UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Treeing Walkers > Suggestions Fellas
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
huntbluedogs
UKC Forum Member

Suggestions Fellas

Alright fellas lookin to make to make the change and get rid of all my blue dogs except one and go to walkers what I'm lookin for is what line should I check out I must have these in a dog:
BIG MOUTH
Accuracy
Drive (NO LAZINESS)
Smart!!
Cold Trailing Ability
Stay Put Treedog doesn't have to be 120 bpm, 60 bpm is fine but must not pull and no roughness around the tree

Any suggestions guys

Also kinda like a houndy, mostly white walker

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-23-2013 03:57 AM
huntbluedogs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for huntbluedogs Click here to Send huntbluedogs a Private Message Click Here to Email huntbluedogs Find more posts by huntbluedogs Add huntbluedogs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
slobbermouth21
Banned

id go with a pup off nailors southern country rock or a wipeout bred dog and stay away from enything with rat attack,sackett jr,hardwood elvis attack etc they are not gonna be cold trailing dogs even though someone might clame they are they are not they might have a good nose but cant touch a nailor or wipeout dog or even a line bred lipper dog

Old Post 01-23-2013 05:09 AM
slobbermouth21 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for slobbermouth21 Click here to Send slobbermouth21 a Private Message Click Here to Email slobbermouth21 Find more posts by slobbermouth21 Add slobbermouth21 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
huntbluedogs
UKC Forum Member

Thanks for the response, any more suggestions I'm tryin to find out as much about the different lines and traits as I can

Old Post 01-23-2013 03:30 PM
huntbluedogs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for huntbluedogs Click here to Send huntbluedogs a Private Message Click Here to Email huntbluedogs Find more posts by huntbluedogs Add huntbluedogs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
smartin0022
UKC Forum Member

Get a dog bred with heavy old lipper blood as close up as you can get it on the pedigree. I also think the best track dog we have ever owned was out of guess dean wood drifter.

Old Post 01-24-2013 03:23 AM
smartin0022 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for smartin0022 Click here to Send smartin0022 a Private Message Click Here to Email smartin0022 Find more posts by smartin0022 Add smartin0022 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
larry ross
UKC Forum Member

lone pine - bozo-stylish queen-lipper

NT.CH.PKC CH.CRAZY DAISY
CH. GR.NT.CH. PKC CH. HARDWOOD CRAZY GABE (AT STUD)
GRCH. NTCH JAMMIN CHAMP
NT.CH HARDWOOD CRAZY KALIGA 2ND PLACE WIN AND 9TH AT 2011 WALKER DAYS. 8TH 2012 SETWA MEMORIAL HUNT 10TH 2012 WALKER DAYS 1ST SHOALS RQE 2013
GR.NT.CH. JONES CRAZY COACH
NT.CH. CRAZY TRAIN (AT STUD)
CRAZY OLE BLACK BETTY 2ND &6TH&1ST PLACE WIN
CH.GRNT. SAILES SUGAR CREEK CASSY AGAIN- ALL GRAND
NTCH.SWAMPHOLLOW TIC
RIP GR.NT.CH. PKC CH HARDWOOD CRAZY NICK

Old Post 01-26-2013 06:50 AM
larry ross is offline Click Here to See the Profile for larry ross Click here to Send larry ross a Private Message Click Here to Email larry ross Find more posts by larry ross Add larry ross to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Les Young09
UKC Forum Member

And

quote:
Originally posted by larry ross
lone pine - bozo-stylish queen-lipper
Don't forget Balls Stylish Harry. He threw some great track dogs. Rat or Nailor(treedogs) crossed on Harry(trackdogs) worked well. Lots of folks are crazy about Clover breeding for trackdogs as well. Wipeout dogs are known for tracking too. For me though the more Bozo the better.

Old Post 01-29-2013 05:10 AM
Les Young09 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Les Young09 Click here to Send Les Young09 a Private Message Click Here to Email Les Young09 Find more posts by Les Young09 Add Les Young09 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
iforce
UKC Forum Member

Get a pup out of buck fork dollar...he is sauna river U will not regret a pup out of dollar

Old Post 01-29-2013 02:43 PM
iforce is offline Click Here to See the Profile for iforce Click here to Send iforce a Private Message Click Here to Email iforce Find more posts by iforce Add iforce to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jmassie6
UKC Forum Member

dogs

Look into Mike Espinosas Wild Card or Wild Cards Buddy. Wild Butch is also throwing some nice hounds.

PR WILD MAD-MAN(Wild Butch)
937-605-3912(cell)
740-490-7261 (home)
WEB PAGE http://huntingsupplyexpress.com

Old Post 01-29-2013 07:49 PM
jmassie6 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jmassie6 Click here to Send jmassie6 a Private Message Click Here to Email jmassie6 Visit jmassie6's homepage! Find more posts by jmassie6 Add jmassie6 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kordog
UKC Forum Member

i have had good luck with yadkin dogs linebred from champ for cold trailing ability. ,my main stud i used for my pups would let any dog eat with him even puppys without me there. treeing alot of coon quick isnt always the case with what i have for dogs because some will trail for miles before they end up treeing it on an old track. that is the chance you take with colder nosed dogs.for alot biggame or poor coon populations they shine .

Old Post 01-30-2013 02:49 PM
kordog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kordog Click here to Send kordog a Private Message Click Here to Email kordog Find more posts by kordog Add kordog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bengie Bengala
UKC Forum Member

Dozer

Everything your looking for is right here in one dog. Don't worry about what I posted, read what all the other guys posted about Dozer. Then watch the videos of him treeing. If there is anything I can do for you, or if you have any questions feel free to call me any time. 330-507-3226

Click on this post for Dozer
http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthrea...threadid=490353

GRNTCH PKC CH 'PR' NIGHT N DAYS DOZER HTX

Clear your path to the winner circle, hunt a Dozer pup!

NITE CH 'PR' NIGHT N DAYS DOZER JR (Dozer X Fletchers Stylish Jake female)

Old Post 01-30-2013 06:24 PM
Bengie Bengala is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bengie Bengala Click here to Send Bengie Bengala a Private Message Click Here to Email Bengie Bengala Find more posts by Bengie Bengala Add Bengie Bengala to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CoondogUp
UKC Forum Member

I am not going to blow a lot of smoke but if you like a "Old School Dawg" then you will love DRIFTER.

Check out DRIFTER thread: http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthrea...threadid=470797

HOME OF:

RIP: GRCH GRNITECH PKC CH 'PR' HIGH PLAINS DRIFTER (SKIPPER X UNFORGIVENS PAIGE) Frozen Semen Available

RIP: GRNITECH 'PR' IOWA STYLE EXTREME LIZZY (GCH GRNITECH Bear Creek Hanna daughter)

GRWCH GRNITECH GRCH Belly Buster (Drifter x Half Breed Joey)

GRNITECH GRCH Iowa Style Wild Storm (Big D & 6 shots of Clover)

Old Post 01-30-2013 08:12 PM
CoondogUp is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CoondogUp Click here to Send CoondogUp a Private Message Click Here to Email CoondogUp Find more posts by CoondogUp Add CoondogUp to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
youngwalkerman
UKC Forum Member

coma dogs has worked the best for me they have ever thing that I look for in a dog

Old Post 02-01-2013 02:33 PM
youngwalkerman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for youngwalkerman Click here to Send youngwalkerman a Private Message Click Here to Email youngwalkerman Visit youngwalkerman's homepage! Find more posts by youngwalkerman Add youngwalkerman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nate Walker
New UKC Forum Member

I would look into Coma for sure LOUD and accurite or clover like the wild dogs I am thinking of breeding my female to mikes dogs she is grand but needs some track into her to much sacket jr

Old Post 02-02-2013 04:55 AM
Nate Walker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nate Walker Click here to Send Nate Walker a Private Message Click Here to Email Nate Walker Find more posts by Nate Walker Add Nate Walker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
larry ross
UKC Forum Member

coma is bozo . clover is bozo -lone pine . harry is clover his littermate brother -lipper and stylish queen. wipeout is a lot bozo hope this helps

NT.CH.PKC CH.CRAZY DAISY
CH. GR.NT.CH. PKC CH. HARDWOOD CRAZY GABE (AT STUD)
GRCH. NTCH JAMMIN CHAMP
NT.CH HARDWOOD CRAZY KALIGA 2ND PLACE WIN AND 9TH AT 2011 WALKER DAYS. 8TH 2012 SETWA MEMORIAL HUNT 10TH 2012 WALKER DAYS 1ST SHOALS RQE 2013
GR.NT.CH. JONES CRAZY COACH
NT.CH. CRAZY TRAIN (AT STUD)
CRAZY OLE BLACK BETTY 2ND &6TH&1ST PLACE WIN
CH.GRNT. SAILES SUGAR CREEK CASSY AGAIN- ALL GRAND
NTCH.SWAMPHOLLOW TIC
RIP GR.NT.CH. PKC CH HARDWOOD CRAZY NICK

Old Post 02-02-2013 07:58 PM
larry ross is offline Click Here to See the Profile for larry ross Click here to Send larry ross a Private Message Click Here to Email larry ross Find more posts by larry ross Add larry ross to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Les Young09
UKC Forum Member

Couldn't Agree With Larry More

Bozo & if I wasn't going that way I'd see about House breeding. Talk to Jeff Duvall , Tom Bates, Mike McComber or Steve Conger about the typical style House bred tracking ability. Heavy Bozo, Coma, Harry , Lone Pine or House breeding if your wanting sure enough dogs that can take any track they come too & have the ability to tree it. They are dogs that can drift cold tracks & tree them when lots of dogs never make a bark on track or tree. Also have the ability to catch lots of coon on the ground when running hot tracks. Coma or House throw some huge mouths with it. Some can be bawl mouth tree digs when first starting to tree, but most change to either a full chop on tree or either a screaming bawl & chop which actually is my favorite tree mouth. They sound like they're killing something. lol

Old Post 02-05-2013 08:15 PM
Les Young09 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Les Young09 Click here to Send Les Young09 a Private Message Click Here to Email Les Young09 Find more posts by Les Young09 Add Les Young09 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
english56
UKC Forum Member

Bozo is defently right path my buddy has a wild card female out of a lone pine cowboy jip that has a super nose also i had a nitech female shed be 12 now off wipe out zach and nailor and pac man on bottom super good track dog wipe out is bozo flag breeding im hunting a grnitech jip off dohoney dizzy and a comas stylish legend female she can tree about any coon out their so id look into wipeout clover lone pine also another line of dogs i like is mike carrols slow talking dogs from south carolina

Old Post 02-16-2013 11:15 AM
english56 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for english56 Click here to Send english56 a Private Message Click Here to Email english56 Find more posts by english56 Add english56 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
excaliber
UKC Forum Member

TRACK MAN

Old Post 02-16-2013 11:27 PM
excaliber is offline Click Here to See the Profile for excaliber Click here to Send excaliber a Private Message Click Here to Email excaliber Find more posts by excaliber Add excaliber to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
boxmanwillie
Banned

HUNTIN BLUE DOGS

GET YOU ACOMA DOG HOUNDY BIG MOUTH GOOD NOSE

Old Post 02-17-2013 08:46 PM
boxmanwillie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for boxmanwillie Click here to Send boxmanwillie a Private Message Find more posts by boxmanwillie Add boxmanwillie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MikeR
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by excaliber
TRACK MAN

The name Trackman is an oxymoron. Most trackman dogs I've owned (several) and seen couldn't track a coon out of a paper bag. Trackman is well know for producing tree dogs not track dogs.

GrNiteCh Ch Oak Branch's Black Bird Star
Wipeout Chesapeake Piper

Last edited by MikeR on 02-19-2013 at 02:03 PM

Old Post 02-19-2013 01:59 PM
MikeR is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MikeR Click here to Send MikeR a Private Message Click Here to Email MikeR Find more posts by MikeR Add MikeR to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
headless01
UKC Forum Member

lone pine foundation is finley river. go with clover, lone pine breed.

nailor trackdog? nailors mom, lockdown lassie?
tar rattler was trackdog.

Old Post 02-21-2013 03:47 PM
headless01 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for headless01 Click here to Send headless01 a Private Message Click Here to Email headless01 Find more posts by headless01 Add headless01 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dwils
UKC Forum Member

Re: Suggestions Fellas

quote:
Originally posted by huntbluedogs
Alright fellas lookin to make to make the change and get rid of all my blue dogs except one and go to walkers what I'm lookin for is what line should I check out I must have these in a dog:
BIG MOUTH
Accuracy
Drive (NO LAZINESS)
Smart!!
Cold Trailing Ability
Stay Put Treedog doesn't have to be 120 bpm, 60 bpm is fine but must not pull and no roughness around the tree

Any suggestions guys

Also kinda like a houndy, mostly white walker

If you keep a blue gyp call me . I'd cross her to bear . He fits your exact description

NtCh PKCCh Skuna River Faith
NtCh PKC Ch Catch This
Silver Ch River Bend Lacey

Old Post 02-21-2013 05:09 PM
Dwils is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dwils Click here to Send Dwils a Private Message Click Here to Email Dwils Find more posts by Dwils Add Dwils to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jackson87
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by MikeR
The name Trackman is an oxymoron. Most trackman dogs I've owned (several) and seen couldn't track a coon out of a paper bag. Trackman is well know for producing tree dogs not track dogs.

Mike ive only seen one trackman dog in action.She can trail up a COLD coon and put the meat on the wood.Layups are not a problem either.Her mouth is super loud and shes smart.Thats facts.Back to the original post if you like whiter walkers id check out Wild Card and Skuna River Bear.Id say both would fit the bill.

Old Post 02-24-2013 09:52 PM
Jackson87 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jackson87 Click here to Send Jackson87 a Private Message Find more posts by Jackson87 Add Jackson87 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote