UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Blueticks: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Ohio Valley Bluetick Kennel
Pages (23): « First ... « 14 15 [16] 17 18 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Eric Werry
UKC Forum Member

good looking hound indeed!

http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h464/EWerry/SlingbladeBluesfriendsandI006.jpg
http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h464/EWerry/Belle030.jpg
Picture of Me and The Man, Ed Meade
http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h464/EWerry/2011Blues085.jpg
**Follow us on photobucket**
EWerry's Album

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-31-2014 04:20 PM
Eric Werry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Eric Werry Click here to Send Eric Werry a Private Message Click Here to Email Eric Werry Visit Eric Werry's homepage! Find more posts by Eric Werry Add Eric Werry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Bubba D's Blues
Never seen a Bluetick with that much white before.

They have been around for a long long time. As time goes on the trend is to breed for darker blueticks but I've seen many of them over the years and I really don't have much of a preference. I'm more interested in how they perform in the woods. Normally the darker ones are preferred and as long as they are not too dark, they are closer to the preferred color per the breed standards.
Ohio Valley Blue Diamond JJ is what my interpretation of the correct color would be per the breed standards. Max and JJ are first cousins. They are out of full brothers.

Old Post 10-31-2014 09:02 PM
ov_blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ov_blues Click here to Send ov_blues a Private Message Click Here to Email ov_blues Find more posts by ov_blues Add ov_blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

Full Brothers. DNA-VIP's

Dual Grand Clear River Blue Diamond Jimmy HTX2

Ohio Valley Blue Diamond Jimmy HTX
OV Jimmy only had 2 small black spots on his body. The rest is dark blue that looked almost black.

Old Post 10-31-2014 09:08 PM
ov_blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ov_blues Click here to Send ov_blues a Private Message Click Here to Email ov_blues Find more posts by ov_blues Add ov_blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Bill and Eric. We all need to get together and take a hunt sometime. We could invite Mr. Woofter and David Smith and all meet in Meigs County and turn some fine Blueticks loose. We could makes some hollers echo with some Bluetick Music.

Old Post 10-31-2014 09:10 PM
Eric Werry
UKC Forum Member

Sounds good John. Although the dogs and I have not been in the woods since last November. I'm ready to go though. been all year fighting BWC, after busting up my shoulder at work. after many hearings, (arbritration in Ironton) and completing my physical therapy in October, im back to full duty and like to go hunting. I just might have a heart attack on ya though. or the dogs might, LoL...Blues has been getting her nails done at the Salon with the wife, But I believe she's ready to get out of the kennel.

http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h464/EWerry/SlingbladeBluesfriendsandI006.jpg
EWerry's Album

Old Post 11-03-2014 02:56 PM
Eric Werry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Eric Werry Click here to Send Eric Werry a Private Message Click Here to Email Eric Werry Visit Eric Werry's homepage! Find more posts by Eric Werry Add Eric Werry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mad-Dog
UKC Forum Member

John/Karen,
Really enjoyed supper , but next time it's my turn to buy.........Tim

Old Post 11-03-2014 05:25 PM
Mad-Dog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mad-Dog Click here to Send Mad-Dog a Private Message Click Here to Email Mad-Dog Find more posts by Mad-Dog Add Mad-Dog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Eric Werry
UKC Forum Member

Stud Dog

quote:
Originally posted by ov_blues
Full Brothers. DNA-VIP's

Dual Grand Clear River Blue Diamond Jimmy HTX2

Ohio Valley Blue Diamond Jimmy HTX
OV Jimmy only had 2 small black spots on his body. The rest is dark blue that looked almost black.

John, which one tracks better/faster? I'm always looking for more speed!

EWerry's Album

Old Post 11-03-2014 11:00 PM
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

Eric

They were both super nice track dogs. They could both drift a track out like they were supposed to and make it look easy. Dual Grand Jimmy is now in Alabama. I gave half interest in him to Sherrill Schrimsher after Dad passed away and I lost a little fire for a little while. I thought it was the best place for Jimmy and would be able to spread some of that bloodline around. I had to put Ohio Valley Jimmy to sleep a couple of months ago due to jaw cancer. His personality and coon treeing ability made him one of my all time favorite hounds and he is missed but we are moving forward. Hunting some dogs out of both Jimmy dogs now and still treeing some coon. Glad to hear you are going to be able to hit the woods again soon and maybe we can get together and take a hunt or two.

Old Post 11-04-2014 02:13 AM
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

Gr Ch Gr Nt Ch Niangua River Mad Dog Ranger

Mark Brown called me Friday morning and due to his not being able to hunt this season like he wants to, offered to sell me Ranger and two pups. Karen and me loaded up Saturday evening after I got off work and headed to Missouri. We met Mark Sunday afternoon, picked up the dogs, visited for a bit, and then headed north to meet with Tim Vaughn and have supper. We had a great time with him and his granddaughter and hope to do it again one of these days. In the last 3 or 4 years since I first started talking to Tim, we have developed a friendship that I truly value. Thank you Tim for all of your help with the dogs and most importantly our friendship. Mark Brown, thank you very much also for doing what you have done to get Ranger to me when you had so many other options. I truly appreciate it.

Ranger on his way to Ohio

Me and Tim

Old Post 11-04-2014 03:01 AM
david woofter
UKC Forum Member

Up

I knew something big was up when you went quite. Like a dog on a hot running coon. When they go quite look out. CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR PURCHASE. I knew you wanted Ranger bad, now you have both your wants: Karen and Ranger. Good luck with both my friend. Dave** Also Tim thanks so much for your service.

Old Post 11-04-2014 02:08 PM
david woofter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for david woofter Click here to Send david woofter a Private Message Click Here to Email david woofter Find more posts by david woofter Add david woofter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Eric Werry
UKC Forum Member

Re: Eric

quote:
Originally posted by ov_blues
They were both super nice track dogs. They could both drift a track out like they were supposed to and make it look easy. Dual Grand Jimmy is now in Alabama. I gave half interest in him to Sherrill Schrimsher after Dad passed away and I lost a little fire for a little while. I thought it was the best place for Jimmy and would be able to spread some of that bloodline around. I had to put Ohio Valley Jimmy to sleep a couple of months ago due to jaw cancer. His personality and coon treeing ability made him one of my all time favorite hounds and he is missed but we are moving forward. Hunting some dogs out of both Jimmy dogs now and still treeing some coon. Glad to hear you are going to be able to hit the woods again soon and maybe we can get together and take a hunt or two.

Hate to hear that about O.V. Jimmy. Been out of the loop for awhile, but I think I'm back to stay.... Ranger, HMMMM!

EWerry's Album

Old Post 11-04-2014 06:04 PM
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Mr. Woofter. It was a sudden thing but I think it will be great getting some of the new and old blood back in the kennel thru Ranger. I don't know what to say about Karen except she is an answer to a prayer.

Eric, Jimmy will definitely be missed but he produced some nice young hounds and my intention is to breed his and Dual Grand Jimmy's daughters to Ranger. I believe that will produce some outstanding hounds.

One of the pups that I also got was a 9 month old pup out of Gauge and Mad Dog Robin. He has a real good mouth and is built to Grand Show in a hurry. I'm going to see what he has under his hood pretty soon.

---------Gr Nt Ch Mead's Blue Jet Seven
------Gr Ch Gr Nt Ch Mead's Blue Jet 8
---------Notch Away Blue Teeny
---Gr Ch Gr Nt Ch Blue Creek Gauge
---------Fch Gr Nt Ch Gr Ch Vining Runnin Bullet
------Gr Nt Ch Coats' Bawl Creek Blue Hooker
---------Gr Nt Ch Buffalo Creek To Tuf Betty
Mad Dog Rockin Rockefeller
---------Gr Nt Ch Gr Ch Smokey River John
------Gr Nt Ch Smokey River Mad Dog John II
---------Gr Nt Ch Mad Dog Two Gun Billy
---Gr Nt Ch Mad Dog Tree Rockin Robin
---------Gr Ch Gr Nt Ch Jet 6 Indiana Blue Rocket
------Nt Ch Mad Dog Little Lou
---------Nt Ch Ch Levi's Northern Blue Lou

Old Post 11-04-2014 07:10 PM
Roy Clifton
UKC Forum Member

Ranger

Congrats on your new stud dog. I have had a blast huntting with Ranger and he can still get it done. Get him legged up and you will have a tuff contender on your hands.
The Gauge and Robin pup should be a hand full.LOL Mark and Corey Robbins has his littermate sis and she is the real deal. The little female I have is getting her debute this week. She has the tools. Rock should be easy to start and be a tree monster.
Again congrats

Home of:
GrChGrNtCh Mad Dog Mo Blue Smoke 2012 BBOA National King of Hunt

NiteCh Mad Dog Smoke's Real Deal (Smoke X Blueberrie) 2015 BBOA National King of Hunt
2017 BBOA/BBCHA Grand National Reunion King of Hunt

GrChGrNtCh Big Time Spankin Blue Wendy 2009 BBOA National Queen of Hunt

GrNtCh Mad Dog Tree Rockin Robin 2011 zone 1 Queen of Hunt.

Ch Mad Dog Loud Mouth Ralph (Smoke X Blueberrie) 2015 BBOA Zone 1 High Scoring Show Champion
2016 BBOA Zone 1 High Scoring Hunt Overall Winner

NiteCh Mad Dog The Perkolater ( Astro X Ata Girl ) 2015 BBOA Zone 1 High scoring Hunt Champion

Up and comming Mad Dog Smokin Blue Wendell

And a few young Prospects

Old Post 11-04-2014 07:44 PM
Roy Clifton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Roy Clifton Click here to Send Roy Clifton a Private Message Click Here to Email Roy Clifton Find more posts by Roy Clifton Add Roy Clifton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

Roy

Ranger is 8 years old, soft and out of shape. However last night I had to go round him up as he was getting too close to a road 3/4 of a mile from where I cut him. The gyp I was hunting with him was over a mile the opposite direction. lol. Coon weren't stirring but they both were trying to find one. If I get his legs back underneath of him I am sure he is going to be fun to hunt.

Old Post 11-05-2014 05:06 PM
BEST EVER
Banned

Not trying to jump your post but below I have added a short video and a couple pictures of a full littler mate to your pup that came from Roy Clifton. She is running and treeing by herself, hunt could pick up but really gets with it and goes the distance with competition. She has the makings and background to make a good one.

Click on link below to see video -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryZleFLlm-8

GRNTCHGRCH PR Super Blue Riptide
GRNITECH 'PR' Prairie Creek Blue Big Horn

Mark Robbins Home : 812-547-1358 cell 812-309-8290
Corey Robbins Cell : 812-608-1645 / Home 812-547-2775

Old Post 11-05-2014 10:22 PM
BEST EVER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BEST EVER Click here to Send BEST EVER a Private Message Find more posts by BEST EVER Add BEST EVER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
david woofter
UKC Forum Member

Dogs

Nice looking pair of Dogs Mark. Dave

Old Post 11-06-2014 01:04 PM
david woofter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for david woofter Click here to Send david woofter a Private Message Click Here to Email david woofter Find more posts by david woofter Add david woofter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

Good looking dogs Mark. It was nice talking with you the other night before my dogs decided to go their opposite directions. lol. Might see what my littermate to yours will do next week when coon season comes in.

Old Post 11-06-2014 07:13 PM
david woofter
UKC Forum Member

Box

You are popular. Your box running over. Dave

Old Post 11-07-2014 04:23 PM
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

Hunted Ranger tonight with Sassy. Went late with Ohio coon season coming in at midnight. Treed the first coon about 600 yards in. Cut them again and they ended up covering over 5 miles of ground according to the Garmin before they got the 2nd coon treed. I like the way Ranger hunts and covers ground. He doesn't go in straight lines, he circles and hunts smart like a hound should in my opinion. I can all ready tell he is the kind of hound that I enjoy hunting. He just turned 8 years old in August so I am going to enjoy hunting him while I can.

Last edited by ov_blues on 11-10-2014 at 08:57 AM

Old Post 11-10-2014 08:54 AM
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

Ohio Valley Blue T-Rex

Tyler Bowman will have him cranking by the end of season. I have confidence in both of them.

Old Post 11-11-2014 06:34 PM
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

Dual Grand Niangua River Mad Dog Ranger and Ch Ohio Valley Blue Sassafras under Ranger's first Meigs County Ohio coon. Ranger will go as deep as needed and will have a coon when you get there from what I have seen so far. Really liking what I am seeing out of this old dog.

Click on the picture for Video

Last edited by ov_blues on 07-15-2015 at 09:48 PM

Old Post 11-11-2014 06:38 PM
Mad-Dog
UKC Forum Member

Video

John,
Sure liked the video, seen the ole dog under many, many coon. He is a "coon dog" and I think that when you get him tuned up you are going to really like him.........Tim

Old Post 11-11-2014 11:11 PM
Mad-Dog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mad-Dog Click here to Send Mad-Dog a Private Message Click Here to Email Mad-Dog Find more posts by Mad-Dog Add Mad-Dog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

Been doing some hunting since season started. Had good hunts with Karen, Troy McDaniel, Mike Elberfeld, David Smith and Tyler Bowman. Treed some coon and had some fun for sure.

Me and Karen drove to Nevergone Genetics in Indiana and had Gr Ch Gr Nt Ch Niangua River Mad Dog Ranger collected for future breedings. Dean said his sperm count and sperm looked good. Ranger is available for public stud service. Stud fee is $200 on Ranger.

------------Ntch PR Smokey River JBS Chief
---------Ch Sweet Springs Blue Spider
------------PR Smokey River Dizzy
------Gr Nt Ch Gr Ch Smokey River John
------------Gr Nt Ch PR Ratliff’s Blue Joker
---------Murphy's Bonnie
------------PR Smokey River Hoss’ Blu Star
---Gr Nt Ch Smokey River Mad Dog John II
------------Nt Ch PR Arnett’s Midnight Ace
---------Nt Ch Mappin's Buglen Bueford
------------PR Mad dog Blue Two Spot
------Gr Nt Ch Mad Dog Two Gun Billy
------------PR Mad Dog Scratch
---------Tater Creek Blue Rose
------------PR Mad Dog Pee Wee
Gr Ch Gr Nt Ch Niangua River Mad Dog Ranger
------------Gr Nt Ch Uchtmans So. Blue Hawk
---------Gr Nt Ch Uchtman's So. Blue Scout
------------Nt Ch Gr Ch Chors' Blue Wheatie
------Nt Ch Wall's Spankin Hank
------------Gr Nt Ch Gr Ch Sexton's Blue Jimmy II
---------Uchtmans So Blue Rosie
------------Ch Gr Nt Ch Dryfork Penny
---Nt Ch Gr Ch Brooks Blue MiPatchie Bero
------------Ohio Valley Big Wheel
---------Nt Ch Stoney Ridge Blue Barney
------------Ohio Valley Blue Jenny
------Nt Ch Ch Brooks' Blue Katie II
------------Gr Nt Ch Dump Road Eazy
---------Nt Ch Brooks' Blue Katie
------------Gr Ch Nt Ch Spring Creek Mandy

I also have for stud Ch Nt Ch Douglas Maxamillion HTX. His stud fee is $150.

------------Ch Gr Nt Ch Slife's Blue Rambo
---------Gr Nt Ch Gr Ch Smiley's Blue Rambo II
------------Ch Gr Nt Ch Smiley's Misti Blue
------Gr Nt Ch Gr Ch Clear River Diamond Jim
------------Smokey River Blue Spud
---------Gr Nt Ch Clear River Curlee
------------Nt Ch Smokey River Be's Blue Jean
---Gr Ch Gr Nt Ch Clear River Blue Diamond Jimmy HTX2
------------Nt Ch Smokey River JBS Cheif
---------Ch Gr Nt Ch Smokey River Chiefs Bl Dancer
------------Harlin's Ok Blu Punkin
------Nt Ch Clear River Blue Slammer
------------Gr Ch Oklahoma Hard Rock
---------Ch Gr Nt Ch Hefley's Bros KC
------------Hefley's Bros. May
Ch Nt Ch Douglas' Maxamillion HTX
------------Nt Ch Smokey River Chief's Chief II
---------Gr Nt Ch Mighty Blue Jake
------------Mighty Blue Glenda II
------Gr Ch Gr Nt Ch Tangi River Blue Easy
------------Gr Nt Ch Coz' Spare Time Spanky
---------Ch Nt Ch Tucker's Hammering Bl Frankie
------------Mighty Blue Glenda II
---Gr Ch Gr Nt Ch Smokey River Git'R'Done Maxy HTX2
------------Gr Nt Ch Gr Ch Clear River Diamond Jim
---------Gr Ch Gr Nt Ch Clear River Diamond Jim II
------------Nt Ch Clear River Blue Slammer
------Nt Ch Martin's Mighty Blue Raven
------------GrCh GrNtCh Smokey River Jeans Blue Tramp
---------Ch Mighty Blue Bobby Sue
------------Bushy Cr Bl Sue II

Last edited by ov_blues on 07-31-2015 at 08:59 PM

Old Post 11-19-2014 09:55 PM
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

Been having some good hunts and seeing some good dog work. The pups are finding fun things to play with at home. lol.

Old Post 12-10-2014 11:42 PM
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

Hunted Saturday night with David Smith and entered the local pound hunts. We hunted David's Nt Ch Jewel and Nt Ch Sadie females and I hunted Nt Ch Max and my Snapper female. Jewel and Max are out of Dual Grand Clear River Jimmy HTX2 and Dual Grand Maxy HTX2 and Snapper is out of Dual Grand Clear River Jimmy HTX2 and Gr Nt Snap HTX. Sadie is a doubled up Vining Bullet bred female. We treed 6 coon and also a few den trees. It was one of the best late December hunts that I have been on. The dogs were getting wooded quick and keeping us busy going to them.

Tyler Bowman also entered the pound hunt and he hunted Bull, out of Dual Grand Jimmy HTX2 and Gr Nt Snap HTX, and Rex who is out of Ohio Valley Blue Diamond Jimmy HTX and Gr Nt Ch Briar Ridge Lil Angel. He also had a good hunt and treed 4 coon.

Mike Elberfeld also entered the pound hunt and hunted Libby, who is out of Ohio Valley Blue Ringo HTX and Mid Ohio Skeeter. Mike had hurt his leg the week before but went ahead and hunted but he only needed one turnout to tree a 20.3 pound coon which is a monster for our area.

All in all it was a good showing for the Blue dogs at the local club the other night when we were keeping score with a .22.

Old Post 12-22-2014 05:29 AM