider ourselves lucky,I'm hunting a cur pup right now I've got a place I can walk to with him for excercise and training,my wife takes a good walk every day getting outside seems to help both of us,normally by now I would be busy getting our small camp open to horseback ride,and vacation some, it's a inconvience , but as of today were both well, I feel for the family's that have lost loved ones, trying to do our part.......thanks for your post !

Old Post 03-26-2020 02:52 PM
Cotton 1927 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cotton 1927 Click here to Send Cotton 1927 a Private Message Click Here to Email Cotton 1927 Find more posts by Cotton 1927 Add Cotton 1927 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Clovis A Nailor
UKC Forum Member

Other than going to work I been self isolating for a long time the old lady ran off 10 years ago so don't have to deal with that. The only time the phone rings is someone wanting to know something about a dog or someone trying to sell me something. I work night shift so I just stay on that schedule on my days off. Pretty easy to isolate when you sleep all day and run the woods at night.

Old Post 03-26-2020 06:37 PM
Clovis A Nailor is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Clovis A Nailor Click here to Send Clovis A Nailor a Private Message Click Here to Email Clovis A Nailor Find more posts by Clovis A Nailor Add Clovis A Nailor to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
arachyd
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Cory Highfill
I was self isolating when self isolating wasn't cool.
Everyone thought I was antisocial, turns out I'm a trendsetter!

This is also me.

Old Post 03-26-2020 11:33 PM
arachyd is offline Click Here to See the Profile for arachyd Click here to Send arachyd a Private Message Find more posts by arachyd Add arachyd to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

Guess I'm not truly self-isolating. Been taking the dogs with me every night.

Old Post 03-27-2020 01:58 AM
Preacher Tom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Preacher Tom Click here to Send Preacher Tom a Private Message Click Here to Email Preacher Tom Find more posts by Preacher Tom Add Preacher Tom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

I been out in the middle of the river every day they want to hug me they got to swim.

Tar

Old Post 03-27-2020 04:07 AM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tar

Rumor is Nancy wants to send Mr. Lambert to Mars to guard all that equipment you said was up there and Allen wants to send you with Richard. Man, that would be the perfect isolation, you on one side of Mars and Richard on the other, no one could steal that equipment. Lol. Dave

Old Post 03-27-2020 04:19 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

I self isolated on my tractor all day yesterday. Today I need to find some gloves, mask and lots of germ killers. Drive up to the store and fill up with diesel. Praying all of you are staying safe. I am no coward by any stretch of the imagination. I know the Lord and ready to see him when he calls. But being foolish in the world we are living in today. Isn't something I am interested in dong, just to prove I am tough. I have lots of one man jobs around here to keep me busy till fall. Just aint figured out about restocking of food yet.

Old Post 03-27-2020 12:00 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Going back today. My fishing buddy used to be the baddest man on the planet now he is in the beginning stages of Parkinson’s 4 of us have fished together for 40 years as long as he wants to go I am going with him it’s got to were none of us needs to go by ourselves.

I think sometimes you just give it to god he will decide for you.

Tar

Old Post 03-27-2020 12:22 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tar

Sorry about your friend, but you are exactly right in letting GOD be your pilot. Catch a bunch and fish as often with your friend as you can, you will always have these memories. Dave

Old Post 03-27-2020 05:19 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Autumn Clements
UKC Forum Member

During the day I’ve been spending my time watching tv/Netflix or cleaning the house. And at nite I’ve been doing some hunting.

'PR'LEAD'S MIDNITE SASSY
CFC CH Canadian GCH Multi Group Placing MBPIG BBPIG LEGACYK STANNYFIELD PRIME TIME (AKC & UKC Pointed)
BPIG MBBPIG WINDAMIRS RED LIGHT DISTRICT V AMBERLANE
LEGACYK DARE TO DREAM V CBLUES
LEGACYK WHITE AS A GHOST V CBLUES

Gone but not forgotten
GRNITECH GRCH PKC CH'PR'CLEMENTS' BLUE PRANCER

GRNITECH GRCH'PR'SPIKE'S TWILITE HOOKER
'PR'PRANCER'S GETTIN DOWN N DIRTY (PrancerxHooker)
NITECH CH’PR’BUELL’S BLUE ROCKY(Whitey x Spice)

CKC BBPIG MARIES BABY BREEZE

Old Post 03-27-2020 05:32 PM
Autumn Clements is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Autumn Clements Click here to Send Autumn Clements a Private Message Click Here to Email Autumn Clements Find more posts by Autumn Clements Add Autumn Clements to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
croatankid
UKC Forum Member

I still do what ever I must around the house during the day. At night I go hunting. At 72 I still love it. It's not the same now. My yellow kemmer cur must stay home due to her kidney failure. I miss seeing that enthusiastic dog out there in front of my truck.

Old Post 03-27-2020 07:04 PM
croatankid is offline Click Here to See the Profile for croatankid Click here to Send croatankid a Private Message Click Here to Email croatankid Find more posts by croatankid Add croatankid to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rex Ridge
UKC Forum Member

Riding horse, cooking and cleaning, my husband is cutting firewood and just started tanning a coyote we trapped.
Tar, I'm glad your fishing with your friend. I was Dx with PD 2.5 yrs ago. I'm so grateful to my friends that ride horse with me.

Old Post 03-29-2020 07:22 AM
Rex Ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rex Ridge Click here to Send Rex Ridge a Private Message Find more posts by Rex Ridge Add Rex Ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JAH
Banned

I'm living my life like always.I go to work 5 or 6 days a week.Come home do what I want and need to go.If we need stuff from town I go get it,I do everything in one trip just like I have always done.My wife on the other hand is doing all that crap they want you to do.She has been working from home the last two weeks.She hasn't left the house in that time frame.We are completely different when it comes to this stuff

Old Post 03-29-2020 03:33 PM
JAH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JAH Click here to Send JAH a Private Message Click Here to Email JAH Find more posts by JAH Add JAH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Skankhunt42
UKC Forum Member

Sheila and I hanging out here in Colorado.

Old Post 03-29-2020 06:01 PM
Skankhunt42 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Skankhunt42 Click here to Send Skankhunt42 a Private Message Find more posts by Skankhunt42 Add Skankhunt42 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote