UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Garmin Tracking System Tip of the Day!!
Pages (24): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
garminguru
UKC Forum Member

Re: .

quote:
Originally posted by Bruce M. Conkey
Garminguru that is pretty good tip.

Thanks.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-18-2013 12:34 AM
garminguru is offline Click Here to See the Profile for garminguru Click here to Send garminguru a Private Message Find more posts by garminguru Add garminguru to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce M. Conkey

Product interface with Astro and Alpha that may be a good idea.
TEMPE Transmit ambient temperature data wirelessly to your device with the tempe external wireless temperature sensor. Attaches to your pack, jacket or shoe. Can also be put in your dog box when traveling or dog house to read the temperature.

Old Post 09-18-2013 02:05 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce M. Conkey

If you have a tip that you feel could help others learn or operate their systems, then lets hear them.

Old Post 09-19-2013 02:34 PM
Andy Bedgood
UKC Forum Member

Bruce, I have a couple new DC-50's. Hunting the first time with them and was hunting tree to tree. After 3rd tree, cut her loose from there. After about 5 minutes looked to see where she was and it showed her 20 feet behind me at the previous tree. About that time she fell treed about 300 yards from me. Got to her and collar was still blinking but reciever was not picking it up. Got to truck and turned collar off, them back on and reciever picked it back up again as it should. What do you think would have caused this. Thanks.

Old Post 09-19-2013 02:44 PM
Andy Bedgood is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Andy Bedgood Click here to Send Andy Bedgood a Private Message Click Here to Email Andy Bedgood Find more posts by Andy Bedgood Add Andy Bedgood to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce M. Conkey

Andy there is no way to telling what caused that. If it did it again I would call Garmin at 1800-800-1020 and let them know as I know they are taking notes on any problems seen with the collars forwarding those to the engineers.

Old Post 09-19-2013 04:15 PM
Andy Bedgood
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Bruce. Will do.

Old Post 09-19-2013 05:00 PM
Andy Bedgood is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Andy Bedgood Click here to Send Andy Bedgood a Private Message Click Here to Email Andy Bedgood Find more posts by Andy Bedgood Add Andy Bedgood to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
garminguru
UKC Forum Member

Much talk lately about batteries in the collar not fully charging.
I never had this problem that unhooking the charger and reconnecting after a few charge "cycles" were complete that it did not fix it..... until this week. And, it only happened when I ran the collar way down.
My collar was ran way down and would not get over one bar of charge after multiple attempts with different chargers. I was almost ready to order a new battery so I took the battery out for an hour or so, put it back in, connected the charger and a few hours later had a fully charged battery. It has been playing on a 5 second update rate for 14 hours now and still has 2 bars left.
Don't order that new battery until you disconnect it and try charging it again. I think this only becomes a problem if you run your collar way down like I do.

Old Post 09-19-2013 07:24 PM
garminguru is offline Click Here to See the Profile for garminguru Click here to Send garminguru a Private Message Find more posts by garminguru Add garminguru to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ed Ashley
UKC Forum Member

batteries

I use the duracell recharable, one set lasts for a year. I recharge after every hunt.

Old Post 09-20-2013 06:27 PM
Ed Ashley is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ed Ashley Click here to Send Ed Ashley a Private Message Click Here to Email Ed Ashley Find more posts by Ed Ashley Add Ed Ashley to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
garminguru
UKC Forum Member

Re: batteries

quote:
Originally posted by Ed Ashley
I use the duracell recharable, one set lasts for a year. I recharge after every hunt.

I was talking about the collar myself.

Old Post 09-20-2013 07:06 PM
Andy Bedgood
UKC Forum Member

Bruce, called Garmin today. They told me that there was a glitch in the system. Was very patient and talked me through the new update installation. Said that should solve the problem. Thanks again for the advice and help.

Old Post 09-20-2013 10:27 PM
Bruce M. Conkey

Here is some information from Garmins Website to help you with their products.

DC 30 and DC 40 information.
http://support.garmin.com/support/m...&country=US

Here is the Astro 320 and DC 50 information.

Here is Alpha and TT 10 information.

Here is the Webupdater. Just click on it, download/open and upgrade your products.
http://www8.garmin.com/products/web...owtoinstall.jsp

Old Post 09-24-2013 01:46 PM
James Headrick
UKC Forum Member

alarm

quote:
Originally posted by garminguru
Here is one of my tips.
Your 320 will have an alarm feature. The Alpha probably has too.
If you are going hunting, set that alarm to go off after a few hours after you turn loose. If you loose it, like some on here have, then you know when you realize it is missing that the alarm is set to sound at a particular time and while you walk through the woods trying to find it you can listen for it.
Choose an alarm tone that you think you can hear the furthest away. You will have to scroll through them until you find one you like.
If you don't loose it, when the alarm goes off, just up it a couple more hours.
That alarm will sound until you tell it to stop or the batteries run down.

how do you turn the alarm on and off on a 320. I lost mine last night was able to find it but a alarm would have been helpful. THANKS FOR THE TIP

Old Post 09-24-2013 04:18 PM
James Headrick is offline Click Here to See the Profile for James Headrick Click here to Send James Headrick a Private Message Click Here to Email James Headrick Find more posts by James Headrick Add James Headrick to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce M. Conkey

Click on the Link for the 320 user manual in the above post.

Instructions are on page 7 to turn on the alarm.

Old Post 09-24-2013 04:35 PM
rdmedders
UKC Forum Member

Does the 220 have a alarm ?

Old Post 09-24-2013 06:56 PM
rdmedders is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rdmedders Click here to Send rdmedders a Private Message Click Here to Email rdmedders Find more posts by rdmedders Add rdmedders to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
garminguru
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by rdmedders
Does the 220 have a alarm ?

Not that I am aware of.

Old Post 09-24-2013 10:37 PM
larry harvey
UKC Forum Member

Bruce

I have 2 tt10 collars.there is a charging pin on the collars that is turning color and like its oxidizing.when you put it on the charge the light doesn't turn green but it shows full charged on the handheld.I have several friends that are having the same problems.any suggestions?

Old Post 09-24-2013 11:26 PM
larry harvey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for larry harvey Click here to Send larry harvey a Private Message Click Here to Email larry harvey Find more posts by larry harvey Add larry harvey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gabe Webb
UKC Forum Member

Bruce

I have the alpha, even bought it at Conkeys, were i recieved it very quickly and am very satisfied with the quick service. My question is on the handheld when im on the map part tracking my dog, if i zoom in to say 100 yards and dont touch it for a couple mins,or less it zooms out to a couple miles and i have to re-zoom back in. this happens constantly and is agrivating. I have read the manual and cant find anything that will give me a solution. Do you have a Tip for that problem?

Old Post 09-25-2013 12:25 AM
Gabe Webb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gabe Webb Click here to Send Gabe Webb a Private Message Click Here to Email Gabe Webb Find more posts by Gabe Webb Add Gabe Webb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce M. Conkey

Larry the contact points can be cleaned with denatured alcohol.
Gabe sounds like you need to turn off the auto zoom functions for the map and dogs. Think it was discussed in this thread how to do this.

Old Post 09-25-2013 12:31 AM
larry harvey
UKC Forum Member

I clean it before I charge it.just wondered why it is the only one that does it.thanks Bruce

Old Post 09-25-2013 12:45 AM
larry harvey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for larry harvey Click here to Send larry harvey a Private Message Click Here to Email larry harvey Find more posts by larry harvey Add larry harvey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gabe Webb
UKC Forum Member

Thanks

Thank u seemed to do the trick.

Old Post 09-25-2013 12:51 AM
Gabe Webb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gabe Webb Click here to Send Gabe Webb a Private Message Click Here to Email Gabe Webb Find more posts by Gabe Webb Add Gabe Webb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce M. Conkey

Larry what you stated causes some concern and should be watched. The part about the charger not seeing the collar fully charged isn't good.

Old Post 09-25-2013 02:12 AM
James Headrick
UKC Forum Member

Re: .alarm

quote:
Originally posted by Bruce M. Conkey
Click on the Link for the 320 user manual in the above post.

Instructions are on page 7 to turn on the alarm.

Bruce I know it is just something I am doing wrong but I can't seem to find the instructions to turn the alarm on a 320 you may have to lead me to it.
THANKS
James

Old Post 09-25-2013 11:03 PM
James Headrick is offline Click Here to See the Profile for James Headrick Click here to Send James Headrick a Private Message Click Here to Email James Headrick Find more posts by James Headrick Add James Headrick to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce M. Conkey

Select
Tools>alarm clock
Set time
Turn on

Old Post 09-26-2013 01:02 AM
seth isch
UKC Forum Member

Same

larry harvey
UKC Forum Member

Bruce
I have 2 tt10 collars.there is a charging pin on the collars that is turning color and like its oxidizing.when you put it on the charge the light doesn't turn green but it shows full charged on the handheld.I have several friends that are having the same problems.

I have the same thing going on.... But when I put my charger on the collars sometimes the collar will turn on and blink green. ??? Thanks Seth

覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
GRNTCH RED RUBY HARDTIME JAKE
GRNTCH PKC CH BIG HOLLOW AWESOME LEXUS
GRNTCH HARDTIME HADDIE
CH PR HIGH VOLTAGE ROCKSY

Old Post 09-26-2013 01:51 PM
seth isch is offline Click Here to See the Profile for seth isch Click here to Send seth isch a Private Message Click Here to Email seth isch Find more posts by seth isch Add seth isch to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce M. Conkey

Let me try and define the different issues. We can share information on here about operating problems and increase the awareness level of everyone using the product. Most issues are just that, a small operator error or lack of knowledge preventing someone from getting the most out of a valuable dog training tool. Then there will be issues like you described which is a physical condition of a component or part. It is good to know these issues but the best way to handle them is contact GARMIN and let them know as soon as possible.

Let me share why it is important to share this information with GARMIN. Trust me when I say GARMIN is committed to getting bugs out of their dog tracking equipment. They have come a long ways in just a few short years and they want to hear what you have to say. The DC 50 is proof of that as they took input from all over the country and built a pretty nice dog tracking collar.

Call Garmin at 1800-800-1020 around 9 eastern time and you get right through. Tell them of the issue and they make notes of it and get the information on up the line to the engineers. I appreciate everyones input on this subject and for helping make this product a very good product.

Last edited by on 09-26-2013 at 02:25 PM

Old Post 09-26-2013 02:17 PM