UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Country coon dog
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Night cry
UKC Forum Member

Country coon dog

Does anyone have one ?? Just looking for a dog to take to the woods and tree some coon that won’t cost a fortune and doesn’t have all the pedigree flash and hype !!! Does anyone still just hunt to be hunting and enjoy the hound and the thrill of looking up a tree a seeing a coon ?? I’m in search of just a nice hound prefer younger and one that can be takin to the woods a learn to tree a coon !!

FUELED BY SHOWTIME DOG FOOD !!!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-06-2020 07:51 PM
Night cry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Night cry Click here to Send Night cry a Private Message Click Here to Email Night cry Find more posts by Night cry Add Night cry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AAThoundhunter
UKC Forum Member

coon dog

Doesn't everyone want a dog that when they take it to the woods it trees some coons?

Old Post 02-07-2020 02:17 PM
AAThoundhunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AAThoundhunter Click here to Send AAThoundhunter a Private Message Find more posts by AAThoundhunter Add AAThoundhunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Huntnharris
UKC Forum Member

I know where one is and the guy has turned down big money for it so far, till somebody throws a stupid price on the dog than he would sale her.

www.harrishoundsupply.net

Old Post 02-07-2020 02:31 PM
Huntnharris is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Huntnharris Click here to Send Huntnharris a Private Message Click Here to Email Huntnharris Visit Huntnharris's homepage! Find more posts by Huntnharris Add Huntnharris to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Prime Time 29
UKC Forum Member

In the last few years, when I hear old country coon dog, it was someone describing a dog that was well below average (basically a feces eater lol)!!! That was a nice way to put it. Nothing that most of us would ever consider hunting. The term has changed over the years!!!

GRNITECHHOF PKC CHAMPION ‘PR' PRIME TIME OUTLAW JESSE JAMES HTX3
2019 6th Place UKC World Championship
2019 Purina Race National Leader

Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything!!!
–- Wyatt Earp

People accuse me of being color blind. The truth is I will hunt red ones, blue ones, black and white ones, yellow ones, black and tan ones, or even brindle ones; Just as long as they are English!

Old Post 02-07-2020 02:59 PM
Prime Time 29 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Prime Time 29 Click here to Send Prime Time 29 a Private Message Click Here to Email Prime Time 29 Find more posts by Prime Time 29 Add Prime Time 29 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jerrydillon17
UKC Forum Member

Haha

When i hear the term good country coon dog to me it means, it dnt have be ,show champion in looks department, lol it dnt have to be the loudest , but you can guarantee you guna have them eyes looking down when you tree!! An you fill trailer up full coon by end season!! ,, not a babling , tree grabing for fun of it type dogs all over lol

Old Post 02-07-2020 03:51 PM
jerrydillon17 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jerrydillon17 Click here to Send jerrydillon17 a Private Message Click Here to Email jerrydillon17 Find more posts by jerrydillon17 Add jerrydillon17 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Night cry
UKC Forum Member

Absolutely!!

Thank you Jerry !! That’s how I see it as well !! It can be purple polka dotted with a Mohawk whistle on track and hoot on tree but I want a good ole hound that can put a coon up and stay treed

Old Post 02-07-2020 04:43 PM
Night cry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Night cry Click here to Send Night cry a Private Message Click Here to Email Night cry Find more posts by Night cry Add Night cry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CX3
UKC Forum Member

Lol! I've won a many a hunt and some bigger hunts with a so called country biscuit eater. I like the ones that stretch real good about the time you turn a cast loose, run over and take a dump right in front of us while the other 3 are racing through the country. And 3 minutes later just tree ol fluffy right there !

A real country coon dog is hard to beat fellas. There is no need to have to walk 3 miles to slick trees. It's just what every thinks needs to happen to win.

John 3:16
You'd better believe it!

Old Post 02-07-2020 05:24 PM
CX3 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CX3 Click here to Send CX3 a Private Message Click Here to Email CX3 Find more posts by CX3 Add CX3 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Night cry
UKC Forum Member

That’s right !!!

So where can I find one ?? Just a good ole hound ? I don’t comp hunt just want to enjoy the night with some buddies and tree some coons just enjoy doing it

Old Post 02-07-2020 07:14 PM
AAThoundhunter
UKC Forum Member

I doubt many people think walking 3 miles to slicks is what it takes to win. What it takes to win is having a coon. So bring the purple mowhawk hoot owl to town and put those coons up and walk away with 50k next year.

Old Post 02-07-2020 10:09 PM
AAThoundhunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AAThoundhunter Click here to Send AAThoundhunter a Private Message Find more posts by AAThoundhunter Add AAThoundhunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

And I thought Night Cry would be flooded with dogs for sale. I read so much about great dogs being hard to find, but dogs that can tree a coon are a dime a dozen. He's didn't ask for a great dog.

Old Post 02-08-2020 12:01 AM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Donald Bergeron

Lol. If that isn't the truth, what is? Dave

Old Post 02-08-2020 12:34 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Night cry
UKC Forum Member

Secrets out now !!

No such thing as a dog that can tree a coon I guess ?? Didn’t realize it would be hard to find just a good old coondog ??? I figured I’d find plenty for sale but it’s obvious no one has what I’m looking for or .... they no longer exist ??

Old Post 02-08-2020 01:03 AM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Night cry

I just might give you 2 older dogs that Defitinity TREE coons. I have not hunted either dog much over the last couple of years, so they are NOT hunted up, but will tree a coon any night you take them. My right knee is busted up and I can notg drive ( barely walk ). YOU WILL HAVE TO CIME TO ME IN PERSON to get these dogs. Google Church Hill, Th before you call me, if it's too far to come, DO NOT CALL . NO DOG HAULERS, I want to meet you. Pm for phone number if you can come and get. If they did not tree coons I would not have kept them for the past several years, not trashy, hunt decent, country coon dogs NOT Top COON DOGS in my book. THIS OFFER IS FOR NIGHT CRY ONLY. Dave

Last edited by Dave Richards on 02-08-2020 at 03:20 AM

Old Post 02-08-2020 02:50 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
2ol2hunt
UKC Forum Member

I would have responded but he prefers a younger dog

Old Post 02-08-2020 03:18 PM
2ol2hunt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 2ol2hunt Click here to Send 2ol2hunt a Private Message Click Here to Email 2ol2hunt Find more posts by 2ol2hunt Add 2ol2hunt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

2ol2hunt

I honestly tried to help, not sure if he knows what he wants. It's much easier to train a young dog with s proven coon treeing dog. When you start putting conditions on what you want and don't have the money to buy, you are not going to get much. To each his own, but the truth is the truth. Dave

Old Post 02-08-2020 05:47 PM
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by CX3
Lol! I've won a many a hunt and some bigger hunts with a so called country biscuit eater. I like the ones that stretch real good about the time you turn a cast loose, run over and take a dump right in front of us while the other 3 are racing through the country. And 3 minutes later just tree ol fluffy right there !

A real country coon dog is hard to beat fellas. There is no need to have to walk 3 miles to slick trees. It's just what every thinks needs to happen to win.

I like this kind of dog...the only thing I didn’t like is the name Ol fluffy...😁

What I see in this type of dog...

He has a lot of self confidence...he doesn’t need to get in a hurry because he knows more than likely he will strike and have the meat first...

When we look at this dog we see the confident air about him...

Old Post 02-08-2020 06:00 PM
Reuben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reuben Click here to Send Reuben a Private Message Click Here to Email Reuben Find more posts by Reuben Add Reuben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Josh Michaelis
UKC Forum Member

I know where there is one that I believed just turned three that trees coon pretty well for 3k

Old Post 02-08-2020 09:23 PM
Josh Michaelis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Josh Michaelis Click here to Send Josh Michaelis a Private Message Click Here to Email Josh Michaelis Find more posts by Josh Michaelis Add Josh Michaelis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
novicane65
UKC Forum Member

Honestly if I was just wanting to buy a coondog I'd be looking at dogs 5 or older. They're a bit cheaper, they know how and what they're doing in the woods. Most of the country coondogs I've seen are below the standards you're describing. They normally have huge faults that make them country coondogs. What you're describing most guys take to hunts.

And
Partners on a few common trashy young dogs

Gone but not forgotten

GrNtCh, PKC Ch Hillbilly Bildo
Pr Broken Oaks Wild Blue Gypsy

Old Post 02-08-2020 10:02 PM
novicane65 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for novicane65 Click here to Send novicane65 a Private Message Click Here to Email novicane65 Find more posts by novicane65 Add novicane65 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

If I was looking for a dog that I could enjoy treeing coons with and had the offer that was made on this thread, I'd be on my way to Tennessee.

Old Post 02-08-2020 10:28 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
2ol2hunt
UKC Forum Member

X2

Old Post 02-08-2020 10:46 PM
2ol2hunt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 2ol2hunt Click here to Send 2ol2hunt a Private Message Click Here to Email 2ol2hunt Find more posts by 2ol2hunt Add 2ol2hunt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
NathanWise
New UKC Forum Member

I might have what you're looking for if Va not to far away

Old Post 02-09-2020 02:20 AM
NathanWise is offline Click Here to See the Profile for NathanWise Click here to Send NathanWise a Private Message Click Here to Email NathanWise Find more posts by NathanWise Add NathanWise to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Donald Bergeron

My offer was s good one, but no longer available. One of my friends got one of the dogs and my wife says we will keep the other ( she likes her ) due to her age and value, she means more to us just to keep, she has a good home. I am now down to 2 hounds , 1 Mt cur and 4 Mt. Fiests. I will be in the market for a TOP COON DOG when my leg heals, before next fall. Dave

Old Post 02-11-2020 12:41 AM
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

Re: Donald Bergeron

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Richards
My offer was s good one, but no longer available. One of my friends got one of the dogs and my wife says we will keep the other ( she likes her ) due to her age and value, she means more to us just to keep, she has a good home. I am now down to 2 hounds , 1 Mt cur and 4 Mt. Fiests. I will be in the market for a TOP COON DOG when my leg heals, before next fall. Dave

Dave I hope you can find one. As you know they are not common.

Old Post 02-11-2020 01:52 AM
Preacher Tom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Preacher Tom Click here to Send Preacher Tom a Private Message Click Here to Email Preacher Tom Find more posts by Preacher Tom Add Preacher Tom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

Re: Donald Bergeron

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Richards
I would've been there before you could change your mind. LOL

Old Post 02-11-2020 03:41 AM
Philip
UKC Forum Member

I have a country coonhound, female Walker, Finley River dog mostly. Just happens to be out of world champ mr clean. Hunts close, cold nose, has a coon. Lot of energy, have videos,
In NY, 5 year old, no trash. 400

Old Post 02-11-2020 02:54 PM
Philip is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Philip Click here to Send Philip a Private Message Click Here to Email Philip Visit Philip's homepage! Find more posts by Philip Add Philip to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote