UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Mr. Dave Richards
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Curtis

I looked at the Wildcat on line, read a few reviews on the gun and it looks okay, seems to function just fine. What I don't like is all of the "plastic " like parts it's made from and st a 250.00 price point, you can buy 2 Rossi autos or bolt action 22 rifles that are in my opinion a better rifle for the money. The old Winchesters were made to last a lifetime and for 250.00 you can buy a nice older Winchester. Dave

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-08-2020 07:02 PM
Dave Richards is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sleepy head
UKC Forum Member

Re: Curtis

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Richards
I looked at the Wildcat on line, read a few reviews on the gun and it looks okay, seems to function just fine. What I don't like is all of the "plastic " like parts it's made from and st a 250.00 price point, you can buy 2 Rossi autos or bolt action 22 rifles that are in my opinion a better rifle for the money. The old Winchesters were made to last a lifetime and for 250.00 you can buy a nice older Winchester. Dave

Okay thanks

Old Post 02-08-2020 08:20 PM
sleepy head is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sleepy head Click here to Send sleepy head a Private Message Find more posts by sleepy head Add sleepy head to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sleepy head
UKC Forum Member

Has anyone used the Aquila sss 60 grain to coon hunt?

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/2506135961

Old Post 02-24-2020 03:32 PM
sleepy head is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sleepy head Click here to Send sleepy head a Private Message Find more posts by sleepy head Add sleepy head to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Sleepyhead

Yes, I have used them, they do a great job. Remember that this 60 grain bullet will shoot to a different point of aim. Reset your scope if using one, or shoot with open sights and learn the point if aim. These are great bullets and pretty quiet, remember you are shooting a 60 grain bullet out of a 22 short hull. Dave

Old Post 02-24-2020 09:57 PM
Dave Richards is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
2ol2hunt
UKC Forum Member

Dave
Did you have any trouble getting a Coon out of a tall treetop?

Old Post 02-24-2020 10:17 PM
2ol2hunt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 2ol2hunt Click here to Send 2ol2hunt a Private Message Click Here to Email 2ol2hunt Find more posts by 2ol2hunt Add 2ol2hunt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

2ol2hunt

No, these shells hit very hard, they call them sniper round for a reason, they work.Like a 45 acp heavy bullet slower but deadly. Dave

Old Post 02-25-2020 12:43 AM
2ol2hunt
UKC Forum Member

Thanks for the info

Old Post 02-25-2020 12:56 AM
2ol2hunt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 2ol2hunt Click here to Send 2ol2hunt a Private Message Click Here to Email 2ol2hunt Find more posts by 2ol2hunt Add 2ol2hunt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sleepy head
UKC Forum Member

Re: Sleepyhead

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Richards
Yes, I have used them, they do a great job. Remember that this 60 grain bullet will shoot to a different point of aim. Reset your scope if using one, or shoot with open sights and learn the point if aim. These are great bullets and pretty quiet, remember you are shooting a 60 grain bullet out of a 22 short hull. Dave

Thanks Dave, to cold and windy to do much testing but that's a nice chunk of lead.

Old Post 02-26-2020 04:50 PM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Sleepy head

Curtis, you may want to shoot this round in different rifles to see which rifle shoots the round better. Different rifles have different barrel rifling twist rate and this can affect the accuracy of this round. Make sure the round is leaving a round hole on paper and not tumbling or going in sideways. If the round is leaving a clean round hole the rifling twist rate is okay for this round and will shoot accurately. Dave

Old Post 02-27-2020 12:32 AM
sleepy head
UKC Forum Member

I was shooting it out of a little naa mini revolver, and it was tumbling at 7 yards. But I got to say, if you got slapped in the head side ways by one of those things flopping through the air it would be painful.

Old Post 02-27-2020 12:51 AM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Curtis

It's definitely not a pistol round. Lol. Now out of a rifle with the right rifle twist it's an awesome round with a punch. Dave

Old Post 02-27-2020 04:38 AM
RC-Abby
UKC Forum Member

Well Dave!

The virus wasn't good for the gun shows. So I'm still using my Marlin Glenfield .22. Just replaced the nylon/plastic recoil again. Funny thing is price has went up. $ 7.00 last year to $ 14.00 now. Think I'm going to order another to have on hand. I only use CCI Stinger 32 grain .22LR for coonhunting. Could I be getting to much recoil pressure causing the problem. I'm only getting 100 rounds or less fired before recoil breaks. Open for suggestion and comments from anyone.

Thanks

Randi Bidlack

Old Post 12-05-2020 06:17 PM
RC-Abby is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RC-Abby Click here to Send RC-Abby a Private Message Find more posts by RC-Abby Add RC-Abby to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
benderb4
Banned

Re: Mr. Dave Richards

quote:
Originally posted by RC-Abby
D0 you own a Marlin Glenfield model 25 .22 cal. rimfire? If you do, will you tell me the length and weight.(light weight) Is it a balanced gun? Does it have the grooved scope mount?

Thanks for any help
Randi Bidlack

Just saw this post. I have one that is about 40years old. Christmas present... Shoot s well. Have a single shot model (NO LONGER MADE)that was actually a miniaturized youth model single shot mod 10. And I have have a model 10. All shoot incredibly well.
I know a few guys that got the Nod 25 .Shortened the barrel (Home job with a hacksaw..ICK) They sanded and shortened the stock . Do look neat. and shot surprisingly well. In spite them not having the barrel crowned

TRUTH IS TREASON IN AN EMPIRE OF LIES...G. Orwell
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING THE GOVERNMENT TELLS YOU...G. Carlin
ONLY THOSE WHO HAVE SOMETHING TO HIDE WORK RELENTLESSLY TO CENSOR THOSE WHO SPEAK THE TRUTH...Ron DeSantis

Old Post 12-05-2020 07:10 PM
benderb4 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for benderb4 Find more posts by benderb4 Add benderb4 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
benderb4
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by sleepy head
Has anyone used the Aquila sss 60 grain to coon hunt?

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/2506135961

I didn't but guy I hunted with bought some. We both thought for sure they would be junk. We hunted coon together so I did see them in action.He used them coon hunting . And target shots on sightin. He used a single shot Savage and they were tack drivers for him No scope so there were nights I was like come on man what are you doing ?

TRUTH IS TREASON IN AN EMPIRE OF LIES...G. Orwell
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING THE GOVERNMENT TELLS YOU...G. Carlin
ONLY THOSE WHO HAVE SOMETHING TO HIDE WORK RELENTLESSLY TO CENSOR THOSE WHO SPEAK THE TRUTH...Ron DeSantis

Old Post 12-05-2020 07:25 PM
benderb4 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for benderb4 Find more posts by benderb4 Add benderb4 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MUSKY
UKC Forum Member

It’s hard to beat a 10/22 ruger.

Home of:
A couple old plugs

Old Post 12-05-2020 09:12 PM
MUSKY is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MUSKY Click here to Send MUSKY a Private Message Click Here to Email MUSKY Find more posts by MUSKY Add MUSKY to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tradition 22 single shot

Break down single shot, excellent coon hunting rifle, light and deadly with a scope. Dave

Old Post 12-05-2020 10:50 PM