UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Blood From Behind
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
COYOTE-HUNTER
UKC Forum Member

Blood From Behind

i have a male hound that recently started to bleeb from hiss butt when he is running. no blood in the stool or any other time. just running. the only thing i have changed is feed. any help. thanks

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-12-2010 06:27 PM
COYOTE-HUNTER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for COYOTE-HUNTER Click here to Send COYOTE-HUNTER a Private Message Click Here to Email COYOTE-HUNTER Find more posts by COYOTE-HUNTER Add COYOTE-HUNTER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cripple_creek
UKC Forum Member

feed

that is most likely your problem... alot of dogs will bleed when on a feed with lots of corn... some do just fine on it.. i feed something with a high meat value to it.. i have a nephew that had the bleeding problem and was feeding the ole-roy brand from walmart... he went to the "green gold" i think is what he said.. it is a rice base and his problem was fixed!!

i would sure try another feed for a few weeks

Old Post 02-12-2010 07:18 PM
cripple_creek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cripple_creek Click here to Send cripple_creek a Private Message Click Here to Email cripple_creek Find more posts by cripple_creek Add cripple_creek to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
T.Beyer
UKC Forum Member

craziest thing i ever heard. A dog bleeding from it's rear end because of the feed it eats.

If you are feeding him nails maybe.

In Honor of Jim Sizemore, " This ain't no benchshow!"

Old Post 02-12-2010 10:28 PM
T.Beyer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for T.Beyer Click here to Send T.Beyer a Private Message Click Here to Email T.Beyer Find more posts by T.Beyer Add T.Beyer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mucket
UKC Forum Member

Its his heart,I sometimes have this problem when my dog trees.A dog that puts every thing he's got into what he's doin sometimes strains Himself.I've noticed this in real hard huntin an hard tree dogs an i know not all of them do it.that 's just my opinion!

Old Post 02-12-2010 10:37 PM
mucket is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mucket Click here to Send mucket a Private Message Visit mucket's homepage! Find more posts by mucket Add mucket to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dan Dogs
UKC Forum Member

maybe his A- hole is getting iced up, or he barks hard while running,,is this yote dog?

- Gr. CH Nite Ch. Hickory Nut Dan II
- CH. Gr. Nite Ch. Hickory Nut Dan III 2008 Performance Sire
- CH. Gr.Nite Ch. Hickory Nut Dan IV 2004 ukc world hunt finalist
- Ch. Gr.Nite Ch. Mounds Creek Sassy II
- Nite Ch. Hickory Nut Bucky HTX 3 wins towards grnite
- GrCh.GrNtCh Hickory Nut Bawlie HTX
-Nite ch. PR Iowa County CryBaby II 2013 Badger State Hunt Champion
qualified for 2013 UKC World Hunt
CH Nitech She Hate Me (scar) HTX Iowa County Kennels

Old Post 02-12-2010 10:37 PM
Dan Dogs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dan Dogs Click here to Send Dan Dogs a Private Message Click Here to Email Dan Dogs Find more posts by Dan Dogs Add Dan Dogs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
robgregory
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by mucket
Its his heart,I sometimes have this problem when my dog trees.A dog that puts every thing he's got into what he's doin sometimes strains Himself.I've noticed this in real hard huntin an hard tree dogs an i know not all of them do it.that 's just my opinion!
Mucket,My GR.NT.CH.does exactly as you described.He hunts REAL hard and a lot of the time,on the tree,he jumps and jumps high.And it's not unusual to walk him away from one tree and to see him squat and have a little blood run out his rear.Vet told me it's nothin' to worry about.
Rob Gregory

home#- 540-925-4437
cell#-757-339-3454
Home of:
"PR"High Lonesome Hannah. Nt.Ch. Hardtime Miss Kitty's Cat

Old Post 02-12-2010 11:10 PM
robgregory is offline Click Here to See the Profile for robgregory Click here to Send robgregory a Private Message Find more posts by robgregory Add robgregory to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
old*cowboy
UKC Forum Member

I have a leopard dog that does that too. Not only the blood. But in the kennel he has a nice firm stool. After a hard hunt he squats and it is like water, every trip. Then back next morning hard stool again. I always just laid it off to hard stress. Guy

Old Post 02-12-2010 11:17 PM
old*cowboy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for old*cowboy Click here to Send old*cowboy a Private Message Click Here to Email old*cowboy Visit old*cowboy's homepage! Find more posts by old*cowboy Add old*cowboy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
T.Beyer
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by robgregory
Mucket,My GR.NT.CH.does exactly as you described.He hunts REAL hard and a lot of the time,on the tree,he jumps and jumps high.And it's not unusual to walk him away from one tree and to see him squat and have a little blood run out his rear.Vet told me it's nothin' to worry about.
Rob Gregory

Rob do you suppose he could have torn his rectum with all the jumping?

In Honor of Jim Sizemore, " This ain't no benchshow!"

Old Post 02-12-2010 11:25 PM
T.Beyer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for T.Beyer Click here to Send T.Beyer a Private Message Click Here to Email T.Beyer Find more posts by T.Beyer Add T.Beyer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Huntaholic
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by mucket

DING DING DING!!!!!!! We have a winner! My Haley would do that after hunting. Its their heart boys, some of em have it, most dont. I took her to the vet on Monday after hunting a UKC hunt on Sat night for it. By then all traces of blood from anywhere including a stool sample were clean. After that, I got to paying attention to her and she only did it while in the middle of or right after a hard night hunting.

Old Post 02-12-2010 11:39 PM
Huntaholic is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Huntaholic Click here to Send Huntaholic a Private Message Click Here to Email Huntaholic Find more posts by Huntaholic Add Huntaholic to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
COYOTE-HUNTER
UKC Forum Member

this is a foxhound and is being hunted 7 days a week. he is 6 yrs old and this is the first time he has done it. only when he runs. no other time. if it was feed, wouldnt it be in his stool. the dog food i am feeding is a high quality meet and rice based feed.
if it is his heart, is it ok?

Old Post 02-13-2010 02:53 AM
COYOTE-HUNTER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for COYOTE-HUNTER Click here to Send COYOTE-HUNTER a Private Message Click Here to Email COYOTE-HUNTER Find more posts by COYOTE-HUNTER Add COYOTE-HUNTER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
k.trumble
UKC Forum Member

bleed

the only time i seen this was with a super hard intense tree dog she would bleed from the rear if she treed for a long time they said she was ok its not uncommon for that too happen with a highly intense hound

Old Post 02-13-2010 02:58 AM
k.trumble is offline Click Here to See the Profile for k.trumble Click here to Send k.trumble a Private Message Click Here to Email k.trumble Find more posts by k.trumble Add k.trumble to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
David Boggs
Banned

try a difernt feed

some dogs it helps some it dont try a softer feed

Old Post 02-13-2010 06:38 AM
David Boggs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for David Boggs Click here to Send David Boggs a Private Message Click Here to Email David Boggs Find more posts by David Boggs Add David Boggs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nathan cooley
UKC Forum Member

i'm no vet but this maybe caused by hemroids. i know straining and certain foods can cause hemroids to bleed in humans.

2014 perf. sir
GRCH NTCH Late Nite Swamp Bustin Blaze R.I.P
Liking River Cheddar Bob
Skuna River Crazy Kate

Old Post 02-13-2010 07:14 AM
nathan cooley is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nathan cooley Click here to Send nathan cooley a Private Message Click Here to Email nathan cooley Find more posts by nathan cooley Add nathan cooley to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
COYOTE-HUNTER
UKC Forum Member

it has only happened twice and it was on hard runs

Old Post 02-13-2010 09:18 PM
Mike_Flores
UKC Forum Member

I'm not a vet but come on guys..... a dog bleeding from it's butt is in need of surgury. It could be anything from a hemorroid to a torn colon to an anal fistula. One thing for sure is, it aint normal and needs to be addressed. Humans are the only "mammal" to suffer from enlarged hemorroids so I would doubt that's whats going on...I would see a good vet and get it fixed.

And if your dog is has rectal bleeding from treeing, it has a pre-existing condition that is being aggrevated by treeing. get the dog the medical help it needs and deserves.

Old Post 02-13-2010 11:26 PM
Mike_Flores is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mike_Flores Click here to Send Mike_Flores a Private Message Find more posts by Mike_Flores Add Mike_Flores to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote