UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Off game
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

Off game

Is a house cat off game? Asking for a friend.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-18-2020 01:41 PM
nitehunter2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nitehunter2004 Click here to Send nitehunter2004 a Private Message Find more posts by nitehunter2004 Add nitehunter2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkinriver
UKC Forum Member

If it's my dog it's not. If it's your dog it is. Now who would that friend be? lol

Old Post 07-18-2020 01:53 PM
yadkinriver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkinriver Click here to Send yadkinriver a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkinriver Visit yadkinriver's homepage! Find more posts by yadkinriver Add yadkinriver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

The friendship is questionable LOL.

Old Post 07-18-2020 02:14 PM
nitehunter2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nitehunter2004 Click here to Send nitehunter2004 a Private Message Find more posts by nitehunter2004 Add nitehunter2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rdmedders
UKC Forum Member

If it isn’t a raccoon it’s considered off game.

Old Post 07-18-2020 03:27 PM
rdmedders is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rdmedders Click here to Send rdmedders a Private Message Click Here to Email rdmedders Find more posts by rdmedders Add rdmedders to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bob Hennessey
UKC Forum Member

There is a breed of cat called the Raccoon cat, if it was one of them could be questionable maybe. Posting for a friend LOL!

You can't fix STUPID!

Old Post 07-18-2020 06:20 PM
Bob Hennessey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bob Hennessey Click here to Send Bob Hennessey a Private Message Find more posts by Bob Hennessey Add Bob Hennessey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

If a HD said domestic animals “house cat” is not off game, is it really off game? Asking for a friend.

Old Post 07-18-2020 07:49 PM
yadkinriver
UKC Forum Member

Tim tell your friend they may need a Master of Hounds that knows the rules other than a hunt director that doesn't know that a housecat is a step below a possum, which is commonly called a Tennessee Raccoon.

Old Post 07-18-2020 08:23 PM
yadkinriver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkinriver Click here to Send yadkinriver a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkinriver Visit yadkinriver's homepage! Find more posts by yadkinriver Add yadkinriver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Re: Off game

quote:
Originally posted by nitehunter2004
Is a house cat off game? Asking for a friend.

Got me sent to the truck 2 nights in a row lol.

Tar

Old Post 07-18-2020 08:53 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Off game

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
Got me sent to the truck 2 nights in a row lol.

Tar

House cat or Wild cat? Was there a house or farm that could be seen from the tree? Asking for a friend.

Old Post 07-18-2020 09:34 PM
yadkintar
Banned

Didn’t matter that night lol. Don’t matter how you slice it a dill pickle is still a dill pickle.

Tar

Old Post 07-18-2020 10:55 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

My friend said a pickle was a cucumber till someone took it home.

Old Post 07-19-2020 12:11 AM
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
My friend said a pickle was a cucumber till someone took it home.

I used to know a guy had a mountain lion in his house but it would get you minused or scratched if he let him our to pottie and your dog treed him lol.

Tar

Old Post 07-19-2020 01:20 AM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tim

I liked the cucumber reply, bet that got Tar to scratch his chin......, hummmmmm. Dave

Old Post 07-19-2020 01:24 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Re: Tim

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Richards
I liked the cucumber reply, bet that got Tar to scratch his chin......, hummmmmm. Dave

I don’t know but when they majority out vote you nothing you can do.

Tar

Old Post 07-19-2020 01:28 AM
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Tim

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
I don’t know but when they majority out vote you nothing you can do.

Tar

That’s the answer my friend was looking for, sometimes a house cat is not off game LOL.

Old Post 07-19-2020 01:41 AM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tar

Question it and bring back to Club house, no MOH should let them get away with that. Dave

Old Post 07-19-2020 03:09 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

True story...one night my dog treed a cat by himself so everyone voted to minus him and I agreed. Other 3 dogs had a circle. We led dogs off and re cut. Their dogs went back to the cat, struck red hot, ran wide open for 50 yds and nailed a tree. We walked by the original tree and the cat was gone. When we got to their tree my dog wasn't there. We could only see the cat's eyes as he was up in a big fork so they plussed their dogs.

Old Post 07-19-2020 03:09 AM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Re: Tar

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Richards
Question it and bring back to Club house, no MOH should let them get away with that. Dave

Only way a moh can overturn a majority vote is if it’s a rule violation. He said she said is exzactly that.

Tar

Old Post 07-19-2020 03:22 AM
oldsouth123
UKC Forum Member

off game

quote:
[i]Originally posted by rdmedders
[BI]If it isn’t a raccoon it’s considered off game. [/B]
I don't know which KC it's in but fowl is not considered off game.If a turkey
,buzzard or chicken is not off game,how could you possibly minus anything. At least the other supposed off game climbs tree's.That's how ridiculous night hunt's have become ,absolute no minus allowed. Everybody get's a trophy.

Old Post 07-19-2020 03:38 AM
oldsouth123 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for oldsouth123 Click here to Send oldsouth123 a Private Message Find more posts by oldsouth123 Add oldsouth123 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rip
UKC Forum Member

Re: off game

quote:
Originally posted by oldsouth123
,buzzard or chicken is not off game,how could you possibly minus anything. At least the other supposed off game climbs tree's.That's how ridiculous night hunt's have become ,absolute no minus allowed. Everybody get's a trophy.

The rationale behind that is that they didn't climb the tree they flew so the dogs could not have tracked them to the tree so it is to be scored as if they are not there.

Old Post 07-19-2020 03:41 AM
Rip is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rip Click here to Send Rip a Private Message Click Here to Email Rip Visit Rip's homepage! Find more posts by Rip Add Rip to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Re: off game

quote:
Originally posted by oldsouth123

I had a guy beat me in a $$$ hunt one night with 3 skunks in a row. That crappen dog went to dismantling them right out of the truck but would leave barking every breath before we could get to it. Never shut up the whole hour freaked my dog out so bad I found him a 1 1/2 miles away after the hunt. Bad thing is I left my windows down on my pickup and it smelled like skunk for a month.

I asked him I said are you proud of that he said a cast win is a cast win.

Tar

Old Post 07-19-2020 03:49 AM
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

About 4 or 5 years ago in a hunt. The dogs were cut loose by an old barn. At the same time the judge said cut them a cat appears just to the left of my dog. Well he ran that cat one lap around the barn and it was a quick 100 minus. He peeled off that cat and got deep with a coon for 100 and a 100. However at the end of the night. That cat and the 100 minus was the difference in first for $16,000 and third for 6,000. But I took the 6,000 and the cat story and was happy with it.

Yes they are off game.

Old Post 07-19-2020 12:07 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

Re: .

quote:
Originally posted by Bruce m. Conkey
About 4 or 5 years ago in a hunt. The dogs were cut loose by an old barn. At the same time the judge said cut them a cat appears just to the left of my dog. Well he ran that cat one lap around the barn and it was a quick 100 minus. He peeled off that cat and got deep with a coon for 100 and a 100. However at the end of the night. That cat and the 100 minus was the difference in first for $16,000 and third for 6,000. But I took the 6,000 and the cat story and was happy with it.

Yes they are off game.

If it was a 2 too 2 vote Is the house cat still off game? Asking for a friend.

Old Post 07-19-2020 12:47 PM
yadkintar
Banned

Re: Re: .

quote:
If it was a 2 too 2 vote Is the house cat still off game? Asking for a friend.

I like pickles !!

Tar

Old Post 07-19-2020 12:51 PM
2ol2hunt
UKC Forum Member

I would scratch mine and make some adjustments!

Old Post 07-19-2020 02:54 PM
2ol2hunt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 2ol2hunt Click here to Send 2ol2hunt a Private Message Click Here to Email 2ol2hunt Find more posts by 2ol2hunt Add 2ol2hunt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote