UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Redbones > Preston Owens/Rodeo Redbones
Pages (5): « First ... « 3 4 [5]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Preston Owens
UKC Forum Member

B3

Banjo lll Was not half Walker. It's funny how that rumor seems to be out there. I cant speak of what any of these "big time" breeders are doing as far as cross breeding but to say B3 is a half breed simply is not true. Most of you folks didnt know Herb Vaughn. He was honest and straightforward. Theres no chance that B3 was a crossbred. Just a rumor. Nothing to it at all.

If this subject becomes a debate on this thread I'll make sure it is deleted. I find it disrespectful to Herb. So let's not go down that road. Thanks

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-16-2019 08:11 AM
Preston Owens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Preston Owens Click here to Send Preston Owens a Private Message Find more posts by Preston Owens Add Preston Owens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Oh my goodness..... I knew Mr Vaughn and you are right, he was a very nice man. But how/why would you get my thread deleted? Debating a subject is how we learn. Now we know that B III was not half walker. But what about Mr Melton? I don't know him that well. Did he ever do any crossbreeding?

I guess that Mr B@T maybe got B III mixed up with May. That happens sometimes when you start breeding walker dogs into your strain. When saddleback or white footed pups start cropping out people want to blame the stud.

Old Post 03-16-2019 01:55 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Preston Owens
UKC Forum Member

King

Joe didnt breed banjo 3. Herb did, I think Joe just had better, and bred better dogs. Frank sure didnt help by starting that rumor at all. As far as white feet and black and trans English looking stuff cropping up etc. It could be from crossing stuff but not likely. Yall fellas have a good one

Old Post 03-16-2019 03:39 PM
Preston Owens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Preston Owens Click here to Send Preston Owens a Private Message Find more posts by Preston Owens Add Preston Owens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Re: King

quote:
Originally posted by Preston Owens
..... Frank sure didnt help by starting that rumor at all..... It could be from crossing stuff but not likely....

I wonder why in the world Frank Moore would start that rumor?

And if not from crossing with walker dogs and B@T's, where do the white feet, saddlebacks and black muzzles come from? I realize that Mr Herb would not do anything like that, but wasn't old Banjo line bred Fireball ?

Old Post 03-16-2019 03:52 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Re: King

quote:
Originally posted by Preston Owens
...... Gotta love the drama in this Breed !....

Oh my goodness, now we not only have drama but mystery and intrigue as well.

Last edited by Richard Lambert on 03-16-2019 at 04:15 PM

Old Post 03-16-2019 04:09 PM
jason_beagles
UKC Forum Member

This is all CRAP! Frank never owned Banjo and never had his papers to swap on another dog. He was only hunting Banjo for Ramon to get him ready for the UKC world hunt.

What does Peanut have to do with Banjo? They were both hunted together when Frank would come up to Maryland to hunt with us. Frank owned Peanut from a pup. I was hunting with Peanut when he was a year old.

ALL THIS SH*T NEEDS TO BE DELETED

Last edited by jason_beagles on 03-16-2019 at 05:11 PM

Old Post 03-16-2019 05:06 PM
jason_beagles is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jason_beagles Click here to Send jason_beagles a Private Message Click Here to Email jason_beagles Find more posts by jason_beagles Add jason_beagles to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazy Luke
UKC Forum Member

People

An old time redbone breeder once told me something about breeding dogs that I took to heart. He said something like this. " You had better know the man when breeding your gyp." So why would I believe someone that would said on here to have ," swapped dogs." "Shot someone else's dog." " " lied about breeding." I will tell you what I do know. I meet Mr Herb Vaughn. He actually helped me sell a puppy to Mr Bill Stoop from Michigan at the Oak Harbor hunt back in 2003. Both of these men were gentlemen. I have talked to both these men and can say that I was blessed for having known them. I would believe what they told me about dogs because they were men that stood behind their word. These men did not lie about there paper work on their dogs. On the other hand, a rumor was started by some that supposedly shot a dog and exchanged it for another..And most likely lied to the owner of Banjo 3 (Ramon Thompson) and said he had a twisted stomach. That is what Ramon told me. And another fact. I dealt with Ramon when I bred my Mandolin female to Banjo 3. He was a straight shooter and took her and bred her, and did what he said. I am sure Ramon is kicking himself over the decision to let someone else handle his dog and losing him. Banjo 3 as far as I could see and my 27 years messing with these redbones was not a crossbred redbone. He exhibited none of the signs that I saw in him or my dogs of being 1/2 walker. Were there dogs farther back in his pedigree that were walkers? I don't know and I don't care. I know what he was and I know what I have. So why would a person believe something from someone that would do the things written above???? I will believe the words of my gentlemen friend Mr Herb Vaughn. I have never met Frank Moore. Have heard she things about him but I guess the fellow writing that thread must know him... Wow... How nonsense gets started. I'm sure someone is gonna get on here and spout a bunch of hearsay about this that or the other thing so I will say this again. Redbones are a compilation of dogs that were bred to make them solid red and still be coonhounds. If we all knew where or dogs truly came from we all gasp with horror. Ha. Mark Lucas... Richard. There is no mystery or any intrigue...You just have to, " know the man before breeding your gyp..." Thank you Mr Chainsaw, or Straight blade or Sawbones for that quote, if I got it right. I can't remember his name. Now Richard, " that's" a mystery.

Last edited by Crazy Luke on 03-16-2019 at 05:49 PM

Old Post 03-16-2019 05:38 PM
Crazy Luke is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Crazy Luke Click here to Send Crazy Luke a Private Message Click Here to Email Crazy Luke Find more posts by Crazy Luke Add Crazy Luke to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Jason, isn't it a lot better to get a rumor out in the open where it can be shown to be untrue rather than have it lurking in the shadows? I had actually never heard that rumor about B III but I am glad that it is now debunked. I do know that Rhonda, Pistol, Jim and Banjo Cat have all been DNA'd.

Old Post 03-16-2019 08:00 PM
barnyard01
UKC Forum Member

rumors!

I don't get on here much, but we all know that there are certain individuals that have a pastime of stirring the pot & perpetuating rumors & causing grief & strife between other people! I don't know Frank Moore from Adam, but I can tell you that I knew Herb as good, & probably better than most anyone on this forum! Having said that I can tell you that I saw the Old Banjo dog the day Herb brought him home from Joe's. I saw every litter that herb raised, and even owned a couple of B3's full brothers! I saw Meggs through every pregnancy out of Banjo & cared for Herbs dogs when he was on vacation, & can guarantee that those crosses we're accurate!
Ramone called me when he bought B3, while he hunted him, when he sent him down to Frank Moore, & finally when he said that he died of flip stomach! I can tell you from that, that someone is a(LIAR)! Ramone trusted Frank, & lost a hound as a result of that! The rest is on Frank as to what actually happened, because he is the only one that really knows!
Having said that, those that keep trying to stir the pot ought to be ashamed of themselves! If for once, certain people would mind their own business instead of trying to stick their nose in everybody else's business while thinking they are a comedian, this would be a lot better board! It is hard for me to imagine why some people take pleasure in causing problems between other people by their childish actions!

Old Post 03-16-2019 09:29 PM
barnyard01 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for barnyard01 Click here to Send barnyard01 a Private Message Find more posts by barnyard01 Add barnyard01 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Preston Owens
UKC Forum Member

John

Your statement is Spot on. Herb called me the day that he heard about B3 and stomach deal. It was a shame. But I know the man and the character of that man. Herb was truly one of my best friends and he was also the most honorable man I've known in the coonhound world.

Your an ok fella as well but you did spit in our food so what can I say! Thanks John

Old Post 03-30-2019 12:18 AM
Preston Owens
UKC Forum Member

John

Your statement is Spot on. Herb called me the day that he heard about B3 and stomach deal. It was a shame. But I know the man and the character of that man. Herb was truly one of my best friends and he was also the most honorable man I've known in the coonhound world.

Your an ok fella as well but you did spit in our food so what can I say! Thanks John

Old Post 03-30-2019 12:18 AM
snaggles
UKC Forum Member

hows the pup doing preston

Old Post 03-31-2019 03:16 PM
snaggles is offline Click Here to See the Profile for snaggles Click here to Send snaggles a Private Message Click Here to Email snaggles Find more posts by snaggles Add snaggles to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Oh my goodness, a B III granddaughter got her picture on the $KC forum this weekend.

Old Post 04-01-2019 01:39 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

A Banjo III grandson and daughter are showing out in that other kennel club lately. Pistol is in 3rd place and Bella has won $198 so far this month. I bet that Herb would have been proud to see it.

Old Post 04-07-2019 02:37 PM
Crazy Luke
UKC Forum Member

Yep

And down in the 27 spot is a direct daughter of B3. 10 years this August and she can still get it done. Man I wish there was some hunts closer then 3 hours a way. She would have a pile of money won. At least you fellas are going. Can't win if you don't go.

Old Post 04-07-2019 02:47 PM
Crazy Luke is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Crazy Luke Click here to Send Crazy Luke a Private Message Click Here to Email Crazy Luke Find more posts by Crazy Luke Add Crazy Luke to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

It won't be long and there will be great grandsons/daughters. What a legacy.

Old Post 04-07-2019 02:52 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
You take a line bred female and outcross her. Then you take the best female out of the outcross and line breed her back to her cousin. You are linebreeding but not that tight. That is the pedigree part.
Now for the trait part. You take a very Independant male with a whole lot of drive and breed him to a balanced female with a cold nose that is Independant but trees those close coons. Since she is tight linebred, you know that her traits are "fixed". The goal was to get pups that were Independant and had plenty of drive but hunted the woods you cut them in and did not just leave the country.Then you take a female from this cross that is super Independant and has a whole lot of drive and breed her to her sire's nephew who is also super Independant with a whole lot of drive. Who do you think that the pups will be like: Pistol, Jim, Jon Henry, B III, Banjo, Rabble, Haze, Rhonda, Missi, Wendy, Heidi, Willow, Sally? And does it really matter? I would take a remake of any of them.

Oh my goodness, has it been 6 mos already? I wonder who this pup got his traits from? His owner has been hunting him by himself since he was 4 mos old.

Old Post 07-16-2019 10:19 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
You take a line bred female and outcross her. Then you take the best female out of the outcross and line breed her back to her cousin. You are linebreeding but not that tight. That is the pedigree part.
Now for the trait part. You take a very Independant male with a whole lot of drive and breed him to a balanced female with a cold nose that is Independant but trees those close coons. Since she is tight linebred, you know that her traits are "fixed". The goal was to get pups that were Independant and had plenty of drive but hunted the woods you cut them in and did not just leave the country.Then you take a female from this cross that is super Independant and has a whole lot of drive and breed her to her sire's nephew who is also super Independant with a whole lot of drive. Who do you think that the pups will be like: Pistol, Jim, Jon Henry, B III, Banjo, Rabble, Haze, Rhonda, Missi, Wendy, Heidi, Willow, Sally? And does it really matter? I would take a remake of any of them.

Oh my goodness, has it been 6 mos already? I wonder who this pup got his traits from? His owner has been hunting him by himself since he was 4 mos old.

Old Post 07-16-2019 10:48 PM