UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Treeing Walkers > Tribute to the Original Johnson's Banjo
Pages (7): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
HistoryNutt
UKC Forum Member

Re: LIPPER?

quote:
Originally posted by Hawkeye fan
Any pictures of this great hound?

Come on Man this is a Banjo thread. lol

Here is some links to Lipper and his offspring.

http://finleyriverchief.forumotion....e-lipper-strain

http://finleyriverchief.forumotion....-pups-of-lipper

http://www.finleyriverchief.com

Sites I like to visit that have a lot of information:

A Lot Of Old Pictures And Ads

http://finleyriverchief.forumotion.net

Register On The Above Forum To See A Lot More Old Pictures And Ads.
There are more that you can't access unless registered.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-15-2012 09:14 PM
HistoryNutt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HistoryNutt Click here to Send HistoryNutt a Private Message Click Here to Email HistoryNutt Visit HistoryNutt's homepage! Find more posts by HistoryNutt Add HistoryNutt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: QUIZ QUESTION

quote:
Originally posted by Bobby Reynolds
No secrets!!!

Just know the man who knows the most detailed information that I ever have heard on the subject. He knows the parents as well as grandparents of old Banjo.

He is also the man who made the Hillbilly Mac. Rock River Banjo, Beaver Lake Magic crosses that I always see so many of you post on here about. I trained alot of the dogs that I see metioned on here all the time. The original Gump, Star, Cry, Rock River Banjos Bing, Mac, Queenie, and several others. I love to read about dogs that I hunted, or freinds around here hunted. I remember several of them as pups when Bill sent them to my house to be started.
In my opinion, Bill Reddick never got the credit he deserved for making those crosses. They are they foundation of what alot of the Hillbilly Mac, Banjo lines today being promoted.

My favorite was the CRY female tho. She was something special. She ended her life in the kennels of Archie Dore. Another smart breeder of that line of dogs.
Cry was a littermate to Forrest Wood Dan.

Bobby you are right when you say Mr. Reddick doesn't get enough credit for his work !

Gold Life member of G.P.A.A. #257936
Member of The Lost Dutchman's Mining Association #02890729

Old Post 11-16-2012 04:53 PM
chuck west is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chuck west Click here to Send chuck west a Private Message Find more posts by chuck west Add chuck west to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bobby Reynolds
UKC Forum Member

For reasons I will not try to explain, Mr Reddick went to breeding Plotts. And wouldn't you know, He had the top reproducing Plott Studs for a while. Their names are Simba(RIP) and cowboy who is still reproducing awesome pups. I would say Bill knows a little about breeding. I think Cowboy is still in the top 5.

Old Post 11-16-2012 05:45 PM
Bobby Reynolds is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bobby Reynolds Click here to Send Bobby Reynolds a Private Message Click Here to Email Bobby Reynolds Find more posts by Bobby Reynolds Add Bobby Reynolds to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

quote:
No secrets!!!

Just know the man who knows the most detailed information that I ever have heard on the subject. He knows the parents as well as grandparents of old Banjo.

He is also the man who made the Hillbilly Mac. Rock River Banjo, Beaver Lake Magic crosses that I always see so many of you post on here about. I trained alot of the dogs that I see metioned on here all the time. The original Gump, Star, Cry, Rock River Banjos Bing, Mac, Queenie, and several others. I love to read about dogs that I hunted, or freinds around here hunted. I remember several of them as pups when Bill sent them to my house to be started.
In my opinion, Bill Reddick never got the credit he deserved for making those crosses. They are they foundation of what alot of the Hillbilly Mac, Banjo lines today being promoted.

My favorite was the CRY female tho. She was something special. She ended her life in the kennels of Archie Dore. Another smart breeder of that line of dogs.

BTT for the Banjo line .!!

Old Post 11-20-2012 01:14 AM
chuck west is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chuck west Click here to Send chuck west a Private Message Find more posts by chuck west Add chuck west to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

Re: HOUSE'S STALLION

quote:
Originally posted by HistoryNutt

CHAMPION NITE CHAMPION HOUSE'S STALLION

Was Houses Dancer a litter mate to Stallion ?? Do you have any pics of Good Night Irene ??

Old Post 11-21-2012 08:32 PM
HistoryNutt
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: HOUSE'S STALLION

quote:
Originally posted by chuck west
Was Houses Dancer a litter mate to Stallion ?? Do you have any pics of Good Night Irene ??
No Dancer and Cole's Cache River Rebel were littermates. Both being out of Merchant's Banjo II and House's Queen. Stallion was out of old Banjo and Merchant's Sue who was out of Merchant's Bugler.. Joe Don sold him. Don't think so on Irene.

http://www.finleyriverchief.com

Sites I like to visit that have a lot of information:

A Lot Of Old Pictures And Ads

http://finleyriverchief.forumotion.net

Register On The Above Forum To See A Lot More Old Pictures And Ads.
There are more that you can't access unless registered.

Old Post 11-21-2012 09:20 PM
HistoryNutt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HistoryNutt Click here to Send HistoryNutt a Private Message Click Here to Email HistoryNutt Visit HistoryNutt's homepage! Find more posts by HistoryNutt Add HistoryNutt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lee Currens Jr.
Banned

Re: ENLOE'S LAREDO

quote:

ENLOE'S LAREDO

pops said this dog was for real.they treed 3 coons in topeka with him maybe the biggest he ever treed

Old Post 11-21-2012 11:24 PM
Lee Currens Jr. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lee Currens Jr. Click here to Send Lee Currens Jr. a Private Message Find more posts by Lee Currens Jr. Add Lee Currens Jr. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by BGathright

If you guys read the magazine article ,,You'll see a female that's mentioned winning the grade part of the hunt,,, her name was Barb,,, Darby Creek Barb matter of fact. Now you think whats that all about ,well check out Lippers ped ,far enough back she's there . Patted the old girl on the head on different occasions many years ago !

Old Post 11-28-2012 07:34 PM
Ray Walburn
UKC Forum Member

historynutt

I have a pup that goes back to handsome hank world champ. I belive is old house blood you have a pics of him

Thanks

I forgive people but that doesn't mean I accept their behavior or trust them I forgive them 4 me, so I can let go and move on with my life

"The best revenge is massive success." #FrankSinatra

People who are INTIMIDATED by you talk bad about you with hopes that others wont find you as appealing!

You have Enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. Winston Churchill

Old Post 11-28-2012 07:50 PM
Ray Walburn is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ray Walburn Click here to Send Ray Walburn a Private Message Find more posts by Ray Walburn Add Ray Walburn to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bobby Reynolds
UKC Forum Member

quote:
No secrets!!!

Bill Reddick also handled dogs for Mr Ritchie in the hunts.

Old Post 11-29-2012 04:42 PM
Bobby Reynolds is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bobby Reynolds Click here to Send Bobby Reynolds a Private Message Click Here to Email Bobby Reynolds Find more posts by Bobby Reynolds Add Bobby Reynolds to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dan D.
UKC Forum Member

mr west

could the littermate to banjo have been a black dog named robersons little deacon?

Old Post 11-29-2012 05:46 PM
Dan D. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dan D. Click here to Send Dan D. a Private Message Click Here to Email Dan D. Find more posts by Dan D. Add Dan D. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lee Currens Jr.
Banned

how did the kaw river strain come off banjo?

Old Post 11-29-2012 10:33 PM
Lee Currens Jr. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lee Currens Jr. Click here to Send Lee Currens Jr. a Private Message Find more posts by Lee Currens Jr. Add Lee Currens Jr. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

quote:
That is what the rumor is. I heard that the Black & Tan might have been responsible for some Tennessee Black and Tans.
We got a few guys asking about the B&T in the Banjo history , So get to work History Nutt ,,,lol,,where you hiding at now ?

Old Post 11-30-2012 12:49 AM
Bobby Reynolds
UKC Forum Member

quote:
That is what the rumor is. I heard that the Black & Tan might have been responsible for some Tennessee Black and Tans.

Don't know about a B & T coming out of Banjo's litter, but I do know that Bawlie had a littermate that was B & T.

Mr Reddick is getting out of the hospital tomorrow and I am going for a visit. I will dig into his brain a little and get my memory refreshed a little.

Last edited by Bobby Reynolds on 11-30-2012 at 12:56 AM

Old Post 11-30-2012 12:54 AM
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

Good deal Bobby . And I think you right about the B&T being in Bawlies litter .

Old Post 11-30-2012 01:00 AM
Bobby Reynolds
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Good deal Bobby . And I think you right about the B&T being in Bawlies litter .

I am almost positive Bawlie had a B & T littermate. Another good source of info on this subject is Carl Sparlin. He had pups from both litters. I will see what I can find out.

Old Post 11-30-2012 01:04 AM
Bobby Reynolds
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Lee Currens Jr.
how did the kaw river strain come off banjo?

Johnsons Banjo produced Houses Cheif.
Houses Cheif produced Kaw River Cheif

Old Post 11-30-2012 03:01 AM
Bryan K Webb
UKC Forum Member

When i asked about the black dog in Banjo's litter i was wrong it came from Bawlie's litter.
Sorry for any misconception.

Old Post 11-30-2012 04:47 PM
Bryan K Webb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bryan K Webb Click here to Send Bryan K Webb a Private Message Click Here to Email Bryan K Webb Find more posts by Bryan K Webb Add Bryan K Webb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Don't know about a B & T coming out of Banjo's litter, but I do know that Bawlie had a littermate that was B & T.

Mr Reddick is getting out of the hospital tomorrow and I am going for a visit. I will dig into his brain a little and get my memory refreshed a little.

Bobby ,Did you get to visit your old friend ? Boys would i ever like to set in on that conversation . Man ought to get some video of him talking of the history .

Old Post 11-30-2012 08:13 PM
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

Re: mr west

quote:
Originally posted by Dan D.
could the littermate to banjo have been a black dog named robersons little deacon?
I can't say for sure,,I'm not a B&T man ,, But i do remember the Deacon dog ,Sticks in my mind he was single registered .

Old Post 11-30-2012 08:21 PM
Bobby Reynolds
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Bobby ,Did you get to visit your old friend ? Boys would i ever like to set in on that conversation . Man ought to get some video of him talking of the history .

Chuck, you should just come for a hunt and visit with him and I.
He won't be home till late afternoon so I will let him get settled and talk to him tomorrow. He said he is looking forward to the visit. He has been in hospital for the last 11 days.

Last edited by Bobby Reynolds on 11-30-2012 at 09:23 PM

Old Post 11-30-2012 09:21 PM
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

Bobby I'll take you up on the invitation ,But I don't see it happening to quickly . All the Holidays coming up and I've several Dr.s to go see this month coming ,,saw 2 yesterday ,,,lol,But we will get together soon . Thank You !

Old Post 11-30-2012 09:38 PM
Bobby Reynolds
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Bobby I'll take you up on the invitation ,But I don't see it happening to quickly . All the Holidays coming up and I've several Dr.s to go see this month coming ,,saw 2 yesterday ,,,lol,But we will get together soon . Thank You !

No problem Chuck, be glad to have you....

Old Post 11-30-2012 11:02 PM
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

quote:

Bobby i forgot to ask you on the phone ,Have you seen or talked to Mr. Reddick yet ??

Old Post 12-06-2012 11:51 PM
Bobby Reynolds
UKC Forum Member

Chuck, he was only home for 1 day and went right back in. Poor guy is really having a tuff time.

Old Post 12-07-2012 05:50 AM