UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Off Topic > They are laughing at us on the $$$ board !!
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Josh Michaelis
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Sonny Phipps
I would like to hear from some of the guys that are die hard in one registry or the other as to why they are. I have hunted some in every registry I know of from local level to world hunt final casts. I have seen sorry dogs and handlers and top notch dogs and handlers in of them. I promise one registry doesn't have better dogs or handlers then another, in fact most hunt several registries. Any world hunt with hundreds of entry's is hard to win, it takes dog power , luck and a few breaks.
Some of the worst cheating I've been around was in $$$ hunts. But I've seen score cards plain wrote up in ukc also.

I dont like UKCs rules, and I dont like hunting for titles. Even though I know I am not making money in PKC, I like knowing that that it can be done.

In this area. The UKC hunts are not attended by the same people PKC hunts are, and the competition is not nearly as stiff when I did hunt a few.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-21-2018 01:04 AM
Josh Michaelis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Josh Michaelis Click here to Send Josh Michaelis a Private Message Click Here to Email Josh Michaelis Find more posts by Josh Michaelis Add Josh Michaelis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Josh Michaelis
I dont like UKCs rules, and I dont like hunting for titles. Even though I know I am not making money in PKC, I like knowing that that it can be done.

In this area. The UKC hunts are not attended by the same people PKC hunts are, and the competition is not nearly as stiff when I did hunt a few.

Josh, do you think its the chance at winning a larger amount of money? Or that there is more recognition from your peers if you can win a pro hunt or national title ect....

If I could win a couple of pro hunts my dog has proven its self and it is recognized by others as being a nice hound. Like it used to be when you made grand. Now I can make grand, win a few of the bigger hunts and instead of being recognized by my UKC peers. They call me a cheat and my dog is mean.

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Old Post 07-21-2018 04:29 PM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Joey maybe there is not enough time in between big hunts to get recognition it's like one is over and there is anouther next week and like now meltdown is the top dog and he is the only one they are talking about no matter who else wins the other hunts because he is close to being the all time money winner $$$ talks I guess.

Tar

Old Post 07-21-2018 04:47 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
Joey maybe there is not enough time in between big hunts to get recognition it's like one is over and there is anouther next week and like now meltdown is the top dog and he is the only one they are talking about no matter who else wins the other hunts because he is close to being the all time money winner $$$ talks I guess.

Tar

He isn't close to being the all time money winner. He is the all time money winner by far. $187,503.42 and he has a little more that's not on there yet. Plus his winnings from other Kc's he is well over 200K.

You are right with one big one after another they have forgotten who won the last one.

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Old Post 07-21-2018 11:36 PM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Josh Michaelis
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by joey
Josh, do you think its the chance at winning a larger amount of money? Or that there is more recognition from your peers if you can win a pro hunt or national title ect.....

Both I suppose.

Old Post 07-22-2018 02:40 AM
Josh Michaelis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Josh Michaelis Click here to Send Josh Michaelis a Private Message Click Here to Email Josh Michaelis Find more posts by Josh Michaelis Add Josh Michaelis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sonny Phipps
UKC Forum Member

I understand what you are saying Josh. I just don't see the integrity in $$$ around my area that u see in yours. I'm not saying UKC is far better or anything, I just see a lot of BS in $$$. They walk to treed dogs that can't be heard, walk away from trailing dogs so you can't hear them get treed, won't see coons in trees and the famous deal with stretch and company was just up the road a hour from me. I just think any major event is hard to win under any set of rules.

Old Post 07-22-2018 04:06 AM
Sonny Phipps is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sonny Phipps Click here to Send Sonny Phipps a Private Message Click Here to Email Sonny Phipps Find more posts by Sonny Phipps Add Sonny Phipps to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chuck Allen
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Josh Michaelis

I think the majority of coon hunters and or hound hunters in general probably do not care about titles or money if they win , they win if they lose they lose , I think most folks that hunt tree game or even fox , coyote , rabbit etc. or even deer hunters down south do it because they love it deep down in their soul , pure and simple that should be the primary reason in my book. but hey I have lost way more than I have won and only have 1 titled dog right now and he is only a NT. CH. JMHO

When the law of the land becomes unjust outlaws will rise to take their place in history.

Old Post 07-22-2018 05:05 AM
Chuck Allen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chuck Allen Click here to Send Chuck Allen a Private Message Find more posts by Chuck Allen Add Chuck Allen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by joey
He isn't close to being the all time money winner. He is the all time money winner by far. $187,503.42 and he has a little more that's not on there yet. Plus his winnings from other Kc's he is well over 200K.

Ole Down just made the finals of another pro hunt tonight. He's closing in on 200K just in PKC. Just turned 6 in May.

Old Post 07-22-2018 05:41 AM
Donnie Stevens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Stevens Click here to Send Donnie Stevens a Private Message Find more posts by Donnie Stevens Add Donnie Stevens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Sonny many of the Guys down here hunt in both registries. Due to the distances between the clubs here in FL the people have to be wiling to drive some to hunt. We had a little hunt here last Thursday that had six people attend. 3 were Local guys but the other three all drove over an hour to get here with two of them driving an hour and a half and they came from different directions. The discussion before the hunt was like most discussions of how the guys were doing. They each talked about different hunts they had been at and some were UKC and some were $KC discussions. Just guys sharing what they like to do and having fun at both places.

I seen the talk in this thread about recognition. I wish all coon hunters would realize that other coon hunters are just like themselves and they keep up with what is going on and who is winning and where. If people would not work at being recognized and just have fun by training and owning coon hounds. They would end up with a lot better reputation and this sports image would be more favorable.

Most of our Grand Fathers or Great Grand Fathers never cared or even thought about being recognized but they carried the axe with them because they knew their dogs would have a coon in the tree. Today, to many want recognition and are trying to get it with a dogs that have a lot of holes. That combination generally is the reason for problems in the hunts.

Talking about the problems in the hunts seem to be the buzz on a message board. I am Thankful that I haven't been around those types of hunts. Have there been a question or two over the years. YES Have I seen one person or another disappointed after a hunt, YES. Are they all back the next week, enjoying the sport. YES

Old Post 07-22-2018 02:00 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

Good post Bruce, couldn't agree more.

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Old Post 07-22-2018 02:35 PM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Re: .

quote:
Originally posted by Bruce m. Conkey
Sonny many of the Guys down here hunt in both registries. Due to the distances between the clubs here in FL the people have to be wiling to drive some to hunt. We had a little hunt here last Thursday that had six people attend. 3 were Local guys but the other three all drove over an hour to get here with two of them driving an hour and a half and they came from different directions. The discussion before the hunt was like most discussions of how the guys were doing. They each talked about different hunts they had been at and some were UKC and some were $KC discussions. Just guys sharing what they like to do and having fun at both places.

I seen the talk in this thread about recognition. I wish all coon hunters would realize that other coon hunters are just like themselves and they keep up with what is going on and who is winning and where. If people would not work at being recognized and just have fun by training and owning coon hounds. They would end up with a lot better reputation and this sports image would be more favorable.

Most of our Grand Fathers or Great Grand Fathers never cared or even thought about being recognized but they carried the axe with them because they knew their dogs would have a coon in the tree. Today, to many want recognition and are trying to get it with a dogs that have a lot of holes. That combination generally is the reason for problems in the hunts.

Talking about the problems in the hunts seem to be the buzz on a message board. I am Thankful that I haven't been around those types of hunts. Have there been a question or two over the years. YES Have I seen one person or another disappointed after a hunt, YES. Are they all back the next week, enjoying the sport. YES

Bruce you hit the Nail on the Head with this Post.
I see it all the time where Guys are wanting that Recognition and Bragging about what they have Won. Some of them think that if you havent Won anything Big then you dont know what a Coondog is.....LOL.

Last year I bought a Male Walker that had a Pedigree stacked with World Champions and Grand Nites.....he had almost $6600 Won in P$C........he wasn't a bad dog, but I wouldn't call him a Coon Dog.......My old Toby Dog out of Silver Creek Seth had only been in 1 UKC Hunt & 2 P$$ Hunts his Entire Life but was a Coondog in my opinion.
Everyone's opinion on what a Nice Coondog is certainly is different.
Tim

Quality, Dependable Coon Lights--Built by a Coonhunter for Coonhunters
==================================
** Superior Lights

** Sunspot Hunting Lights

** Zepp's--Quality Products

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

** They Twist it until they start believing it themselves**

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Competition Coonhunters and Politicians
** Win anyway you have to & tell everyone what they want to hear **

Old Post 07-22-2018 02:40 PM
Triple K Kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Triple K Kennel Click here to Send Triple K Kennel a Private Message Find more posts by Triple K Kennel Add Triple K Kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Re: They are laughing at us on the $$$ board !!

quote:
Said we are a bunch of fake news one of the been hunting in $$$ hunts 35 yrs and got $900 won. Oh and Jim started it lol.
Tar

Oh my goodness Tarbaby, it has been more than a week now. Is that guy still making fun of you on the $$$ board? Or have you set him straight?

Old Post 07-22-2018 03:21 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Billy George
UKC Forum Member

I have a question,does a dog still get credit towards a title in $$$ for winning a cast with least amount of minus?

PR B and B's Smokin' Willie

"PR"B and B's Coon Doctor
( Gr.Nite Ch.Bee Creek Dr.Max xGr.Nite Ch. Moonshine Maggie)

Past Home of:

Nite Ch. "PR"B and B's Smokin' Misty (2007-2018)

Nite Ch B&B's Black Hoss (1992-2003)

Nite Ch.Gr.Ch. Shaker Hill Mr. Grubbs (2003-2011)

Old Post 07-22-2018 04:08 PM
Billy George is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Billy George Click here to Send Billy George a Private Message Click Here to Email Billy George Visit Billy George's homepage! Find more posts by Billy George Add Billy George to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Adams, Harold
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Billy George
I have a question,does a dog still get credit towards a title in $$$ for winning a cast with least amount of minus?

Yes....all PKC titles are based on amount won.

Old Post 07-22-2018 05:55 PM
Adams, Harold is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Adams, Harold Click here to Send Adams, Harold a Private Message Click Here to Email Adams, Harold Find more posts by Adams, Harold Add Adams, Harold to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chad medlock
UKC Forum Member

My reason for hunting pkc is simple..theres always a winner..i live in low coon population and many years ago i won 9 straight ntch cast in january and Feb , as the ONLY ntch cast at each hunt but only den trees and no coons scored..my money and long nights were for nothing. Why does my dog not deserve a win doing their jobs. So yes, around here cheating is way worse at ukc hunt knowing u must "see" a coon. Same reason i dont like hockey.. there should ALWAYS be a winner! Secondly, u have no control over where u are guided vs the the other cast going to coon zoo. Ive came in with scores confident in my area knowing i shld win a 1st to find out another cast makes 2 min drops 50 yrds from a feeder buckets all night.. Thats not coon huntn in the least bit. In pkc i only worry about the dogs ive drawn. I also like progressive countdown on tree and frankly its just getn tough to put 4 wild huntn dogs in an area big enuf to hold them for 2 hrs..fat and lazy and really like the hr hunts these days!

Last edited by chad medlock on 07-22-2018 at 07:50 PM

Old Post 07-22-2018 07:15 PM
chad medlock is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chad medlock Click here to Send chad medlock a Private Message Find more posts by chad medlock Add chad medlock to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DL NH
UKC Forum Member

Do you pleasure hunt what you competition hunt?

Been reading through this thread and am wondering how many of you pleasure hunt the same dogs you campaign? Just curious.

Old Post 07-22-2018 07:40 PM
DL NH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DL NH Click here to Send DL NH a Private Message Find more posts by DL NH Add DL NH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Hunts & Winners.....

It all comes down to....EXCUSE'S.....!!!
There should only be a Winner if Coon are Scored On.....Period...!!!

To me, there is way more Cheating going on knowing if you are in the Minus but you know you can Win with Minus.....LOL
Tim

** Superior Lights

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

Old Post 07-22-2018 08:28 PM
Triple K Kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Triple K Kennel Click here to Send Triple K Kennel a Private Message Find more posts by Triple K Kennel Add Triple K Kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Blaze2014
Banned

Why do you guys not type pkc, instead of the pk$, etc. ? Is it being polite to ukc? Just always curious, I think ukc can handle you typing pkc, competition is good in the business world.

Old Post 07-22-2018 08:48 PM
Blaze2014 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Blaze2014 Click here to Send Blaze2014 a Private Message Find more posts by Blaze2014 Add Blaze2014 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MUSKY
UKC Forum Member

I am no expert by any means on the difference between $kc and ukc, but in my limited exposure to $kc the handlers knew the rules, took their minus like a man and the judge was the judge. In most of the ukc cast I have been in I see just the opposite, lots of circle trees, people interpreting the rules as they see fit and a lot of bickering.... to the point it is just more fun to just stay home and hunt around the house.

Home of:
A couple old plugs

Old Post 07-22-2018 08:56 PM
MUSKY is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MUSKY Click here to Send MUSKY a Private Message Click Here to Email MUSKY Find more posts by MUSKY Add MUSKY to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

The P Word.....

quote:
Originally posted by Blaze2014
Why do you guys not type pkc, instead of the pk$, etc. ? Is it being polite to ukc? Just always curious, I think ukc can handle you typing pkc, competition is good in the business world.

In the past......UKC would delete the Post if you mentioned the "P" word......🙄😉
Tim

** Superior Lights

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

Old Post 07-22-2018 09:23 PM
Chuck Allen
UKC Forum Member

So I am either confused or curious about what some are saying and i could very well be wrong and if I am TAR will set me straight
. is competition coon hunting now a redneck version of amway?

When the law of the land becomes unjust outlaws will rise to take their place in history.

Old Post 07-23-2018 01:40 AM
Chuck Allen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chuck Allen Click here to Send Chuck Allen a Private Message Find more posts by Chuck Allen Add Chuck Allen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Chuck this ain't no excuse but I am to tired to think right now we had a bennifit for a freind that has stage 4 yesterday we fried 200 pounds of fish plus hush puppies and fries and we ran out of food my wife gave a jar of plumb jelly and one of salsa they brought $45 each cakes brought $200 I bought a boat now I got two lol. stood by those cookers for 6 hours in 110 degree heat 10 glasses of ice water 10 glasses of tea finally I drank two adult beverages I don't drink but it hit the spot went back today and cleaned up why does Sombody have to get sick for people to do that.

This new generation of coonhunters are lazy that's the problem !!

Tar

Old Post 07-23-2018 01:54 AM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Chuck this ain't no excuse but I am to tired to think right now we had a bennifit for a freind that has stage 4 yesterday we fried 200 pounds of fish plus hush puppies and fries and we ran out of food my wife gave a jar of plumb jelly and one of salsa they brought $45 each cakes brought $200 I bought a boat now I got two lol. stood by those cookers for 6 hours in 110 degree heat 10 glasses of ice water 10 glasses of tea finally I drank two adult beverages I don't drink but it hit the spot went back today and cleaned up why does Sombody have to get sick for people to do that.

This new generation of coonhunters are lazy that's the problem !!

Tar

Yep.....thats the truth....!!!
Tim

** Superior Lights

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

Old Post 07-23-2018 02:07 AM
Chuck Allen
UKC Forum Member

DANG TAR PRAYERS FOR YOUR FRIEND AND MAYBE WE ALL NEED TO PAY IT FORWARD IN ALL THINGS THAT WE DO. DO UNTO OTHERS ETC.

Old Post 07-23-2018 02:59 AM
Chuck Allen
UKC Forum Member

DANG TAR PRAYERS FOR YOUR FRIEND AND MAYBE WE ALL NEED TO FOLLOW THE KIND OF EXAMPLE YOU SET THIS WEEKEND, PAY IT FORWARD IN ALL THINGS THAT WE DO. DO UNTO OTHERS ETC.

Old Post 07-23-2018 02:59 AM