UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Blueticks: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Big Country Blueticks
Pages (8): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Mark V.
UKC Forum Member

btt

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-18-2016 01:40 PM
Mark V. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mark V. Click here to Send Mark V. a Private Message Click Here to Email Mark V. Find more posts by Mark V. Add Mark V. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DWALSTON
UKC Forum Member

DIZZIE?

MARK, CAN YOU TELL IF DIZZIE IS GOING TO HAVE PUPS? I KNOW YOU SAID YOU FELT LIKE IT WAS POSSIBLY TO LATE IN HER CYCLE BUT WAS CURIOUS IF SHE TOOK. REALLY HOPE TO BE STARTING A PUP FROM THIS CROSS.

THE PUPS FROM BIMBO X JAZZ SEEM TO BE PLEASING THEIR OWNERS. THE ONES THAT HAVE BEEN MESSED WITH ARE SHOWING ALL THE SIGNS YOU LIKE TO SEE IN A PUP.

I HAVE HAD SOME INTEREST LATELY OF GUYS INQUIRING ABOUT BREEDING THERE GOOD FEMALES TO BIMBO. NONE OF THESE MEN HAVE ACTUALLY HUNTED WITH BIMBO, BUT HAVE BEEN TOLD BY OTHERS THAT HAVE HUNTED WITH HIM THAT THEY REALLY NEED TO CHECK HIM OUT. TO ME PERSONALLY THERE IS NO BETTER ADVERTISEMENT THAN THE ACKNOWLEDGEMENT FROM OTHER TOP HOUNDSMAN IN THIS SPORT. MOST OF THESE GENTLEMEN ARE NOT HUNTING BLUETICKS EITHER.

CURRENTLY BIMBO IS AT STEVE BURKHOLDER'S PLACE. STEVE HAS DECIDED TO GET ON BOARD AND HELP PUT BIMBO IN SOME OF THE BIGGER HUNTS THIS 2017 COMPETITION YEAR. CHRIS AND I ARE GLAD TO HAVE STEVE ON OUR TEAM.

ALSO CHRIS HAS BEEN PUTTING SOME HUNTING ON JAZZ AND GETTING HER BACK IN SHAPE FROM HAVING PUPS. HE PUT A NITE CHAMPION WIN ON HER LAST FRIDAY. JAZZ HAS BEEN LOOKING EXTRA TOUGH AS OF LATELY AND WE ARE HOPING SHE LEFT HER MARK ON THESE PUPS ALSO.

Last edited by DWALSTON on 02-06-2017 at 08:17 PM

Old Post 02-06-2017 02:11 PM
DWALSTON is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DWALSTON Click here to Send DWALSTON a Private Message Click Here to Email DWALSTON Find more posts by DWALSTON Add DWALSTON to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mark V.
UKC Forum Member

I am sorry to say that she did not stick. Somehow i must have missed the first couple days and she got past me. I was really looking forward to this cross! We will have to wait and see how she comes in next time. Thanks for all your help tring tomake this happen !!

Old Post 02-08-2017 04:50 AM
Mark V. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mark V. Click here to Send Mark V. a Private Message Click Here to Email Mark V. Find more posts by Mark V. Add Mark V. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rowdy
UKC Forum Member

02/08/17 Update

Wow,it's been a while since I updated. So, here goes...
Big Country (Bimbo) was moved up north and is going to be handled by Steve Burkholder this year. Donny and I are are honored to have a handler of Steve's caliber hunting him.
Steve came into the picture when I called and told him I needed a hard core hunting handler that knew how to win for a special dog. Steve loaded up and drove 4 hours to come see what we had. After one night of hunting, Steve was interested. After two nights he was excited and wanted in on Team Big Country. Bimbo put on a decent 2 night performance and Steve hauled him home. Since then Steve has been working him hard and he is close to hitting the circuit. We are excited.
Jazz was hunted regularly throughout Indiana coon season. I did not keep track of the number of coons we treed with her. She got a late start due to the litter she whelped from her and Bimbo. December is usually a tough month to tree coons but Jazz was able to hit the ground and scrape out a few. I did keep track of trees and coons seen the last seven nights of our season. She treed 15 coons on 17 trees in five nights of hunting. I took a couple nights off for my sons high school basketball games. The two coons I did not see we're in den trees.
On February 2 it was cold and frosty with temps around 10 degrees and it was clear skies. There was a UKC hunt close and Jazz picked up her second Nite Champion win with a score of 550+ 0- and no circle. She had two first strikes and 2 first trees on three coon to top 2 casts of Nite champions.
The pups are doing very well. I am getting good reports back on the ones sold. The four we kept are smart athletic and tree minded. Three of them will Tree on hang ups or stage. The female I kept "Chaos" hasn't treed but is an extreme athlete and is not afraid to get out from under you feet. She is a hunting maniac and it is not unusual for her to get out a little over 100 yards on woods walks.
That's it. Sorry for being delinquent on here. Most of our videos and updates can be seen on Facebook at Big Country Blueticks.
One more thing, Donny Steve and I have gotten a few inquiries about Stud service from Bimbo. We have decided that he is available by AI only and arrangements can be made through Donny.
Thanks.

Old Post 02-08-2017 04:18 PM
Rowdy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rowdy Click here to Send Rowdy a Private Message Click Here to Email Rowdy Find more posts by Rowdy Add Rowdy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DWALSTON
UKC Forum Member

THAT'S TO BAD, MARK! I WAS REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO A PUP FROM THESE TWO. THANKS AGAIN FOR CONSIDERING BIMBO AS A SIRE FOR YOUR NICE FEMALE. YOU HAVE MADE SOME REALLY GOOD CROSSES THROUGH THE YEARS AND ITS A PRIVILEDGE TO GET A CHANCE TO BREED A FEMALE LIKE DIZZIE. HER WIN RECORD AND REPUTATION SPEAK FOR ITSELF. IF YOU DECIDE TO TRY IT AGAIN LET ME KNOW AND I'LL DO EVERYTHING I CAN TO HELP MAKE IT HAPPEN. DON'T THINK YOU COULD GO WRONG DOUBLING UP ON YOUR OLD SADIE FEMALE. GOOD HUNTING TO YOU AND KEEP IN TOUCH!

Old Post 02-09-2017 05:47 PM
DWALSTON is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DWALSTON Click here to Send DWALSTON a Private Message Click Here to Email DWALSTON Find more posts by DWALSTON Add DWALSTON to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vic Stoll
UKC Forum Member

Congrats!

Congratulations Gentlemen!

Keep after em in Aurora!

It stinks that you drew out with Rock in the late round, but you have no control over that. The little Dark gyp ain't no slouch either, witnessed that for myself firsthand.

Best of luck to all! I'm hoping to see an early & late round CW in one of the upcoming nights!

Gone but not forgotten:
Nt Ch Fanny's Midnite Blue Annie - aka Sodie Pop R.I.P. - I will miss you old girl

Nt Ch Becky’s Midnite Blue Hank - R.I.P. Old Boy, thank you for the memories

Gr Nt Ch S&E's Midnite Lite Blue Snow (Co-Owned with my good friend Harry Eidenier) - We had a blast following you ole girl!

Old Post 03-14-2017 08:01 PM
Vic Stoll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Vic Stoll Click here to Send Vic Stoll a Private Message Find more posts by Vic Stoll Add Vic Stoll to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DWALSTON
UKC Forum Member

THANKS VIC!

'BIG COUNTRY' IS GOING TO GET THE NIGHT OFF TONIGHT, AND ENTERED BACK INTO THE MIX WEDNESDAY. WE ARE HOPING TO GET HIM QUALIFIED AND HAVE A SHOT AT THE GOODS. YOU KNOW AS WELL AS I DO THAT WHEN THERE IS THIS MUCH AT STAKE AT THESE TYPE OF HUNTS, THERE ALSO IS NO SHORTAGE OF DOG POWER. STAY TUNED!!!!!

Old Post 03-14-2017 09:54 PM
Vic Stoll
UKC Forum Member

Re: THANKS VIC!

quote:
Originally posted by DWALSTON
'BIG COUNTRY' IS GOING TO GET THE NIGHT OFF TONIGHT, AND ENTERED BACK INTO THE MIX WEDNESDAY. WE ARE HOPING TO GET HIM QUALIFIED AND HAVE A SHOT AT THE GOODS. YOU KNOW AS WELL AS I DO THAT WHEN THERE IS THIS MUCH AT STAKE AT THESE TYPE OF HUNTS, THERE ALSO IS NO SHORTAGE OF DOG POWER. STAY TUNED!!!!!

I tip my hat to you guys! You are spot on about no shortage!

A Blue dog, elimination style format, no leaves on, and some of the highest level elite competition to be found! All I can say is you have separated yourself from the majority percentage of Bluetickers by your actions, not words.

Lay in there with em! Keep on keep'in on!

Gone but not forgotten:
Nt Ch Fanny's Midnite Blue Annie - aka Sodie Pop R.I.P. - I will miss you old girl

Gr Nt Ch S&E's Midnite Lite Blue Snow (Co-Owned with my good friend Harry Eidenier) - We had a blast following you ole girl!

Old Post 03-14-2017 11:49 PM
Vic Stoll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Vic Stoll Click here to Send Vic Stoll a Private Message Find more posts by Vic Stoll Add Vic Stoll to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rowdy
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Vic

Donny, Steve and I want to promote/breed/train dogs that can compete on any level.
There are a few blues at the hunt. Johnny Brown has Bocephus(Big Country's sire) there and James Tyre is hunting Rock for Shabel/Jones.

Old Post 03-15-2017 12:47 PM
Rowdy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rowdy Click here to Send Rowdy a Private Message Click Here to Email Rowdy Find more posts by Rowdy Add Rowdy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vic Stoll
UKC Forum Member

Re: Thanks Vic

quote:
Originally posted by Rowdy
Donny, Steve and I want to promote/breed/train dogs that can compete on any level.
There are a few blues at the hunt. Johnny Brown has Bocephus(Big Country's sire) there and James Tyre is hunting Rock for Shabel/Jones.

I respect what you guys are doing! Great to see you team up & work together towards a common goal! It is not an easy task.

Yes sir! Rock & Bocephus both had a CW in the early round Monday night & Tuesday night. The late round wasn't in the cards for them either night, but both are right there in the thick of things!

I'm rooting for all three Blues to get through! Best of luck to your team, Johnny Brown, & James Tirey in Aurora!

Gone but not forgotten:

Old Post 03-15-2017 06:11 PM
hat creek mac
UKC Forum Member

Congratulations on a nice showing this weekend by "Bimbo"

Overall high scoring dog for the 3 nights in LaGrange, IN $kc

I sure like to see guys that aren't scared to show what they are packing over in the "other" kennel clubs that are dominated by big money hounds and handlers.

Congratulations to Steve Burkholder as well for holding the reins and making the calls.

Old Post 05-07-2017 10:38 PM
hat creek mac is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hat creek mac Click here to Send hat creek mac a Private Message Click Here to Email hat creek mac Find more posts by hat creek mac Add hat creek mac to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jared Lawrason
UKC Forum Member

Nice job last week.

GRNITECH PKC CH Lawrason's Blue Elle(9/25/01-6/25/10)
GRNITECH PKC CH Owl Creek Barbara Jean(9/15/07-11/15/19)
GRNITECH CH Muddy Creek Spikes Crow(B&D's Spike x Barbara Jean)
GRNITECH GRCH Vining Nail(6/20/10-3/6/21)
NITECH CH Johnson's Blue Widdle (GRCH GRNITECH Hollycreeks Treetalkin Smokey x NITECH GRCH Holly Creeks Treeslammin Katie)
NITECH Code Blue Sue (Bocephus x Barbara Jean)

Old Post 05-08-2017 09:06 PM
Jared Lawrason is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jared Lawrason Click here to Send Jared Lawrason a Private Message Click Here to Email Jared Lawrason Find more posts by Jared Lawrason Add Jared Lawrason to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DWALSTON
UKC Forum Member

'Big Country'

Thanks Ritchie and Jared!
Steve has been putting some good hunting on Bimbo and really has him operating at a high level. We have always believed that he could compete in any registry with anything, and he is starting to prove us right.

Steve is a hardcore hunter and a hardcore competitor that will tell you he hasn't been this excited about a hound since Droop Jr. was on the end of his leash.

Old Post 05-10-2017 03:39 PM
jodaviess1
UKC Forum Member

BIG COUNTRY

CONGRATULATIONS GUYS ON HAVING A WINNER AND GETTING HIM TO TOWN TO PROVE IT. <v>

Old Post 05-10-2017 07:39 PM
jodaviess1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jodaviess1 Click here to Send jodaviess1 a Private Message Click Here to Email jodaviess1 Find more posts by jodaviess1 Add jodaviess1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DWALSTON
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Perry V!

Are you going to make it to Bluetick Days this year? If I can get away from work, wife, and kids long enough I'm going to try and get up there. Hope your doing good and maybe I'll run into you next week!

Old Post 05-10-2017 07:49 PM
jodaviess1
UKC Forum Member

BLUETICK DAYS

BEEN KICKING IT AROUND AND MAY MAKE THE TRIP DONNY. I SURE WOULD LIKE TO SEE EVERYBODY AND GET CAUGHT UP. <v>

Old Post 05-10-2017 09:24 PM
jodaviess1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jodaviess1 Click here to Send jodaviess1 a Private Message Click Here to Email jodaviess1 Find more posts by jodaviess1 Add jodaviess1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vic Stoll
UKC Forum Member

CONGRATS on a very successful weekend Gentlemen!

Keep it rolling! Great to see!

Gone but not forgotten:

Old Post 05-10-2017 11:17 PM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

BIG COUNTRY

Congrats on the Great Win Guys! Great Breeding and Hard Hunting paying off!! Wishing yaw the best as you travel the Competition Road!!

Old Post 05-11-2017 03:37 AM
steve bankston is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steve bankston Click here to Send steve bankston a Private Message Click Here to Email steve bankston Find more posts by steve bankston Add steve bankston to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

BLUETICK DAYS

Congrats to Donny, Chris, Steve, Big Country Bimbo and Jazz on the Winning they did at Bluetick Days the past few nights. The Time Spent in these 2 hounds is showing up in the Winners Circle. Also Congrats to the Breeders behind them. It's in The Blood!!

Old Post 05-21-2017 03:31 PM
steve bankston is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steve bankston Click here to Send steve bankston a Private Message Click Here to Email steve bankston Find more posts by steve bankston Add steve bankston to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BEST EVER
Banned

Congrats on your win, nice hound!

GRNTCHGRCH PR Super Blue Riptide
GRNITECH 'PR' Prairie Creek Blue Big Horn

Mark Robbins Home : 812-547-1358 cell 812-309-8290
Corey Robbins Cell : 812-608-1645 / Home 812-547-2775

Old Post 05-21-2017 07:05 PM
BEST EVER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BEST EVER Click here to Send BEST EVER a Private Message Find more posts by BEST EVER Add BEST EVER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hat creek mac
UKC Forum Member

Congratulations on your wins this weekend!

When you get time, post the pedigrees of your hounds so folks can see what is behind all that dog power!!!

Old Post 05-22-2017 01:59 AM
hat creek mac is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hat creek mac Click here to Send hat creek mac a Private Message Click Here to Email hat creek mac Find more posts by hat creek mac Add hat creek mac to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steeb_63
UKC Forum Member

CONGRATS!!! WISHING YOU AND THEM HOUNDS MANY MORE WEEKENDS LIKE YOU HAD!!!!

2018 2ND PLACE BREED WINNER PKC
2019 ILLINOIS STATE CHAMPION
2019 AUTUMN OAKS GRAND 16
2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATL GRNITECH OF BREED
2019 ZONE 3 HIGH SCORING DOG
2019 WORLD CH TOP 100
2019 PURINA NATIONALS BREED WINNER.
2019 FALL ROUND UP KING OF THE HUNT.
2019 ERCHA PKC PRO HUNT TOP 4
2020 WINTER CLASSIC SAT. 4TH PLACE CHAMPION DIVISION
2020 WORLD QUALIIFIED
2020 NATIONAL BLUETICK DAYS INVITATIONAL HUNT WINNER
2020 NATIONAL BLUETICK DAYS DOUBLE CAST WINNER 3RD PLACE GRNITECH FRI AND 4TH PLACE GRNITECH SAT
2020 Natl english days high scoring dog overall fri 1rst place grnitech sat 3rd place grnitech.
2021 invitational hunt winner
2021 natl bluetick days 9th place RQE winner
T0C Top 64 winner

ALSO HOME OF
PR Stebers Lil Blue Krayzee[dual grand penny x grnitech krypt]
nitech Stebers Big Ole Slick
NITECH STEBERS MIGHTY LONESOME 3 AKA CASH[7 wins towards grnitech
Stebers Mighty Blue Bell
Stebers 5 Gen
Stebers Pure Country
Stebers Shining Diamond
Stebers Lonesome Sue
Stebers Mighty Blue Patsy
Stebers Ole Blue Betty
Stebers Lil Blue Krayzee II
AND SEVERAL YOUNG ONES IN THE MIX

Old Post 05-22-2017 04:04 AM
steeb_63 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steeb_63 Click here to Send steeb_63 a Private Message Click Here to Email steeb_63 Find more posts by steeb_63 Add steeb_63 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
davemc
UKC Forum Member

congrats

Congrats!! to Donnie, Chris, and Steve on a job well done. Good people with good Hounds. I have no doubt they have many more winnings to come.

Old Post 05-22-2017 12:34 PM
davemc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for davemc Click here to Send davemc a Private Message Find more posts by davemc Add davemc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blueherron
UKC Forum Member

Never hunted with him but this dog must be the real mccoy. You guys have had a lot of success recently and i commend you on your hard work and owning such a nice hound. To win this much in both registries takes something special especially in a blue hyde. Congrats again guys, and you couldn't have a better guy handling him as Steve is a class act

Old Post 05-22-2017 12:34 PM
blueherron is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blueherron Click here to Send blueherron a Private Message Click Here to Email blueherron Find more posts by blueherron Add blueherron to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DWALSTON
UKC Forum Member

PEDIGREE

-----------------GRNT Echo II
-----------GRNT Double Springs Bodacious
------------------GRNT Razor Ridge Pop a dot
-----GRNT Goodsons Rowdy Bocephus
-----------------GRNT-Rambo II
-----------GRNT Davis Salin Sadie
-----------------GRNT Davis white river sugar

PKC CH. NITE CH. WALSTON’S BLUE ‘BIG COUNTRY’

-----------------GRNITECH FLURRY'S HANKS CREEK BLUE JET
-----------GRNITECH GRCH BYNOG & MCDONALD'S HAT CR. D-CON
----------------NITECH MCDONALD'S HAT CREEK BLUE SADIE
------GRNITECH SHELTON'S COTTON OXY
----------------GRNITECH SMILEY'S BLUE LEVI
-----------GRNITECH GRCH SHELTON'S TALLY HO
------------- ---GRNITECH GRCH SHELTONS LITTLE BIT OF BLUE SKY

HERE IS HIS PEDIGREE FOR THOSE WHO ARE ASKING. HE IS FROM A GOOD CROSS THAT THE MAJORITY OF THE LITTER TURNED OUT TO MAKE COON DOGS. RITCHIE MCDONALD CAN GO INTO MORE DEPTH ON HIS BOTTOM SIDE, AS HE EITHER OWNED OR HUNTED WITH THE MAJORITY OF THE DOGS.

Last edited by DWALSTON on 05-22-2017 at 03:12 PM

Old Post 05-22-2017 03:09 PM