UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Blueticks: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Dry Creek Kennel
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

DEEP AND ALONE

Gotta love it!!!!
Tree ole KINK in yonder DEEP AND ALONE!!

Darren

HOME OF:
GrChGrNtCh PR Southern Blue S&H’s Goose (Sparks&Hollis)
GrChGrNtCh PR Southern Blue Hardwood Cotton
GrNtCh PR Mose's Pink Floyd ( Co-Owned with Scott V)
Ch GrNtCh PR Frost Hollow Strap
ChNtCh PR Southern Blue Hardwood Dolly
ChGrNtCh PR Southern Blue Spanky ( Hollis & Hollis)
PR Southern Blue Cobb (NtChCh Uchtmans Andy x Ratliffs Blue Tell)
PR Southern Blue Betsy (Goose x Dual Grand Cotton)
(REST IN PEACE)
GrNtChGrCh PR Southern Blue Moonshine
GrNtChGrCh PR Southern Blue Frostbite
NtChGrCh PR Southern Blue Queen
NtChGrCh PR Blue Eyes Blue Jessie
NtCh PR Southern Frost Hollow Blue Bell(BB)
NtCh PR Southern Blue Hammer
NtCh PR Hollis' Southern Blue Maggie
NtCh PR Hollis' Bull Mtn. Pearl
GrCh PR Southern Blue Jet
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler
GrChGrNtCh PR Lovell’s Smokey River Blue Ann

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-22-2014 09:15 PM
Darren Hollis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Darren Hollis Click here to Send Darren Hollis a Private Message Click Here to Email Darren Hollis Find more posts by Darren Hollis Add Darren Hollis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
myers
UKC Forum Member

Kinks big ears got him last night. Him and another dog got after one and kink started locating. We drive around and he pulled to other dog. We seen the coon from the road. Other dog ended up making a slick. Next drop both split and hand there coon.

GRNT ICEMAN (RIP)
PKC Ch,UKC NITECH,ACHA NITECH
DRY CREEK ROCKY (RIP)
DRY CREEK KINK(work in progress)

Old Post 04-24-2014 05:21 PM
myers is offline Click Here to See the Profile for myers Click here to Send myers a Private Message Click Here to Email myers Find more posts by myers Add myers to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vic Stoll
UKC Forum Member

Hey Jason, I hope all is well in the Southland with you and yours. You been letting young Kink stretch his legs any lately? I've been able to get my potlicker out a time or two and pester these wood lot coons a little bit. Darned old leaves are starting to pop, won't be long and I'll be able to say just circle ole blue . LOL

Take care,
Vic

Gone but not forgotten:
Nt Ch Fanny's Midnite Blue Annie - aka Sodie Pop R.I.P. - I will miss you old girl

Nt Ch Becky’s Midnite Blue Hank - R.I.P. Old Boy, thank you for the memories

Gr Nt Ch S&E's Midnite Lite Blue Snow (Co-Owned with my good friend Harry Eidenier) - We had a blast following you ole girl!

Old Post 05-03-2014 03:09 AM
Vic Stoll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Vic Stoll Click here to Send Vic Stoll a Private Message Find more posts by Vic Stoll Add Vic Stoll to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
myers
UKC Forum Member

I haven't been since I got home daughter tried to kill her self in a car wreak Sunday mourning. She got banged up pretty good. She is home now after 3 days at hospital. Maybe in a couple of days I'll hit the woods.

GRNT ICEMAN (RIP)
DRY CREEK ROCKY (RIP)

Old Post 05-03-2014 04:36 AM
myers is offline Click Here to See the Profile for myers Click here to Send myers a Private Message Click Here to Email myers Find more posts by myers Add myers to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vic Stoll
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by myers
I haven't been since I got home daughter tried to kill her self in a car wreak Sunday mourning. She got banged up pretty good. She is home now after 3 days at hospital. Maybe in a couple of days I'll hit the woods.

Dang, I am sorry to hear that about your daughter. Thank goodness she is home now and on the mend.

Gone but not forgotten:
Nt Ch Fanny's Midnite Blue Annie - aka Sodie Pop R.I.P. - I will miss you old girl

Gr Nt Ch S&E's Midnite Lite Blue Snow (Co-Owned with my good friend Harry Eidenier) - We had a blast following you ole girl!

Old Post 05-03-2014 10:24 PM
Vic Stoll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Vic Stoll Click here to Send Vic Stoll a Private Message Find more posts by Vic Stoll Add Vic Stoll to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
myers
UKC Forum Member

Went and got my new pup yesterday. He is out of ntch big britches and ntch katie. I turned loose at 3:30 this morning and made a tree pretty quick. Thought I seen the coon look one time but not sure. Then Kink struck something and it sounded like a pretty good track but he never put a tree at the end of it. Was gonna go tonight but the ol lady worked the crap out of me today. LOL.

GRNT ICEMAN (RIP)
DRY CREEK ROCKY (RIP)

Old Post 05-05-2014 03:44 AM
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

Hunt

Stay on him Jason

Sorry to hear about your daughter. Hopefully she will have a quick and full recovery.

Darren

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 05-05-2014 11:49 AM
Darren Hollis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Darren Hollis Click here to Send Darren Hollis a Private Message Click Here to Email Darren Hollis Find more posts by Darren Hollis Add Darren Hollis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
myers
UKC Forum Member

If it was for bad luck I wouldn't have any luck at all. My pup that I got Saturday my daughter ran over him this afternoon.

GRNT ICEMAN (RIP)
DRY CREEK ROCKY (RIP)

Old Post 05-05-2014 11:19 PM
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

Dang

Myers I know how that goes buddy. It will get better.

Darren

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 05-05-2014 11:36 PM
myers
UKC Forum Member

I had a bunch of poison oak In the pen and sprayed some poison on it yesterday. I Wanted to give it a few days before I put him in there. I told them last night to be careful as they came and went today. It was my fault should have put him in there. Still can't believe it. Wanted one of them pups BAD.

GRNT ICEMAN (RIP)
DRY CREEK ROCKY (RIP)

Old Post 05-05-2014 11:48 PM
byrd, lance
UKC Forum Member

Jason

So sorry Bud. We will be praying for your family. I know you've had some bad luck but things will work out in the end. Let me know if we can help. Thanks

Old Post 05-06-2014 12:46 AM
byrd, lance is offline Click Here to See the Profile for byrd, lance Click here to Send byrd, lance a Private Message Click Here to Email byrd, lance Find more posts by byrd, lance Add byrd, lance to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
myers
UKC Forum Member

Back in the saddle!!! Thanks you know who.

GRNT ICEMAN (RIP)
DRY CREEK ROCKY (RIP)

Old Post 05-06-2014 01:42 PM
myers
UKC Forum Member

Kink picked up some bad habits last night. He was introduced to them dillers. Thanks to them trashy walkers dogs. Lol. Thinks I just need to hunt him by his self and get him going on his own better. We made one circle tree and 2 diller holes. Not a night to get excited about.

GRNT ICEMAN (RIP)
DRY CREEK ROCKY (RIP)

Old Post 05-07-2014 12:52 PM
myers
UKC Forum Member

Two drops not even a bark Kink hunted out good.3rd drop strikes and brings it back to me found the coon before he got there. But he passes the tree up and finally gives up on it. As he is coming up the road back to the truck I notice he only has one eye shining. Think he may have lost his eye some how the last couple of days. Going to take him to vet tomorrow. I have no idea how it happened. Hope everybody else is having some luck. Take care and God bless y'all.

GRNT ICEMAN (RIP)
DRY CREEK ROCKY (RIP)

Old Post 05-09-2014 06:48 AM
Vic Stoll
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Two drops not even a bark Kink hunted out good.3rd drop strikes and brings it back to me found the coon before he got there. But he passes the tree up and finally gives up on it. As he is coming up the road back to the truck I notice he only has one eye shining. Think he may have lost his eye some how the last couple of days. Going to take him to vet tomorrow. I have no idea how it happened. Hope everybody else is having some luck. Take care and God bless y'all.

Hang in there Jason, I know you sure have had a run of horrible luck as of late. I hope young Kink ends up coming out Ok for you. It's too easy to take things for granted when all is good, these rough times tend to develop ones sense of appreciation. I was able to enjoy a good hunt with my potlicker tonight, I went through a really rough 3 months with him last summer. He's lucky to still be alive, and I'm lucky to be able to enjoy him. You take care Jason, things will take a turn for the better for you. Just keep on pluggin!

Gone but not forgotten:

Old Post 05-09-2014 07:30 AM
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

KINK

Jason sorry to hear that buddy. Hope it all works out for you and KINK. I know you have a lot of time and money invested in him on top of everything else. Let me know if I can do anything to help you man,

Darren

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 05-09-2014 12:30 PM
myers
UKC Forum Member

thanks guys. I aint going nowhere battle though it. after looking at his eye this mouning I don't really now if he has lost his eye or not. I know it didn't reflect the light last night. looks to me like he has a film over it so I don't know if that is why it would not reflect the light. where I hunted at last night the coons are pretty thin and not uncommon to not get a bark. he is still young and learning.

GRNT ICEMAN (RIP)
DRY CREEK ROCKY (RIP)

Last edited by myers on 05-09-2014 at 01:05 PM

Old Post 05-09-2014 01:03 PM
Vic Stoll
UKC Forum Member

quote:
thanks guys. I aint going nowhere battle though it. after looking at his eye this mouning I don't really now if he has lost his eye or not. I know it didn't reflect the light last night. looks to me like he has a film over it so I don't know if that is why it would not reflect the light. where I hunted at last night the coons are pretty thin and not uncommon to not get a bark. he is still young and learning.

Had a gyp with an eye situation very similar to what you describe some years back. No reflection from light at night time & what looked to be a film over her eye. Took her to the vet & it ended up being some sort of infection in her eye. Some meds & about a week later the eye was back to normal.

I've got my fingers crossed you will get some good news from the vet & Kink's eye will be able to be treated & end up alright. I sure liked that young rascals actions when you hunted him up here in these woodlots.

Gone but not forgotten:

Old Post 05-09-2014 02:16 PM
myers
UKC Forum Member

hope that is what kink has going on

GRNT ICEMAN (RIP)
DRY CREEK ROCKY (RIP)

Old Post 05-09-2014 02:41 PM
myers
UKC Forum Member

We cut 3 dogs tonight the English dog opens first then kink then the black dog. Kink shuts up other two dogs kept going then I hear kink locate and pulls the other dogs back. Coon seen.

GRNT ICEMAN (RIP)
DRY CREEK ROCKY (RIP)

Old Post 05-12-2014 05:52 AM
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

Kink

Jason you got ole Kink on the right track. You have done a good job with him. I know you will stay after him.

Darren

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 05-12-2014 12:22 PM
myers
UKC Forum Member

Kink put him one up and made it look easy by his self. It was lucky I could even see it. Got that sucker to walk down the tree to him. Pretty exciting.

GRNT ICEMAN (RIP)
DRY CREEK ROCKY (RIP)

Old Post 05-14-2014 05:07 AM
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

KINK

Ole Kink getting it done!!

Jason what kind of coon squaller are you using. I can't get the suckers to look. Two times lately I walk away wondering if they even had the coon just to look back and see it look at me. I been squalling and beating the dang trees with an aluminum baseball bat and nothing seems to work too good right now!!

Darren

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 05-14-2014 01:24 PM
myers
UKC Forum Member

I squall with jus my mouth. Can't keep a real squaller. But that coon last night was sitting low and in the only place I could have seen him. Almost gave up lookin for him.

GRNT ICEMAN (RIP)
DRY CREEK ROCKY (RIP)

Old Post 05-14-2014 02:07 PM
myers
UKC Forum Member

Hunted a new spot last night so I had no idea what I was going to get into. Turned kink up the ditch he struck in at 100 yards and never could straighten it out. Sent him down the the ditch and he struck and moved it good about 300 yards and located. Went in there And it was a pine with a huge squirrel nest. Never seen coon but I am pretty sure he had it. Cut kink of that tree and he never said a word but watching him on the garmin I could tell he was trying to figure something out and taking his sweet time about it. I get tired of waiting on him and try to call him in. Then he finally strikes when I'm ready to go home. He cold trails deeper about 200 more yards and trees. I can't see nothing of the tree. I remember the machete at truck walk all the way back out to get it. Going back to truck I find a road and I could have drove 50 yrds from him. Get back and start wackin away until I can see the tree and there he sat lookin down at me.

GRNT ICEMAN (RIP)
DRY CREEK ROCKY (RIP)

Old Post 05-17-2014 08:01 PM