UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > They dont make em like they use too
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

It really hasn't changed that much.

Last night I was hunting my 15 month old pup. He treed two singles. Stars were exceptionally bright, about 50 degrees, he was trailing a coon, I was setting on a log listening. Come to think about it, coon hunting hasn't changed all that much. (Well back them I didn't have a lot of 15 month old dogs that would tree two conns by themselves.)

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-25-2020 09:40 PM
Preacher Tom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Preacher Tom Click here to Send Preacher Tom a Private Message Click Here to Email Preacher Tom Find more posts by Preacher Tom Add Preacher Tom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FLYbyNIGHT
UKC Forum Member

NOW TELL ME THIS...

WHAT WAS COMPETITION HUNTS LIKE BACK THEN??

WERE RULES SIMILAR???

Old Post 03-25-2020 10:32 PM
FLYbyNIGHT is offline Click Here to See the Profile for FLYbyNIGHT Click here to Send FLYbyNIGHT a Private Message Find more posts by FLYbyNIGHT Add FLYbyNIGHT to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sleepy head
UKC Forum Member

One night in the early 80s, my hunting buddy Chuck, and I, and two boys that were year behind us in school, we were between 17 and 19 years old. Chuck and me had been itchin to go with these boys for awhile, we figured by the end of the night them boys would be walking back to the truck in shame of their hounds.
We turn loose and strike, ole Spud, Roys dog isnt doing anything. Wasn't long and Roy said, them idiot dogs yours guys ain't running no coon. We all took to calling Roy several foul names, like dumb blanker, stupid SOB, no good bast____ and the like. At the end of the name calling one of us asked, how you know that Roy? Roy said, ole Spud will run anything and will dang sure run a coon. Not long later the dogs bayed out in a open field, we get there and they got a mangey red fox. Roy is feeling good, as the night goes on Chuck's and my hound tree 3 or 4 coon, ole Spud and other boys dog don't do much. We hit one last spot a good size
section. We get 3/4 the way through it and ole Spud opens and gets treed fast, our dogs haven't opened. ole Spud had a coon, our dogs come in and Roy is stepping proud on the way back to the truck. But Chuck couldn't take it, he had to cut on Roy a little. Chuck said to Roy,
hell Roy Spudy will tree a coon. Roy said O yeah. I broke out laughing, because Chuck said it in a way that implied that no senceable person would of thought it. Old timer made me think of that night bc of the trash free spook story

Old Post 03-25-2020 11:05 PM
sleepy head is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sleepy head Click here to Send sleepy head a Private Message Find more posts by sleepy head Add sleepy head to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote