UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Blueticks: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Dry Creek Kennel
Pages (6): « First ... « 4 5 [6]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Ed Mauney
UKC Forum Member

Congrats

Lots hours and boot patches here. Proud of ya!!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-17-2015 04:47 PM
Ed Mauney is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ed Mauney Click here to Send Ed Mauney a Private Message Click Here to Email Ed Mauney Find more posts by Ed Mauney Add Ed Mauney to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

KINK

Congrats Jason!

Old Post 03-17-2015 06:04 PM
steve bankston is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steve bankston Click here to Send steve bankston a Private Message Click Here to Email steve bankston Find more posts by steve bankston Add steve bankston to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
myers
UKC Forum Member

Ed Mauney you have to take half the credit. You gave me something to start with.(COONDOG GENES). Thanks.

Thanks Hollis and Steve hope your feeling better.

GRNT ICEMAN (RIP)
PKC Ch,UKC NITECH,ACHA NITECH
DRY CREEK ROCKY (RIP)
DRY CREEK KINK(work in progress)

Old Post 03-18-2015 12:46 PM
myers is offline Click Here to See the Profile for myers Click here to Send myers a Private Message Click Here to Email myers Find more posts by myers Add myers to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
myers
UKC Forum Member

a night like last night will make you want to hang up your boots. but I guess I will go again tonight.

GRNT ICEMAN (RIP)
DRY CREEK ROCKY (RIP)

Old Post 03-24-2015 12:10 PM
myers is offline Click Here to See the Profile for myers Click here to Send myers a Private Message Click Here to Email myers Find more posts by myers Add myers to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
myers
UKC Forum Member

Last night Kink was a totally different dog last night. Hunted the national forest probably my worst place to hunt as far as treeing coons. He hunted out about 400 yrds and may have barked on the ground twice before he hit the tree. Had this one. Cut him off tree and was expecting him to go back to tree where I had a surprise waiting on him. But he went around to the other side of the hill about 250 yrds and sat down. It was a huge tree and I had gave up trying to find the coon. On my way out I turned around for one last look and he looked. Drove around to another turn out and he went 500 yrds and made a few circles in there and started treeing. He had this one to!!! I have never treed 3 coons in this place and I have hunted it hard for a long time and with some pretty good dogs. I was going on 3 hours sleep cause of the night before but I wish I was a rich man and didn't have to go to the sweat shop today or I would have like to seen just how many we could have treed. I may not be rich as for as $ but i am rich cause I have a great family and im able to enjoy these blue dogs (most nights). Alabama state hunt this weekend hope nothing comes up and I cant make it.

GRNT ICEMAN (RIP)
DRY CREEK ROCKY (RIP)

Old Post 03-25-2015 01:59 PM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

KINK

That was a great hunt sounds like! Wish I would have been with you. We need to get together one of these days and hunt all night. Those hounds go through slumps from time to time and might last a few weeks. Sounds like Kink snapped out of his quick. Bo went through a slump some months back and I think it lasted near 3 weeks. I asked a friend what he would do, keep hunting him or lay him up and he said just keep hunting him so I did. Gets frustrating but then you have a great night like you did last night and it makes the bad nights seem far away. You ever feel like a road trip just load the family and hounds up and come this way. We will put the hounds in the woods at night, swim, canoe, fish and boil some crawfish during the day. Welcome here anytime. Take Care and Good Hunting!!

Good Luck this weekend at the hunt!!

Old Post 03-25-2015 03:33 PM
steve bankston is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steve bankston Click here to Send steve bankston a Private Message Click Here to Email steve bankston Find more posts by steve bankston Add steve bankston to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vic Stoll
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by myers
Last night Kink was a totally different dog last night. Hunted the national forest probably my worst place to hunt as far as treeing coons. He hunted out about 400 yrds and may have barked on the ground twice before he hit the tree. Had this one. Cut him off tree and was expecting him to go back to tree where I had a surprise waiting on him. But he went around to the other side of the hill about 250 yrds and sat down. It was a huge tree and I had gave up trying to find the coon. On my way out I turned around for one last look and he looked. Drove around to another turn out and he went 500 yrds and made a few circles in there and started treeing. He had this one to!!! I have never treed 3 coons in this place and I have hunted it hard for a long time and with some pretty good dogs. I was going on 3 hours sleep cause of the night before but I wish I was a rich man and didn't have to go to the sweat shop today or I would have like to seen just how many we could have treed. I may not be rich as for as $ but i am rich cause I have a great family and im able to enjoy these blue dogs (most nights). Alabama state hunt this weekend hope nothing comes up and I cant make it.

You've got the rich vs. $ rich in the correct order Jason!

Sounds like your blue haired potlicker was clicking for you last night. Send some of that "coon treeing mojo" up north to these Ohio woodlots! Dang ole potlickers of mine need all the help they can get! LOL

Keep young Kink in that timber Jason! We'll try & keep these ole woodlot coons exercised for Kink's next trip up this way.

Take care,
Vic

Gone but not forgotten:
Nt Ch Fanny's Midnite Blue Annie - aka Sodie Pop R.I.P. - I will miss you old girl

Nt Ch Becky’s Midnite Blue Hank - R.I.P. Old Boy, thank you for the memories

Gr Nt Ch S&E's Midnite Lite Blue Snow (Co-Owned with my good friend Harry Eidenier) - We had a blast following you ole girl!

Old Post 03-25-2015 05:01 PM
Vic Stoll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Vic Stoll Click here to Send Vic Stoll a Private Message Find more posts by Vic Stoll Add Vic Stoll to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
myers
UKC Forum Member

Didnt get to the state hunt this weekend. But we got to go hunting anyway. Kink was 3 for 3 again tonight. He sure has been showing me the coons since we had a come to Jesus meeting. He is 6 for 6 last two hunts. Im loving it!!!

GRNT ICEMAN (RIP)
DRY CREEK ROCKY (RIP)

Old Post 03-29-2015 06:48 AM
myers
UKC Forum Member

LESSON #1
NEVER BRAG ON YOUR DOG! Went for a quick one so I thought. First drop a good circle tree. Should have went home then. Second drop not even a bark. Third drop 800 yards deep cant hear him so I take off to him. Have to go through hell to get there. He is in somebody's back yard under a slick. well the streak is gone down the drain. Time to start another one.

GRNT ICEMAN (RIP)
DRY CREEK ROCKY (RIP)

Old Post 03-31-2015 06:38 AM
myers
UKC Forum Member

LESSON #1
NEVER BRAG ON YOUR DOG! Went for a quick one so I thought. First drop a good circle tree. Should have went home then. Second drop not even a bark. Third drop 800 yards deep cant hear him so I take off to him. Have to go through hell to get there. He is in somebody's back yard under a slick. well the streak is gone down the drain. Time to start another one.

GRNT ICEMAN (RIP)
DRY CREEK ROCKY (RIP)

Last edited by myers on 03-31-2015 at 11:44 AM

Old Post 03-31-2015 06:57 AM
myers
UKC Forum Member

Went with Johnny Brown and chaos and his son with fire first drop it wasn't nothing but a roar. I dont know who did what. Coon was seen. Cut fire and kink kink struck first and they worked it in and out of the water. They got deep and treed out of hearing. Good bushy circle tree. They called it the night and I went on hunting. First turn loose nothing. Headed home and kink started barking in the box so I stopped and cut him. He struck and worked it a way and treed. Never seen coon and I thought if he was the I would have. Broke me a switch and sent him on 60 yrds later treed again. Looked and looked but nothing. Told him he better be glad it was late cause he would have got some more correcting. Then I squealed and that little thawing looked at me on the bottom limb. So I petted him up and asked if he had the last one to. Cause I sure would have bet that one wasn't there. I dont know how old that coon was but he was to little to be last years coon.

GRNT ICEMAN (RIP)
DRY CREEK ROCKY (RIP)

Last edited by myers on 04-30-2015 at 05:05 PM

Old Post 04-30-2015 07:06 AM
myers
UKC Forum Member

Have had a real good weekend of hunting. Two singles last night and one tonight. I guess it is summer time cause all this green sure makes it hard to find these coons. Kink hasn't got on ant good tracks at all. They are either old or lay ups. But he is doing better than a couple of weeks ago when we wasn't on the same page. Also went and hung out at the alabama youth hunt. The folks that put it on did a great job. I think every kid there had a good time

GRNT ICEMAN (RIP)
DRY CREEK ROCKY (RIP)

Old Post 05-03-2015 06:13 AM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

KINK

How's the hunting over your way Jason? The tracks over here have gotten better but this rain wont give us a break. We have another big line of storms approaching now, maybe it will be gone by dark so I can make a couple rounds. Hope you and Kink are doing good, take care and Good Hunting!

Old Post 05-27-2015 05:09 PM
myers
UKC Forum Member

me and kink isnt on speaking terms at the moment. lol. it has been a ruff month cant get anything to go the way i want it to. i havent been since wed of last week. wont get to go till wed. we going to work though our problems and get back on the right track. i been keeping you with you hunts tho. yall been doing good.

GRNT ICEMAN (RIP)
DRY CREEK ROCKY (RIP)

Old Post 05-27-2015 05:18 PM
myers
UKC Forum Member

Haven't been on here in a long time. Me and Kink still getting after them. We have a couple of additions. One is a pup out of the Bo Jackson dog. He has been to the woods a couple of time and I like what little I have seen. Going up to Ed Mauney tomorrow to pick up a Bocephus and Bobbie pup. Mr. Ed has sent me videos of this dog and he seems like he has a huge horn on him. Looking forward to doing some hunting in Illinois.

GRNT ICEMAN (RIP)
DRY CREEK ROCKY (RIP)

Old Post 11-14-2015 11:19 PM
Vic Stoll
UKC Forum Member

Good to see you still kicking you ole outlaw!

Tree Kink in yonder!

Be safe in your travels, and have a blast chasing ole blue around in that timber.

Take care,
Vic

Gone but not forgotten:
Nt Ch Fanny's Midnite Blue Annie - aka Sodie Pop R.I.P. - I will miss you old girl

Nt Ch Becky’s Midnite Blue Hank - R.I.P. Old Boy, thank you for the memories

Gr Nt Ch S&E's Midnite Lite Blue Snow (Co-Owned with my good friend Harry Eidenier) - We had a blast following you ole girl!

Old Post 11-15-2015 07:14 AM
Vic Stoll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Vic Stoll Click here to Send Vic Stoll a Private Message Find more posts by Vic Stoll Add Vic Stoll to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
myers
UKC Forum Member

This is from a trip to Ed Mauney place in Illinois. Bobbie and Kink on one of many coons we seen.

GRNT ICEMAN (RIP)
DRY CREEK ROCKY (RIP)

Last edited by myers on 11-23-2015 at 07:11 PM

Old Post 11-23-2015 07:08 PM
Ed Mauney
UKC Forum Member

Visit

Jason we sure enjoyed your visit we had couple good hunts and looked at several the dogs didn't tree. Hurry back anytime. Ed

Old Post 11-23-2015 10:34 PM
Ed Mauney is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ed Mauney Click here to Send Ed Mauney a Private Message Click Here to Email Ed Mauney Find more posts by Ed Mauney Add Ed Mauney to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
myers
UKC Forum Member

From a couple of weeks ago. Kinks licking his lips after a job well done. Played around with Bob today with a coon hide. I brought him home from Mr Mauney's. He is off Bocephus and Bobbie. He has some growing up to do before I fool with him anymore.

GRNT ICEMAN (RIP)
DRY CREEK ROCKY (RIP)

Last edited by myers on 11-25-2015 at 12:01 AM

Old Post 11-24-2015 11:56 PM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

Road Trip

Nice video and both sounding and looking great! Hunting up there with MR. ED will spoil you with all the coon they got. I know I have enjoyed the few trips I took over the years up to their place. Good luck with your new pup and keep us updated on him and Kink, Take Care.

Old Post 11-24-2015 11:58 PM
myers
UKC Forum Member

This is another pup I have become owner of. He is off the Bo Jackson dog and a local notch bitch. This pup the brains to go with all the other stuff. This is his 3rd time ever and he is just 4 months old. The drag was about 100 yrd long.

GRNT ICEMAN (RIP)
DRY CREEK ROCKY (RIP)

Last edited by myers on 11-25-2015 at 12:34 AM

Old Post 11-25-2015 12:25 AM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

PUP

Very Nice and great looking pup! You gonna have your hands full like I do but its fun watching the pups develop, enjoy every hunt!

Old Post 11-25-2015 04:47 AM
myers
UKC Forum Member

Got a chance to walk off some of that good food last night. Kink fell treed on 1st and 2nd drop with a coon. My Bo Jackson pup (Shack) never got on the tree and treed but could smell them good on the ground. Running around barking. Third drop the pup went the whole way 600+ yrds. I was going to give them this one to them but wouldn't you know the coon wasn't home. Get my Bobbie×Bocephus(Bob) pup out for this next one. Cut him and Kink expecting Bob just to hang around but he left and never came back. Keep in mind this pup has never been turned loose. Kink trees again so I grab the gun and turn Shack out but never did see this one either. The tree he was treed on ran up in a pine so I don't know if he had him or not. I was pleased with the pups. After I got done I was gonna try and run some of that energy this Bob pup has out of him. Let him run next to the truck for a couple of miles.

GRNT ICEMAN (RIP)
DRY CREEK ROCKY (RIP)

Last edited by myers on 11-27-2015 at 11:38 AM

Old Post 11-27-2015 11:35 AM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

Merry Christmas to you and your Family Jason! Hope all is well on your end and that you and the hounds are having some good hunts. Good luck with the new pups. They bred the best so should turn out some good'uns. Take Care and Good Hunting!

Old Post 12-24-2015 02:26 PM