UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > any suggestions
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
yrphunter
UKC Forum Member

any suggestions

I have a dog now that I know will run the tar out of a coon but I don't believe he is staying treed. I hunted with a buddy of mine and his dog a couple nights ago both dogs hit the track, his dog treed and my dog was at the tree for a minute or two and then ran on up the mountain still on a track. We walked into the tree and had 3 coons up there. How do I get my dog to stay on the tree.

PR Dry Branch's Thunder Braley
PR Dry Branch's foggy mtn daisy

Never forgotten-
PR Dutch Hollars Mtn Cry Diamond

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-29-2010 01:45 PM
yrphunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yrphunter Click here to Send yrphunter a Private Message Click Here to Email yrphunter Find more posts by yrphunter Add yrphunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
perry co cooner
UKC Forum Member

just keep hunting him try to get to the tree as quick as you can and tie him and encourage him to tree. Maybe even shoot a coon or 2 down to other dogs to get yours fired up. He'll get the idea eventually I'd think.

Old Post 10-29-2010 01:50 PM
perry co cooner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for perry co cooner Click here to Send perry co cooner a Private Message Find more posts by perry co cooner Add perry co cooner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
perry co cooner
UKC Forum Member

could also be that there were 4 coons and he's just going to be too independent to back another dog. Do you know for sure the other dog isn't rough at the tree and maybe ran yours off?

Old Post 10-29-2010 01:51 PM
perry co cooner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for perry co cooner Click here to Send perry co cooner a Private Message Find more posts by perry co cooner Add perry co cooner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yrphunter
UKC Forum Member

Yeah my buddies dog is not an ill dog at all they have both been hunted together before and tied out with eachother at the tree. We had considered that a another coon could have took off up the mountain but when we went after my dog he ran back down the mountain still on a track, past us to the same tree we had just shot a coon out of.

PR Dry Branch's Thunder Braley
PR Dry Branch's foggy mtn daisy

Never forgotten-
PR Dutch Hollars Mtn Cry Diamond

Old Post 10-29-2010 02:40 PM
yrphunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yrphunter Click here to Send yrphunter a Private Message Click Here to Email yrphunter Find more posts by yrphunter Add yrphunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
perry co cooner
UKC Forum Member

hmmmmm maybe he just hasn't grasped the concept yet.

Old Post 10-29-2010 03:09 PM
coon's age
UKC Forum Member

Some

have more track to them than tree,most like yours continued with the coon that you didnt see.Some in this case run the last coon up.

Old Post 10-29-2010 05:08 PM
coon's age is offline Click Here to See the Profile for coon's age Click here to Send coon's age a Private Message Find more posts by coon's age Add coon's age to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote