UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Tips on raising a young coon?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Joe Moore
UKC Forum Member

Tips on raising a young coon?

Today while walking the pipeline at work a very friendly little coon came up to me. Mom didn’t appear to be anywhere around and I brought him home. I had a pet one many years ago and raised him successfully. But was looking for some do’s and don’t from anyone on here with some experience in raising them and keeping them alive.

-2004 PKC Youth World Hunt, 3rd place
-2005 UKC PA State Overall Show Champion
-2007 UKC Youh National Hunt, 3rd place

-PKC Silver Ch, GRNTCH 'pr' Tree Stalkins Stylish Striker

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-13-2018 05:17 PM
Joe Moore is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Joe Moore Click here to Send Joe Moore a Private Message Click Here to Email Joe Moore Visit Joe Moore's homepage! Find more posts by Joe Moore Add Joe Moore to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pamjohnson
UKC Forum Member

1st thing make it legal.

Old Post 07-13-2018 05:31 PM
pamjohnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pamjohnson Click here to Send pamjohnson a Private Message Click Here to Email pamjohnson Find more posts by pamjohnson Add pamjohnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
2ol2hunt
UKC Forum Member

If it needs a bottle use kitten replacement milk..... Always worked for me.

Old Post 07-13-2018 09:18 PM
2ol2hunt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 2ol2hunt Click here to Send 2ol2hunt a Private Message Click Here to Email 2ol2hunt Find more posts by 2ol2hunt Add 2ol2hunt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Black Ash Bawl
UKC Forum Member

HEALTH RISK

SEE IF YOUR VET WILL CHECK IT FOR WORMS.. THEY COULD END UP GIVING A BRAIN WORM TO YOU OR YOUR KIDS... YOU GET IT FROM CONTACT WITH THE FECES OR GROUND WHERE FECES WERE DEPOSITED

Old Post 07-13-2018 09:45 PM
Black Ash Bawl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Black Ash Bawl Click here to Send Black Ash Bawl a Private Message Find more posts by Black Ash Bawl Add Black Ash Bawl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rex Ridge
UKC Forum Member

I read a woman had a baby coon and told all her friends and family about it so they all came to see it. She tried to get a rescue to take it and they found out it had rabies....21 people had to be treated for it.

Old Post 07-14-2018 03:45 AM
Rex Ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rex Ridge Click here to Send Rex Ridge a Private Message Find more posts by Rex Ridge Add Rex Ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote