UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > New rule proposal.
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
yadkintar
Banned

New rule proposal.

If you whoop out the thermal and dont find the coon it’s a automatic minus strike and tree.

Tar

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-22-2020 02:14 AM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tar

Dang right, as it should be, no coon equals minus points. Lol. Dave

Old Post 08-22-2020 03:38 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pamjohnson
UKC Forum Member

I 2nd that

Old Post 08-22-2020 02:00 PM
pamjohnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pamjohnson Click here to Send pamjohnson a Private Message Click Here to Email pamjohnson Find more posts by pamjohnson Add pamjohnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

They already have a rule. If you whoop out the thermal, you are scratched.

Old Post 08-22-2020 02:23 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

Last year a friend of mine showed me the one he owns...never seen one until then and it was phenomenal...it cost about 6000 bucks...one of the first things I thought was...it would be an excellent tool for competition coon hunting...

The one I was looking through had the ability to make everything cool look white and the higher heat object look black...but by far everything cooler black and higher heat objects to glow white...awesome technology

Old Post 08-22-2020 02:26 PM
Reuben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reuben Click here to Send Reuben a Private Message Click Here to Email Reuben Find more posts by Reuben Add Reuben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jkidd1
UKC Forum Member

Dang it Richard, I was Gona post that lol!!

JEREMY KIDD
765-520-1552

*females*
GRNITECH' JR'S JANEY
(Xjr X Insane Jane)

GRNITECH ST. JOHN'S STYLISH REX
(Ol south stylish Rebel X Janey)

GRNITECH' AFTER DARK'S JAN-IT
(Sweat It X Janey)

DUAL GRNITE' LONETREE LEGEND (R.I.P.)
(Noct. Style X Southern Sky)

GRNITECH' STYLISH LITTLE PEG(R.I.P.)
(Trackman X Browns Little Peg)

GRNITECH 'PR' JANEY'S GOTTA GUN
(Wild Card X Jr's Janey)

NITECH ‘PR’ REBELS STYLISH MOJA
(Ol Souths Stylish Rebel X Janey)

AFTER DARK’S PURDY PENNY
(Big $$ X Janit)

NITECH' SEVEN MILE SLOOPY(R.I.P.)
(Skipper x Big time Trixie)

Proud UNION JOURNEYMAN LINEMAN
https://i.postimg.cc/654pWfzm/IMG-1920.png
I.B.E.W. LOCAL 1393

Old Post 08-22-2020 03:07 PM
jkidd1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jkidd1 Click here to Send jkidd1 a Private Message Click Here to Email jkidd1 Find more posts by jkidd1 Add jkidd1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

If the big players want them they will get them.

Show me the money !!!!

Tar

Old Post 08-22-2020 03:17 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
2nd Mac
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
They already have a rule. If you whoop out the thermal, you are scratched.
I know of some of the Professional boys that use them. Supposedly just to locate them but they supposedly have to actually see the coon.

Old Post 08-22-2020 06:20 PM
2nd Mac is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 2nd Mac Click here to Send 2nd Mac a Private Message Find more posts by 2nd Mac Add 2nd Mac to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
novicane65
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by 2nd Mac
I know of some of the Professional boys that use them. Supposedly just to locate them but they supposedly have to actually see the coon.

Yep, even if you find it with the thermal you still have to show the judge the coon. So it only helps you narrow down where to look.

And
Partners on a few common trashy young dogs

Gone but not forgotten

GrNtCh, PKC Ch Hillbilly Bildo
Pr Broken Oaks Wild Blue Gypsy

Old Post 08-22-2020 06:36 PM
novicane65 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for novicane65 Click here to Send novicane65 a Private Message Click Here to Email novicane65 Find more posts by novicane65 Add novicane65 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

It’s kinda like the garmin deal all they got to do is tell the kc they want to be a sponsor and boom they are in.

Tar

Old Post 08-22-2020 06:36 PM
novicane65
UKC Forum Member

I agree. Now where a thermal doesn't work is if a coon is inside a den tree and not close to the hole. But I agree if you look through the thermal and don't find the coon and don't find a hole it should be minus both ways. No relying on circle points. Its either there or its not.

And
Partners on a few common trashy young dogs

Gone but not forgotten

GrNtCh, PKC Ch Hillbilly Bildo
Pr Broken Oaks Wild Blue Gypsy

Old Post 08-22-2020 06:44 PM
novicane65 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for novicane65 Click here to Send novicane65 a Private Message Click Here to Email novicane65 Find more posts by novicane65 Add novicane65 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

Don't need thermal

Just need a coon hating monkey with a pistol. Only thing he hated worst was...

Old Post 08-22-2020 09:03 PM
nextcoonhunters is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nextcoonhunters Click here to Send nextcoonhunters a Private Message Find more posts by nextcoonhunters Add nextcoonhunters to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tim Green
UKC Forum Member

Hunters should be able to use any technology they have to assist in locating the quarry....I say quarry, because some of these pot lickers are not after coons 80% of the time....lol.

Old Post 08-22-2020 09:41 PM
Tim Green is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tim Green Click here to Send Tim Green a Private Message Click Here to Email Tim Green Find more posts by Tim Green Add Tim Green to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lblhunter
UKC Forum Member

I'm a firm believer if it is there you can find the coon a very very high percentage of the time. The best thermal imager you can have is the dog snapped to your leash. No amount of technology gonna help ole slick
I can see it being useful if allowed in night huntd

Last edited by lblhunter on 08-22-2020 at 10:53 PM

Old Post 08-22-2020 10:38 PM
lblhunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lblhunter Click here to Send lblhunter a Private Message Find more posts by lblhunter Add lblhunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

Re: Don't need thermal

quote:
Originally posted by nextcoonhunters
Just need a coon hating monkey with a pistol. Only thing he hated worst was...

I believe it was...a lying dog!

Old Post 08-23-2020 12:24 AM
Reuben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reuben Click here to Send Reuben a Private Message Click Here to Email Reuben Find more posts by Reuben Add Reuben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pamjohnson
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by novicane65
I agree. Now where a thermal doesn't work is if a coon is inside a den tree and not close to the hole. But I agree if you look through the thermal and don't find the coon and don't find a hole it should be minus both ways. No relying on circle points. Its either there or its not.
x2 no relying on circle pts

Old Post 08-23-2020 01:54 AM
pamjohnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pamjohnson Click here to Send pamjohnson a Private Message Click Here to Email pamjohnson Find more posts by pamjohnson Add pamjohnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
las123
UKC Forum Member

thermal

i am all for using it,but still have to see it with naked eye.but if all cast members say it is ok,then has to be used on every tree made not just by 1 person dog.also must allow judge to use it.

Old Post 09-06-2020 01:25 PM
las123 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for las123 Click here to Send las123 a Private Message Click Here to Email las123 Find more posts by las123 Add las123 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Josh Michaelis
UKC Forum Member

If you've ever been on a cast with another handler using a thermal you'll definitely understand that..............

It's not a big deal.

Old Post 09-06-2020 01:36 PM
Josh Michaelis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Josh Michaelis Click here to Send Josh Michaelis a Private Message Click Here to Email Josh Michaelis Find more posts by Josh Michaelis Add Josh Michaelis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote