UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > bark collar
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
hat creek mac
UKC Forum Member

bark collar

I haven't had to use one in a good while. What is the best brand out there today? I have had several different brands. The Tri Tronics never seemed to last very long for me. Maybe others have had different experiences. Just looking for some input before I purchase a couple of new ones. Thanks in advance.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-20-2022 08:09 PM
hat creek mac is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hat creek mac Click here to Send hat creek mac a Private Message Click Here to Email hat creek mac Find more posts by hat creek mac Add hat creek mac to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
coonhunter00
UKC Forum Member

I have been using the SportDog SBC-10. Really like them I got 2 recently from outdoor dog supply and found 2 more new in the box on EBay. Made offers and got them little cheaper. Here is the link
https://www.outdoordogsupply.com/pr...rol-dog-collar/

Old Post 11-20-2022 09:50 PM
coonhunter00 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for coonhunter00 Click here to Send coonhunter00 a Private Message Click Here to Email coonhunter00 Find more posts by coonhunter00 Add coonhunter00 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bsmith921
UKC Forum Member

Bark collar

I have had the Dogtra ys600s I believe is the model for years now and it’s held up great and has always worked good.

Old Post 11-21-2022 12:22 AM
bsmith921 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bsmith921 Click here to Send bsmith921 a Private Message Click Here to Email bsmith921 Find more posts by bsmith921 Add bsmith921 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JohnnyRingo20
UKC Forum Member

Dogtra ys600

Old Post 11-21-2022 01:06 AM
JohnnyRingo20 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyRingo20 Click here to Send JohnnyRingo20 a Private Message Find more posts by JohnnyRingo20 Add JohnnyRingo20 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J.R.__Ratliff
UKC Forum Member

You can’t go wrong with the dogtra YS600. I have tested other brands and the dogtra YS600 was the one with the best results. It only corrects when dog actual barks. Other brands was shocking my hounds when they was eating. Dogtra also has dummy collar the size of Ys600 I use also. I mix it up between dummy collar and actual collar. The YS600 is rechargeable and offer a tone, vibration, and stimulation for correction. Check them out at this link

https://www.dogtra.com/products/stubborn-dogs/ys600

Old Post 11-27-2022 04:21 AM
J.R.__Ratliff is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J.R.__Ratliff Click here to Send J.R.__Ratliff a Private Message Click Here to Email J.R.__Ratliff Visit J.R.__Ratliff's homepage! Find more posts by J.R.__Ratliff Add J.R.__Ratliff to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BluetickHound22
UKC Forum Member

I have 4 Garmin Stubborn no barks and Just bought two Dogtra Ys600 no bark collars and put them on dogs yesterday.

I’ve owned the Garmin collars for a year and I’ve only had the Dogtra collars for 3 days.
The Garmin has held up fine for a year and they are used almost every day.
Can’t say much about the Dogtra other than I don’t like how much heavier it is and i don’t like the design of the on and off stimulation dial.
I also like the smaller collar strap on the Garmin.
Garmin collars have a auto Setting to where then stimulation will rise as the dog barks. Or you can set it on whatever level you prefer.
The Dogtra is on whatever level you set it on. Vibrates to warn the dog then shocks on what level you have it set on.
Both could be good and bad.
Jmo

Last edited by BluetickHound22 on 11-27-2022 at 05:50 AM

Old Post 11-27-2022 05:48 AM
BluetickHound22 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BluetickHound22 Click here to Send BluetickHound22 a Private Message Click Here to Email BluetickHound22 Find more posts by BluetickHound22 Add BluetickHound22 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote