UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Curs and Feists > Won't bark on tree ??
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Big spike hamme
UKC Forum Member

Won't bark on tree ??

14 month old walker / cur ...cage coons goes nuts barking !! Cage coon in tree goes nuts barking during day .....turned loose coon waited 10 minutes cut the dog loose he tracked it to the tree stood on tree few secs...and stayed around tree but wouldn't bark ?? Knocked coon out he fought and killed it....how can I get him to open on tree ??

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-31-2018 05:40 AM
Big spike hamme is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Big spike hamme Click here to Send Big spike hamme a Private Message Find more posts by Big spike hamme Add Big spike hamme to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Luther's Fiest
UKC Forum Member

Leave the caged game alone and hunt the hair off of him. Be patient if it's in him ot will come out. Don't shoot nothing he doesn't tree.

Hunt em hard, cull em harder

Old Post 01-31-2018 12:37 PM
Luther's Fiest is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Luther's Fiest Click here to Send Luther's Fiest a Private Message Click Here to Email Luther's Fiest Find more posts by Luther's Fiest Add Luther's Fiest to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Fremont red
New UKC Forum Member

barking

twist his ear till he hollers then encourage him a man told me to do this long ago, thought he was full of it but it worked try it . when he is on the tree and wont bark.

Old Post 01-31-2018 04:14 PM
Fremont red is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Fremont red Click here to Send Fremont red a Private Message Click Here to Email Fremont red Find more posts by Fremont red Add Fremont red to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Randy Wolfe
UKC Forum Member

Re: barking

quote:
Originally posted by Fremont red
twist his ear till he hollers then encourage him a man told me to do this long ago, thought he was full of it but it worked try it . when he is on the tree and wont bark.

Red, We's Went To The Same SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!!!! .

Hammer NO More Gaged Game, "If It Don't Tree" It Don't Get To Chew On It!!!. Good Luck R Wolfe.

Old Post 01-31-2018 07:26 PM
Randy Wolfe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Randy Wolfe Click here to Send Randy Wolfe a Private Message Click Here to Email Randy Wolfe Find more posts by Randy Wolfe Add Randy Wolfe to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nccatfisher
UKC Forum Member

If he takes after the hound the twisting the ear may work. If he takes after the cur most likely you will draw back a bleeding hand and he ain't gonna want you to put your hand on him for a while.

Like has been said, forget the caged game, curs are different than hounds. Just put them in the woods and let natural ability come out. If you have messed with it on caged stuff already quite a bit it may be a little late for this one.

https://sites.google.com/site/riverroadkennel/

Old Post 02-01-2018 12:38 AM
nccatfisher is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nccatfisher Click here to Send nccatfisher a Private Message Click Here to Email nccatfisher Visit nccatfisher's homepage! Find more posts by nccatfisher Add nccatfisher to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BradB41
UKC Forum Member

You got that right about the curs. I can't speak for all of them, but some will definitely snap if they feel threatened. I have one that is grown and she still won't bark on tree. I've basically given up on her. She still gets to go to the woods with my good dog sometimes, but she's just a companion for the most part. It's probably not going to happen, but you never know...

Old Post 03-30-2018 04:05 PM
BradB41 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BradB41 Click here to Send BradB41 a Private Message Click Here to Email BradB41 Find more posts by BradB41 Add BradB41 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
zoesalinas
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by BradB41
You got that right about the curs. I can't speak for all of them, but some will definitely snap if they feel threatened. I have one that is grown and she still won't bark on tree. I've basically given up on her. She still gets to go to the woods with my good dog sometimes, but she's just a companion for the most part. It's probably not going to happen, but you never know...

Yes some really do. When mine is threatened, she suddenly runs off somewhere I'm not aware of. I'm worried that she might get lost in the woods by herself.

Old Post 04-19-2018 09:05 AM
zoesalinas is offline Click Here to See the Profile for zoesalinas Click here to Send zoesalinas a Private Message Click Here to Email zoesalinas Find more posts by zoesalinas Add zoesalinas to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote