UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > What line of walker do u prefer?
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
S.Davis
UKC Forum Member

What line of walker do u prefer?

Ok here goes lol what line of walker do you prefer to hunt,own,and breed and what.do you think makes your stock is better than others

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-22-2017 06:06 PM
S.Davis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for S.Davis Click here to Send S.Davis a Private Message Click Here to Email S.Davis Find more posts by S.Davis Add S.Davis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

I think most end up liking what ever makes a good dog for them.

Right or wrong, my mind has the lines broke down into Tree dogs or Track dogs. I have to have a dog that can track and that generally relates to accurate trees. We have thin coon down here and need one to hunt and track it to a tree.

Old Post 06-22-2017 06:26 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bowling
UKC Forum Member

Skuana River bark I will show mine any night someone wants to see them go we have several of them all mates and half mates they tree coon here in thin coon every night.

Old Post 06-23-2017 02:36 AM
bowling is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bowling Click here to Send bowling a Private Message Click Here to Email bowling Visit bowling's homepage! Find more posts by bowling Add bowling to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
S.Davis
UKC Forum Member

I like my Wipeout breed dogs personally

Old Post 06-23-2017 01:41 PM
S.Davis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for S.Davis Click here to Send S.Davis a Private Message Click Here to Email S.Davis Find more posts by S.Davis Add S.Davis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Don't mention wipeout on here. They will run you off. lol

Conrad mentioned all the pedigrees built on Grand Nights. I like mine built on Platinum and Gold Champions. That way if the dog fooled me and isn't as good as I thought. There is still plenty of money to spend while crying in your beer.

I have a love hate relationship with Wipeout Hounds. They ain't for everyone. Kind of like a good hearted woman. You just have to understand them.

This message board discusses a lot of problems and there is still one that I can't find the answer to on here. I have started a lot of young Wipeout Hounds and not one has babbled. Then I read on here that every wipeout hound in the country babbles. Must be those money hungry handlers train them that way.

Last edited by Bruce m. Conkey on 06-23-2017 at 03:26 PM

Old Post 06-23-2017 03:22 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
S.Davis
UKC Forum Member

Bruce me and you think alike lol when I started hunting them I was like where the heck have this type dog been all these years and I haven't looked back and probably won't hunt anything else they can have all the yellow slips made I like green ones lol

Old Post 06-23-2017 04:51 PM
John Carroll
UKC Forum Member

I haven't been a Walker man and have mostly hunted Blueticks.

I have hunted House's Clint/Lawyer/Lipper stuff years ago that I liked,as well as Finley River Dan dogs.

In more recent times, I have hunted with some nice Wipeout, Skuna River, and Bone Collector stuff.

Old Post 06-23-2017 05:08 PM
John Carroll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John Carroll Click here to Send John Carroll a Private Message Click Here to Email John Carroll Find more posts by John Carroll Add John Carroll to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

I let one slip through my hands this week but due to the circumstances nothing could be done and I don't cry much over spilled milk. About 10 days ago there was a pup out of a pretty nice Bone Female and my Blaze dog available. I wasn't able to drive the 60 or so miles to get him the guy was tied up and couldn't bring him to me. I got freed up and then the wife went into the hospital for 6 days and my times was spent there. Today I called and she was sold.

She looks like she could of been a littermate to my Bone male I got from John. I was planning on starting a Bone Collection.

Mr. Davis how is your wipeout dog bred. Mine is out of Zeb Again and Ga. Cyclone.

Old Post 06-23-2017 05:50 PM
4play
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by bowling
Skuana River bark I will show mine any night someone wants to see them go we have several of them all mates and half mates they tree coon here in thin coon every night.

X2
I have 1 direct off Bark.He's a coon tree'n machine.
Hard to beat their natural independence.

Also have a female off Great White Shark{Stylish Clover}
Independent,big mouth,huge motor and most accurate hound I've seen.

Last edited by 4play on 06-23-2017 at 06:41 PM

Old Post 06-23-2017 06:14 PM
4play is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 4play Click here to Send 4play a Private Message Click Here to Email 4play Find more posts by 4play Add 4play to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
S.Davis
UKC Forum Member

Mine is swamp on top with double wipeout and sunrise on the bottom she is breed really well

Old Post 06-23-2017 06:17 PM
S.Davis
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by 4play
X2
I have 1 direct off Bark.He's a coon tree'n machine.
Hard to beat their natural independence.

Also have a female off Great White Shark{Stylich Clover}
Independent,big mouth,huge motor and most accurate hound I've seen.

I have heard good stuff about skuna rivver dogs and bone colletor a man can't go wrong with those from. What I hear

Old Post 06-23-2017 06:22 PM
mike shannon
UKC Forum Member

Here comes a shocker.... Hillbilly Mac

NITECH CH HTX PR SHANNON'S HILLBILLY CHIEF 6 CAST WINS
PR SHANNON’S HILLBILLY LUCIE
PR SHANNON’S HILLBILLY MAXIE

If you can read this thank a TEACHER
If you can read this in English, thank a VETERAN

www.freewebs.com/shannonshowmekennels

United States Army Retired

Old Post 06-23-2017 06:30 PM
mike shannon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mike shannon Click here to Send mike shannon a Private Message Click Here to Email mike shannon Find more posts by mike shannon Add mike shannon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Travis Brown
UKC Forum Member

I like the ones off Browns Little Peg bloodline, Stylish Harry, Nocturnal Skipper, Trackman, Harry Bawls

Home of :
Gr. Nt. Ch. Browns Peggy 4/91-1/02
Gr. Nt. Ch. Browns Little Peg 6/98-3/08
Gr. Nt. Ch. Browns Haley 8/02-11/13
Gr. Nt. Ch. Browns Taylor 3/05-11/17
Gr. Nt. Ch. Browns Rotten 10/08-2/13
Gr. Nt. Ch. Browns Midge 12/10-1/21
Gr. Nt. Ch. Browns Jessie 4/14-
Gr. Nt. Ch. Browns Lilly 5/19-

Old Post 06-23-2017 06:52 PM
Travis Brown is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Travis Brown Click here to Send Travis Brown a Private Message Click Here to Email Travis Brown Find more posts by Travis Brown Add Travis Brown to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Mike for an old timer like me.Hillbilly Mac is not a shocker. Would love to see a picture or two of your hounds.

Old Post 06-23-2017 07:23 PM
mike shannon
UKC Forum Member

Re: .

quote:
Originally posted by Bruce m. Conkey
Mike for an old timer like me.Hillbilly Mac is not a shocker. Would love to see a picture or two of your hounds.

Go to treeng walker stud and kennel promotion under team hillbilly mac part ll

Old Post 06-23-2017 07:37 PM
mike shannon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mike shannon Click here to Send mike shannon a Private Message Click Here to Email mike shannon Find more posts by mike shannon Add mike shannon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
4play
UKC Forum Member

Re: .

quote:
Originally posted by Bruce m. Conkey

http://www.freewebs.com/shannonshow...illymacdogs.htm

Old Post 06-23-2017 07:38 PM
4play is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 4play Click here to Send 4play a Private Message Click Here to Email 4play Find more posts by 4play Add 4play to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by mike shannon
Here comes a shocker.... Hillbilly Mac
Boys ,I'll say this about Mike's dogs , they are and he is flying under the radar !! He has got a nice breeding program going on.

Gold Life member of G.P.A.A. #257936
Member of The Lost Dutchman's Mining Association #02890729

Old Post 06-23-2017 08:09 PM
chuck west is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chuck west Click here to Send chuck west a Private Message Find more posts by chuck west Add chuck west to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mike shannon
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by chuck west
Boys ,I'll say this about Mike's dogs , they are and he is flying under the radar !! He has got a nice breeding program going on.

Thank you Chuck

Old Post 06-23-2017 10:14 PM
andrewdavis
UKC Forum Member

I'm handling a Mac bred dog for.mike right now and let me tell you woooeee flat tree coons cut her loose last night when I got her back hadn't been out in 3 months. And less then five minutes had the ol ring tail in the tree!!! Mike has a heck of a breeding program goin on and he's knows what he's doin any breed can tree coons but I prefer to hunt Mac blood!!!

Shannons hillbilly cookie aka cookie monster (that's what we call her here in Indiana )

Nitech grch shannons hillbilly cookie (rip)
Pr davis'hillbilly tiny diamond
team hillbilly mac !!!

Old Post 06-24-2017 12:07 AM
andrewdavis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for andrewdavis Click here to Send andrewdavis a Private Message Click Here to Email andrewdavis Find more posts by andrewdavis Add andrewdavis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
andrewdavis
UKC Forum Member

Go check out team hillbilly Mac part II he has picture of all his dogs on there and you won't deal with a better man will answers all the questions you have!!!

Nitech grch shannons hillbilly cookie (rip)
Pr davis'hillbilly tiny diamond
team hillbilly mac !!!

Old Post 06-24-2017 12:10 AM
andrewdavis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for andrewdavis Click here to Send andrewdavis a Private Message Click Here to Email andrewdavis Find more posts by andrewdavis Add andrewdavis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
treedog2345
UKC Forum Member

I know alot will talk but I'm a Finley river or yadkin river like bruce said they have worked best for me

Old Post 06-24-2017 01:49 AM
treedog2345 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for treedog2345 Click here to Send treedog2345 a Private Message Find more posts by treedog2345 Add treedog2345 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
swamp1
Banned

Finley river

Specifically, Arkansas river rattle bloodline.

Old Post 06-24-2017 05:11 AM
swamp1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for swamp1 Click here to Send swamp1 a Private Message Find more posts by swamp1 Add swamp1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
S.Davis
UKC Forum Member

I like Wipeout swamp coma or clover something that has a GD nose on it

Old Post 06-24-2017 12:08 PM
CONRAD FRYAR
UKC Forum Member

Lipper, Coma, Yadkin River.....i Like hard hunting Track dogs that Tree.

"Life is short boys, Hunt an intelligent hound"

Born in sin, convicted by the Word, saved by Grace.

Old Post 06-24-2017 12:54 PM
CONRAD FRYAR is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CONRAD FRYAR Click here to Send CONRAD FRYAR a Private Message Click Here to Email CONRAD FRYAR Find more posts by CONRAD FRYAR Add CONRAD FRYAR to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

The more or less rattler X lipper cross I got you can still hunt them in rough country when they got some age on them. And even granny at 10 still has a horn on her. My next cross should be louder than that.

Old Post 06-24-2017 01:19 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote