UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Black & Tans > WSIF [World Show Incentive Fund]
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
SWANNY6
UKC Forum Member

WSIF [World Show Incentive Fund]

Guys and Gals we are going to try and boost the participation in the WSIF and get some more money in there for a bigger check next year so any ideas would be appreciated. We are going to have a raffle at each big event this year and all the proceeds will go to the show fund starting with Grand America we will raffle a new Garmin and maybe a light if enough interest. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks

FAIRCHILD WI
I use and recommend
Nite Time Supply
and Cajun Lights.
I walk with Mack not Wick!!!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-07-2014 12:33 AM
SWANNY6 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SWANNY6 Click here to Send SWANNY6 a Private Message Click Here to Email SWANNY6 Find more posts by SWANNY6 Add SWANNY6 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
longshot
UKC Forum Member

Swanny, I tried for years to get people interested in the show fund with no luck. It didn't get a bit of help other than Lisa Beddingfield.

My conclusion was that people cared a lot about the Hunt fund and didn't give a hoot about the Show fund.

My opinion is that the Show Fund should be killed off until someone or some group proves they can make it work with matching funds.

If someone whines saying the ABTCHA only cares about the Hunt side , then tell them they had PLENTY of chances to step up and make it work.

Just my opinion. Best of luck.

I should ad that I doubt politics will allow killing off the Show Fund even though it needs put out of it's misery. lol

Last edited by longshot on 11-07-2014 at 04:24 PM

Old Post 11-07-2014 04:17 PM
longshot is offline Click Here to See the Profile for longshot Click here to Send longshot a Private Message Find more posts by longshot Add longshot to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
berger
UKC Forum Member

Re: WSIF [World Show Incentive Fund]

quote:
Originally posted by SWANNY6
Guys and Gals we are going to try and boost the participation in the WSIF and get some more money in there for a bigger check next year so any ideas would be appreciated. We are going to have a raffle at each big event this year and all the proceeds will go to the show fund starting with Grand America we will raffle a new Garmin and maybe a light if enough interest. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks

I am glad to see that there is finally a push to get the WSIF funded. IMO way over due, even though I have never shown a dog. The WHIF has now got a plan in place to keep it fully funded and paid for. There is no doubt there are a lot more members that hunt then show. Though there does seem to be some young and new members coming up in the show arena these day.

The WHIF was started by auctions of stud dogs and pups which the hunters benefitted from because the show personnel could also buy studs and pups. Most fund raisers for the WSIF were done with Show dog materiel benches etc. which really cut down the participation from BNT fanciers.

The WHIF is set and Maxed out at $10,000. which was the set goal. Jamie what is the goal for the WSIF? $5,000.?

The raffle with a garmin or light is a great idea, though I believe a online auction with stud fees, pups etc. would also benefit the BNT membership and breed as a whole.

319-201-8445

Last edited by berger on 11-07-2014 at 05:11 PM

Old Post 11-07-2014 05:05 PM
berger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for berger Click here to Send berger a Private Message Find more posts by berger Add berger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
H. L. Meyer
UKC Forum Member

Just wondering

Who is in charge of the WSIF fund and how much $ is in it?.

Old Post 11-10-2014 02:03 PM
H. L. Meyer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for H. L. Meyer Click here to Send H. L. Meyer a Private Message Click Here to Email H. L. Meyer Find more posts by H. L. Meyer Add H. L. Meyer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mike pennington
UKC Forum Member

Raffles are a lot of trouble and you might make a lot of money or very little. Why doesn't the Association just give the fund some money like they do the hunt fund?

812-883-6100

Old Post 11-10-2014 04:27 PM
mike pennington is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mike pennington Click here to Send mike pennington a Private Message Click Here to Email mike pennington Find more posts by mike pennington Add mike pennington to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
berger
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by mike pennington
Raffles are a lot of trouble and you might make a lot of money or very little. Why doesn't the Association just give the fund some money like they do the hunt fund?

Mike if I remember correctly the Assoc. gave funds to both funds. I believe they matched funds up to a certain amount 1 yr. The difference was in the amount to each fund was because of the total amount raised per fund. Raffles can be a lot of work and unpredictable in it's success same as the stud and pup auctions. Achieving something is a lot easier when you have a goal to achieve. Most of the fund raisers were always towards the WHIF fund. We have reached the goal of the WHIF fund and have a path to lead it to self funding. It is past due to get the WSIF the same opportunity. The easiest way to do this is get the people showing dogs STRONGLY behind this and then have all BNT members support it. Also to reach the goal and to make sure it stay's funded WE need a GOAL!!

I am also interested on the balance in the WSIF.

319-201-8445

Last edited by berger on 11-10-2014 at 06:59 PM

Old Post 11-10-2014 06:54 PM
berger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for berger Click here to Send berger a Private Message Find more posts by berger Add berger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mike pennington
UKC Forum Member

I know of at least $4000 that has been given to the hunt fund and now there is an insurance policy that the Association pays for. As far as I know there has only been $
500 given to the show fund. We have paid 10% to male and female winner for the last 4 years so I can't imagine there is much left.

812-883-6100

Old Post 11-10-2014 07:22 PM
mike pennington is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mike pennington Click here to Send mike pennington a Private Message Click Here to Email mike pennington Find more posts by mike pennington Add mike pennington to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
longshot
UKC Forum Member

The Hunt Fund was worked and raised a lot of money. The Show Fund never took off at all. Matching funds were offered to both funds.

In the first year , the Hunt fund raised $6000 and was matched with Assoc money of $2000 for a total of $8000 that year...

The Show Fund raised ZERO but was GIVEN a gift of $500 anyway that same year... They were offered that same $2000 matching funds but didn't raise any money to match.

Some see that as unfair. I see it as a GIFT to a fund that didn't do any work.

Anyway, I'm certainly not against the Show Fund , I just don't think you have all that much interest in it. Yes , showing dogs brings some folk into the breed, but winning the world show in NOTHING compared to winning the World Hunt. B&T's should win the show about every 7 years and they've done better than that anyway.

But save for Jeff Nelson we'd be the laughing stock of coon hunting along with the Bluetickers... It sure don't take many fingers to count up World Hunt winners with a B&T.

Bottom line is this : Winning the World Show is a big deal...
Winning the World Hunt is absolutely freaking HUGE !!!

Old Post 11-10-2014 08:26 PM
longshot is offline Click Here to See the Profile for longshot Click here to Send longshot a Private Message Find more posts by longshot Add longshot to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
H. L. Meyer
UKC Forum Member

Talking My Question still unanawered

Just wondering if ANYONE can and will answer this question WHO is incharge of the WSIF fund and how much $ was in said account.
Don't think for a moment this question is asked to cause any hostitality to anyone I just thought if that person was known that would let people know who was the go to person just in case they wanted to say contribute a little $ .

Old Post 11-11-2014 05:13 PM
H. L. Meyer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for H. L. Meyer Click here to Send H. L. Meyer a Private Message Click Here to Email H. L. Meyer Find more posts by H. L. Meyer Add H. L. Meyer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
berger
UKC Forum Member

Re: My Question still unanawered

quote:
Originally posted by H. L. Meyer
Just wondering if ANYONE can and will answer this question WHO is incharge of the WSIF fund and how much $ was in said account.
Don't think for a moment this question is asked to cause any hostitality to anyone I just thought if that person was known that would let people know who was the go to person just in case they wanted to say contribute a little $ .

H L I didn't think your question was asked to create any hostility. I don't know the answer to your question. Though I would think the treasurer would probably be in charge of the account as he would be the one that I would presume is the one to distribute the awards to the winners. Now as far as the WSIF goes I don't know if there is a person in charge of it or even a committee for it as it is for the WHIF. Though I would guess the board has decided to try and get it funded since they are wanting to do a raffle to restart this program. To make sure this program will stay funded and prosper we will need BNT members to get behind it show and hunter enthusiast's alike.

319-201-8445

Old Post 11-11-2014 06:05 PM
H. L. Meyer
UKC Forum Member

Sir

With all due respect after reading your post I think you answered why this program has not excelled. Meaning a program that has no leadership let alone a direction to go is doomed to failure. With that said if people who has in the past and in the future want to support the B&T breed in the show world they may" NO" need some leadership then and only then will this project have a good ending.
Could the B&T Ass appoint a Chairman and a committee to see if there is even a desire for a WSIF fund?
Now I do not have the answer BUT in my opinion the quire needs to start singing or close the doors and go home so to speak.

Old Post 11-11-2014 07:12 PM
rweller
UKC Forum Member

Guys the fund has always been there. We have tried to get this going for the last 3 years for sure that I know of. Lisa Beddingfield said she would try to make it go last year and again the show people failed to help her out. Here's an example from B & T days this past year. There was a show bench donated to auction off for the show fund. A NON show person won the auction for something like $100.00 and gave it back to auction again. The 2nd time I think it brought $40.00. The Association has tried to make this go.
I agree H.L, the choir needs to start singing.

Now if all the people that show or like to show want to make this go you need to get with Jamie Swan(he's not even a show person) and help him out. He said he would make one last push to make this go. If not it will be gone next year I think.

If you want to donate, the money can go directly to Jeff Nelson our treasure of ABTCHA. Make sure its marked WSIF.

GR.Nt.Ch. Pr Black Magic Queen
Past home of Gr.Nt.Ch. Splitters Magic Otis 2014 Black and Tan Days King of Hunt. GRNITECH'PR' Roughton's Black Splitter X Gr.Nt.Ch. Black Magic Queen

Old Post 11-11-2014 08:59 PM
rweller is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rweller Click here to Send rweller a Private Message Click Here to Email rweller Find more posts by rweller Add rweller to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
longshot
UKC Forum Member

Not to change the subject, but I think it's pretty cool to see the Assoc President come on here and respond to questions. In the history of the Assoc , we've never had that before. It's probably very dangerous.

Ralph and I ain't always agreed on everything, but by-gosh he does more than his share and I admire that a great deal.

On the subject of WHIF/WSIF bank balances , I always wanted to have that info posted on the Assoc website but I never got it done. I'm out of the loop now and have no idea how much we have. I kinda wish the Treasurer would post it and update it a couple times a year.

Old Post 11-11-2014 09:54 PM
BLACKNTANS
UKC Forum Member

PUT UP OR SHUT UP- NUFF SAID

same persons have been moaning and groaning about the whif / wsif since day one.

Longshot , the board, and dedicated hunters have built this program and have gotten it to where it is today. Proof is in the numbers.

The show people havent shown interest

PAST HOME OF
GR NT CH TENNESSEE TRIP
(CH GRNT CH HOLDINGS ROCKET FUEL X GR NT CH JUNIORS DARK HOLLOW DAISY)

NT CH JANE'S BOY
(GR NT CH BTTB BLACKHAWK X GR NT CH GI JANE)

Old Post 11-11-2014 10:44 PM
BLACKNTANS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BLACKNTANS Click here to Send BLACKNTANS a Private Message Find more posts by BLACKNTANS Add BLACKNTANS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ray Conrad
UKC Forum Member

Guys and Girls, I was the chairman of the WHIF and the WSIF for the last two years. Jamie is now the chair as Ralph said. After the World Show last year, The WSIF was down to 256.00 of the original 500 that the Association placed in the fund. After the auction of the show bench I believe 200.00 more was deposited. Bringing the total back to 456.00. I could be off a dollar or two. After the world hunt this year the winners were entitled to 10% each of that. One of the winners donated the money back so the fund stands now at approximately 400.00 dollars. I personally made the trip to the World hunt and show the last two years to present the checks to the winners of the hunt and the show. I have talked with several of the people showing made phone calls to show enthusiast and I absolutely could get little to no interest. The WSIF program is in place for the members and I for one would love to see it succeed as I believe all the board members and officers would. It is very hard to continue to try to run a program when the people that stand to gain the most from the program show very little if any interest. Please if anyone has suggestions to fortify this program forward them to Jamie, Ralph or myself.

Old Post 11-11-2014 11:28 PM
Ray Conrad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ray Conrad Click here to Send Ray Conrad a Private Message Click Here to Email Ray Conrad Find more posts by Ray Conrad Add Ray Conrad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
H. L. Meyer
UKC Forum Member

Thanks for the info

BLACKNTANS no need to get HOSTILE!!!!!!!!!!!. Ray you answered ALL the questions I asked verry politely THANKS. Maybe this program will never get off the drawing board who knows at least you and others have and continue to strive to make this program succeed if it does not then the people who show B&T on a regular bases are the ones to blame. Anyway thanks again.

Old Post 11-11-2014 11:55 PM
BLACKNTANS
UKC Forum Member

Mr Meyer - no hostility on my end. I challenge you and all the show folks to rally around this fund and make it great!

PAST HOME OF
GR NT CH TENNESSEE TRIP
(CH GRNT CH HOLDINGS ROCKET FUEL X GR NT CH JUNIORS DARK HOLLOW DAISY)

NT CH JANE'S BOY
(GR NT CH BTTB BLACKHAWK X GR NT CH GI JANE)

Old Post 11-12-2014 12:59 AM
BLACKNTANS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BLACKNTANS Click here to Send BLACKNTANS a Private Message Find more posts by BLACKNTANS Add BLACKNTANS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Slowpoke 2012
UKC Forum Member

WSIF

I've got a $100 to donate towards the WSIF.

PR. Missouri Hi-Dollar Slowpoke HTX

PR. Missouri Nite Hunt Hitman - R.I.P
08-08-2013 - 07-15-2015
Starved to death by a S.O.B named Austin Tibbits.

American Black and Tan Coon Hounds
----------------------------------------------------------

Nt.Ch. "PR." Wildside's BugEyed Betty (W)

Matthew Fann
816-565-1660

Old Post 11-12-2014 01:06 AM
Slowpoke 2012 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Slowpoke 2012 Click here to Send Slowpoke 2012 a Private Message Click Here to Email Slowpoke 2012 Find more posts by Slowpoke 2012 Add Slowpoke 2012 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
berger
UKC Forum Member

Re: WSIF

quote:
Originally posted by Slowpoke 2012
I've got a $100 to donate towards the WSIF.

I knew when the dust all settled you would be a show man. rofl

319-201-8445

Old Post 11-12-2014 08:59 AM
kelly601lee
UKC Forum Member

WSIF

I won black and tan female in 2013 and I also donated my 10% back to the fund. I wish things didn't have to be so divided as to who supports what fund.

I saw the comment that the show bench was bought by a NON show person, the person who is going to take leadership is a NON show person. What does it matter? Aren't we ALL in the black and tan association trying to support each other? I am sure there are SHOW people who have supported the WHIF, maybe bought a pup or a stud fee.

I agree it is a bigger accomplishment for a BNT to win the hunt than the show. There are more rounds to get through than for the show.

When Lisa had taken a lead in it I messaged her and told her that anything she needed I was here to help. We messaged back and forth about it for a while, came up with some ideas, I had thought of maybe a benefit corn hole tournament at a major event, we were thinking AO but it's hard when it's just 2 people trying to get something started. It seems most of the support has been from individuals doing there own thing to support the fund, Rachel Weinstock did a raffle at her own club and donated to funds to the WSIF.

I am glad that an association member has taken a leadership role in the show fund. I would like to show my support and I will in anyway that is needed.

Proud home of:

WSHOWCH GRCH 'PR' Laurel Valley Backwoods Boondocker
*2014 SETWA Overall Show Champion
*2014 PA State Championship Overall Show Winner
*2014 Autumn Oaks Champion Male of Breed
*2015 Autumn Oaks Champion Male of Breed
*2016 Walker Days Saturday Grand Champion Male
*2016 Purina Points Breed Winner
*2017 AKC World Show Champion
*2017 UKC World Show Champion
*2018 Grand American GRCH Male

'PR' Lost Heritage Laurel Valley Liv
*2017 SETWA Overall Show Champion

GRCH 'PR' Laurel Hill Largo Stardom Bound
*2014 Walkers Days Overall Show Champion
*2014 PA State Championship Opp Sex Winner
*2015 Grand American Opp Sex Winner

Old Post 11-12-2014 02:15 PM
kelly601lee is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kelly601lee Click here to Send kelly601lee a Private Message Click Here to Email kelly601lee Find more posts by kelly601lee Add kelly601lee to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Slowpoke 2012
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: WSIF

quote:
Originally posted by berger
I knew when the dust all settled you would be a show man. rofl

Only thing better than GrNtCh is Dual Grand.

08-08-2013 - 07-15-2015

Matthew Fann
816-565-1660

Old Post 11-12-2014 02:30 PM
Slowpoke 2012 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Slowpoke 2012 Click here to Send Slowpoke 2012 a Private Message Click Here to Email Slowpoke 2012 Find more posts by Slowpoke 2012 Add Slowpoke 2012 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
H. L. Meyer
UKC Forum Member

O yea there is

GRNITECNWSHCHGRCH "PR' BLACK & TAN Ain't many of them.

Old Post 11-12-2014 04:22 PM
berger
UKC Forum Member

WHIF & WSIF

My Opinion's Comments and Questions.
want to thank H.L. Meyer, Rachel Weinstock, Mike Pennington and Kelly Johnston for posting in on this subject and also the Assoc. Officers and Board members and everyone else who has posted.
I will say I was against the Assoc. contributing funds to these funds unless they contributed equal amounts to both funds. Now there were rumors out there that this would jeopardize the Assoc. tax exempt status. To me it didn't even come close to doing that and the Assoc. Board had a law Firm check into it and sign a letter stating it did not jeopardize and that the programs were well within the guidelines of said tax exempt status. These funds are mostly funded by donations and fund raisers. Looking back percentage wise the Assoc. has contributed more to the WSIF then they have to the WHIF.
Mike P. as you stated raffles can be a Lot of hard work with no guarantee on the outcome. But what satisfaction is there in something if you don't work hard for it and it is just given . Also your comment that there is an insurance policy and the Assoc. just pay's for it is Very Misleading. There was a plan brought forward at BNT days put together by the WHIF committee and presented to the member's at the meeting and passed. There is a credit card fund that Ray Conrad and the committee put together to fund this program and as was said in the proposal this could take a few years to get fully funded. The next step to funding the WHIF was thru fund raiser's and the LAST option would be that the Assoc. would fund any short fall. Now I don't see this happening but it might now and then. Maybe this is the year as sometimes you need to decide and prioritize programs and events. The plan and Fund raising for the WHIF was put on hold for a little while until the Youth Scholarship fund was fully funded it's called prioritizing. To try and get it moving forward and funded, Though this can only happen if the show people get behind it. Jamie will work as hard and harder then anyone to get it going. So round up the fanciers and go to work. Look Jamie walks with Mack not Wick!

For the ones that have worked on this fund and donated time and towards this fund thanks for your contributions. Kelly Johnston as you stated winning the world is a big deal as you have more rounds to go thru. That is correct to get there it takes 2 weekends of hunts for the world hunt and only 1 for the world show. Though to get them conditioned for that level time spent is probably the same. H.L., Kelley and Rachel, My question is what would you like to see the goal for WSIF. $5,000.- 10% +$500. What would you think would be a realistic goal that would be able to stay funded year in and year out?
Kelly from what I read on Ralph Wellers post was not that he was dividing the Show people and hunters. But explaining that the Assoc. board and hunters are behind this program to succeed. But for it to be successful we need All the ones that will benefit from this program to get full heartedly behind it and not just a few.
Talking about the bench fund raiser that happened at BNT days for the WSIF. I also want to Thank Patty Vinson of donation of Doc Vinson's collection and Jamie Perrin for the incredible gift and act for the World Hunt Fund raiser at BNT days this Year. Thanks

319-201-8445

Last edited by berger on 11-12-2014 at 06:05 PM

Old Post 11-12-2014 05:58 PM
berger
UKC Forum Member

Changes in The Assoc.

If you look back 10 yrs. and all the changes of new programs that the Assoc. has made it is incredible.

Best breed book out there of any breed!
Breeder of the Year!
Sire of the Year!
Dog of the Year!
Youth program and Scholarship Fund!
Breeder Owner Hunt and Show Award at BNT days!
BNT RQE Thursday night BNT days!
Pup Derby!
2 night King and Queen!
Consistent Cast winner award - 3 nights!
Senior Hunt Wednesday Night!
Distinguished Service Awards!
WHIF Program!
WSIF Program!
And if you remember draw out years ago it could take an hour or 2 to get casts drawn and called out, Now within a 1/2 hr. all casts are drawn and called out. Incredible!

Hall of Fame Hunt and Show, just implemented this year!
Champion of Champions Classic Hunt on Wednesday night, Just implemented this year.
If the hunt is a success and works it would be nice to see a format like this in the future for the show if there is interest.

That is a Lot of new programs over the last 10 yrs. and I am probably missing 1 or 2 of them. This can only happen by having the best members of any breed Assoc. of open and creating minds working to improve activity in the breed. Also having an incredible bunch of Officers and Board members donating a lot of hours and there time to come together to implement these programs.
Hands down the Best Breed Association out there of any Assoc. out there. This could only be achieved by great leadership and wonderful members and didn't get there by being politically correct. But by being tough skinned enough to take criticism and congratulations to heart without being hurt or flattered! Great job officers and members!!

319-201-8445

Old Post 11-12-2014 06:58 PM
Slowpoke 2012
UKC Forum Member

WSIF

Pass a hat around this year at B&T Days and take up a donation. If everyone gave $5-$10 it would probably be funded.

08-08-2013 - 07-15-2015

Matthew Fann
816-565-1660

Old Post 11-13-2014 02:08 AM