UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > !!---Rack Em Up Willy Pedigree ?---!!
Pages (5): « First ... « 3 4 [5]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

What about the AKC World Champion and the CHKC World Champions? Should they also be invited? Can you just imagine the debate over which rules to go by? I don't think that anything in the coonhunting world will ever be "undisputed". We can't even agree on which is the best boot or the best light.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-30-2018 06:16 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
swamp1
Banned

Yea

All the 4 major World Champions in Grand Daddy of them all! Since Willy is AKC World champion also,let them put in ACHA World Champion can compete when this happens to make it 4 dogs. As far as rules, let them pick their poison, with one stipulated rule. No leash 🔐 rule. I vote,lets get the party $tarted. As far as agreeing, John Wick said it years ago,l believe! It aint gonna happen!

Old Post 10-30-2018 07:44 PM
swamp1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for swamp1 Click here to Send swamp1 a Private Message Find more posts by swamp1 Add swamp1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Richard/swamp1

Swamp1, I believe Willy is a pretty good hound and beat some decent dogs to win the UKC and AKC HUNTS. Richard, I agree with you, the competition at the PKC HUNT was way better competition. Arguing won't solve anything, but look at the facts Willy could not win a first round cast in 2 nights of hunting, he just got beat both nights with plus POINTS, that is a fact. The dogs that beat Willy got beat that is a fact. Richard knows what the level of competition is like in PKC compared to other REGISTRIES, that is a fact. Fact is WILLY got beat both nights by dogs that were beat. Nuff said! Dave

Old Post 10-30-2018 08:23 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Simple fact is, Willy is still better than what I am hunting.

Old Post 10-30-2018 08:34 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Willy

Willy is no doubt a good dog and I would love to own him. He certainly doesn't need anyone's approval. Now is he the best coon dog in the country? You be the judge! Dave

Old Post 10-30-2018 08:55 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

There is no "best dog" just as there is no best truck and no best light. I expect he is probably an awful nice coondog.

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Old Post 10-30-2018 09:11 PM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
swamp1
Banned

Agreed

I'm not argueing,just having conversations. Willy won 2 world hunts back to back. He lost out in other, thats all. Secretariat lost out too before winning Triple 👑. Just expressing my opinion. Way more $kc hunts local per week than any other kcs. Therefore more chances to win competition if taken to town. Plenty of good dogs not competition hunted. Have a good day.

Old Post 10-30-2018 09:25 PM
swamp1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for swamp1 Click here to Send swamp1 a Private Message Find more posts by swamp1 Add swamp1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Swamp1

You are correct, there are a lot of good dogs that never get competition hunted. My hunting partner has one of the best pleasure dogs that I have hunted with, he is a coon dog deluxe by himself. I really don't think he would fare very good in PKC HUNTS . Dave

Old Post 10-30-2018 10:13 PM
novicane65
UKC Forum Member

The guys on here that don't think PKC has stiffer competition. I invite you to hunt at the big hunts next year. I don't hunt too many hunts a year. Mostly because I'm working when most of the hunts happen. But I did attend the world hunt last year. Didn't do any good. But wasn't expecting to. This year there was a bunch of really good dogs that just couldn't double up out there. And if I was a gambling man, ( Izzy against Willy) I know who my $ would be on.

And
Partners on a few common trashy young dogs

Gone but not forgotten

GrNtCh, PKC Ch Hillbilly Bildo
Pr Broken Oaks Wild Blue Gypsy

Old Post 10-30-2018 10:58 PM
novicane65 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for novicane65 Click here to Send novicane65 a Private Message Click Here to Email novicane65 Find more posts by novicane65 Add novicane65 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Eric

X2..................Night and day differences in the type of dogs in the different REGISTRIES. Dave

Old Post 10-30-2018 11:06 PM
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

There are dogs that win often with different handlers. There are handlers that win often with different dogs. It just takes hard work and a little extra effort with the common sense/knowledge to know what a coon hound is and to hunt one and hunt it hard. We could right now put a list of names together the would probably be in the last couple of nights of the next world hunt. Why would you choose them. Because they choose their dogs the same way we would select them. They know what it takes to win and they put in the time/effort.

Old Post 10-31-2018 12:17 AM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
swamp1
Banned

Maybe

I do know of one hunt that happened down around Louisiana about 5 years back. The outcome was not very pretty for the World Champion. Got out treed 3 to 1 live ones, quick, fast, and in a hurry. The hunt results were relayed to me by a former mutiple World Champion Winner and he had the rings to prove it. I'll just say this, they didn't want the hunt results getting out . And it was a crossbred that dished out that beatdown.

Thats my story and I'm stick'n too it! Opinions vary, either way. I still vote for a hunt off, I'll take that Underdog, 2to1.
Have a good day.

Old Post 10-31-2018 12:39 AM
swamp1
Banned

Re: Willy

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Richards
Willy is no doubt a good dog and I would love to own him. He certainly doesn't need anyone's approval. Now is he the best coon dog in the country? You be the judge! Dave
I vote, yes. He won 2 different World Titles in 2 weeks.

Old Post 10-31-2018 12:48 AM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Swamp1

You are a loyal supporter, that's for sure! If Willy was mine, I would sent you a Willy Jacket to wear, sadly, he is not mine. Dave

Old Post 10-31-2018 12:57 AM
swamp1
Banned

Re: .

quote:
Originally posted by Bruce m. Conkey
There are dogs that win often with different handlers. There are handlers that win often with different dogs. It just takes hard work and a little extra effort with the common sense/knowledge to know what a coon hound is and to hunt one and hunt it hard. We could right now put a list of names together the would probably be in the last couple of nights of the next world hunt. Why would you choose them. Because they choose their dogs the same way we would select them. They know what it takes to win and they put in the time/effort.
X2, on any given night a coondog can win. It only takes a few seconds for the tide to turn. A person may have a super good hound, however some others have coondogs too. Even the best don't win them all.

Old Post 10-31-2018 12:57 AM
swamp1
Banned

Re: Swamp1

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Richards
You are a loyal supporter, that's for sure! If Willy was mine, I would sent you a Willy Jacket to wear, sadly, he is not mine. Dave
Hey, Dave! You picked him too, in zone finals. Then he won AkC World but their just chicken scratch? 😂, I don't buy it.
Not for a second. Let'm join together and put on the hunt and lets find out. Surely it can be done. The Super Bowl Grande Hunt!

Old Post 10-31-2018 01:10 AM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Swamp1

Yes I am a Willy fan, I was rooting for him in the PKC HUNT. I would own him in a heartbeat if possible. I just think that we may have over estimated him and under estimated the PKC competition. Dave

Old Post 10-31-2018 08:29 AM
swamp1
Banned

Maybe so, Dave

I don't think we've seen the last of Willy unless they retire him. Meltdown has been beat over and over, and just recently beat his self again,yet he is biggest winner of all time. Maybe he is over estimated too? 😂, Not! No doubt the $ dogs are very good most nights but to say their superior to the other kc champions is a bunch of hot air! Meltdown is proof of that. He just up and gave them a $20,000 gift,thats all!
Willy won 2 World hunts back to back and he looses two cast and is overrated ? The young man won fair and thats a great thing for him and the sport,He deserves it,
I'm glad for him.
However, by implying that other World Hunt KC dogs are inferior to $kc's dogs is smoke and mirrors and Meltdown proves it, with that gift he handed them. Plain and Simple.

Old Post 10-31-2018 04:55 PM
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

Let he who has a dog that never left a tree cast the first stone.

Old Post 10-31-2018 05:09 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
swamp1
Banned

X2

And thats " dawg gone" right! On a $ilver Platter!

Old Post 10-31-2018 05:28 PM
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Don't you guys realize the biggest flaw with coon hunting is the jealousy others have for someones good dog. There are a lot of good dogs out there. But somehow hearing someone nice about one of them is rare.

Back in the 60's I choose coon hunting over fox hunting for one reason. When fox hunting I would listen to the guys argue half the night on what dog is doing what and how Old Joe was leading the pack. I didn't want any part of the BS that went with determining the best hound. I choose coon hunting because I could turn the dog loose and pick it up at a tree with a coon in it. Anyone that wanted to take the trip to the tree with me, could see there was a coon there and that my dog treed it.

Well today that has changed. You get to a tree with a group of men. The next day you hear about how your dog moved, was mean and run the others off, ran trash and fell treed, babbled through the woods and ran over a coon, backtracked and winded a coon to tree. Anything but "The dog treed a coon and done a good job". The sad part is. This is this is when your hunting with friends. Hunt against competition and it gets worse.

Old Post 10-31-2018 07:03 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

Some nites I’m the windshield, Some nites I’m the bug, but it’s all fun With the people I hunt with and they wouldn’t have it any other way!

GrNtCh Big Money
GrNtCh North Mt Mort
T&R’s Homemade Trouble

GrNtChGrCh Homemade Josie.
Homemade Tank.
GrNtCh Hardwood Bean (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Abbotts Bawling Rebel (SEMEN)
GrNtChGrCh Tj's Stylish Lipper (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Nite Life Pay Dirt (SEMEN)
GrNtCh PKC Ch Poison Smoke (SEMEN)

HomeMade Kennels
Newton N.C

2010 SETWA BREEDER OF THE YEAR!!
(828) 302-5480

Old Post 10-31-2018 07:14 PM
nitehunter2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nitehunter2004 Click here to Send nitehunter2004 a Private Message Find more posts by nitehunter2004 Add nitehunter2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
swamp1
Banned

Re: .

quote:
Originally posted by Bruce m. Conkey
Don't you guys realize the biggest flaw with coon hunting is the jealousy others have for someones good dog. There are a lot of good dogs out there. But somehow hearing someone nice about one of them is rare.

Back in the 60's I choose coon hunting over fox hunting for one reason. When fox hunting I would listen to the guys argue half the night on what dog is doing what and how Old Joe was leading the pack. I didn't want any part of the BS that went with determining the best hound. I choose coon hunting because I could turn the dog loose and pick it up at a tree with a coon in it. Anyone that wanted to take the trip to the tree with me, could see there was a coon there and that my dog treed it.

Well today that has changed. You get to a tree with a group of men. The next day you hear about how your dog moved, was mean and run the others off, ran trash and fell treed, babbled through the woods and ran over a coon, backtracked and winded a coon to tree. Anything but "The dog treed a coon and done a good job". The sad part is. This is this is when your hunting with friends. Hunt against competition and it gets worse.

X2, thats what I been saying, just in different terms. My daddy was a fox hunter too! Even when me, my brother and cousin coonhunted back then, there was jealousy talk by other bigtime comp and pleasure hunters about who was best. Ain't nothing new! John Wick wrote about it later on. Other people that owned popular dogs spoke of it through their experiences of jealousy. It ain't never gonna stop even when you're at top of mountain. Its the nature of the beast.

Old Post 10-31-2018 08:57 PM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Bruce Conkey

Excellent post, sadly, it's all too true. It's a fine line between good natured competition and down right jealousy. We all have seen exactly what you wrote about, even from ones own hunting buddies. I really think it exists in all things, it's the bad part of human nature. It's really up to each of us to resist using this behavior, friends are more important than who's dog treed first. Dave

Old Post 10-31-2018 11:30 PM