UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Blueticks: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Southern Bluetick Kennel
Pages (82): « First ... « 61 62 [63] 64 65 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

HUNT

I took Belle to a UKC hunt Friday night. Didn't do any good. We had a dead cast. We did see one coon but it was about 5 trees down the creek from where we were treed.

Drake and I hunted last night for a while. First drop we cut Dolly and Nails up a small branch headed into a good hardwood hollow. Dolly struck quick follow by Nails. They moved the track up the branch about 300yds and Dolly loaded up treed. Nails backed her and treed good. He is 10mths old and that is the best I have seen him tree. I think he going to put it together soon. He is out of GrNtCh Pr Mosley's Blue Boomer. Boomer is out of Dual Grand Molsey's Blue Gritt (littermate to Lonnie's Clyde dog). His mother is out of NtCh Bull Shoals King Saul who is out of Smokey River Jeans Blue Tramp. Next drop we cut Belle and Sledge loose in a small bottom where I have a feeder out. They hunted out about 150 yds and Belle came out of the woods. I went to load her up and she ran up the road. I was slightly frustrated at her. Sledge was still in the bottom hunting. Belle soon opened up the paved road at 250 yds and started treeing. We walked up the road and she was treed on a possum. I scolded her and put her in the box. Sledge soon came out and we loaded up and moved. We decided to just cut the young dogs loose last and cut Sledge and Nails up a creek bottom. Sledge struck quick and Nails joined him. It was a good track and they hit the creek and crossed under the road. It was a good track and they were moving it good. They got about 400yds up the ditch and it gets really deep. We walked along to keep fairly close. They got to a spot with deep banks and it fell apart on them. We let them work for a long time but they couldn't get it going. Both came out into a field and we caught them up. We cut them loose again in the same bottom but they kept going to the road and trying to cross. We called it a night. I got hit by a copperhead on my boot so the shoulderless creatures are crawling. I warped him across his head with the dog leash and he ain't gone be crawling around anymore!! Y'all Keep'em Lookin' Up!!

HOME OF:
GrChGrNtCh PR Southern Blue S&H’s Goose (Sparks&Hollis)
GrChGrNtCh PR Southern Blue Hardwood Cotton
GrNtCh PR Mose's Pink Floyd ( Co-Owned with Scott V)
Ch GrNtCh PR Frost Hollow Strap
ChNtCh PR Southern Blue Hardwood Dolly
ChGrNtCh PR Southern Blue Spanky ( Hollis & Hollis)
PR Southern Blue Cobb (NtChCh Uchtmans Andy x Ratliffs Blue Tell)
PR Southern Blue Betsy (Goose x Dual Grand Cotton)
(REST IN PEACE)
GrNtChGrCh PR Southern Blue Moonshine
GrNtChGrCh PR Southern Blue Frostbite
NtChGrCh PR Southern Blue Queen
NtChGrCh PR Blue Eyes Blue Jessie
NtCh PR Southern Frost Hollow Blue Bell(BB)
NtCh PR Southern Blue Hammer
NtCh PR Hollis' Southern Blue Maggie
NtCh PR Hollis' Bull Mtn. Pearl
GrCh PR Southern Blue Jet
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler
GrChGrNtCh PR Lovell’s Smokey River Blue Ann

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-30-2018 01:55 PM
Darren Hollis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Darren Hollis Click here to Send Darren Hollis a Private Message Click Here to Email Darren Hollis Find more posts by Darren Hollis Add Darren Hollis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Darren

sounds like you are keeping them in the woods, that's the way to do it. Watch out for those snakes, this will probably be a good year for them. Take care.

Old Post 05-30-2018 09:52 PM
Misty river is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Misty river Click here to Send Misty river a Private Message Click Here to Email Misty river Find more posts by Misty river Add Misty river to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

Mr. Jack

I’m staying on them Mr. Jack. I hope hard hunting and worn out boots will pay off for me. These ole bottoms are full of snakes. I know you have lots of them over there in your neck of the woods too. I just knock’em in the head with a stick and move on!!

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 05-31-2018 01:32 AM
Darren Hollis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Darren Hollis Click here to Send Darren Hollis a Private Message Click Here to Email Darren Hollis Find more posts by Darren Hollis Add Darren Hollis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

hunt

Drake and I hunted last night and it sure wasn't the greatest hunt. First drop we cut Belle and Nails loose in a swampy bottom. They got about 250 yds in and Nails struck and started trailing. They moved a track down a small creek that runs the bottom. At about 450yds Belle locates and Nails starts locating as well. Belle would never roll it over and continued down the bottom. They were struggling to move the track and seemed hung up. I looked at my watch and it was 10:00. I moved around the field about 300yds and cut Dolly and Sledge loose the other direction. Dolly struck and Sledge put in with her. They were not on a good track either. Sledge located with 3 long locates but didn't stick it. Dolly and Sledge soon got about 500yds in some water and rough stuff. I could hear Nails opening every once in awhile down the bottom. Belle located and started treeing so we got in the truck and moved back down the bottom. She and Nails were about 700yds in but she hushed and I heard Nails opening deeper. We just pulled in between both sets of dogs and waited. Dolly and Sledge had worked out of the bad stuff and had gotten in some good timber. Dolly loaded up treed and we drove around and went down an old road. I got within 200yds of her and we walked in to her tree. Sledge came in about the same time we got there but didn't tree on it. It was a huge tree and we couldn't see it very well. I couldn't find the coon so we headed back around closer to Belle and Nails. They were not opening at all and it was 12:30 am. I drove to about 200yds from them and we walked in thru a cutover and finally called them to us. We rolled into the house at 1:30am. This is the time of year that will separate the real hunters from the pretenders lol!! I sort of feel like a pretender this morning HA HA @!!
Y'all Keep'em Lookin' UP!!

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 06-01-2018 01:17 PM
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

HUNT

Me and My daughter hunted Saturday night. Dolly is in heat. Cotton is in heat, gotta love hunting these females. We took Belle, Sledge and Goose. Goose hasn't been hunted much the last few months and we wanted to see what he had to offer. We cut him alone and he didn't leave real hard but soon went on hunting. He struck a track at about 300yds and started working it. He drifted out good and soon crossed the creek. He was headed toward a small road and it is bad on the other side. I caught him up coming down a ditch. Next drop we cut Belle, Sledge and Goose up a small bottom. Sledge struck at about 150 yds up the bottom. Goose opened a couple times and let out 3 huge locates and started hammering a tree. Belle backed him. Sledge was still working down the bottom. It was a huge tree and I couldn't see much of it. I recut Belle and Goose towards Sledge. Goose struck and peeled to the left up in the hills. He drifted out on the track and loaded up at 500yds. I made my way to him and he was on a big den tree. I loaded him up and Belle soon located and treed. She didn't tree very well and when we got within 40 yds of her she left and went back 400yds to where we had cut loose. We drove back down there and she left out and headed back to where she had treed but wasn't saying anything. Sledge soon came out to the truck and I loaded him up. After about 30 minutes I moved around the road and cut Goose and Sledge loose up a ditch. They went 800yds up the ditch but never struck. I caught them up and went back to try to get Belle. It sure wasn't a great night but we going to stay on them. Y'all Keep'em Lookin' Up!!

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 06-05-2018 01:58 PM
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

HUNT

I hunted by myself last night. I took Goose and Sledge. First drop I cut Goose in a swamp bottom that has a lot of blackberry bushes growing in the edge of it where timber has been cut. Goose hunted out good and went 850yds thru the bottom and came out on a logging road. He was about to get into about 1000 acres of 2 year old cutover and I caught him up. Next drop I cut Sledge alone up a creek bottom where I have a feeder. He hunted out about 250 yds and circled back to the road. I led him on down the creek and recut him. He followed the creek to the road and I loaded him up. Last drop I cut Goose and Sledge together. Sledge struck in at about 250 yds and Goose opened a couple times with him. Sledge was working around a small slash and I soon heard Goose open twice at about 500yds and loaded up treed. I made my way to him. He had the meat and Sledge soon came into the tree. The coon was nervous and I started shaking some bushes and it bailed out. Sledge was not leashed and almost caught it on the ground. I cut Goose and they ran the snot out of that coon. The coon circled back within 25yds of where Goose treed him and Goose loaded up treed again. I got to him and the ole coon had came back to his den tree. I bet he had some hairs missing off his tail because they were putting the pressure on him. It was 11:30 so I called it a night. Y'all Keep'em Lookin' Up!!

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 06-06-2018 01:44 PM
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

HUNT

Drake and I hunted Thursday night and it was not a great hunt. We took Nails, Belle and Goose. We cut all 3 dogs up a creek bottom right at dark. Nails struck followed by Goose. It was not a good track at all. Dogs worked down the bottom for 600yds and we moved around to get closer. Goose finally gave me a half-hearted locate and treed but sure didn't sound right. Nails was locating but really not treeing. Belle had opened a couple times but had not heard much from her. We got to Goose and he was barking in the creek bank in a hole that ran up under some big rocks. Nails was running back and forth winding and locating but couldn't find where the coon was located. Belle slipped by me and came out on a powerline and ran up the powerline 800yds. She never got struck or treed and I moved around and walked in and finally caught her up. We called it a night.

Drake, Jenna Kay and I hunted Saturday night. First drop we cut Sledge, Goose, and Nails loose down a hardwood hollow. Dogs hunted out about 500 yds and Sledge and Nails struck and were trailing around. Goose circled out and went 750 yds the other direction and struck. Sledge and Nails came out on a logging road and we caught them and moved around where Goose had gone. He was drifting out on a track and soon loaded up treed at about 550 yds. He had gotten in a rough area with lots of blackberries. We had to climb a huge hill and he was treed in the edge of a cutover in a large oak that had been damaged by a storm or high wind. After about 10 minutes I finally got the coon to look. I kept moving around and beating down briars til I finally found him again and rolled him out to Goose. Goose had gotten hot and so had we. We made our way out and moved to the bottom where there was some water. We cut all 3 loose and Sledge struck a track but Goose wouldn't have anything to do with it. He went the other direction about 200yds but soon came in and didn't hunt well. Sledge soon located and started trying to tree in the edge of a field. I headed to him but he left. I soon spotted a possum and he was very close to it according to my Garmin. We caught up sledge and Nails and called it a night. It has been sweltering hot here and is rough on dogs and hunters alike. Y'all keep'em Lookin Up!!

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 06-11-2018 12:53 PM
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

HUNT

My 9 yr old daughter Jenna Kay went hunting with me last night. It was not a good night at all. We cut Belle, Sledge and Goose into a cutover filled with blackberries that runs parallel to a nice little hardwood bottom. Goose circled out of the cutover and I resent him. He circled out again and I loaded him in the box. Sledge came out and I cut him back in and he went on hunting. It was pretty rough and dogs didn't hunt well. Sledge soon struck and Belle opened with him a few times. Sledge ended up getting treed and Belle came in but only opened sporadically. I beat down the briars and bushes so we could get to Sledge. He was treed up a small tree full of blackberries but no coon. I wasn't too disappointed in him because he has not been getting treed. I was glad to see him loaded up even though it was slick. We got Sledge and Belle loaded up and moved. We cut Goose , Sledge and Belle down a hardwood hollow that runs next to a pipeline. Goose left out hard and went left. Sledge and Belle went right. Silence...……………. Goose was soon 8/10's of a mile and lost communication. We drove around and finally picked him back up coming down a drain that crosses a gravel road. We caught him back up and went back around to Sledge and Belle. They still had not struck and had came back close to where I cut them. Sledge finally came out and I loaded him up. Belle was 50 yds and I called her. She has been very aggravating to catch if the dogs don't get treed. She started going the other way so I moved around to try to get closer. I got within 60 yds of her and started walking in to catch her and she left out and hit the pipeline. She was covering ground fast down the pipeline. I moved the truck around and she did a 180 and headed down an old logging road. I don't have any idea what gets in a dogs head when they do some of these silly things!! We got home at 1:00 am. 5:30 came early and Jenna Kay went to sleep in the truck at about midnight lol. Y'all Keep'em Lookin' Up!!

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Last edited by Darren Hollis on 06-13-2018 at 01:36 PM

Old Post 06-13-2018 01:22 PM
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

HOT

It is about 93 degrees here today and it will be in the mid 80's tonight. Sure makes it rough on a coonhunter and his coondogs. I have ended up in the cutover the last few times I have hunted so I just started turning loose in the cutover. Coons are hitting the blackberries here already. I ate a few standing in the middle of a cutover thicket Tuesday night!! Cotton should be out of heat and I'm going to cut her with a pup tonight. I am going to continue to work on Goose and tune him up. I am going to hunt him and Sledge tonight as well. Gone be extremely hot!! My 9 yr old daughter Jenna Kay has been going with me and she is a pretty tough little girl. We have gotten into some rough stuff the past 2 outings and she was bragging yesterday to her grandma about the briar scratches she has acquired!! I hope everyone is getting to hunt and be careful. Y'all Keep'em Lookin' Up!!

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 06-14-2018 08:49 PM
T WIDNER
UKC Forum Member

SHE IS GETTING HER MONEYS WORTH OUT OF THEM BOOTS ALREADY. IF YOU HAD COME GOT THEM OR I BROUGHT THEM TO HER EARLIER JENNA KATE WOULD BE TELLING YOU WHERE AND WHEN TO CUT THEM DOGS LOOSE.

PR SOUTHERN BLUE HARDWOOD FLO
PAST
GRCHNTCH WIDNERS SOUTHERN BLUE BRITTANY (GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN)

Old Post 06-14-2018 09:07 PM
T WIDNER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for T WIDNER Click here to Send T WIDNER a Private Message Click Here to Email T WIDNER Find more posts by T WIDNER Add T WIDNER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

Jenna Kay

Trent you are probably right LOL! She told me Tuesday night that we were not going to Rock City hunting. She didn't like those huge mountains we had to walk up!!!
Thank you and Tabitha again for the boots. She has hung in there with me pretty good.

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 06-14-2018 09:50 PM
steeb_63
UKC Forum Member

hope your doing well my friend!!!

2018 2ND PLACE BREED WINNER PKC
2019 ILLINOIS STATE CHAMPION
2019 AUTUMN OAKS GRAND 16
2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATL GRNITECH OF BREED
2019 ZONE 3 HIGH SCORING DOG
2019 WORLD CH TOP 100
2019 PURINA NATIONALS BREED WINNER.
2019 FALL ROUND UP KING OF THE HUNT.
2019 ERCHA PKC PRO HUNT TOP 4
2020 WINTER CLASSIC SAT. 4TH PLACE CHAMPION DIVISION
2020 WORLD QUALIIFIED
2020 NATIONAL BLUETICK DAYS INVITATIONAL HUNT WINNER
2020 NATIONAL BLUETICK DAYS DOUBLE CAST WINNER 3RD PLACE GRNITECH FRI AND 4TH PLACE GRNITECH SAT
2020 Natl english days high scoring dog overall fri 1rst place grnitech sat 3rd place grnitech.
2021 invitational hunt winner
2021 natl bluetick days 9th place RQE winner
T0C Top 64 winner

ALSO HOME OF
PR Stebers Lil Blue Krayzee[dual grand penny x grnitech krypt]
nitech Stebers Big Ole Slick
NITECH STEBERS MIGHTY LONESOME 3 AKA CASH[7 wins towards grnitech
Stebers Mighty Blue Bell
Stebers 5 Gen
Stebers Pure Country
Stebers Shining Diamond
Stebers Lonesome Sue
Stebers Mighty Blue Patsy
Stebers Ole Blue Betty
Stebers Lil Blue Krayzee II
AND SEVERAL YOUNG ONES IN THE MIX

Old Post 06-15-2018 03:06 AM
steeb_63 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steeb_63 Click here to Send steeb_63 a Private Message Click Here to Email steeb_63 Find more posts by steeb_63 Add steeb_63 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

HUNT

Steeb I appreciate it buddy. I am doing good. It has been a challenging few months with my wife diagnosed with breast cancer but she is doing good and back at work. I hope all is well with you too buddy.

Drake and I hunted last night and had a pretty good hunt. First drop we cut Drake's pup Nails and Goose down a drainage ditch leading to a grown up field. They left hard and Nails opened at about 300yds followed by Goose. Nails was opening pretty good and Goose opened here and there and skipped out about 100yds and fell treed. Nails backed him and treed good. Nails needed a coon so I planned to shoot him out. I found him pretty quick but he would only look every once in awhile. I bright lighted it and told Drake I was gone shoot at the dark spot. I hit a limb and the coon started moving around. I shot again and he bailed out. Drake didn't have a dog loose and that coon left out running wide open. I guess he is rusty from sitting on the couch!!LOL We cut Goose and Nails loose and they were burning that coon up. He headed up a ditch and crossed under the road so we had to catch them up. I was slightly frustrated. Cotton is out of heat so I took her and cut her alone. She went the wrong way of course but soon struck and headed into about 2000 acres of cutover. I was expecting a long night. She made a loop in the cutover and hit a small branch with a few trees left on it and trailed back down across the gravel road into the bottom again. She worked the track about 300yds into the bottom and loaded up treed. It is pretty wet and muddy in there and we made our way to the tree. She had the meat and I made sure Drake unleashed her and I rolled it out to her. She hasn't been hunted in nearly a month and did a good job on the coon. We called it a night and went home and gave Cotton a quick bath as she was covered in mud from the coon and the bottom. I guess I'll be putting underpinning up this evening and will hit the woods tomorrow night. Y'all Keep'em Lookin' Up!!

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 06-15-2018 02:09 PM
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

Hunt

Drake and I hunted in the rain and thunderstorms last night. We did catch a break in between the storm systems moving through. First drop we cut Cotton and Nails down a hardwood bottom surrounded by cutover. They went 350yds down the edge of the cutover and Cotton just fell treed. Nails backed her and treed good. She was on a big oak and we never could get him to look. We cut them off that tree and Cotton headed across the bottom and Nails went left. Nails struck and we could see him winding out in the cutover. Cotton was covering ground quick and Nails was hung up so we caught him and drove around. Cotton was treed when we stopped the truck. She was going in a swamp. We couldn’t get the coon to look in that tree either. Drake thought he saw him look but we could never see it for sure. We moved and cut Sledge and Goose down the side of the creek in a grown up field. Sledge struck and was opening good but Goose never opened. Sledge started barking funny and was staying in one spot. Goose had left out and was getting gone in a hurry. We finally walked in to Sledge but he came easing around us acting really curious. I walked on in using the garmin and found a half grown armadillo that had been killed. We loaded sledge up and drove around. Goose was 7/10’s of a mile headed up a drainage ditch. I caught him before he crossed under the road. Last drop we cut Cotton and Goose. Goose struck and opened a few times and Cotton opened once and fell treed. Goose rolled up on it with her quickly. We made our way in and it was a huge den. We were soaked and called it a night. Y’all keep’em lookin up!!

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 06-17-2018 05:03 PM
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

Cotton and Goose treed

https://flic.kr/p/JER5Nx

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 06-18-2018 01:24 PM
buckhunterRN
UKC Forum Member

Darrin you have you walked up on a garmin yet. I guess he not worried about loosing it.

Old Post 06-18-2018 01:34 PM
buckhunterRN is offline Click Here to See the Profile for buckhunterRN Click here to Send buckhunterRN a Private Message Click Here to Email buckhunterRN Find more posts by buckhunterRN Add buckhunterRN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

Garmin

No i never did find his Garmin. I went myself 2 times and then retraced our steps a few nights later while I was hunting. He never came to help me look for it so I finally said heck with it. I told him to get a few guys and I would get my son and we would do a sweep of the area that we were in that night but never heard from him again. Guess he got him another one???

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 06-18-2018 03:16 PM
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

HUNT

Drake and I hunted last night for a while. First drop we cut Cotton, Goose and Nails loose down a small branch that runs through a pipeline. I figured coons would be hitting the blackberries on that pipeline. Dogs hit the branch and ran the branch. Cotton finally got struck at 450yds and was followed by Nails and then Goose. They were in some rough stuff. It is a swamp that was cut about 7 yrs ago when we had some dry weather. It is water, briars, grass , mud and snakes now!! Cotton located and checked and moved. She located again and treed but kept locating every so often. Nails was still trailing. Goose had located in a different area but had hushed. We started to Cotton and Goose loaded up about 50yds past her. We waded water and mud and knocked down briars til we finally got to Cotton. She was on a small tree that had blackberries all grown up in it. She didn't have a coon. We leashed her up and we made our way on to Goose. Nails had went to him and was treeing with him. There were a cluster of trees left on a ditch in the cutover and that's where Goose was treed. I saw the coon on the way in to his tree. We rolled it out to Nails and Goose. We made our way out through all the mess. I stepped in a spot and went completely to my waist in mud. I got that sticky mud on everything. We got to the truck and moved to the luxapililla creek. We cut dogs up the creek and I tried to clean up a little. Cotton struck and hushed for a couple minutes and fell treed. Nails backed her. Goose had went on up the creek. We got to Cotton and she was on huge water oak that grew up into another poplar tree. I could only see on spot and never could get the coon to look. Goose came by me and I leashed him up. We walked up the creek and cut them again. Silence..... We started walking up the creek to try to get closer and the dogs were 7/10's of a mile from us. I finally heard Cotton and Goose treed. We made our way to them and they were in a drainage ditch running through a pasture. There were a cluster of trees on the ditch and they had the meat. We called it a night and started our long walk back to the truck. Got in the bed at 12:30 am and got up at 5:30 am. This is a rough time of the year on an ole coonhunter!! Y'all Keep'em Lookin' Up!!!

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Last edited by Darren Hollis on 06-19-2018 at 01:54 PM

Old Post 06-19-2018 01:51 PM
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

PR Southern Blue S&H's Goose

Goose is one of those hounds that you hear about tied behind the barn. I had Goose here as a pup and Keith Sparks bought him and trained him mostly alone. Goose is coming 4 yrs old. I have partnered with Keith on Goose and I am going to keep him in the woods and tune him on up. Goose has never been in a hunt but that will change in the future. I have been impressed with him. Goose and I have had a few come to Jesus meetings as he wasn't used to me and was bred for the first time the week before I got him but has steadily improved. He is a beautiful hound with a good mouth and is a hard tree dog. Most that know me, knows I can't hunt one that chews much and Goose is a pretty clean treedog. It has been really hot and he has cut a bush or two but pretty clean. His strength is that he is very accurate and will go by a slick tree and have a coon. Im going too keep putting it on him and see what he can get done with some hard hunting. I want to thank Keith for partnering with me on Goose. More to Come!!

………………………….GrNtChGrCh PR Pine Creek Screwy Lewey
……………..GrNtChGrCh PR Uchtmans Blue Jobe
………………………….NtCh PR Uchtmans Blue Polkie
PR Southern Blue S&H's Goose
………………………….GrChGrNtCh PR Uchtmans Blue Zeb
……………...NtChCh PR Uchtmans Blue Sue
………………………….NtChCh PR James' So. Blue Dixie

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Last edited by Darren Hollis on 06-19-2018 at 09:02 PM

Old Post 06-19-2018 09:00 PM
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

HUNT

Jenna Kay , Drake and Myself hunted last night. We met my cousin that wanted to hunt his pup last night and we cut Cotton , Nails , and cousins English pup. Cotton left out hard but the English pup didn't want to hunt. Nails was playing around with him but a 32 inch piece of muscadine vine got his mind right. He left out and headed towards Cotton's direction. Cotton blew through the section about 800yds and was headed down a small creek. It crosses under a small road and we moved around to catch them. Cotton had already crossed into a section of big planted pines. We caught up Nails and moved around to stay ahead of Cotton. We moved around and she was nearly a mile from where we cut her and she had struck in a rough cutover. She worked her track for about 200 more yards and loaded up treed right. I waded the creek as far as I could and had to cross some rough stuff to get to her. She had her coon and I petted her up good. Next drop we cut Goose, Cotton, and Nails down the edge of a wide creek. Cotton soon struck , followed by Nails. Goose had went down the creek about 250yds further but soon I saw him coming towards Cotton. Cotton located and started treeing but she wasn't right. We eased into where she was and Nails was in the creek winding and locating. Cotton move and she had been trying to get up a steep creek bank that was straight up!! She had made her way up to the top and Goose had struck up in that area as well. They worked the track up in an old pasture with a lot of blackberries and Cotton and Goose loaded up almost simultaneously. We made our way to them and they were up 3 poplar trees and one had the top blown out and looked like a den. I backed up and squalled and couldn't get him to look but I soon spotted a coon about 10 yds to the left up a wild cherry tree. I'm not sure they didn't miss the coon but they sure were telling the news on that poplar tree. We called it a night and gone hit it tonight! Y'all Keep'em Lookin' Up!!

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 06-21-2018 05:40 PM
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

Jenna Kay and Goose

Goose and Jenna kay by Darren Hollis, on Flickr

Goose and Jenna kay by Darren Hollis, on Flickr

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 06-21-2018 05:46 PM
Sparks5
UKC Forum Member

GOOSE

That's a good looking rascal !!!

Old Post 06-24-2018 06:59 PM
Sparks5 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sparks5 Click here to Send Sparks5 a Private Message Click Here to Email Sparks5 Find more posts by Sparks5 Add Sparks5 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

GOOSE

Yes he is and he will definitely go hunting!!! LOL

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 06-25-2018 12:59 PM
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

HUNT

Drake and I went to a UKC hunt Saturday night. We took Cotton and Goose. We didn't do any good. Drake had a chance but couldn't find Cottons coon. She got deep and got treed in a cutover up a huge poplar tree.
Goose got out of pocket and we ended up getting him the next morning at about 10:30 am !! He will definitely get deep in a hurry if coons aren't moving and will get you in some strange territory LOL Y'all Keep'em Lookin' Up!!

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 06-25-2018 02:09 PM
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

HUNT

Jenna Kay and I hunted for a while last night. It was a rough night. First drop we cut Dolly and Cotton down a small drain that runs through a grown up field that has a lot of blackberries. Cotton hit the branch and Dolly made a circle and crossed the road. Cotton struck at about 50yds and it was good track. Dolly came back across the road and put in with her. They ran the track about 150 yds around in those briars and thick stuff and Cotton loaded up followed by Dolly. They sounded good and really lit it up. We made our way to them and it got sort of rough. We looked but never could get the coon to look. We leashed up the dogs and about half way out I turned and squalled again and he looked right at me. They had him but he was looking at that full moon I guess. Next drop we cut Goose and a 6mth old pup I call Flip. He is out of GrNtCh Pr Blazin Bud and GrChNtCh Pr Southern Blue Hardwood Cotton. He went with Goose until Goose hit the luxapililla creek. He didn't like that running water. Goose was steady heading up the creek so we decided to walk up the creek and try to stay close to him. Goose went 6\10's of a mile up the creek and made a left turn up a drain that runs through a pasture. He followed the drain all the way across the pasture and crossed through a culvert into a pine thicket. We came out on the road and finally was able to catch him up. He never got struck. It was 11:15 pm and it was a long walk to the truck. Jenna kay was worn out so we ended up walking the road back to the truck. It was about 2 miles but it was easier walking for us. We got home about 12:15 and took a shower and hit the bed at about 12:45. 5:30 sure seemed to get here early this morning. Y'all Keep'em Lookin' Up!!

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 06-26-2018 01:44 PM