UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > PG-600 to Induce Heat Cycles
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
sawtooth
UKC Forum Member

PG-600 to Induce Heat Cycles

Has Anyone used PG-600 on females with Irregular OR NO Heat cycles and had good results And does it affect the females Cycles in the future?? RBP

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-16-2019 03:16 AM
sawtooth is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sawtooth Click here to Send sawtooth a Private Message Click Here to Email sawtooth Find more posts by sawtooth Add sawtooth to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Used quite a bit in the pig industry. Several dog people are into this. I have first hand results and many reasons why I would never do to a female.

So I think your going to get pros and cons on this like everything else. Good Luck.

Old Post 06-16-2019 11:40 AM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

I did it one time, it was my last option/idea, it is very painful, she did come in heat and was Bred but no pups, I will not change Mother Nature again.

GrNtCh Big Money
GrNtCh North Mt Mort
T&R’s Homemade Trouble

GrNtChGrCh Homemade Josie.
Homemade Tank.
GrNtCh Hardwood Bean (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Abbotts Bawling Rebel (SEMEN)
GrNtChGrCh Tj's Stylish Lipper (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Nite Life Pay Dirt (SEMEN)
GrNtCh PKC Ch Poison Smoke (SEMEN)

HomeMade Kennels
Newton N.C

2010 SETWA BREEDER OF THE YEAR!!
(828) 302-5480

Old Post 06-16-2019 01:58 PM
nitehunter2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nitehunter2004 Click here to Send nitehunter2004 a Private Message Find more posts by nitehunter2004 Add nitehunter2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
POTOMAC
UKC Forum Member

Don't do it !

Old Post 06-16-2019 05:41 PM
POTOMAC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for POTOMAC Click here to Send POTOMAC a Private Message Find more posts by POTOMAC Add POTOMAC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

I used it on a female once that would not come in heat. She came in heat but never ovulated so no pups. If it is only a matter of timing, it works. But if the female has a problem, it won't fix it.

Old Post 06-16-2019 09:54 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tmarshall
UKC Forum Member

I tried it also weekly for 6wks and no results so she's gone!

Old Post 06-16-2019 11:07 PM
tmarshall is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tmarshall Click here to Send tmarshall a Private Message Click Here to Email tmarshall Find more posts by tmarshall Add tmarshall to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mattveenhuis
UKC Forum Member

PG-600

Ive seen it work 2 times and not work 1 time. The females came in heat but only took 2 of the times. Small litters if I recall.... but I think the female was pretty old too.

Old Post 06-17-2019 03:02 PM
mattveenhuis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mattveenhuis Click here to Send mattveenhuis a Private Message Find more posts by mattveenhuis Add mattveenhuis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RiverBluff
UKC Forum Member

I did it one time on a old female several years back and she took but only got four pups but 3 of them turned out to make nice hounds!

Original Home Of:
W Ch Gr F Ch Nt Ch Gr Ch River Bluff Brindle Cowboy Up

Gone but not forgotten!
Nt Ch River Bluff Brindle Tiger
Gr Nt Ch River Bluff Coon Crazy Toad
Gr Ch River Bluff Grindstone Heater
Nt Ch Rancho Ruff
Nt Ch Gr Ch Simmon's IN Daybreak Gotcha
Gr Ch Gr Nt Ch Cliff's Blue Streak

Old Post 06-26-2019 09:28 PM
RiverBluff is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RiverBluff Click here to Send RiverBluff a Private Message Click Here to Email RiverBluff Find more posts by RiverBluff Add RiverBluff to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote