UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Purina Dog Chow
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Curtis

At that price, you might as well feed Purina One, it's priced about the same. Dave

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-28-2020 12:19 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sleepy head
UKC Forum Member

Re: Curtis

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Richards
At that price, you might as well feed Purina One, it's priced about the same. Dave

Can't do it Dave, I've recommended it to many people so it wouldn't be right for me to switch. JS

Old Post 01-28-2020 12:24 AM
sleepy head is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sleepy head Click here to Send sleepy head a Private Message Find more posts by sleepy head Add sleepy head to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

I think we are regressing with this subject to the old time way of evaluating dog food. In the 70’s hi pro, hi pro and more hi pro. Purina hi pro, Old roy hi pro, etc. Then someone came up with digestible hi protein vs non digestable. Chicken feet, beaks and other things not digested and used to matain the dogs body. Then some came up with hi pro without exercise is just over working the dogs kidneys. Then Fat content came into play during the turn of the century and people started to hear why fat increased energy. Just like protein. There are a couple of sources of fat. One good and one not so good. I think good fat for a working dog is important. i feed a grain free dog food now but the studies on heart problems is starting to concern me.
Guess it goes back trust and Purina has to get my vote there.
I just think all the formulas, different weight bags and different names keep everyone in confusion when trying to discuss and compare apples to apples.

Old Post 01-28-2020 12:25 AM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mwilkins
UKC Forum Member

New Dog Chow High Protein food that just came out:

https://www.purina.com/dog-chow/dry...otein-real-lamb

NITECH 'PR' Wilkins' Wipeout Oakley
'PR' Wilkins' Loud Mouth Lilly
'PR' Wilkins's Wipeout Squeekie (Deceased) (10/12/08)-(2/23/10)

Old Post 01-28-2020 12:43 AM
mwilkins is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mwilkins Click here to Send mwilkins a Private Message Click Here to Email mwilkins Find more posts by mwilkins Add mwilkins to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rick St.Clair
UKC Forum Member

Been feeding plan green bag Purina dog Chow for years. Never had any issues with the feed or dogs health. As stated before Purina does alot for our sport. As with alot of things in our day in time, too many people buy into fancy bags high prices with a big line of BS behind it. Cost more so must be better. I'll just stick with dog Chow.

Old Post 01-28-2020 02:23 AM
Rick St.Clair is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rick St.Clair Click here to Send Rick St.Clair a Private Message Click Here to Email Rick St.Clair Find more posts by Rick St.Clair Add Rick St.Clair to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
trkrmsy
UKC Forum Member

We have fed purina dog chow for years and between me,my dad and a few friends we have went through hundreds of dogs and have only seen a couple that didn't do good on it and that was because they had allergies. We tried several different feeds over the years but none that ever did as good.

Old Post 01-28-2020 02:54 AM
trkrmsy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for trkrmsy Click here to Send trkrmsy a Private Message Find more posts by trkrmsy Add trkrmsy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Ever heard the expression that sometimes you can't win for loosing. Well as I read and added to this thread about Dog Food and discussesed what Purina has done from research and supporting our hunting. I kind of thought about UKC and Allan and thought they might be smiling that we were not being negative or fussing about how things should be done at UKC.

Then I read a press release from yesterday and it looks like we need to research another brand of Dog Food.

United Kennel Club Announces Multi-Year Partnership Agreement With Eukanuba
PRESS RELEASE PR Newswire
Jan. 27, 2020, 11:03 AM
KALAMAZOO, Mich., Jan. 27, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- United Kennel Club (UKC™), today announced a landmark, three-year partnership with Eukanuba™, a premium dog food brand specializing in high-performance nutrition for sporting and working dogs. The partnership begins in 2020 and will run through 2023.

Old Post 01-28-2020 01:10 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Bruce

What’s the price of a 55lb bag of eukanuba dog chow ?

Tar

Old Post 01-28-2020 01:23 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
markncole
UKC Forum Member

Dog Chow

That's sad, and people think money doesn't dictate things lol

Old Post 01-28-2020 02:36 PM
markncole is offline Click Here to See the Profile for markncole Click here to Send markncole a Private Message Click Here to Email markncole Find more posts by markncole Add markncole to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

I don't know Tar. I am wore out from all the research I did yesterday with Purina. Give me a couple days to recoup.

I did some math on it and it looks like between $1.30 to $1.50 a pound. Your Purina Performance Sport was about $1.25 to $1.30
Now if you find it on sale or at a cheaper store. That will vary.

Old Post 01-28-2020 03:00 PM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tar

42.00 for a 33 pound bag 84. 00 for 66 pounds ( 2 ) bags, how many bags do you want? Lol. Dave p.s. it would take 3 bags per week for me to feed my dogs and that's 126.00 , Purina dog chow at 22 bag x 2 equals 44.00 per week for me. I think that I will stick with Purina at approx one third of the cost to feed.

Old Post 01-28-2020 03:05 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DL NH
UKC Forum Member

Re: Tar

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Richards
42.00 for a 33 pound bag 84. 00 for 66 pounds ( 2 ) bags, how many bags do you want? Lol. Dave p.s. it would take 3 bags per week for me to feed my dogs and that's 126.00 , Purina dog chow at 22 bag x 2 equals 44.00 per week for me. I think that I will stick with Purina at approx one third of the cost to feed.

3 bags a week? How many dogs are you feeding and how big are the bags?

Old Post 01-28-2020 03:37 PM
DL NH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DL NH Click here to Send DL NH a Private Message Find more posts by DL NH Add DL NH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
. dogs need corn !!

Do they ? Why ? And is that corn from 25 years ago or the genetically modified Roundup resistant $hit they're poisoning everything with today ?

Anybody ever see the Netflix doc on the pet food industry called "Pet Fooled" ?

WOW !!!

Old Post 01-28-2020 08:25 PM
Donnie Stevens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Stevens Click here to Send Donnie Stevens a Private Message Find more posts by Donnie Stevens Add Donnie Stevens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Dan

Lol. I have 10 dogs, I feed two fifty pound bags per week , it would take me 3 of those 33 pound bags. I have 5 hounds, 1 Mt. Cur and 4 Mt. Fiests . We also have 8 horses, my feed bill is more than most folks house payment per month. Dave

Old Post 01-28-2020 09:37 PM
Tug18
UKC Forum Member

Alot more things I'd worry about rather than round up ready corn.

Old Post 01-28-2020 10:07 PM
Tug18 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tug18 Click here to Send Tug18 a Private Message Find more posts by Tug18 Add Tug18 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sleepy head
UKC Forum Member

Is not the round up ready corn, for me it's the round up. I'm pro food production but I'm not a fan of round up

Old Post 01-28-2020 10:18 PM
sleepy head is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sleepy head Click here to Send sleepy head a Private Message Find more posts by sleepy head Add sleepy head to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Autumn Clements
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Donnie Stevens
Do they ? Why ? And is that corn from 25 years ago or the genetically modified Roundup resistant $hit they're poisoning everything with today ?

Anybody ever see the Netflix doc on the pet food industry called "Pet Fooled" ?

WOW !!!

That show is a real eye opener eh?

I had to switch one of mine to raw, I’m sold on feeding raw if it was more affordable to do so.

'PR'LEAD'S MIDNITE SASSY
CFC CH Canadian GCH Multi Group Placing MBPIG BBPIG LEGACYK STANNYFIELD PRIME TIME (AKC & UKC Pointed)
BPIG MBBPIG WINDAMIRS RED LIGHT DISTRICT V AMBERLANE
LEGACYK DARE TO DREAM V CBLUES
LEGACYK WHITE AS A GHOST V CBLUES

Gone but not forgotten
GRNITECH GRCH PKC CH'PR'CLEMENTS' BLUE PRANCER

GRNITECH GRCH'PR'SPIKE'S TWILITE HOOKER
'PR'PRANCER'S GETTIN DOWN N DIRTY (PrancerxHooker)
NITECH CH’PR’BUELL’S BLUE ROCKY(Whitey x Spice)

CKC BBPIG MARIES BABY BREEZE

Old Post 02-04-2020 01:09 AM
Autumn Clements is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Autumn Clements Click here to Send Autumn Clements a Private Message Click Here to Email Autumn Clements Find more posts by Autumn Clements Add Autumn Clements to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
croatankid
UKC Forum Member

I've always fed purina dog chow to my dogs. I supplement it with other stuff because I like my dogs to be happy and healthy.

Old Post 02-04-2020 06:03 PM
croatankid is offline Click Here to See the Profile for croatankid Click here to Send croatankid a Private Message Click Here to Email croatankid Find more posts by croatankid Add croatankid to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
croatankid
UKC Forum Member

I've always fed purina dog chow to my dogs. I supplement it with other stuff because I like my dogs to be happy and healthy.

Old Post 02-04-2020 06:03 PM
croatankid is offline Click Here to See the Profile for croatankid Click here to Send croatankid a Private Message Click Here to Email croatankid Find more posts by croatankid Add croatankid to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
houndsound
UKC Forum Member

Does anyone collect and use the weight circles? Is it worthwhile? How many 50 lb. bags of Dog Chow does it take to get a reward?

Old Post 02-07-2020 04:11 PM
houndsound is offline Click Here to See the Profile for houndsound Click here to Send houndsound a Private Message Click Here to Email houndsound Find more posts by houndsound Add houndsound to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

You don’t collect weight circles anymore, you scan the receipt with the store name and pounds of dog food purchased and then send the receipts by email I think to Purina once you sign up for the pro club. Different blends of feed are worth different amounts of points per pound. Can’t remember exactly how many points, but it came up to around 19 bags of Dog Chow, and they send a check for $70. I think that is around $3.68 refunded per bag just going off memory so it is worth it to join.

Old Post 02-08-2020 04:23 AM
ov_blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ov_blues Click here to Send ov_blues a Private Message Click Here to Email ov_blues Find more posts by ov_blues Add ov_blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
houndsound
UKC Forum Member

Wow, $3.68 a bag... and I can usually find a coupon for $2. That would make a 50 pound bag around $15? After reading through this thread I was going to try Dog Chow any way... for sure going to try it now. i just uploaded my first receipt- got my first 400 points!

Old Post 02-08-2020 04:05 PM
houndsound is offline Click Here to See the Profile for houndsound Click here to Send houndsound a Private Message Click Here to Email houndsound Find more posts by houndsound Add houndsound to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
100%hunter
UKC Forum Member

dog food

just bought 12 bags of purina beef 57# bags $236.00 and that includes tax 19.66 a bag i'll stick to purina!!!

Old Post 02-08-2020 05:17 PM
100%hunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 100%hunter Click here to Send 100%hunter a Private Message Find more posts by 100%hunter Add 100%hunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MudRiverdogs
UKC Forum Member

Purina

I feed Purina dog feed YEAR ROUND TO ALL MY DOGS I FEED DOG CHOW TO MOST AND WHEN I AM HUNTING ONE HARD IN THE HUNTS I FEED THE 30/20 Purina they have a feed for all your needs priced fare. 57 pound bag in WVa RUN ANYWHERE FROM 19 SOMETHING TO 21 something year round at Sam's then with your points it hard to beet. ALSO Purina does a lot for are sport. Thanks Purina

GRCH GRNITECH PKC CH 'PR'KEATON'S MUD RIVER BIG MACK
GRCH GRNITECH PKC CH 'PR'CHARLEY CREEK LOTA HEART
GRNITECH'PR' KOCH'S FINAL DESTIONATION
GRNITECH'PR' CHARLEY CREEK BIG BUGSY
GRNITECH GRCH'PR'SMOKEY MTN MERCY

Doug Keaton
304-840-3943

Last edited by MudRiverdogs on 02-09-2020 at 02:59 PM

Old Post 02-09-2020 02:55 PM
MudRiverdogs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MudRiverdogs Click here to Send MudRiverdogs a Private Message Click Here to Email MudRiverdogs Find more posts by MudRiverdogs Add MudRiverdogs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Olrebel
Banned

Who wants to eat the same thing day after day ? Not me nor either shall my dogs, I switch feeds every bag my dogs are allways wagging there tails when I go to feed and my yard dog has to come smell the bag every time I get a new one ,she will bark and wag her tail like a pup and she is 13 years old.

Old Post 02-09-2020 03:12 PM
Olrebel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Olrebel Click here to Send Olrebel a Private Message Click Here to Email Olrebel Find more posts by Olrebel Add Olrebel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote