UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Curs and Feists > Cur x feists why?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Hillbilly boy
UKC Forum Member

Cur x feists why?

Like it says I was wounding why they seem to be as common as they are? I had a old timer tell me the feists blood seemed to make a x that was faster and a little better on a cold track. But he was also trying to sell some and my dad always told me never trust a dog trader lol

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-05-2020 01:58 AM
Hillbilly boy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hillbilly boy Click here to Send Hillbilly boy a Private Message Click Here to Email Hillbilly boy Find more posts by Hillbilly boy Add Hillbilly boy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
C bar G
New UKC Forum Member

I have Mtn Curs and Feist. My Curs are better at ground tracking but also wind fairly good. They are also a much longer hunting dog. My Feist are better at winding and sight hunting and will hunt closer.
I tried the cross a few years ago. I didn't get that super duper can do it all pup, but I did get some very solid dogs. They worked the ground and wind good and were fairly quick to catch one by sight.
My Curs are long winded. We use some for striking and baying hogs as well as treeing squirrels.
I would say the best thing I got out of it was a quicker dog that held up and lasted longer for the day. They did want to get a little deeper before checking back but nothing I couldn't deal with.

Old Post 04-19-2020 04:05 AM
C bar G is offline Click Here to See the Profile for C bar G Click here to Send C bar G a Private Message Click Here to Email C bar G Find more posts by C bar G Add C bar G to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ghost14
UKC Forum Member

Bout where at in northeast Georgia? I’d like to see them suckers.

Old Post 04-19-2020 02:42 PM
Ghost14 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ghost14 Click here to Send Ghost14 a Private Message Click Here to Email Ghost14 Find more posts by Ghost14 Add Ghost14 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote