UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Baby Panda Bears !!!!
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Majestic Tree H
UKC Forum Member

Baby Panda Bears !!!!

Our New Batch of Panda Bears !!

10 of the Little Critters !!

The Pop of the Pups !! This Male Stayed with the Dam from when She Started having Contractions till after She had a few Pups .. Nearly 10 hour and He would not leave the Welping area !! We did give him a RawHide to pass the time .. But He had free will to leave her if He wanted to..

I have never seen anything like this !

The Happy Mom after the First Pup Born ... "She Soon Became alittle Overwelmed" and did'nt look so Happy !!

Reese when she was Thin !

540-421-2875

PR, Saltlick's Blue Misty Linga "Bluetick Coonhound"

French X American Hounds

Last edited by Majestic Tree H on 07-13-2011 at 09:42 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-13-2011 03:40 PM
Majestic Tree H is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Majestic Tree H Click here to Send Majestic Tree H a Private Message Click Here to Email Majestic Tree H Visit Majestic Tree H's homepage! Find more posts by Majestic Tree H Add Majestic Tree H to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jason Baldwin
UKC Forum Member

I never seen that before either.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John3:16

Old Post 07-13-2011 05:41 PM
Jason Baldwin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jason Baldwin Click here to Send Jason Baldwin a Private Message Find more posts by Jason Baldwin Add Jason Baldwin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Majestic Tree H
UKC Forum Member

Well he did sleep abit in the next Kennel over with the Wife !! LOL

"Its Called Dedication" !! The Wife Did a great Job thru the Night and the next Day .. While I was at a Night Hunt then Field Trials All the Next day !!

This is the Sire "Frosty" as a Wee Pup

Frosty and His Sire "Boo"

Grand Pop "Boo"

Boo and His Sire Red Hammer

540-421-2875

French X American Hounds

Last edited by Majestic Tree H on 07-13-2011 at 06:20 PM

Old Post 07-13-2011 06:01 PM
Majestic Tree H is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Majestic Tree H Click here to Send Majestic Tree H a Private Message Click Here to Email Majestic Tree H Visit Majestic Tree H's homepage! Find more posts by Majestic Tree H Add Majestic Tree H to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MDBLOODTRACKER
UKC Forum Member

the kids sure do look sharp Steve........Boy, some of the white on those pups looks super bright white.....and I see some blue in there too.......

cell# 443-415-8932

K9-LE-SAR MANHUNTERS

Millers Ally Girl
Millers Red Rosy
Millers Sweet Bean

Millers Majestics
www.millersmajestics.com

FACEBOOK:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mille...9288378?sk=wall

Old Post 07-13-2011 07:56 PM
MDBLOODTRACKER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MDBLOODTRACKER Click here to Send MDBLOODTRACKER a Private Message Click Here to Email MDBLOODTRACKER Visit MDBLOODTRACKER's homepage! Find more posts by MDBLOODTRACKER Add MDBLOODTRACKER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
WHITEBREAD
UKC Forum Member

sir I have to say you have some real good looking hounds wish you was closer id get one congrats on your litter and your hounds

FLORIDA BOY COON HUNT-N

Old Post 07-13-2011 08:41 PM
WHITEBREAD is offline Click Here to See the Profile for WHITEBREAD Click here to Send WHITEBREAD a Private Message Click Here to Email WHITEBREAD Find more posts by WHITEBREAD Add WHITEBREAD to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Majestic Tree H
UKC Forum Member

Their are 3-4 pups that will Look like the Dam's (Reese's)Parrents/Grand Parrents

These are Reese's 4 grand Parrents

Charlemagne

Vickie

Upaco

Capucine

540-421-2875

French X American Hounds

Old Post 07-13-2011 09:36 PM
Majestic Tree H
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by WHITEBREAD
sir I have to say you have some real good looking hounds wish you was closer id get one congrats on your litter and your hounds

I happen to a have a Fellow Coming up from Fl. in the next day or two to pick up some pups and hounds .. If you would like to try one let me know I have some 9 week olds that are ready to roll ..

540-421-2875

French X American Hounds

Old Post 07-14-2011 12:50 AM
chellesboys
UKC Forum Member

you are killing me steve...posting pics of such beautiful dogs & puppies...with killer markings and houndiness :-)

good luck with the new pups...
and keep the pics coming....

Home of the UKC's Most Titled Coonhound
URO2 GRFCH GRWCH FO NITECH CCH GRCH
'PR' Chelle's Heartstop'n Spot "Adonis" HTX (TW)
aka "The Baroo Dog"

URO1 GRFCH CGRCH GRCH 'PR' Chelle's Heartstop'n Rocket Man "Rocket" (TW)
CH PR' Chelle's Heartstop'n Fly Me Courageous "Apollo" (TW)
ZigZag Swag in Mtn Black (feist)

FO GRFCH GRCH 'PR' Chelle's Swash Buckler "Porthos" (RED)
(11/21/95-05/30/09 ~ always & forever, my one)

Old Post 07-14-2011 04:18 PM
chellesboys is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chellesboys Click here to Send chellesboys a Private Message Click Here to Email chellesboys Find more posts by chellesboys Add chellesboys to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Majestic Tree H
UKC Forum Member

They Are VERY Noble and Elegant .. Its no Wonder they were Only Kenneled by Kings and the Highest Nobles .. I just wish in the Near Future when I breed her again that I can Get some Pure Semen out of France !!

Miss C Did you look at the Youtube Video I link to you of the French Tri Colors !!

I really Think you and I need to take a Trip to Europe !!!!!! We would be in Hound Heaven !! All I know is we would need a Thick Wad of CASH .. LOL

Miss C your more than Welcome to any of the Pups out of this Litter .. Their should be a few Nearly Pure French in their ..

In a few years a Male from this litter will be bred to the Grand Blu De Gascone female we have ..

540-421-2875

French X American Hounds

Last edited by Majestic Tree H on 07-14-2011 at 05:30 PM

Old Post 07-14-2011 05:22 PM
chellesboys
UKC Forum Member

i would so love to go to europe & see all the rare hounds in person....

you get some pure french pups & i def want one!

they are sooo pretty - all of them.

aka "The Baroo Dog"

Old Post 07-14-2011 05:44 PM
chellesboys is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chellesboys Click here to Send chellesboys a Private Message Click Here to Email chellesboys Find more posts by chellesboys Add chellesboys to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jthompson
UKC Forum Member

Pretty puppies Steve. Hey did you see this picture of Magnum Jr. at Roberts. Too Funny. He also has a video of the pups on facebook after a coon hide. You will have to watch it.

2013 Performance Sire
NITECH CH 'PR' Yadkin River Cub II
ACHA GRNITECH UKC GRNITECH CH 'PR' Roman's Hardtime Baby Boy
2012 ACHA Virginia State Champion

Old Post 07-14-2011 05:48 PM
jthompson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jthompson Click here to Send jthompson a Private Message Click Here to Email jthompson Find more posts by jthompson Add jthompson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Blackwater Pete
UKC Forum Member

Not to be ignorant but what are these dogs reg. as in ukc ? I sure like the pic of the bitch when she was thin.

Proud member of PKC
Jason Denzer

Old Post 07-14-2011 10:40 PM
Blackwater Pete is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Blackwater Pete Click here to Send Blackwater Pete a Private Message Click Here to Email Blackwater Pete Find more posts by Blackwater Pete Add Blackwater Pete to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Majestic Tree H
UKC Forum Member

The White and Black Hound is UKC " Grand Gascon Saintongeois "

But the Cross is a 5 way cross in 3 generations ... Bloodhound/Treeing Walker/English Coonhound/Bluetick/Saintongeois ..

Kinda Rebuilding the Org. Foundation of the Hounds We have today..

Throw it all back together all up close and See what Sticks !!! This whole liiter will be kept together and Very close to Sort Thru them at a year old or so ..

540-421-2875

French X American Hounds

Old Post 07-14-2011 11:08 PM
Geminite
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Majestic Tree H
The White and Black Hound is UKC " Grand Gascon Saintongeois "

But the Cross is a 5 way cross in 3 generations ... Bloodhound/Treeing Walker/English Coonhound/Bluetick/Saintongeois ..

Kinda Rebuilding the Org. Foundation of the Hounds We have today..

Throw it all back together all up close and See what Sticks !!! This whole liiter will be kept together and Very close to Sort Thru them at a year old or so ..

What kind of hound does this produce, I mean hunting wise? Very cool stuff! And love the pics/dogs!!

Home of:
CH Crystal Springs Dear Darla
Crystal Creeks Dizzy Spell

Proud Handler of:
GRNITECH CH PR Jamie's Trashy Big John
NITECH PR Lifeways Fire Cracker

In Fond Memory of:
NITECH CH PR Jamie's Trashy Hightech Redneck
GRNITECH GRCH PR Morgan's Losses Hills Dawn
GRCH PR Wilkinson's Jebb
NITECH CH PR Gimme Three Steps Mister

Old Post 07-15-2011 01:21 AM
Geminite is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Geminite Click here to Send Geminite a Private Message Click Here to Email Geminite Visit Geminite's homepage! Find more posts by Geminite Add Geminite to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Majestic Tree H
UKC Forum Member

Well The Little "Panda" Critters are Growing !! 1 Week old today

As far as "What Type of Hunting Hound" Were looking for a Hound with all the nose we can pack in !! Then were looking for the Traites of Treeing and Drive from the Walker and English lines.
The French hounds have Great Drive with LOTS of Stick to the Track and Catching Game.
The Blue lines give us alot of lantent French Blood along with the Treeing and Tracking Traits.

The Grand Parents, Aunts, Uncles to This Litter

I Best Plug Gavins Ad Since their His Hounds !!!

http://www.xosha.eu/

540-421-2875

French X American Hounds

Last edited by Majestic Tree H on 07-17-2011 at 03:46 PM

Old Post 07-17-2011 02:40 PM
Majestic Tree H
UKC Forum Member

Thru the late 1800s thru the early 1900s Quite a few French Lines were imported thru New Orleans, La. These hounds lead to the Southern Blueticks and Redticks that then headed to Texas and west to the Dry Grounds for Lion and Bear Control .

Then in the Mid 30s they were added again by Bill Green which inturn were some of the Bluetick and Englich Foundation Hounds ..

These are some of Bill's First Crosses

As in this Story .. Bill kept just what he was added a secret somewhat !! And was Hinting that it was coming from other sources

540-421-2875

French X American Hounds

Old Post 07-17-2011 03:20 PM
branchvillekell
UKC Forum Member

that is so cool, i love that history. keep it coming. pups are awesome, i will have one one day

kelley

CAN YOU SPEAK ENGLISH

Old Post 07-17-2011 04:11 PM
branchvillekell is offline Click Here to See the Profile for branchvillekell Click here to Send branchvillekell a Private Message Click Here to Email branchvillekell Find more posts by branchvillekell Add branchvillekell to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Majestic Tree H
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Kell !!

Here is a Short Video Clip of a late 1930s Bill Green Loading what looks to be some Pure French Hounds .. "Busted" lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeftWsWzig8

Here is a 1940s Ped. The Fairlee Kennel name was Bill Greens Hounds ..

English Reg. !! But the Borders Raider hound in the Ped. is also some Foundation of some Bluetick lines as well !!

Ginger a Redtick 1/2 Sister to Borders Raider was Smokey River Bluetick Foundation as well !!

540-421-2875

French X American Hounds

Last edited by Majestic Tree H on 07-17-2011 at 04:25 PM

Old Post 07-17-2011 04:14 PM
Majestic Tree H
UKC Forum Member

Bill Green with Scout

Mumph with Scout

Bill with Scout Again " I believe Scout was his Fav. Hound "

Saltlick's Frosty ... Sire to the Pups .. He has all the Qty.s I have looked for plus the Proper Breeding to Kick this Off

Well as you can see I have Studied and Studied the Hounds and Breeding of Bill Greens !! Which Being Over 70 years Past Still was able to put alot of Pieces Together of How he made some Great Hounds ..

And all the Reason to Try it myself ...

540-421-2875

French X American Hounds

Old Post 07-18-2011 04:37 PM
branchvillekell
UKC Forum Member

keep it coming, i am printing off everything you put up. i have the utmost respect for you. it gives me a little more on the english.

thanks,
kelley

CAN YOU SPEAK ENGLISH

Old Post 07-18-2011 07:16 PM
branchvillekell is offline Click Here to See the Profile for branchvillekell Click here to Send branchvillekell a Private Message Click Here to Email branchvillekell Find more posts by branchvillekell Add branchvillekell to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Majestic Tree H
UKC Forum Member

Well the Little Critters are 2 weeks old today... They get their first Worming !! The Dam was wormed from her 40th day of preg. till 3 days after welping .. 7cc of Safeguard daily as Reconmended .. This is a new worming program for us cuz we have had a battle with round worms this year in pups.

This is another Video of Bill Greens Hounds .. This is from a Color 8 Prior to World War II .. Bill Enlisted into the War Effort and Traveled for the Army to Buy Dogs for Military Action.. Color Film was avb. from 1938 to 1943 when they went back to black and white cuz the Lack of Chem. required for Color Film .. 1 year after the war Color Film was avb. again.
When Bill went into the Army he ask some fokes to take care of his hound for him "Well this Deal went south when Bill got out after the war" These Guys Wanted a very Large sum of Money for Keeping his Hounds... Bill just said keep them..

After the War He no longer had many of the Hounds shown in this Clip ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdcGYq-hiMk

If you would like to See the Whole History of Bill Green their is 22 page of info on the Man at this link .. It was pieced together From Info Provided by Many !! But Most of All His Grand Son John Green "Big Game Houndsmen Walking in his Grandfathers Shoes" Plus John has All the Bill Green Videos on DVD and Seasons of His Bear and Lion Hunts too...

http://www.biggamehoundsmen.com/for...en&start=15

540-421-2875

French X American Hounds

Last edited by Majestic Tree H on 07-23-2011 at 01:31 PM

Old Post 07-23-2011 12:56 PM
chellesboys
UKC Forum Member

they are soooooo cute!!!!
you are killing me!!!

aka "The Baroo Dog"

Old Post 07-23-2011 01:33 PM
Majestic Tree H
UKC Forum Member

Like I said Miss "C" we'll get you some French !! One Way or another

But The Pups Should Look Like These ...

540-421-2875

French X American Hounds

Old Post 07-23-2011 02:13 PM
Majestic Tree H
UKC Forum Member

This is a 1941 Letter from Bill to "Whitty" Carroll that was in Full Cry

540-421-2875

French X American Hounds

Old Post 07-23-2011 03:19 PM
Majestic Tree H
UKC Forum Member

FCI-Standard N° 21/ 03. 10. 1996 / GB

GREAT GASCON SAINTONGEOIS
(Grand Gascon Saintongeois)

TRANSLATION : Mrs. Peggy Davis.

ORIGIN : France.

DATE OF PUBLICATION OF THE ORIGINAL VALID STANDARD : 24.01.1996.

UTILIZATION : Scenthound used for shooting (driving game to waiting guns), and sometimes for coursing, (persuing big game to death) but also hare hunting, generally in a pack or individually as tracking hound.

CLASSIFICATION F.C.I. : Group 6 Scenthounds.
Section 1.1 Large-sized Hounds.
With working trial.

BRIEF HISTORICAL SUMMARY : In the middle of the 19th century, the Count Joseph de Carayon-Latour wanting to regenerate the declining breed of the Hound of Saintonge, crossed the last descendants with the Bleu de Gascogne of the Baron de Ruble, thus creating the Gascon Saintongeois, but causing the disappearance of the Hound of Saintonge.

GENERAL APPEARANCE : Very well constructed dog, giving at once an impression of strength and elegance. Very French in type when it comes to the head, the coat and the expression.

BEHAVIOUR/TEMPERAMENT :
Behaviour : Pre-eminently «Chien d'ordre» (pack hound), fine nose, enterprising, endowed with a very sonorous voice. Instinctively a pack hound.
Temperament : Calm; obeys orders easily.

HEAD

CRANIAL REGION :
Skull : Seen from the front, domed and rather narrow; the occipital protuberance is well marked; seen from above, the back of the skull is of pronounced ogival shape.
Stop : Only slightly accentuated.

FACIAL REGION :
Nose : Black; well developed; nostrils well opened.
Muzzle : Of equal length to that of the skull; strong nasal bridge, slightly arched.
Lips : Just covering the lower jaw; corner of the lips discreet.
Jaws/Teeth : Scissor bite. Incisors well set square to the jaws.
Cheeks : Lean.
Eyes : Oval shape; brown. Gentle and trusting expression.
Leathers : They are fine, well curled in and should, at least, reach the end of the nose; set on below the eye level and attached rather backwards, leaving the skull free.

NECK : Of medium length and thickness. Slightly arched; very slight dewlap.

BODY :
Back : Very firm, without excess in the length.
Loin : Slightly arched, quite muscular.
Croup : Of good width, rather horizontal.
Chest : Broad, long; let down to elbow level. Forechest quite broad. Ribs slightly rounded and long.
Flank : Quite long, slightly tucked up.

TAIL : Well set on; tapering well to the tip, reaching the point of the hock. Carried elegantly, sabre blade style.

LIMBS

FOREQUARTERS :
View of the ensemble : Powerful.
Shoulder : Quite long, muscular; moderately oblique.
Elbow : Close to body.
Forearm : Strong bone structure.

HINDQUARTERS :
View of the ensemble : Well proportioned.
Upper thigh : Long and well muscled.
Hock : Broad, slightly bent; well let down.

FEET : Slightly elongated oval, toes lean and tight. Pads and nails black.

GAIT / MOVEMENT : Regular and easy.

SKIN : Supple and not too thick. White with black patches. Mucous membranes (hairless zones) black.

COAT

HAIR : Short and dense.

COLOUR : The basic colour is white marked with black patches, sometimes speckled. Two black patches are generally placed at either side of the head, covering the leathers, surrounding the eyes and stopping at the cheeks. The cheeks are tan in colour, preferably pale. Two characteristic tan markings placed above the superciliary arches give a «quatroeillé» appearance. We also find traces of tan on the inner face of the leathers and in speckles along the legs. Some fawn hairs may appear on the upper part of the leather without however giving the head a tricolour appearance. Sometimes there is at the base of the upper thigh a typical dead-leaf brown marking called «roe buck mark» (colour roe buck).

SIZE :
Height at the withers : Males : 65 to 72 cm.
Females : 62 to 68 cm.

FAULTS : Any departure from the foregoing points should be considered a fault and the seriousness with which the fault should be regarded should be in exact proportion to its degree.
Lack of substance.
Bone structure insufficiently developed.
Head short.
Skull broad.
Leathers short, high set.
Slack (soft) back.
Drooping croup.
Deviated tail.
Shoulder too sloping or too straight.
Cow hocks, seen from behind.
Splayed feet.
Absence of tan markings.
Timid subject.

ELIMINATING FAULTS :
Frightened or aggressive subject.
Lack of type.
Serious anatomical malformation.
Visible disabling (invalidating) defect.
Over- or undershot mouth.
Light eyes.
Any other coat than that indicated in the standard.

Any dog clearly showing physical or behavioural abnormalities shall be disqualified.

N.B. : Male animals should have two apparently normal testicles fully descended into the scrotum.

540-421-2875

French X American Hounds

Old Post 07-24-2011 04:10 PM