UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > What line of walker do u prefer?
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Night Shift
UKC Forum Member

I'm a Maniac and Skuna River guy. They just can flat track a coon when other dogs can't.

Gr Nt Ch Maniac's Dark Side of the Moon

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-24-2017 02:08 PM
Night Shift is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Night Shift Click here to Send Night Shift a Private Message Click Here to Email Night Shift Find more posts by Night Shift Add Night Shift to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
S.Davis
UKC Forum Member

I have not hunted anything off skuna river but hear good things about them may venture that way sometime if mine starts failing lol

Old Post 06-24-2017 05:18 PM
S.Davis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for S.Davis Click here to Send S.Davis a Private Message Click Here to Email S.Davis Find more posts by S.Davis Add S.Davis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Night Shift
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by S.Davis
I have not hunted anything off skuna river but hear good things about them may venture that way sometime if mine starts failing lol
Hunted in a hunt Thursday night Mine and a dog out of Hillbilly Deluxe were the only two that could do anything with a track. They each treed two I lucked out on strike but I thought that I might venture out in his direction sometime.

Gr Nt Ch Maniac's Dark Side of the Moon

Old Post 06-24-2017 10:12 PM
Night Shift is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Night Shift Click here to Send Night Shift a Private Message Click Here to Email Night Shift Find more posts by Night Shift Add Night Shift to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
S.Davis
UKC Forum Member

I don't mind to lose a close hunt like that it keeps the hunt more interesting keeps you on your toes for sure

Old Post 06-24-2017 10:20 PM
S.Davis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for S.Davis Click here to Send S.Davis a Private Message Click Here to Email S.Davis Find more posts by S.Davis Add S.Davis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Adams, Harold
UKC Forum Member

Been hunting for 50 years gets harder and harder to like any....couple lines I try to find something but seldom see what I want so I settle for one that will tree a coon and I can bring it home every night I go and I don't have to see the po po or kill anyone over it

With that being said it has to have tree in as ours around here live in trees!!

Last edited by Adams, Harold on 06-24-2017 at 10:40 PM

Old Post 06-24-2017 10:37 PM
Adams, Harold is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Adams, Harold Click here to Send Adams, Harold a Private Message Click Here to Email Adams, Harold Find more posts by Adams, Harold Add Adams, Harold to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Philip
UKC Forum Member

Buck Creek

Old Post 06-25-2017 02:23 AM
Philip is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Philip Click here to Send Philip a Private Message Click Here to Email Philip Visit Philip's homepage! Find more posts by Philip Add Philip to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
S.Davis
UKC Forum Member

I'm goin to breed my lil female to another Wipeout stud and I think this cross will be a jam up cross

Old Post 06-25-2017 04:44 PM
JOSH VAUGHN
UKC Forum Member

I honestly like any line that can drift a track, have a coon, and be by itself more than with a dog.

Old Post 06-26-2017 03:30 AM
JOSH VAUGHN is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JOSH VAUGHN Click here to Send JOSH VAUGHN a Private Message Click Here to Email JOSH VAUGHN Find more posts by JOSH VAUGHN Add JOSH VAUGHN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
S.Davis
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by JOSH VAUGHN
I honestly like any line that can drift a track, have a coon, and be by itself more than with a dog.

U got that right hate a dog that stands on it's head and it is over 2 or 3 yr old u can expect that out of a pup

Old Post 06-26-2017 02:44 PM
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

I added some new blood to my kennel last year

From team Hillbilly Mac, Mike Shannon.
He's got several generations of line bred Mac dogs that consistently throw the same type dogs. That's what good breeding will do for you.

We are very fortunate that we have so much information and the ability to research crosses to see what works and what doesn't.
This helps us in trying to produce the best possible line of dogs as we possibly can.

There's several more men that I respect their breeding practices in the Walker breed right now.

Grand Champion Stevenson's "Johnny Jet,"

Palms 18:39........You armed me with strength for battle; you made my adversaries bow at my feet!
Two questions sum up life....
Why am I here ? And Where am I headed.

Old Post 06-26-2017 04:59 PM
cripple creek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cripple creek Click here to Send cripple creek a Private Message Click Here to Email cripple creek Find more posts by cripple creek Add cripple creek to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
redfeather
UKC Forum Member

I like any of them that has the coon when they tree and dont get mean around the tree and then they have to go byby.

Old Post 06-27-2017 04:49 AM
redfeather is offline Click Here to See the Profile for redfeather Click here to Send redfeather a Private Message Click Here to Email redfeather Find more posts by redfeather Add redfeather to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
redfeather
UKC Forum Member

I like any of them that has the coon when they tree and dont get mean around the tree and then they have to go byby.

Old Post 06-27-2017 04:49 AM
redfeather is offline Click Here to See the Profile for redfeather Click here to Send redfeather a Private Message Click Here to Email redfeather Find more posts by redfeather Add redfeather to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Larry Atherton
UKC Forum Member

Some might say I am kennel blind, but that isn't so. I only keep 2 dogs. I really can't hunt more than 2 dogs traveling 40-100 miles to hunt.

The 2 dogs I keep will be females, and they will go back to my original walker dog from 1983. I raised him from a puppy, and he taught me more about coon hunting than any person or dog. He got hit by a car and killed. When I buried him I pledged to always keep his line at my house.

That pledge has been hard at times, but it also has been a wild journey that I would not change for anything.

That doesn't mean I haven't enjoyed many other lines like Nance, Yadkin River, Lone Pine (Clover), Sackett Jr., Whitey, Stylish Coma, and Skuna River.

Aim small miss small

Old Post 06-27-2017 03:41 PM
Larry Atherton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Larry Atherton Click here to Send Larry Atherton a Private Message Click Here to Email Larry Atherton Visit Larry Atherton's homepage! Find more posts by Larry Atherton Add Larry Atherton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote