UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Curs and Feists > Iso ...cur that cast like a hound!!!
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Big spike hamme
UKC Forum Member

Iso ...cur that cast like a hound!!!

Anyone have one for sale ?? Wanting a straight coon dog !! Will NOT be hunting squirrels....

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-28-2018 07:03 AM
Big spike hamme is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Big spike hamme Click here to Send Big spike hamme a Private Message Find more posts by Big spike hamme Add Big spike hamme to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bphart8530
UKC Forum Member

Hard to find

A lot of people have them (or claim to at least) but they’re hard to find. I have a grade female hunts like she shot out of a rocket dead silent trees a lot of pop ups and you can bet she ain’t for sale!

Old Post 01-30-2018 11:38 PM
bphart8530 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bphart8530 Click here to Send bphart8530 a Private Message Find more posts by bphart8530 Add bphart8530 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tn russ
UKC Forum Member

Imo youll find what you're looking for in a squirrel dog. Most will make coon dogs if you hunt them. Just not many people training curs for coon and pushing them .

Old Post 01-31-2018 12:03 AM
tn russ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tn russ Click here to Send tn russ a Private Message Click Here to Email tn russ Find more posts by tn russ Add tn russ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nccatfisher
UKC Forum Member

There are a few that have them, most that do spent years of breeding/buying/culling to get to where they could depend on the majority of them being that way. Once they get them they usually don't turn them loose. Or that has been my observation.

https://sites.google.com/site/riverroadkennel/

Old Post 02-01-2018 12:42 AM
nccatfisher is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nccatfisher Click here to Send nccatfisher a Private Message Click Here to Email nccatfisher Visit nccatfisher's homepage! Find more posts by nccatfisher Add nccatfisher to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cornboy
UKC Forum Member

Why would you want a cur to hunt like a hound

Old Post 03-25-2018 11:31 PM
cornboy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cornboy Click here to Send cornboy a Private Message Click Here to Email cornboy Find more posts by cornboy Add cornboy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nccatfisher
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by cornboy
Why would you want a cur to hunt like a hound
For coon hunting many, myself included if you are in an area that isn't riddled with coons you have to have them that hunt like a hound to find coons regularly. I refuse to walk hunt them. I want them to cast off the tailgate and go get treed.

https://sites.google.com/site/riverroadkennel/

Old Post 03-26-2018 01:36 AM
nccatfisher is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nccatfisher Click here to Send nccatfisher a Private Message Click Here to Email nccatfisher Visit nccatfisher's homepage! Find more posts by nccatfisher Add nccatfisher to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote