UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Treeing Walkers > Springcreek Rock ?
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

is the fred semen

available?

Grand Champion Stevenson's "Johnny Jet,"

Palms 18:39........You armed me with strength for battle; you made my adversaries bow at my feet!
Two questions sum up life....
Why am I here ? And Where am I headed.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-19-2013 09:41 PM
cripple creek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cripple creek Click here to Send cripple creek a Private Message Click Here to Email cripple creek Find more posts by cripple creek Add cripple creek to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
iivydriff
UKC Forum Member

Re: is the fred semen

quote:
Originally posted by cripple creek
available?

No! he does Occasionally have some pups for sale though. But he dont right now.

Old Post 04-19-2013 09:48 PM
iivydriff is offline Click Here to See the Profile for iivydriff Click here to Send iivydriff a Private Message Click Here to Email iivydriff Find more posts by iivydriff Add iivydriff to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

you mean there are spring creek fred

dogs on the ground now?
if so id like to have contact with anyone who has a male off of fred

Palms 18:39........You armed me with strength for battle; you made my adversaries bow at my feet!

Old Post 04-19-2013 10:09 PM
cripple creek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cripple creek Click here to Send cripple creek a Private Message Click Here to Email cripple creek Find more posts by cripple creek Add cripple creek to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
iivydriff
UKC Forum Member

Re: you mean there are spring creek fred

quote:
dogs on the ground now?
if so id like to have contact with anyone who has a male off of fred

Tim is trying to get setup on this forum hes the one you need to talk to, but I talk to him every day. Yeh he has a male dog out of fred right now. he is a year old. There has been 3 pups raised out of him, but they are already spoken for. There will be more. Tim also has 5 daughters of Fred. I will PM you his phone number. He is talking breeding to some good stuff in the future, but Ill let him tell you about it.

Old Post 04-19-2013 10:17 PM
iivydriff is offline Click Here to See the Profile for iivydriff Click here to Send iivydriff a Private Message Click Here to Email iivydriff Find more posts by iivydriff Add iivydriff to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

got it ivy...

thx

Old Post 04-19-2013 10:25 PM
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

got ahold of him Ivii. thanks for your

help.

Old Post 04-20-2013 02:33 AM
iivydriff
UKC Forum Member

Re: got ahold of him Ivii. thanks for your

quote:
help.

No problem

Old Post 04-20-2013 03:42 AM
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

tell me as much as you know

about fred as you can. mouth hunting style etc, if you see tim, i have got two top of the line females we can use that semen on. they are world class looking and have top spring creek rock pedigrees in them.

Old Post 04-20-2013 07:13 AM
iivydriff
UKC Forum Member

The dog I had that was a full brother to Fred was the easiest dog Ive ever seen to start. I had him treeing some before I ever took him.. House cats and possums. First time I ever took him to the woods He treed a possum while Fred and a female I had ran a hot coon. All I did was take him huntin by the time he was a year old he was awesome. Fred was probably about a year old when i started huntin with Tim. It was back in the early 90's. I really wasnt into the comp hunts back then, but when Fred was entered up in some especially the big hunts. I would go spectate. This was when Fred was a little older. The handler of Fred at the time was a few years younger than me but we were friends. I never seen Fred get beat as far as on track he would get the tree every time. He would take the track away from good dogs. Super Fast on track. Good mouth. He had a big dying bawl locate then just solid chop. My dog that was a brother to him and Fred sounded alot alike on track they sounded good together bawl mouth on track with a good mouth. My dog had a dying bawl locate too, but not like Freds. When me and Tim are huntin now every dogs mouth is compared to Freds mouth. That Frozen Obama dog that Tim has now out of Fred has an awesome mouth.
Fred was also one of the smartest coon dogs I ever seen. We treed a coon one night up in Iowa it was across a big creek from us. We were going to have to walk a long ways around to get to the dogs and they were only 40 yards from us. So there are like 4 dogs treed across the creek. Tim told me to shoot the coon out. So I shot the coon out across the creek. Well after the dogs get done chewing on the coon Tim called Fred. Fred picked up the coon swam across the creek. Fred woud also carry the coon when you was walking out of the woods. One time me and Tim was huntin my dog and Fred and they were running hot and then it just got silent. Quiet awhile went by and nothing. So we drove up this old logging road in the direction they were, and picked my dog up coming down the road. Drove on up in there some more and here comes Fred carrying a small coon they caught on the ground. Fred was a smart dog. he was also a good lookin dog and he throws good looks and color.
Telling this on here reminds me of when I used to go to the big hunts with Tim I would talk to guys all day long about Fred. I had a dog of my own I could have been talking about right now, but I didnt care about the hunts back then it just didnt interest me at all. I just liked to coon hunt with good dogs.
Fred was one of them type dogs that are hard to come by. Just as awesome mouth. Good lookin dog, and a coon treein machine. All these guys gripe about walkers treeing slicks we didnt have that problem back then. He was accurate too and he would do it by himself or with company. One of the fastest on track that Ive ever seen. Maybe I can describe his track speed this way. The coon could either take a tree or get stretched plain and simple. They would catch a coon on the ground every night in Iowa in them big corn fields when the coon wanted to run. Usually in about 45 minutes they would have him stretched.
We hunted with a guy in Kansas one time. He said he had a spot guaranteed our dogs couldnt put a tree on a coon. We turned them loose they struck. He said there had only been one dog put a tree on a coon in there and the coon wasnt there. LOL. The female he was talking about had won the Kansas State Governers Cup her name was Lippy Lou. So anyway we got the race going and this guy says man we might as well catch them dogs. They were in a shallow area of a lake water in there about a foot deep and just solid cat tails. There was acres of it. Coon was hard to work in there because it was just water and cat tails. So Tim says no we aint catchin the dogs just wait a minute. In just a few minutes they caught the coon.
Im going to pick my pup up from Tim today. Im gettin one of the Male pups out of Obama who is out of Fred. Be grandpup of Fred and Rat Attack so I guess Ill see how that turns out. He is talking breeding some good stuff. Im going to breed two Fred Daughters myself when they come in heat. Me and Tim will be at them big hunts again in the future but this time Im going to be huntin in them. LOL no more sittin on the sidelines for me.

Last edited by iivydriff on 04-21-2013 at 09:44 AM

Old Post 04-20-2013 01:49 PM
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

man awesome stuff....

thanks for sharing. thats the kind of dog I like to hunt myself.
Not sure I have one of that caliber, but I try.
I told him I might be interested in one of the pups from the female he has bred right now. sounds like the one you are getting should be a nice one. I like the way the female is bred. He told me about her and the pup you are getting.

like I said...when you see Tim. let him know I have a world class female that I have booked to breed to lock box in a couple of months, but sure would like to see her bred to that fred semen when she comes in next jan or feb.

maybe you can show him some pics of her on your computer.

Ill post some pics of her on here later tonight maybe late.....headed to a hunt here in a little bit.

Ill be putting some videos of her treeing on here soon.

Old Post 04-20-2013 07:17 PM
iivydriff
UKC Forum Member

I mentioned your female to him this morning. Back when Tim was huntin Fred and I had that brother to him Man we treed some coon. The Grandpa to Fred on the Bottom Side named Spring Creek Sounder was a good hound too I hunted with him quiet a bit also. Several of us guys who hunted together just wasnt into the comp hunts back then, but we should have been. Man when them ole dogs are dead and gone It makes me wish I would have done more to keep that blood around Tim is the only one who did. And two of the guys I hunted with are dead and gone. stuart Shrader the owner of Sounder died at the age of about 39 and Kevin Bray owner of Spring Creek Chief who was a Dual Grand Brother of Fred and the Drifter dog I had. Died just a few years ago He was around 45. I was the youngest of the bunch I was about 10 years younger than all of them LOL. I was 18 when I started hunting with all those guys. Im 41 now but it seems like yesterday so its just me and Tim left out of the four of us.

Last edited by iivydriff on 04-21-2013 at 09:47 AM

Old Post 04-20-2013 07:36 PM
iivydriff
UKC Forum Member

Tim wants to see her papers. You can put them on here or Text them to him. Also do you have a Facebook account? If you do give me a link to get hooked up with you on there.

Old Post 04-20-2013 08:10 PM
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

yea I remember kevin bray

studding chief out. I was like a lot of folks, I was going to breed to fred or chief and then I got older and dogs just died and I was one of those shoulda, coulda, woulda.....
I hate to hear about keven. talked to him on the phone once.

I will post her pedigree on here in a day or two. it takes forever to type those suckers in here. last time i did it, took about an hour and when I was almost done, hit the wrong key and erased the whole thing. I almost threw up. haha
I had to wait till the next day cause I was too tired to mess with it again.

She is a world show champion and a cooooon dog.
she is a stay put all night tree dog. she has been bred three times and produced awesome coondogs from each cross.
just turned 6. I will post it for you and post some pics as well.

Old Post 04-21-2013 03:47 AM
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

heres most of it....

dams pedigree
.....................Gr. nt. ch. Sackett JR.
...............Dual gr. Ch. Rat Attack
.......Ch. Gr. Nt. ch. Rat Action Buzz
...............Triple Creek Fly..(gr. daughter to hopkins cash

Acha world show ch. Ukc Gr. ch
Stevenson's dancin Rabbit Boots

.....................Gr. nt. ch. skuna River Lipper
........Nt. ch. Gr. ch. Skuna River Bark
Gr. ch. stevensons Shelby G. T.
.......Willards nail...(Double grand daughter to Sacket JR.)
.......................also has old flat rock coma and w.c. hillbilly mack

Boots is the 9th generation of dogs I first bred over 30 years ago. I can account for and know every female on her side of the pedigree all the way back. Every female was special and way above average in mouth, looks, ability, track and tree power.
One of the greatest treeing walker females to ever tree a coon is located about 4 gen back on the bottom side. Some of the hardest hunting coon hunters that ever lived in the great state of Mississippi hunted with her and will tell you the same thing. Many men down here are still hunting this same stock of dogs and it is the foundation of their kennels.

Ill post some pics of her on the bench and on the wood in a min.

Old Post 04-21-2013 04:00 AM
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

heres one right after the miss. st. champ.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7663924@N06/8385078855/

and a little of her hardware. she has about twice that won in just a year and a half. she was about 18 months old.

Old Post 04-21-2013 04:03 AM
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

winning world ch. walker 09 acha world ch.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7663924@N06/5830107965/

Old Post 04-21-2013 04:06 AM
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

on the wood......

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7663924@N06/5830107943/

Old Post 04-21-2013 04:08 AM
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

6 mo pup treed video off of boots/box

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7663924@N06/8268441870/

Old Post 04-21-2013 04:10 AM
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

another 6 mo pup from another cross

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7663924@N06/8298498999/

off of boots and a son of bark called Bocephus up in memphis

Old Post 04-21-2013 04:12 AM
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

as you can see.....

she is one of the best looking walker hounds alive today, she is a coondog that can tree with the best in the world and she throws world class looking and world class loud treeing pups......
In my opinion, boots is one of the most dynamic reproducing walker females of all time.

Old Post 04-21-2013 04:16 AM
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

this is mittie on the bench

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7663924@N06/5817243546/

she is the one in the second video. as you can see, boots can throw up pretty and tree...
sounds like Fred doesnt it?
I think Boots and Fred could throw a dual world class hound.

Old Post 04-21-2013 04:19 AM
iivydriff
UKC Forum Member

Your Female

I will Relay all this to Tim that you have put on here. I talked to him today about your female some more when I went up to get my pup. I havent actually looked at any of it yet except the pedigree, but I will.

Old Post 04-21-2013 07:34 AM
elkrauskopf
UKC Forum Member

Sounds like something to breed to one of my heavy Stinson's Bobby females.

Old Post 04-23-2013 10:29 PM
elkrauskopf is offline Click Here to See the Profile for elkrauskopf Click here to Send elkrauskopf a Private Message Click Here to Email elkrauskopf Find more posts by elkrauskopf Add elkrauskopf to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
elkrauskopf
UKC Forum Member

Looks like our Hope female. There was a Dual Gr male here out of of Bobby named Billy here . Small world.

Old Post 04-24-2013 02:31 AM
elkrauskopf is offline Click Here to See the Profile for elkrauskopf Click here to Send elkrauskopf a Private Message Click Here to Email elkrauskopf Find more posts by elkrauskopf Add elkrauskopf to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

stinsons bobby littermates?

man I love them radar dogs big time. I still say radar was the best stud dog that ever lived. thats just my opinion. I saw dogs from him do some things that was just not normal.

post some more pics of those bobby dogs.....

Old Post 04-24-2013 04:24 AM