UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Technology...a double edged sword
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

Wow! And I'm kinda proud that I can break a dog from treeing possums. Well, some dogs sometimes.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-24-2019 01:35 AM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

25 years ago there were approximately 1 million family automobiles on the road in China...today they have 200 million automobiles on the road and many more Chinese families are hoping to own one someday...

Many car owners do not even think about the heat their vehicles put out when driving because they are riding in the comfort of the air conditioning in the cab...and never once giving a second thought of the heat generated for each gallon of fuel burned or the friction created by the moving parts...I wonder how many automobiles are giving off heat across the globe?

Yes...global warming changed to climate change a few years back...and it is true what Redneck Mafia has said...I have done some reading here and there on the various subjects but they haven’t interested me now or in the past on account much of it is a bunch of smoke screens in the hopes of postponing much needed change that is needed right now...

We have the El Niño and La Niña that like clockwork on a regular basis and others I know nothing about I am sure...
major warming and ice age cycles will come and go and there is nothing we can do about it and maybe in some cases we just might be able...we won’t know until the time comes...these changes may be thousands of years away and or in between...
Lower sperm counts have been in the news...there are reasons and theories but that is small potatoes and is something that can be fixed...very doable if it were a do or die situation...

I worked in a big operating plant with different types of engineers and sometimes there were problems hard to diagnose so having strong troubleshooting skills really came in handy...many times I was able to figure out exactly the problem or create a process of elimination of things to do...or at least develop a theory as to what was wrong and then make plans to repair when feasible...lots of times it was re-arrangement of data on charts, resetting ranges and timeframes...and then the answer was easier to diagnose...

Using that experience I created a chart with the average global temperature plotted on chart and then I added the global population to the same chart and adjusted the ranges and timeframe...so I looked for the obvious and the main thing that made sense to me was right there on the chart...I already believed in my theory but then I backed it up with the chart...no...it is not scientific data nor a scientific theory...it is an observation I strongly believe in...

In my opinion we can forget about historical scientific data about global cycles because we can not do much about them...however, we can take the steps needed to turn what is happening right now...it will be near impossible because of human greed...
It is a slow process but folks are starting to see the truth...

Like Forrest Gump said...that’s all I got to say about that...

Old Post 07-24-2019 01:41 AM
Reuben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reuben Click here to Send Reuben a Private Message Click Here to Email Reuben Find more posts by Reuben Add Reuben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Rueben

Common sense alone dictates that increased population has greatly contributed to global climate change. More automobiles polluting the air, more land cleared for housing and food production are just some examples of mankind contributing to the climate change. Now, does the common man have any real power to change these issues? No, not enough to make a real difference, but we can all do what we can, plant a tree, drive less, etc. These issues are complex indeed, but as we learned for every action there is an equal reaction. Growing populations require more food, shelter, transportation, etc. AND ALL of these things contribute to environmental problems such as pollution, etc., to say that increased population has not had anything to do with climate change or global change is just wrong and does not hold merit. Dave

Old Post 07-24-2019 01:57 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

This I just somthing I have always wondered. We all know if you put to many people in a boat it will sink. Do y’all think that as huge city’s are built that putting all that weight in one spot puts to much pressure on the earths surface ?

Tar

Old Post 07-24-2019 02:04 AM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Tarbaby, you need to make a chart. How many people can you put in a boat before it sinks?

Old Post 07-24-2019 12:24 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
Tarbaby, you need to make a chart. How many people can you put in a boat before it sinks?

Most boats got a sticker that tells you lol. I know they shut down a salt water disposal well about 7 miles from me because it was causing earth quakes.

Maybe I’m to big a dummy to comment with the smart people. I only went the the 9th grade I went to the 3rd grade three times.

Tarbaby

Old Post 07-24-2019 12:41 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tar

Now, nobody thinks that you are a big dummy, maybe a midsize dummy at best. Lol. Just kidding, I really think that you have a lot of common sense. Education does not made one smarter , intelligence is not measured by education. Dave

Old Post 07-24-2019 07:34 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

Re: Rueben

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Richards
Common sense alone dictates that increased population has greatly contributed to global climate change. More automobiles polluting the air, more land cleared for housing and food production are just some examples of mankind contributing to the climate change. Now, does the common man have any real power to change these issues? No, not enough to make a real difference, but we can all do what we can, plant a tree, drive less, etc. These issues are complex indeed, but as we learned for every action there is an equal reaction. Growing populations require more food, shelter, transportation, etc. AND ALL of these things contribute to environmental problems such as pollution, etc., to say that increased population has not had anything to do with climate change or global change is just wrong and does not hold merit. Dave

That is the truth...good post

Old Post 07-27-2019 12:29 AM
Reuben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reuben Click here to Send Reuben a Private Message Click Here to Email Reuben Find more posts by Reuben Add Reuben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote