UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Redbones > Preston Owens/Rodeo Redbones
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Preston Owens
UKC Forum Member

Re: May

quote:
Originally posted by bjenks
Shane, you’re right. Moonlight May was bred to Jim and we also have some puppies out of her and some B3 semen. They’re about 5 months old right now.

It's always possible that it will work out. Is that the female that's half Walker? It's not easy to bury a Walker in the gene pool. Those fellas have been breeding and working together for years. Hopefully those pups off Jim and B3 will do good.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-25-2019 12:46 PM
Preston Owens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Preston Owens Click here to Send Preston Owens a Private Message Find more posts by Preston Owens Add Preston Owens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: May

quote:
Originally posted by Hoosier Outlaw
...that bloodline has worked well for us.

....The walker bloodline?....

Old Post 02-25-2019 01:30 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cooter_hunter
UKC Forum Member

....gotta give credit where it’s due that attitude huge locate and hard hunting come from that tough bitch right ther...if I would have had her about five years later I Would have fallen in love with winning more than falling in love with a winner and might not have given some of these Redbones a shot

Old Post 02-25-2019 02:30 PM
cooter_hunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cooter_hunter Click here to Send cooter_hunter a Private Message Find more posts by cooter_hunter Add cooter_hunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Oh my goodness, that is grounds for impeachment. Our Vice President is a closet walker man. And if you look way back our President and Secretary started out in that other KC with a half breed single registered dog. What is our association coming to?

Old Post 02-25-2019 02:37 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Preston Owens
UKC Forum Member

Lol

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
Oh my goodness, that is grounds for impeachment. Our Vice President is a closet walker man. And if you look way back our President and Secretary started out in that other KC with a half breed single registered dog. What is our association coming to?

😂😂😂😂

Old Post 02-25-2019 02:59 PM
Preston Owens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Preston Owens Click here to Send Preston Owens a Private Message Find more posts by Preston Owens Add Preston Owens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hoosier Outlaw
UKC Forum Member

quote:

Didnt you push a half breed back in the day Richard?

Hoosier Outlaw / Moonlight Redbones
1994 American Redbone Coonhound Association Hunter of the Year
My first 3 redbones raised from pup's were:
Dual Gr.Ch. Outlaw Billy the Kid
Dual Gr.Ch.- PKC Ch. Outlaw Timber Girl
Dual Gr.Ch. Outlaw Scarlett Fever
(((( Current Favorites ))))
2013 AKC Ladies World Champion
Gr.Nt.Ch.- PKC Ch- AKC Ladies World Ch Ky Moonlight Breanna
Gr.Nt.Ch. - PKC Ch. Ky Moonlight Woody
Dual Grand Moonlight Deana
Dual Grand Ch.- PKC Ch. Moonlight AfterShock
Dual Grand Nighty Night Amber
Gr.Nt.Ch. Moonlight Big Time Britt
Gr.Nt.Ch Outlaw Billy Jean
Gr.Nt.Ch-PKC Ch.-2015 PKC Red Days Champ Outlaw Cherry Bomb
Gr.Nt.Ch Outlaw Breeze
Gr.Nt.Ch.Gr.Ch. All Grand Outlaw G-Man (over $20.000 won in PKC & CHKC) 2019 Southern Redbone Days Overall Champion
Gr.Nt.Ch. Moonlight Outlaw Mac
Gr.Nt.Ch. Classy Cali (Heavy Outlaw bred)
Gr.Nt.Ch. Moonlight Cat Scratch Fever
Gr.Nt.Ch. Moonlight Addiction
Gr.Nt.Ch. Moonlight Overdose
Gr.Nt.Ch. Moonlight Jinx
Gr.Nt.Ch. Moonlight Banshee
"Always outnumbered...Never outgunned!"
To enjoy lots of pics and videos of out redbones, find me on Facebook
as Shenandoah Maxey

Old Post 02-25-2019 06:30 PM
Hoosier Outlaw is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hoosier Outlaw Click here to Send Hoosier Outlaw a Private Message Click Here to Email Hoosier Outlaw Find more posts by Hoosier Outlaw Add Hoosier Outlaw to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Preston Owens
UKC Forum Member

Pups

Sure hope LG has a good litter of pups. It would be great if more dominant crosses were actually linebred over in other lines. Maybe someone is doing it but just doesnt post on here ? I see family breeding but not actual line breeding. It's a common thing in other hounds. Just not in Redbones

Old Post 02-26-2019 06:00 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Oh my goodness, where in the world have you been? You may need to get out a little more often.

Old Post 02-26-2019 06:55 PM
Preston Owens
UKC Forum Member

😂

quote:
Oh my goodness, where in the world have you been? You may need to get out a little more often.

Where 😂

Old Post 02-26-2019 07:05 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Tom Solberg did it a long time ago. He is from Wisconsin. You probably haven't heard of Rabble Rouser. A fellow by the name of Harold Hoffmeister used it also. He was from Missouri. You might have heard of him. Then there is that Pastor up in Va and his buddy, Buck. They tried it a few times with pretty good results.

Last edited by Richard Lambert on 02-26-2019 at 07:13 PM

Old Post 02-26-2019 07:10 PM
Preston Owens
UKC Forum Member

Richard

quote:
Tom Solberg did it a long time ago. He is from Wisconsin. You probably haven't heard of Rabble Rouser. A fellow by the name of Harold Hoffmeister used it also. He was from Missouri. You might have heard of him. Then there is that Pastor up in Va and his buddy, Buck. They tried it a few times with pretty good results.

I didnt see them on here posting so I wasnt talking to or in reference to those fellas. 😉 just to all the Xbreeders on a "Redbone" thread.

Old Post 02-26-2019 07:33 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

So you are just going by what you see on this forum? As I said, maybe you oughta get out more.

Old Post 02-26-2019 08:31 PM
Preston Owens
UKC Forum Member

quote:
So you are just going by what you see on this forum? As I said, maybe you oughta get out more.

Just this Thread. The others give me a headache reading all the "fluff" 😂

Old Post 02-26-2019 08:52 PM
Preston Owens
UKC Forum Member

King

quote:

How many pups do you have left off Rhonda?

Old Post 02-26-2019 10:48 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

3 right now...

Old Post 02-26-2019 10:58 PM
Preston Owens
UKC Forum Member

King

They will bring more as Started dogs. They should be treeing by May. Dont be in a hurry to sell.

Old Post 02-27-2019 01:16 AM
Blacklabel
UKC Forum Member

I considered getting 2 and selling one

The will to win is not nearly as important as the will to prepare to win. Everyone wants to win but not everyone wants to prepare to win." - Bobby Knight

Old Post 02-27-2019 01:53 AM
Blacklabel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Blacklabel Click here to Send Blacklabel a Private Message Click Here to Email Blacklabel Find more posts by Blacklabel Add Blacklabel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Preston, I have retired. I am not a pup starter any more. I am barely a coon hunter. I am just a breeder now.

Old Post 02-27-2019 01:23 PM
Preston Owens
UKC Forum Member

King

quote:
Preston, I have retired. I am not a pup starter any more. I am barely a coon hunter. I am just a breeder now.

Shouldve taken me up on my offer then. Now I've got to do it by myself 😂

Last edited by Preston Owens on 02-27-2019 at 11:07 PM

Old Post 02-27-2019 05:45 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

I can't be a breeder if I sell my females.

Old Post 02-27-2019 11:18 PM
Hoosier Outlaw
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: May

quote:
....The walker bloodline?....

I forget...was Lambert's Timber Sweetie all redbone Richard?

Hoosier Outlaw / Moonlight Redbones
1994 American Redbone Coonhound Association Hunter of the Year
My first 3 redbones raised from pup's were:
Dual Gr.Ch. Outlaw Billy the Kid
Dual Gr.Ch.- PKC Ch. Outlaw Timber Girl
Dual Gr.Ch. Outlaw Scarlett Fever
(((( Current Favorites ))))
2013 AKC Ladies World Champion
Gr.Nt.Ch.- PKC Ch- AKC Ladies World Ch Ky Moonlight Breanna
Gr.Nt.Ch. - PKC Ch. Ky Moonlight Woody
Dual Grand Moonlight Deana
Dual Grand Ch.- PKC Ch. Moonlight AfterShock
Dual Grand Nighty Night Amber
Gr.Nt.Ch. Moonlight Big Time Britt
Gr.Nt.Ch Outlaw Billy Jean
Gr.Nt.Ch-PKC Ch.-2015 PKC Red Days Champ Outlaw Cherry Bomb
Gr.Nt.Ch Outlaw Breeze
Gr.Nt.Ch.Gr.Ch. All Grand Outlaw G-Man (over $20.000 won in PKC & CHKC) 2019 Southern Redbone Days Overall Champion
Gr.Nt.Ch. Moonlight Outlaw Mac
Gr.Nt.Ch. Classy Cali (Heavy Outlaw bred)
Gr.Nt.Ch. Moonlight Cat Scratch Fever
Gr.Nt.Ch. Moonlight Addiction
Gr.Nt.Ch. Moonlight Overdose
Gr.Nt.Ch. Moonlight Jinx
Gr.Nt.Ch. Moonlight Banshee
"Always outnumbered...Never outgunned!"
To enjoy lots of pics and videos of out redbones, find me on Facebook
as Shenandoah Maxey

Old Post 02-27-2019 11:37 PM
Hoosier Outlaw is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hoosier Outlaw Click here to Send Hoosier Outlaw a Private Message Click Here to Email Hoosier Outlaw Find more posts by Hoosier Outlaw Add Hoosier Outlaw to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bjenks
UKC Forum Member

Moonlight May

Yes, Moonlight May was half walker, but I guarantee you wouldn't know it by looking at her. Bottom line is this, that bitch is friggin coon dog and I don't care what she is out of. She has all the traits that we are looking for in our pups. She gets gone, and gets treed and sounds good doing it. Breeding should be no different then buying. How many are going to pay good money for a dog without trying it first? So why should breeding be any different? There's to many out there hung up on breeding for pedigree instead of traits. Why would I want to breed a dog that didn't have the right stuff? How many of you guys out there with a dog off Clints Pistol dog or Rex's Jim dog, have actually been in the woods with either? I can tell you that I've hunted with both, therefore I know both of their traits. By Knowing their traits, I know what they are likely to throw in their pups, and that will be the main factor when deciding which dog to breed to. How many out there would be wanting to breed to Pistol if he were just out of some random PR dogs and Clint hadn't done all that winning with him? Very few I'm guessing, but I'd still breed to him because Ive seen for myself what the dog is. I'm not gonna mention any names, but back in the day I was really wanting to breed to a particular top stud dog, but the owner wouldn't show me him in the woods so I chose a different path. One of the best crosses in recent history was the cross Derek made with Heidi and B3, and if you ask Derek why he chose to breed to the 3 dog it was because he hunted with him and he was the only other red dog that he had seen legitimately beat Heidi. He liked what he saw, so he decided to breed to him. There's way to many nice dogs out there that aren't getting bred to just because they don't have an exceptional pedigree behind them or they haven't won anything, but not every coon hunter is a competition hunter. Anyone out there that's breeding dogs need to quit worrying about breeding for pedigree and start breeding for traits. It's the only way we are gonna improve this breed. I'm not gonna buy a dog with out trying it first and I'm not gonna breed to a dog without trying it first. We bred May to B3 because that bitch is a coon dog and so was 3, and these pups are only 5 months old and we are already seeing the traits that we bred for coming out in them. Only time will tell how they turn out, but if they're anything like their momma or their daddy, then we will be hunting some dang nice dogs.

(606) 585-4701
(270) 985-8558
rodeogritredbones@gmail.com

Last edited by bjenks on 02-28-2019 at 03:43 AM

Old Post 02-28-2019 03:00 AM
bjenks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bjenks Click here to Send bjenks a Private Message Click Here to Email bjenks Find more posts by bjenks Add bjenks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: May

quote:
Originally posted by Hoosier Outlaw
I forget...was Lambert's Timber Sweetie all redbone Richard?

Yes she was.

Old Post 02-28-2019 03:42 AM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Brett, if you don't care about pedigrees, why don't you just breed to a walker dog? Why even look for a Redbone? And you say that you don't care about a pedigree but you look for females with Jim, Pistol or B III in their "pedigree". Isn't that saying that you are looking for a certain pedigree? You can't just go by traits and you can't just go by pedigrees. You have to put the two of them together.
And I think that I saw some pups for sale on the classified forum that had Pistol and Jim in their "pedigree". So somebody besides you must have hunted with them.

Old Post 02-28-2019 04:03 AM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Oh my goodness, a Jim female treed a coon tonight.

Old Post 02-28-2019 04:09 AM