UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Swinney's Diamond Jim
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
RidgeTop
Banned

Swinney's Diamond Jim

How good was this dog?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-20-2014 04:15 PM
RidgeTop is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RidgeTop Click here to Send RidgeTop a Private Message Click Here to Email RidgeTop Find more posts by RidgeTop Add RidgeTop to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sauk Talking
UKC Forum Member

World Champion

1972 or 1974

Old Post 12-20-2014 07:34 PM
Sauk Talking is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sauk Talking Click here to Send Sauk Talking a Private Message Find more posts by Sauk Talking Add Sauk Talking to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gary Franks
UKC Forum Member

He was as good as a dog gets he won the Grand American , Little World hunt and the World Hunt all in the same year

Old Post 12-20-2014 08:11 PM
Gary Franks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gary Franks Click here to Send Gary Franks a Private Message Click Here to Email Gary Franks Find more posts by Gary Franks Add Gary Franks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

He won the ACHA world in 1974 and his son won the 82 UKC world Rock River Banjo and if memory serves me well , there was a grandson that won another world title . So all in all it was a pretty good bloodline .

Gold Life member of G.P.A.A. #257936
Member of The Lost Dutchman's Mining Association #02890729

Old Post 12-20-2014 08:34 PM
chuck west is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chuck west Click here to Send chuck west a Private Message Find more posts by chuck west Add chuck west to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bobby Reynolds
UKC Forum Member

Chuck, Rock River Banjo had a son named Wildwood Bo that also won the world hunt. I can not remember the year tho. Kent Miers owned him.

Old Post 12-22-2014 07:41 PM
Bobby Reynolds is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bobby Reynolds Click here to Send Bobby Reynolds a Private Message Click Here to Email Bobby Reynolds Find more posts by Bobby Reynolds Add Bobby Reynolds to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Bobby Reynolds
Chuck, Rock River Banjo had a son named Wildwood Bo that also won the world hunt. I can not remember the year tho. Kent Miers owned him.
Your right Bobby , thats the one that slipped my mind . How is life treating you these days Bobby ? Good I hope .

Gold Life member of G.P.A.A. #257936
Member of The Lost Dutchman's Mining Association #02890729

Old Post 12-22-2014 09:33 PM
chuck west is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chuck west Click here to Send chuck west a Private Message Find more posts by chuck west Add chuck west to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bobby Reynolds
UKC Forum Member

Doing well Chuck. Just playing around with these dogs always trying to come up with something better.lol

Old Post 12-22-2014 10:06 PM
Bobby Reynolds is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bobby Reynolds Click here to Send Bobby Reynolds a Private Message Click Here to Email Bobby Reynolds Find more posts by Bobby Reynolds Add Bobby Reynolds to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
James B Grice
UKC Forum Member

Wildwood Bo won it around 1990???

Old Post 12-23-2014 03:58 AM
James B Grice is offline Click Here to See the Profile for James B Grice Click here to Send James B Grice a Private Message Click Here to Email James B Grice Find more posts by James B Grice Add James B Grice to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RedCreek Hunter
UKC Forum Member

Jim Sired Moffett’s WC Deamon who won Both the PCA and PKC world championship in 80’ and 81’. Jim had a daughter named Queenie place 2nd in the ACHA world hunt in 79’. I believe it was 78’ that Jim was entered in the ACHA world hunt again at almost 10 years old and still placed 7th.

Old Post 03-13-2020 04:00 PM
RedCreek Hunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RedCreek Hunter Click here to Send RedCreek Hunter a Private Message Find more posts by RedCreek Hunter Add RedCreek Hunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
delta slough
UKC Forum Member

does anyone know what Jim's bloodlines were? When Buddy Gilbert bought him and brought him to Arkansas, he was a dominant winner. I never hunted with him, but saw the dog at several hunts. He looked a little "shaggy" to me, long heavy coat. Buddy was always super nice to me, a then young teenager that loved the sport. I know some of you remember Crowding Biily, Buddys first world champion.Billy won the acha a couple years before Diamond Jim. Jr.Steelman

Old Post 03-13-2020 10:27 PM
delta slough is offline Click Here to See the Profile for delta slough Find more posts by delta slough Add delta slough to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RedCreek Hunter
UKC Forum Member

Diamond Jim was off Huron River Jim which was off Huron River Rock. Rock was off Shelters Sonny Boy who also sired Finley River Cheif.

If anyone every drew him or any off his offspring such as Banjo, Queenie, Deamon etc.... let’s hear about them.

Old Post 03-13-2020 11:37 PM
RedCreek Hunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RedCreek Hunter Click here to Send RedCreek Hunter a Private Message Find more posts by RedCreek Hunter Add RedCreek Hunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
D Ray
New UKC Forum Member

Anybody remember a hound called Burgess’s Big John? He was a grandson of Jim. John was off 76’ ACHA world ch Tom Tom and a daughter of Jim. I believe John placed 2nd in ACHA world one year. John also sired Hickory Creek Tom who was the 93’ acha world champion.

Morgan’s Tree Jammin Mundar also went back to Jim. His Momma was off Deamon who was son of Jim. Mundar was in final cast of 86’ Ukc world hunt yr Pacman won it.

Last edited by D Ray on 03-14-2020 at 12:41 AM

Old Post 03-14-2020 12:01 AM
D Ray is offline Click Here to See the Profile for D Ray Click here to Send D Ray a Private Message Find more posts by D Ray Add D Ray to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BawlsDeep
UKC Forum Member

I remember seeing an old list off Wins on Jim’s son Deamon one time that was unreal. It wasn’t a list with places, it was wins! Heard he was a Coon treeing Freak of nature no matter where you put him. He was bred to be a winner though being off Jim and a daughter of Finisher. Sure would of loved to have seen Him or Jim go.

Old Post 03-14-2020 12:17 AM
BawlsDeep is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BawlsDeep Click here to Send BawlsDeep a Private Message Find more posts by BawlsDeep Add BawlsDeep to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RedCreek Hunter
UKC Forum Member

There are 6 direct grandsons of Jim out there right now. They are around 3-4 months old semen sons of Deamon. Sure wanna see this line of dogs return

Last edited by RedCreek Hunter on 03-14-2020 at 12:43 AM

Old Post 03-14-2020 12:25 AM
treestroker
UKC Forum Member

banjo 11

look up terry perkins banjo 2 dog if you like that breeding

Old Post 03-14-2020 01:34 AM
treestroker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for treestroker Click here to Send treestroker a Private Message Find more posts by treestroker Add treestroker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Roy Grant
UKC Forum Member

He must of had a couple bad nights when I hunted with him.

Old Post 03-14-2020 02:17 AM
Roy Grant is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Roy Grant Click here to Send Roy Grant a Private Message Click Here to Email Roy Grant Find more posts by Roy Grant Add Roy Grant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
D Ray
New UKC Forum Member

Hunting against his Son Deamon

Deamon
Deamon was not fancy. Deamon was not stylish. Deamon did not have a great mouth. Deamon was not a hard tree dog. If you hunted with Deamon by himself, you'd say that he was a nice country coondog that can tree a coon. That's what I saw out of Deamon. But, there's more.

I hunted against Deamon. I was hunting an outstanding English dog. Another in the cast placed 2nd in a World Hunt. Another was a very nice dog. Then there was Deamon. He just out coondogged the rest of us. Not a lot of flash. Not a lot of style. Just 100% COON DOG!!! AN EXCEPTIONAL COON DOG!!!

You could not ask for a better coon dog!!! Nothing impressive about him except : He was a better coondog than the very best you put him up against.

Originally Posted by Honalieh 10/6/09

http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthrea...mp;pagenumber=2

Old Post 03-14-2020 10:04 PM
D Ray is offline Click Here to See the Profile for D Ray Click here to Send D Ray a Private Message Find more posts by D Ray Add D Ray to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
D Ray
New UKC Forum Member

delta slough
UKC Forum Member

Drew Deamon in 81at the grand american, he put on a clinic treeing co ons in water all night long.I later hunted against him in several of the old pca pro hunts. Always treed coons and looked good doing it and usually won the casts.one of the nicest coon dogs I ever drew in a hunt. Jr. Steelman

Old Post 04-02-2015 02:32 AM
delta slough is offline Click Here to See the Profile for delta slough Find more posts by delta slough Add delta slough to your buddy list

Old Post 03-14-2020 10:07 PM
Jerry Hicks
UKC Forum Member

Hicks Crying Sue

The 1st good dog i ever had was out of Diamond Jim. Back in the late 70s. Mother was Beaver Creek Beauty. Owned by Omar Wagoner. Cynthiana, Ky.

Old Post 03-15-2020 01:19 AM
Jerry Hicks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jerry Hicks Click here to Send Jerry Hicks a Private Message Click Here to Email Jerry Hicks Find more posts by Jerry Hicks Add Jerry Hicks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Deamon

Sure sounds like the kind of coon dog that anyone would have been proud to hunt. It does not take flashy to beat you to death in competition as Deamon seemed to always do. I would sure like to own a Deamon as I type this post, but I do not. Lol. Dave

Old Post 03-15-2020 01:54 AM
Dave Richards is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote